Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
I like tnt doing the powerplay time remaining on the ice graphic thing so i don't need to take my eyes off the play to look at the scorebug, but putting the circle highlight all around MacKinnon the entire time he was on the ice on the powerplay was so distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

fermun posted:

putting the circle highlight all around MacKinnon the entire time he was on the ice on the powerplay was so distracting.

I've seen this before on US broadcasts and I strongly dislike it as well.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

holy poo poo :eyepop:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Go on....

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

RC Cola posted:

Go on....

oh gently caress i'm sorry, I got too excited. Lehkonen scored

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

what the gently caress was that helly

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I wasn't terribly impressed by Mittelstadt in the regular season, but he's been really good so far in the playoffs. It's like the switch just turned in for him.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
hellebuyck is a fraud, zach parise is the best american hockey player on the ice and he wasn't even involved in that play, he was just waiting for a rebound

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Something tells me Hellebuyck's contract is gonna start looking really bad in 6 or 7 years.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

An Avalanche

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Goddamn Winnipeg has had some epic meltdowns this series.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
So Toews came back after getting high sticked, and Manson is back after having to go to the locker room after a blocked shot, and while he's definitely not an impact player, I have not seen Kiviranta since he went to the locker room towards the end of the 1st.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

fermun posted:

So Toews came back after getting high sticked, and Manson is back after having to go to the locker room after a blocked shot, and while he's definitely not an impact player, I have not seen Kiviranta since he went to the locker room towards the end of the 1st.
He came back but I think he might have left the game again.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

RC COLA THEY SCORED AGAIN!!!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
You suck, Winnipeg

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
that was nice

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Simplex posted:

I wasn't terribly impressed by Mittelstadt in the regular season, but he's been really good so far in the playoffs. It's like the switch just turned in for him.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

HOLY gently caress posted:

RC COLA THEY SCORED AGAIN!!!

Thank you, woooo! I love this team

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Avs highlights :stare:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Simplex posted:

He came back but I think he might have left the game again.

Oh yep, he just had a shot on goal even, cool. Any time he can take saves the better guys some fatigue

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
5 goal 3rd period, lmao

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

lmfao at Lowry getting stuck in his jersey

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs scored 4 on 11 shots against Hellebuyck in the 3rd and then 1 more on an empty net

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Oof, Wood got rocked going down to the ice in that scuffle

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Holy poo poo :stare:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

that was... amazing

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Gordie Howe for Kane

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why are they trying to kill Kane.

A slew foot last period. headhunting this period.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Well that is some playoff hockey.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Jesus, don't see that happen in an endgame scrum very often

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Powershift posted:

Why are they trying to kill Kane.

A slew foot last period. headhunting this period.

Why WOULDN'T they try to kill Kane?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Also who was bleeding everywhere at the end of the Avs game?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Dillon got his hand(?) sliced while he was beating on Duhaime

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I think it might have been one of the Jets? Maybe it was when everyone was in a pile

^ah, there we go

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
How did that end up being a 5-on-3? Weird game

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Why did the Oilers get a 2-man advantage from a clean hit and a scrum?

League wants McD on ABC.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

the Avs-Jets games have been fun and weird as hell to watch, even the first one where I spent most of it wanting to die

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah Hyman’s gonna have 10 goals before the first round is over

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Aces High posted:

Dillon got his hand(?) sliced while he was beating on Duhaime

Yeah, looks like someone stepped on his right hand sometime after he had dropped his gloves to go after duhaime and taken him down to the ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Game one of Avs-Jets I was checked out for most of, then they almost tied it. Games 2 and 3 I've been the most fired up I've been the whole season