Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

the debate is definitely not the most interesting part of this clip

is this ai? its benny johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Howard Stern's politics are loving awful as you'd expect a billionaire's to be. He also treats the people who work for him like poo poo.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shageletic posted:

is this ai? its benny johnson.

it's legit, he just cut two different parts together. It's hard to find clips of it that aren't posted by right wing psychos.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sydney Sweeney as Krysten Sinema

not Nancy Pelosi?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
say what you want about joe rogan but he's never done blackface

Communist Cop
Jun 29, 2023

Joementum posted:

the debate is definitely not the most interesting part of this clip

Who was sending Biden nudes

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

and heeeerreee coooomes the griiifffttttt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

not Nancy Pelosi?

gently caress, how could I forget

someone please post the needful

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

they know they can just fire her, right?

sorry the guy that has the authority to do that can't wake up from his ice cream naps

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I have never watched anything Sorkin has made and I never will

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

well it was a good run but here comes the coopting lol

fuckin go away fraud squad

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I learned what I needed to know about the West Wing from The Dollop's recaps. Avoided having to actually watch the episodes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Just give her the MSNBC spot and book deal she wants and be rid of her.

i don't think she could even swing that, psaki was an epic sorkinesque clapback queen and kjp has zero juice

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

MLK Admirer lol

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
camping in a tent is the most illegal thing you could possibly do on a college campus. only true monsters sleep on the ground. we rightfully outlawed all tents and sleeping bags a century ago and it is barbaric that these idiot children are resurrecting them

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Colonizers be colonizing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

If MLK was here to see people sitting in a space whose owners want them to leave, he'd be ashamed

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

well it was a good run but here comes the coopting lol

fuckin go away fraud squad
the protestors seeing aoc telling them to vote biden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIjA7_mV4o

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

If MLK was here the FBI would just assassinate him again

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

having lived through events that I didn't understand at all,

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
They're trying to steer the movement into a "turn out for the democrats" movement lol

Edit
https://twitter.com/chris_cmc86/status/1783898575790825977?t=zUfkAuqZG2_Kq-1Kcs6eTA&s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
MLK's Letter from a Birmingham AirBnB

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Nothus posted:

They're trying to steer the movement into a "turn out for the democrats" movement lol

Edit
https://twitter.com/chris_cmc86/status/1783898575790825977?t=zUfkAuqZG2_Kq-1Kcs6eTA&s=19

Liberals: "there is no alternative!"
Also liberals: "alternatives are wasted votes"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

and heeeerreee coooomes the griiifffttttt

a bunch of congressman clearing the area to take a collective knee

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/stevebenen/status/1783550155137933388

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Howard stern is alive who knew

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

no genocide? no! genocide!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

having lived through events that I didn't understand at all,

Saul Alinsky "Rules for Radicals" posted:

A naked illustration of this point is to be found in Trotsky’s summary of Lenin’s famous April Theses, issued shortly after Lenin’s return from exile. Lenin pointed out: “The task of the Bolsheviks is to overthrow the Imperialist Government. But this government rests upon the support of the Social Revolutionaries and Mensheviks, who in turn are supported by the trustfulness of the masses of people. We are in the minority. In these circumstances there can be no talk of violence on our side.” The essence of Lenin’s speeches during this period was “They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” And it was.

Alinsky again posted:

Gandhi is viewed by the world as the epitome of the highest moral behavior with respect to means and ends. We can assume that there are those who would believe that if Gandhi had lived, there would never have been an invasion of Goa or any other armed invasion. Similarly, the politically naive would have regarded it as unbelievable that that great apostle of nonviolence, Nehru, would ever have countenanced the invasion of Goa, for it was Nehru who stated in 1955: “What are the basic elements of our policy in regard to Goa? First, there must be peaceful methods. This is essential unless we give up the roots of all our policies and all our behavior … We rule out nonpeaceful methods entirely.” He was a man committed to nonviolence and ostensibly to the love of mankind, including his enemies. His end was the independence of India from foreign domination, and his means was that of passive resistance. History, and religious and moral opinion, have so enshrined Gandhi in this sacred matrix that in many quarters it is blasphemous to question whether this entire procedure of passive resistance was not simply the only intelligent, realistic, expedient program which Gandhi had at his disposal; and that the “morality” which surrounded this policy of passive resistance was to a large degree a rationale to cloak a pragmatic program with a desired and essential moral cover.

Let us examine this case. First, Gandhi, like any other leader in the field of social action, was compelled to examine the means at hand. If he had had guns he might well have used them in an armed revolution against the British which would have been in keeping with the traditions of revolutions for freedom through force. Gandhi did not have the guns, and if he had had the guns he would not have had the people to use the guns. Gandhi records in his Autobiography his astonishment at the passivity and submissiveness of his people in not retaliating or even wanting revenge against the British: “As I proceeded further and further with my inquiry into the atrocities that had been committed on the people, I came across tales of Government’s tyranny and the arbitrary despotism of its officers such as I was hardly prepared for, and they filled me with deep pain. What surprised me then, and what still continues to fill me with surprise, was the fact that a province that had furnished the largest number of soldiers to the British Government during the war, should have taken all these brutal excesses lying down.”

Gandhi and his associates repeatedly deplored the inability of their people to give organized, effective, violent resistance against injustice and tyranny. His own experience was corroborated by an unbroken series of reiterations from all the leaders of India—that India could not practice physical warfare against her enemies. Many reasons were given, including weakness, lack of arms, having been beaten into submission, and other arguments of a similar nature. Interviewed by Norman Cousins in 1961. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru described the Hindus of those days as “A demoralized, timid, and hopeless mass bullied and crushed by every dominant interest and incapable of resistance.”

Faced with this situation we revert for the moment to Gandhi’s assessment and review of the means available to him. It has been stated that if he had had the guns he might have used them; this statement is based on the Declaration of Independence of Mahatma Gandhi issued on January 26, 1930, where he discussed “the fourfold disaster to our country.” His fourth indictment against the British reads: “Spiritually, compulsory disarmament has made us unmanly, and the presence of an alien army of occupation, employed with deadly effect to crush in us the spirit of resistance, has made us think we cannot look after ourselves or put up a defense against foreign aggression, or even defend our homes and families …” These words more than suggest that if Gandhi had had the weapons for violent resistance and the people to use them this means would not have been so unreservedly rejected as the world would like to think.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Gotta admit the non compete change is cool.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

howtomakeabill.jpg

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

woah, i didn't know Hillary posted here

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

camping in a tent is the most illegal thing you could possibly do on a college campus. only true monsters sleep on the ground. we rightfully outlawed all tents and sleeping bags a century ago and it is barbaric that these idiot children are resurrecting them

Great news! the Supreme Court is about to bring the hammer down hard on tents!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

How would you convince a liberal that sitting on all of these Trump indictments until the election year is, essentially, using the judiciary to prosecute political opponents and interfere with an election?

I would imagine no Democrat official has been stupid enough to say that explicitly, on the record, to the mainstream media?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

How would you convince a liberal that sitting on all of these Trump indictments until the election year is, essentially, using the judiciary to prosecute political opponents and interfere with an election?

I would imagine no Democrat official has been stupid enough to say that explicitly, on the record, to the mainstream media?

It's good if it works. Lawfare is good. (it probably won't work)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I wouldn't spend energy or time convincing, i would just state it in plain terms and let them decide what to do with the information. Leading horses to water and all that

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Chris Hemsworth as the Shaman
Kenan Thompson as Eugene Goodman
Jay Johnston as himself
Kaley Cuoco as Ashli Babbitt
William H Macy as the dude who stole the lectern
Stephen Lang as the dude who put his feet up on Pelosi's desk
Shia LeBouf as the dude with zipties who brought his mom to Jan 6

Sydney Sweeney as Krysten Sinema

And Mark Hamill as the man himself - Donald J Trump

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I learned what I needed to know about the West Wing from The Dollop's recaps. Avoided having to actually watch the episodes.

Also we have our own C-SPAM grown podcast doing their gimmick but better. And we started before them!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

technically not a democrat official, but this is very eyebrow-raising if you're not a partisan
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1667007756014960641