Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

trying so hard just to impress people like Ian Miles Cheong

he'll be using the f-slur in a few days

"Pernicious" and "simp" are not usually two words that I juxtapose, but SHEESH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

AI's improvement in just a couple of years has been measured in exponential growth and abilities. Even art bots can measure tremendous growth in months as opposed to years. The idea that AGI is not possible at all seems more like wishful thinking than a reasonable point of view. I think in the range of 50-100 years it's not only possible, but very probable to have a human level AGI.

And yet almost zero improvement of our understanding of what human intelligence even is, much less exponential growth. We are certainly getting better at simulating AI, it's a less convincing argument that there is any actual intelligence in the models.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Elon's understanding of humor is limited to a list of memes he's learnt.
It is a joke because other people acknowledge the format as ajoke

War Wizard posted:

I've seen this before, but what's the story for it? She looks like a bond villain holding a compliance implant that explodes if your income drops below six figures.
The dumbest investors in the world told the media outlets to print stories that they weren't dumb and horny but that Holmes had some supernatural power to trick them with tech wizardry because she targeted wealthy politicians for her scams.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Temporarily serves as a Hellespont

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Artificial intelligence is simple. All we need to do is move from language prediction to cognition. We’re 90% there, my start up will take us—

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Elizabeth Holmes might have been a weird con woman doing a fake voice and a poor Steve Jobs but she managed to embarrass some very rich and terrible people - like David Boies - so that was a plus.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Three Olives posted:

Just your reminder that there is no real evidence that AIG will ever exist

AIG absolutely exists and has been caught defrauding people as well

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Artificial Intelligence has existed for many decades.

You must mean something else.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

AlmightyBob posted:

why does his mom look like the joker

JP from Grandma's Boy lookin' rear end

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Enron Musk is a good one, probably the best nickname the musk mockery has produced

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

redshirt posted:

Artificial Intelligence has existed for many decades.

You must mean something else.

Machine learning has and does and has been rebranded at AI, the question if it is actually intelligent is far more open.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Platystemon posted:

In the end, Walgreens/CVS invested because the other one already had, and “what if we’re left behind?”

Some other big chain invested EVEN AFTER the machine misdiagnosed their representative... Twice.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

love that the theranos machine was called edison vis a vis elong's tesla. birds of a feather

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Edison was a prolific patent thief.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

a lot of rich Republicans lost a lot of money on it so you could say Edison shocked some elephants

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Internet Old One posted:

I recall having a discussion in high school after someone said "communism" to mean "authoritarianism" my and my friend had a good chuckle about it and said something like "communism sounds pretty nice actually" (edgy!) then we explained what it meant and that so far nobody had really managed to pull it off and maybe it doesn't work IRL.

Neither of us were particularly knowledgable about communism but the entire rest of the class grew up hearing about it nonstop without getting a peep of context or any notion why any country would put themselves through a bloody revolution to live under it.

This is why everything the right hates is "communism". They want to be able to talk about it without spreading dangerous ideas.

I was talking to an American boomer in mainland China who was visiting for business. He was saying how he was considering moving here because he felt more free there than in the States (I didn't ask but he probably meant that he could say vaguely racist or sexist poo poo without getting canceled), despite China being communist. I replied that China isn't really communist these days and he said "yes it is: they execute drug dealers here"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Elon hanging out with his scary Mom is to show us how we need to make more babies, since we are running a SERIOUS BABY DEFICIENCY!!!!"

If Elon doesn't hang out with his mom, someone might question him without getting scolded while being reminded that he's the most special boy ever born

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Ashmole posted:

He is now a scarf guy because he's self conscious about his fat and his wrinkles lmao

He doesn't want to be "the second nussy" made fun of on the SomethingAwful Forums(the first belongs to Donald Trump) :elon:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

That will never not be funny to me how he just threw on that lovely armor he bought from Amazon (or Etsy? Don’t remember) over his tshirt and jeans.
Chef’s kiss is his untucked tshirt hanging out over his giant belt buckle.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

how is this not 3olives av

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

digital penitence posted:

that lovely armor he bought from Amazon (or Etsy? Don’t remember) over his tshirt and jeans.

It’s rented.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

because she gave birth to a clown

:dudsmile:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A half-decent Penny Arcade!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Platystemon posted:

It’s rented.

I thought people found it on AliExpress. Maybe that's where the costume shop got it?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Squibbles posted:

I thought people found it on AliExpress. Maybe that's where the costume shop got it?

Ah yeah, maybe it was there people found it! Honestly it's even funnier if he rented it and didn't even buy it.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Nelson Mandingo posted:

AI's improvement in just a couple of years has been measured in exponential growth and abilities. Even art bots can measure tremendous growth in months as opposed to years. The idea that AGI is not possible at all seems more like wishful thinking than a reasonable point of view. I think in the range of 50-100 years it's not only possible, but very probable to have a human level AGI.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, pretend I posted that stupid Elon Musk dog balls meme but with your post as the bottom dog and that "you serious?" bit from the 2002 Spider-Man movie as the top dog.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Is that mummy..?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cable Guy posted:

Is that mummy..?

Yeah, you better give back all those cursed ancient artefacts you stole from its tomb.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Cable Guy posted:

Is that mummy..?

Mummy Returns, I think.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Cable Guy posted:

Is that mummy..?

Oedipus Rex

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Ahem, Oedipus X

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Not if I kill it first.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol within each of us is a Good Elon and a Bad Elon.

What Elon do you choose today?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Monica Bellucci posted:

Ahem, Oedipus X

:hmmyes:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

lol within each of us is a Good Elon and a Bad Elon.

What Elon do you choose today?

But both elons aren't even giving me advice, they're both just sending me a whole bunch of unfunny, pretty racists, memes!!!

I expected better of you good elon :(

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Monica Bellucci posted:

Ahem, Oedipus X

pretty sure it doesnt go that far. however musk , a 50 yearold man probably literally mentions his mom more than the entirety of twitter, including twitter on mothers day.

if Issac Washington were to raid Musk's cybermonkey compound, he would call Musk a mofo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Was she going as the mother from Brazil that year?