Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I’d like to retract my previous negativity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Kiran Amegadjie, reveal yourself! I know you're here!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I salute a true bearsposter

Let him cook

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The realest

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 27, 2024

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

gently caress, he might become my new favorite Bear; sorry Caleb!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is actually believable to me that this guy was radicalized into becoming an offensive lineman by watching JaMarcus Webb

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I love this draft class so much already.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jen X posted:

I guess they're happy with the defensive line of, uh

sweat and no one?

I think they wanted Bralen Trice but he went ahead of them. Didn't seem like there were many options at DL at that spot. Will never complain about taking the best available lineman. It's precisely what the Chiefs and Eagles do.

Everything relies on Caleb being a star. Giving him all the help in the world so he can develop should be the primary focus. Their defense should be decent next year and they do have a 1st and 2 2nds next year they can use to address the DL. But defense doesn't matter if Caleb's soul gets crushed playing behind a crap line.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would have been happy with Adisa Isaac, but to me this was generally a pretty thin DL class both inside and outside once you got past the top tier of guys so I get going offense again today.

I might have looked at one of the iOL prospects as a seemingly safer bet than Amegadjie, but I'm perfectly content going with a developmental OT too. Gives you a potential upgrade from Jones down the line (or maybe just a cheap adequate replacement) without forcing you to give up on a young guy who had a promising stretch to close out last season. Plus he's got the flexibility to kick inside

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Smart teams go BPA: Best Poster Available.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dexo posted:

The realest

It blows me away that top QBs will now make 137 million in like three years.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dude is a legit tortured bears fan from Hinsdale lmao
https://x.com/BrendanSugrue/status/1784060896307724395

new favorite player

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I was sad about not taking a center but lmao at this guy's posts. I'm on board

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/BearWeatherFans/status/1784065331872530558

:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glGHkaVMOk4

Me thinks the coach wanted to trade up/draft a defender

Listen to Poles talk about the decision at the start.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 27, 2024

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

trevorreznik posted:

I was sad about not taking a center but lmao at this guy's posts. I'm on board

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ok actually this kid just being a lifelong doomer Bears fan who literally walked up to the head coach and said “you will draft me” and gets to live the meatball dream to fix our poo poo line rules

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

:thunk:

Poles is probably safe no matter what happens this season unless Caleb is Bryce Young level, and that doesn't seem likely since he didn't have any of Young's red flags.

Eberflus? If he can't field a good defense there's gonna be a lot of questions about whether or not he's wasting Caleb's potential.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is actually believable to me that this guy was radicalized into becoming an offensive lineman by watching JaMarcus Webb

If life had given me a 6 foot 5 inch skeleton, I would have spent my teens doing footwork and hand placement drills too

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Wishlist for some of our eight picks (lol) today in descending order:

Jaden Hicks (S)
Either Rattler or Milton III (QB)
1 Edge
1 DL
1 CB
1 WR
1 IOL
1 K

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If the Lions have no designs on offering that UFL Michigan Panthers kicker a contract, I want a kicker in the 7th round this afternoon.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/marcus_mosher/status/1768301290839220590

hell yeah

Last night Gutey was cooking. Two probable day one defensive starters selected in the span of 13 picks, all while adding even more picks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

surf rock posted:

Wishlist for some of our eight picks (lol) today in descending order:

Jaden Hicks (S)
Either Rattler or Milton III (QB)
1 Edge
1 DL
1 CB
1 WR
1 IOL
1 K

It kicks rear end that we have back-to-back picks. Doesn't happen too often.

4 - 126
5 - 168
5 - 169
6 - 190
6 - 202
6 - 219
7 - 245
7 - 255

Freak athlete dart throws incoming!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

fishing with the fam posted:

I love this draft class so much already.

same

SKULL.GIF posted:

Poles is probably safe no matter what happens this season unless Caleb is Bryce Young level, and that doesn't seem likely since he didn't have any of Young's red flags.

Eberflus? If he can't field a good defense there's gonna be a lot of questions about whether or not he's wasting Caleb's potential.

The defense got a lot better last year once Eberflus took over the play calling; not sure that's ideal long-term, but I'd hope that he has it figured out now with the Eric Washington hiring?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Stoked we got Marshawn Lloyd, he was the guy I wanted later in the draft. Just like that the Packers shored up their weak spots with their first four picks, and not by forcing it either. Some flier corners and oline depth and we are good.

https://twitter.com/NotionsOfJacob/status/1784055861008089288

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hand Row posted:

Stoked we got Marshawn Lloyd, he was the guy I wanted later in the draft. Just like that the Packers shored up their weak spots with their first four picks, and not by forcing it either. Some flier corners and oline depth and we are good.

https://twitter.com/NotionsOfJacob/status/1784055861008089288

Saban said he was the second-best RB in this draft class, so I'll take it.

I'm so pumped about the Javon Bullard pick. Safeties went from Darnell Savage and Jonathan Owens to Xavier McKinney and Bullard.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

Yeah it sounds like they were gonna go with Bralen Trice and then pivoted to OL once he was off the board. I like the Amegadjie pick more tbh, sorry to Flus

Hopefully Poles makes it up to him by signing a decent vet d-lineman. Go out and get Calais Campbell please

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

GNU Order posted:

Ok actually this kid just being a lifelong doomer Bears fan who literally walked up to the head coach and said “you will draft me” and gets to live the meatball dream to fix our poo poo line rules

Even I have to admit that is awesome (and I baaaarrely care about the Bears).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://x.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1784255842214113563

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dexo posted:

Errbody loading up on corners DBs to deal with the Bears.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

CBS info on Williams:

Pro Comparison: Sydney Brown

Summary
Evan Williams plays with above-average awareness and good discipline, lets runs develop and navigates traffic well. He’s a good form tackler who plays with a low pad level and aggressive instincts.

About
2023: Second-team All-Pac 12
2023: 4.5 sacks (T-2nd most among FBS DB)

Strengths
Will come downhill like he's shot out of a cannon vs. the run
He's a wrap-up tackler looking to run through the ball-carrier
He's not looking to run around blocks vs. run when coming from deep safety

Weaknesses
Better vs. the run than the pass
Played deep safety in college at times, but NFL future will be closer to line of scrimmage

Combine Data
40-yard dash: 4.6 seconds
Vertical jump: 40.5 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 6 inches

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The packers aren’t because the bears are the only team in the league the defense can consistently beat

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

New DC, who knows if this DC has the juice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

The packers aren’t because the bears are the only team in the league the defense can consistently beat

What?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GET THE gently caress OUTTA HERE TRENTON GILL

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at this british guy in a jack sanborn jersey goading the crowd

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh gently caress we got the iowa punter

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
gently caress yeah MVP

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are BACK

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

CBS info on Williams:

Pro Comparison: Sydney Brown

Summary
Evan Williams plays with above-average awareness and good discipline, lets runs develop and navigates traffic well. He’s a good form tackler who plays with a low pad level and aggressive instincts.

About
2023: Second-team All-Pac 12
2023: 4.5 sacks (T-2nd most among FBS DB)

Strengths
Will come downhill like he's shot out of a cannon vs. the run
He's a wrap-up tackler looking to run through the ball-carrier
He's not looking to run around blocks vs. run when coming from deep safety

Weaknesses
Better vs. the run than the pass
Played deep safety in college at times, but NFL future will be closer to line of scrimmage

Does Hafley's defense use a Rover type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have to imagine this is the first time that (barring any weird deals) this is the first bears draft where they didn't take a defensive player.