Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

AirRaid posted:

How’s the ride quality on this? I’ve heard good things. I was eyeing the saloon version for my next car, aiming for a big comfortable place to sit and be wafted around the place, and I don’t need the wagon at all.

The polestar engineered one has the öhlins dampers which can be (manually) adjusted, by default the middle is still a little stiff. But I like the firm ride. I drove a regular xc60 as well and it was a lot softer with the air suspension. I bet the v60 cross country is also a softer ride.

My previous favourite car was a bmw 325 wagon (e46) which was also pretty rigid so it’s definitely what I prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Bought an old truck to do some truck things. The front end is dogshit but it came with a rebuild kit.

I love GMT800's. Ride is soft and sloppy, engine gets 14 mpg and its not even fast...but oh man does it bring me back to what trucks were made for. Loading in lumber or shoveling out dirt at hip height rules.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Theophany posted:

CPO with 2-year Porsche warranty, it's a 2019 with 22k miles on it. I was looking at buying a first gen GTS a couple of years back after dumping my RS6 and ended up opting for the Audi S7 instead because of horror stories of the first gen Panameras. The last properly quick sports car I drove was a McLaren 570S that had been prepped to GT4 spec and it's definitely not on that astral plane, but it was shockingly impressive how such a big old boat could be so comfortable, sure-footed and savagely quick. I can only imagine how mental the Turbo S Hybrid models are.

Good stuff, CPO is exactly the way we’d be looking to go. The depreciation on these from new is savage.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

morothar posted:

Good stuff, CPO is exactly the way we’d be looking to go. The depreciation on these from new is savage.

Yep! This one was in the area of 150-160k new in 2019 and the sticker price is £67k with a guaranteed future value of £48k so with a bit of tax fuckery in the write down of my last car and relief on the monthlies it works out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m glad that tax fraud affords you the ability to drive the premium automobile that you like.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I feel like assuming “tax fuckery” specifically means tax fraud is a bit uncharitable. But IDK poo poo about UK taxes and maybe you do and it is more obvious what sort of fuckery is involved

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t know anything about UK taxes but in the US tax fuckery and write down being in the same sentence is 100% tax fraud.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Writing off the costs of car ownership used for business purposes against your income as an allowable expense is entirely normal you goober. It still costs money to own it, I'm just able to pay a reduced level of tax on those expenses.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 29, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I have donated $75k worth of imaginary t-shirts and socks to imaginary Goodwill over the last decade, which is how I afford to run a "2008 BMW M3" thank YOU very much

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Writing off the costs of car ownership used for business purposes against your income as an allowable expense is entirely normal you goober. It still costs money to own it, I'm just able to pay a reduced level of tax on those expenses.

Your doing it wrong, you should be buying some obnoxious double cab pickup or van under your own business that literally never gets used as a work vehicle. HMRC has exemptions for them still but idk about that but the loving tory boomers on pistonheads were having a moan about them

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Your doing it wrong, you should be buying some obnoxious double cab pickup or van under your own business that literally never gets used as a work vehicle. HMRC has exemptions for them still but idk about that but the loving tory boomers on pistonheads were having a moan about them

I do not miss that place at all. The turbo gammons of Middle England, they should be a protected class.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Mcqueen posted:

Bought an old truck to do some truck things. The front end is dogshit but it came with a rebuild kit.

I love GMT800's. Ride is soft and sloppy, engine gets 14 mpg and its not even fast...but oh man does it bring me back to what trucks were made for. Loading in lumber or shoveling out dirt at hip height rules.

yesssssss

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

Mcqueen posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo you bought my truck, funny seeing you here

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

intheflesh posted:

Did you sell a truck to a random internet person and it turns out they're a goon?

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

Cage posted:

Did you sell a truck to a random internet person and it turns out they're a goon?

That's exactly what happened

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Goons of a feather sharing interior squeaks together

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

intheflesh posted:

Jesus christ haha

Small world

Truck runs OK btw, thanks.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Another goon success story!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

cursedshitbox posted:

Goons of a feather sharing interior squeaks together

Ghosts of goon farts past wafting through the seat cushions.

This is about the funniest outcome that can happen from selling a car.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I mean, my wife's Subaru was from a goon, but it was advertised here, so I knew that going in.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Mcqueen posted:

I hate this truck. Sorry.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
it's for shoveling dirt who gives a poo poo, idiot bitch!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Finance papers for the car came through

oval office

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Theophany posted:

oval office

:lol:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’m not a Nissan guy but I was offered this 06 G35 coupe 6MT at an insane price $300 from a friend who is moving away and can’t take it along.

It’s a one-owner Florida car and everything works other than the steering wheel radio controls, but we might just have to clean and blow them out, maybe play with them for a while to get them working again.

It allegedly had a blown head gasket but once we got it home and off the tow truck, we started digging into it and found no signs of milkshake or even mild oil/coolant mixing.

It’s had new plugs and coils 500 miles ago, a new radiator shortly before that, and regular scheduled maintenance since new. Hasn’t been driven in a year but it was stored indoors.

We took it on a ten-mile test drive and the temp gauge didn’t even hit halfway on a 75° day. I’m cautiously optimistic.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In my area those Infiniti coupes are driven almost exclusively by gangsters or wannabe gangsters, lol. But only in black.

That’s a sweet ride for a steal

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yeah that's hard to turn down at that price. I had one for a bit. I don't remember too much about the engines except the earlier ones don't burn oil like the later ones.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

Yeah that's hard to turn down at that price. I had one for a bit. I don't remember too much about the engines except the earlier ones don't burn oil like the later ones.

Yeah this is the updated “revup” engine which burns some oil but for the price who cares lol. 300hp rwd manual luxury coupe is a hell of a get for an 18 year old.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Christ you could sell one seat for $300. Nice

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Hell I'm more amazed at the condition. There's some around here that are clearly the recipients of excessive mods without direction. That looks very well taken care of!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

TenaciousTomato posted:

Christ you could sell one seat for $300. Nice

The original plan was to part it out since a head gasket job costs 10x the purchase price, and everything else is so nice on it, but now we are cautiously optimistic on keeping it.

Alarbus posted:

Hell I'm more amazed at the condition. There's some around here that are clearly the recipients of excessive mods without direction. That looks very well taken care of!

Yeah it’s got some dings here and there and the mirror caps are faded from living in Florida for 14 years before coming up here, but it’s bone stock and was clearly loved by its single previous owner.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 4, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The engines don't take to mods super well IIRC and the only way to get power was forced induction. Mine only had like 50k on it but the control arm bushings needed replacing. Also I never touched the suspension because lowering it required camber correction which would require adjustable LCAs. Everything single thing was more hassle than it was worth. :v:

Hopefully that one is salvageable.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

The engines don't take to mods super well IIRC and the only way to get power was forced induction. Mine only had like 50k on it but the control arm bushings needed replacing. Also I never touched the suspension because lowering it required camber correction which would require adjustable LCAs. Everything single thing was more hassle than it was worth. :v:

Hopefully that one is salvageable.

The plan is just to keep it stock for daily use. It’s already got the sport suspension and wheels so no need to lower it or anything. Rides well, handles well, brakes well, accelerates well. So far, so good.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

oval office

lmao. enjoy the new ride while you stick your nose up at us non-porsche havers

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Took the GT-R out now that we've had some nice weather here in CT. I forgot how good this thing is and how hard it rips. After 24h in it and getting back into the Civic, it's comical how easy everything is in the Civic.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

cool cars, here's mine

https://i.imgur.com/klWyE6i.mp4

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Took part in a parade in Eureka Springs Arkansas as a favor to an old friend.
The old Cadillac took the 160 mile drive in the dead of night up and down some of the sketchiest roads I've ever driven on in style.

It was covered in bug guts from the drive and staining on the paint from being parked under a tree since November when we had it shipped from Maryland to Arkansas.
Interesting little town.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I’m not a Nissan guy but I was offered this 06 G35 coupe 6MT at an insane price $300 from a friend who is moving away and can’t take it along.

It’s a one-owner Florida car and everything works other than the steering wheel radio controls, but we might just have to clean and blow them out, maybe play with them for a while to get them working again.

You need to go to a drift meet and immediately drift it into a light pole in front of all the 17 year olds there. $300 for this (or any functioning car) is pretty insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Had just about everyone outside at the same time today. The Volvo is barely visible past the Z4 and the RX-8 is in the detached garage.