Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

it was discussed in the protest thread

liberals wont to be able to co-opt this movement like others they already shed their skin and simply will not accept anything pro-palestine on top of the freak doing it being a dem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SgtMongoose posted:

Remember all the stories a few weeks ago about how vibrant and energetic Biden was, walking out to his helicopter all by himself?

Turns out it was very short lived.

*hans moleman voice* i want to see Joe Biden walking and shuffling alone across the grass

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

*hans moleman voice* i want to see Joe Biden walking and shuffling alone across the grass

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1783919972604932560

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

"admirer" lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Joementum posted:

they could also just make her an ambassador. like there's currently no US ambassador in the Bahamas or the Marshall Islands. want to go spent a year there, Karine?

Wasn't one of her careerist identity politics check boxes that she's Haitian?

Ambassador to Haiti.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Nothus posted:

They're trying to steer the movement into a "turn out for the democrats" movement lol

Edit
https://twitter.com/chris_cmc86/status/1783898575790825977?t=zUfkAuqZG2_Kq-1Kcs6eTA&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOTyUfOHgas

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did he ride the Sybian

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Weird how easy it is to force Universities to report on students protesting, and yet we can't make cops report on the shootings they do.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

it was discussed in the protest thread

liberals wont to be able to co-opt this movement like others they already shed their skin and simply will not accept anything pro-palestine on top of the freak doing it being a dem

Yep. Free Palestine and stop the genocide are both specific demands with unambiguous meanings.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

drat, you'd almost think they planned it that way!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Wasn't one of her careerist identity politics check boxes that she's Haitian?

Ambassador to Haiti.

this is the current US ambassador to Haiti

(he is a career diplomat and extremely qualified for the position)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i know, i know, new york post, but this article is really funny

https://x.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1783860713426977220

Lmao, they know this poo poo is already over

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Who the hell are these people waxing nostalgic about a "peaceful, law abiding" civil rights , it wasn't peaceful at all, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing this poo poo

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Candace Owens ftw

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dresden wasn't Soviet propaganda, it was Nazi, then West German propaganda???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MadSparkle posted:

Who the hell are these people waxing nostalgic about a "peaceful, law abiding" civil rights , it wasn't peaceful at all, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing this poo poo

In US history books its presented as a series of peaceful sit ins, MLK gave a nice speech and that was that .

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

PhilippAchtel posted:

Candace Owens ftw

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

who is that on the right

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

its not political prosecution if theyre actually guilty dumbass

it's political prosecution bc most of the cases are based on the flimsiest standing & haven't been used in this manner before.

also because of the timing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mags posted:

who is that on the right

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

In Training posted:

In US history books its presented as a series of peaceful sit ins, MLK gave a nice speech and that was that .

"the Selma to Montgomery marches tried to get permits for marching, unlike those lazy college student"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mags posted:

who is that on the right

that's Ed Markey, the guy who sponsored the GND in the Senate and who JK3 tried to knock off

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

Candace Owens ftw

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

MadSparkle posted:

schools teach the history of the civil rights movement wrong on purpose

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Like a college student pulling an all-nighter right before a big exam.

WampaLord posted:

Also we have our own C-SPAM grown podcast doing their gimmick but better. And we started before them!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866329

Cool, I'll check it out.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

loquacius posted:

that's Ed Markey, the guy who sponsored the GND in the Senate and who JK3 tried to knock off

oh lol

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Thought that was Paul Rudd for a sec lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Mr_Andrew_Fox/status/1783512305050734761

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MadSparkle posted:

Someone post that contemporary political comic of MLK saying everyone was there to protest peacefully, and the town he's in looked like the remains of a warzone, tyia

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mags posted:

who is that on the right

Jim Lahey

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

MadSparkle posted:

they are people who were too scared to protest. i remember being next to a car that was on fire in 2003.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Trump thread I have a confession.

I would be far more likely to vote for Biden if he rode the sybian

Am I alone? stand with me comrades

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/D3andB/status/1783217867896258671

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh good we just don't understand urban warfare that's why we're protesting

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

How many years ago was Biden elected?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Gotta admit the non compete change is cool.

i hate to be picky but does it really make sense for biden to take credit for this when its an ftc rule

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Texas’s response was indistinguishable from California’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Texas’s response was indistinguishable from California’s

Well yeah they are on the same side in the civil war