Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Are the Falcons trying to unseat the Raiders for most "original" big board?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Lmao struggling over that name

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Why in the world did they trade up to there for him. He wasn’t going for at least another dozen picks

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Falcons trading up. They must believe in Joe Milton

lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Trading up for a DT who isn't Murphy or Newton in this draft is automatically a bad move

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Hopefully wash takes a T here, maybe Paul or Kingsley?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I wonder if the Ravens trade up depending on which tackle falls, they desperately need one

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If Washington retires jerseys how was Darrell Green's not already retired?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington has redrafted Darrell Green. Pretty sure he can still run a good 40 time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
oh my loving god get on with it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Did Dan Snyder retire them?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mystic Stylez posted:

I wonder if the Ravens trade up depending on which tackle falls, they desperately need one

Generally inadvisable to trade up but this feels like an exception. They have 8 more picks in a draft lacking depth and an insane need at tackle. The dudes that could feasibily fill a hole right away are gone, but they still have Stanley for a year so a developmental guy that could be ready next is a real attractive option. Kingsley, Paul, and the Yale guy seem to fit the bill there.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
at least he's playing to the crowd

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Twitter is at least 2 picks ahead. Get on with it.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

mcmagic posted:

There is going to be a crazy WR run here.

I dunno, the 2 big guys went, maybe Polk for size, but there's a shitload fast, flawed, maybe they work guys now.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ever since that Dallas dude from a couple of years ago, everyone wants to cut a promo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay dude read the name

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
sure, good pick

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Generally inadvisable to trade up but this feels like an exception. They have 8 more picks in a draft lacking depth and an insane need at tackle. The dudes that could feasibily fill a hole right away are gone, but they still have Stanley for a year so a developmental guy that could be ready next is a real attractive option. Kingsley, Paul, and the Yale guy seem to fit the bill there.

I agree, and EDC saying yesterday they aren't a team that trades up is true but also feels like he may have something in his mind for today

ok I really thought WASH was taking an OT, that's good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd rather see former players grandstand a bit than Goodell slur out more stale ad copy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Washington you need a loving Tackle

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I like what Washington is doing, but have zero faith in them

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What is happening lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Okay dude read the name

There was that Raiders guy who was kind of fun and had a good clock's worth of spiel and always reminded everyone Mother's day was coming up.

I think they were doing these picks in the third round at the time though, by which time I'm a little more ready to listen to the old guys talk and spoiling the actual picks for myself if I want to.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good choice from NE.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Short answer: Snyder was an rear end in a top hat.

Long answer: The only number they formally retired for decades was Sammy Baugh's 33, which they did back in the 50s when he retired. They had a bunch unofficially retired, which led to poo poo like Steve Spurrier briefly reissuing Sonny Jurgensen's #9 or Joe Theismann's #7 during training camp before people told him "Uh, don't do that for Danny Wuerffel". They didn't start to retire more numbers until 2020, when Snyder was clearly trying to do anything he could to get any positive poo poo from the fans, and they've done basically one a year since then, but that included poo poo like the very hastily prepared one they did for Sean Taylor, where they had some mannequin set up with a weird hodgepodge of gear from different years that was clearly pulled from a storage room.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

AD mitchell sliding, huh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Washington you need a loving Tackle

They do, but Newton is an infinetly better prospect than the available OTs. This is the kind of pick you look back on as an absolute no brainer a few years down the line.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Which channel has the Nickelodeon Draft Feed

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jen X posted:

AD mitchell sliding, huh

He’s apparently been removed from some team boards.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

looks like the "character concerns" stuff about AD is true to most teams

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Solid choice for NE

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Jen X posted:

AD mitchell sliding, huh

there was some chatter about him being taken off some boards cause of character issues

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers should take AD and be set at receiver for the next 5 years. Just fkn do it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They do, but Newton is an infinetly better prospect than the available OTs. This is the kind of pick you look back on as an absolute no brainer a few years down the line.

Yea I get it, I was worried NE was going to start a T run before their next pick but they can just pick one with their other high 2nd rounder

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

He’s apparently been removed from some team boards.

gonna go to philly and we're all either gonna wonder how the character concerns guy slipped to them or laugh at them for taking the obvious character disaster

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
AD Mitchell and Jermaine Burton are gonna fall tonight. Diva's.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If dude has unmanaged type 1 how long does he realistically last in the NFL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1784005385352892842