Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DogGunn posted:

This is an amazing people?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogan_of_the_Houthi_movement

Am I missing something here?

i think you miss most things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think you miss most things

Thanks for pointing that out - but I don't think anyone that has "curse upon the Jews" is "an amazing people".

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DogGunn posted:

yes

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DogGunn posted:

Thanks for pointing that out - but I don't think anyone that has "curse upon the Jews" is "an amazing people".

when's the last time you scared off an American carrier?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DogGunn posted:

“We don’t care, we don’t care, we don’t care! Turn it into a major world war! My heart longs for the rifle! By god this life is forbidden for me. On God’s path bitterness tasted sweet..welcome o’ death, o’ our wish!”

“O’ stars of the night in the dark skies..O’ planets! O’ moon! O’ sun! Welcome! What was the sin of Hussein and the precious Ibn Al-Bader?! Was it the Quran or [being] a Hashemite?!

By god! Hussein and Ibn Al-Bader are precious…

We all redeem him! and to him we redeem! Whoever asks for us, ask Al-Jabali about us! Above the pride of Himyar! From our childhood, it saw us fighting. Like us, it did not live without an identity!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ansar Allah could cure cancer and invent room temperature fusion and there would still be guys who just learned about the flag breathlessly racing to alert us to the breaking news of vexing vexilology

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

when's the last time you scared off an American carrier?

Even if you think the American's failed in their mission to stop the Houthis, it's ludicrous to think that after being in the Red Sea for months they were suddenly "scared off".

Owlbear Camus posted:

ansar Allah could cure cancer and invent room temperature fusion and there would still be guys who just learned about the flag breathlessly racing to alert us to the breaking news of vexing vexilology

Yeah, because it's hosed. But don't worry, they're not curing anything at all.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

DogGunn posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

American sailors love being kept on high alert for months on end. They love being shot at. It's the coolest thing in the world to think about being roasted alive at any minute with minimal warning. Can't even see it coming. And there's nowhere to escape.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

let them cook.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DogGunn posted:

This is "an amazing people"? People holding up a sign like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogan_of_the_Houthi_movement

the chant could be understood in the same vein as "kill whitey." everyone should be able to infer that it's in the context of the state of Israel as an imperial outpost of the West that threatens peace and prosperity in the middle east unless you're a stupid facetious oval office,

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DogGunn posted:

actually the houthis are the single most humanitarian fighting force on the planet and are one of the few groups fighting 21st century nazism they are incredible and amazing in every way and i support them in everything.

stay mad i guess

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

DogGunn posted:

Even if you think the American's failed in their mission to stop the Houthis, it's ludicrous to think that after being in the Red Sea for months they were suddenly "scared off".

Vietnam was a tie.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DogGunn posted:

it's an observation, not a threat, op

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

American sailors love being kept on high alert for months on end. They love being shot at. It's the coolest thing in the world to think about being roasted alive at any minute with minimal warning. Can't even see it coming. And there's nowhere to escape.

Except the Houthis didn't have that capability. They had no weaponry that could be stealthily deployed and used.

The carrier group shot down plenty of attempts at their ships.

If they were "scared", wouldn't you think they'd leave immediately?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

We had that spate of accounts getting compromised and posting whatever sketchy links recently. This account has not been active for years. Could it be?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

ansar allah ftw

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

- every fascist ever

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DogGunn posted:

Except the Houthis didn't have that capability. They had no weaponry that could be stealthily deployed and used.

I think they probably ran out of multi million dollar interceptors and have to reload.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DogGunn posted:

me as im struggling to get on the last helicopter out of saigon "waaah you didnt win!!" :qq:

DogGunn posted:

Yeah, because it's hosed. But don't worry, they're not curing anything at all.

actually theyve solved the mystery of why america doesnt have healthcare

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

crepeface posted:

the chant could be understood in the same vein as "kill whitey." everyone should be able to infer that it's in the context of the state of Israel as an imperial outpost of the West that threatens peace and prosperity in the middle east unless you're a stupid facetious oval office,

Ahh yes, the Middle East was a bastion of peace and prosperity before Israel.

Real Mean Queen posted:

We had that spate of accounts getting compromised and posting whatever sketchy links recently. This account has not been active for years. Could it be?

Nah, just come back to see what's going on.

Al-Saqr posted:

actually the houthis are the single most humanitarian fighting force on the planet and are one of the few groups fighting 21st century nazism they are incredible and amazing in every way and i support them in everything.

stay mad i guess

Too bad they do gently caress all for their own people. They ain't humanitarians at all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I think they probably ran out of multi million dollar interceptors and have to reload.

Possibility - but I'm sure they have the capability to reload at sea.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

DogGunn, in case you just genuinely aren't aware, there is a lot of discussion about the AnsarAllah logo that you can read about, including the current spokesman for the organisation explicitly saying that they don't wish any ill will onto Jewish people and that their only opposition is to Israel and the Zionists in control of it. They've also explicitly said that they consider anti-Zionist Jews to be allies in their cause.

It's an unfortunate situation, but the reason people in this thread aren't bothered by the slogan is because they understood what it said and went "man what is up with that?" and looked into it and came away with the conclusion that it isn't antisemitic.

You might disagree with that conclusion, but you aren't going to catch anyone out by going 'but don't you know what it says?!', and no one itt is antisemitic regardless of their opinions of AnsarAllah. At worst they just disagree with you about the intent of the slogan - if they agreed with you that it was antisemitic they'd agree that it was bad.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DogGunn posted:

how did it get that way

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DogGunn posted:

that's right. that's why they sailed away with a big 'mission accomplished' banner on their ship.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

DogGunn posted:

Nah, just come back to see what's going on.

Too bad they do gently caress all for their own people. They ain't humanitarians at all.

lol tell us more about how the slogan on the flag is your issue

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

DogGunn posted:

Lol is this a bit?

If not:

https://www.navytimes.com/opinion/2024/03/05/rearming-us-navy-ships-at-sea-is-no-longer-an-option-but-a-necessity/

quote:

One simple step can “revolutionize surface warfare,” as U.S. Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro put it at the latest naval conference WEST in San Diego: rearming our warships at sea. Today the only way to reload vertical launching system cells — the mainstay of the Navy’s front-line warship — is to pull into port, often taking warships out of action for weeks at a time.

Consider the situation in the Red Sea. For our Navy’s warships engaging the Houthi rebel group, reloading VLS cells would require a transit through the Suez Canal to ports in Greece or Italy, about 2,000 miles or more away. This lost time, under persistent Houthi attacks, proves this ability to reload underway is no longer a luxury — it’s a necessity.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DogGunn posted:

They don't actually.

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

HazCat posted:

DogGunn, in case you just genuinely aren't aware, there is a lot of discussion about the AnsarAllah logo that you can read about, including the current spokesman for the organisation explicitly saying that they don't wish any ill will onto Jewish people and that their only opposition is to Israel and the Zionists in control of it. They've also explicitly said that they consider anti-Zionist Jews to be allies in their cause.

Perhaps they should hire a vexillologist to assist them with a new flag then if that is really their belief.

crepeface posted:

how did it get that way

Loads of cultural and religious wars that stem back centuries.

crepeface posted:

that's right. that's why they sailed away with a big 'mission accomplished' banner on their ship.

Would've been funny.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Your lovely carrier is slinking away in shame, mission failed. Enjoy your L.

Ansar Allah ftw.

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

It's not and thanks for the link.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DogGunn posted:

hey quick question whats been happening to yemen since 2014 and by whom.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

DogGunn posted:

Perhaps they should hire a vexillologist to assist them with a new flag then if that is really their belief.

Sure? Personally I think their logo is less important than their words and actions, and from the interviews I've watched I get the impression that the current generation of members feels the same way.

No one here is going to withhold support for their material actions against Israel over one line on a flag that they themselves have stated they don't take literally as written.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
https://x.com/nypost/status/1783268009701781749

Protesters are hypocrites because they eat pre-packaged sandwiches and granola bars, instead of starving.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Marenghi posted:

Protesters are hypocrites because they eat pre-packaged sandwiches and granola bars, instead of starving.

bringing out the classics

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Just from my personal perspective, I saw a lot of stuff a few months ago about how the houthis were gonna learn why I can’t go to a doctor, which I’m still a little confused about, and then it looks like they fuckin didn’t learn why that is at all

Marenghi posted:

lmao protestors at Columbia University too much money on the food available near Columbia University, like assholes

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 12:43 on Apr 27, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

imagine saying the slogan of the houthis is the problem and not the real deal nazi einzatsgruppen genocide israels been doing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DogGunn posted:

yeh ok, funs over dickhead, gently caress off to d&d

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the Israeli flag doesn't say, "Bomb Gaza" so whats the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DogGunn posted:

why are weirdos like you more bothered by words than genocidal actions?