Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sen. John Fetterman (D-Penn.) ripped into the pro-Palestinian protests roiling college campuses, calling the encampment demonstrations “pup tents” for militant group Hamas.

“Now, of course, it’s a great American value to protest, but I don’t believe living in a pup tent for Hamas is really helpful,” Fetterman said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4627216-fetterman-decries-college-campus-pup-tents-for-hamas/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Mukulu posted:

From GBS

That thread is why the USA deserves another 9/11. Sure, killing hundreds of thousands of people in service of an apartheid state is bad, but it cannot compare to the horrors of TRUMP.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

That thread is why the USA deserves another 9/11. Sure, killing hundreds of thousands of people in service of an apartheid state is bad, but it cannot compare to the horrors of TRUMP.

"How can you withhold your vote from Biden when you didn't vote against Harry S. Truman or any of the Presidents after him who supported Israel" was a pretty wild take.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they dont even deny the genocide its just pure oh well if TRUMP gets in you will get insert made up number of genocides

and of course you cant actually do anything besides support either genocidal rapist

just the worst depraved vile freaks

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Were the two different usernames the same person? Just in two different threads?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

Trump shoveling hundreds of burgers into his mouth as the basketball champions look on hungrily

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mukulu posted:

Were the two different usernames the same person? Just in two different threads?

? did you just discover SYQ?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yes that is the same person with two accounts

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

I have no idea what SYQ is

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

lumpentroll posted:

Thank you

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

"Cutting off trade to Israel could hurt the military-industrial complex! :ohdear:"

"Cutting off trade to Israel could hurt the military-industrial complex! :dance:"

This is a major plank of Joe Biden's campaign. Gunrunning to keep genocides and wars burning across the globe is good for America's economy thanks to the military-indutrial complex. One could call it a war economy.

Biden is sending $61 billion to Ukraine. Much of it will pass through the US economy first.

quote:

President Joe Biden signed the bill Wednesday morning as part of a larger package that will provide additional aid to Israel and the Indo-Pacific as well as possibly ban TikTok in the US next year.

"We're sending Ukraine equipment from our own stockpiles, then we'll replenish those stockpiles with new products made by American companies here in America," the president explained just after signing the bill.

"We are helping Ukraine while at the same time investing in our own industrial base," he added, saying the money will be felt across 40 states.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mukulu posted:

Thank you

lmao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

HallelujahLee posted:

they dont even deny the genocide its just pure oh well if TRUMP gets in you will get insert made up number of genocides

and of course you cant actually do anything besides support either genocidal rapist

just the worst depraved vile freaks

it's like someone puts 2 donuts in front of you. you take a bite out of the 1st one. it's not great, but fine. then you take a bite out of the 2nd one and it has bugs in it. then msnbc tells you not to take another bite out of the 1st one because it has bugs in it.

I'VE ALREADY HAD A BITE OF BOTH DONUTS I KNOW WHICH ONE HAS BUGS IN IT!!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

lumpentroll posted:

i love posting to much to just to have one account

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

it's like someone puts 2 donuts in front of you. you take a bite out of the 1st one. it's not great, but fine. then you take a bite out of the 2nd one and it has bugs in it. then msnbc tells you not to take another bite out of the 1st one because it has bugs in it.

I'VE ALREADY HAD A BITE OF BOTH DONUTS I KNOW WHICH ONE HAS BUGS IN IT!!

bugs i hate bugs

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.
The bug one has free protein dumbass

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Every news page is jerking themselves raw over Colin josts zingers

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
democracy is like eating bugs

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Mukulu posted:

From GBS

huh, that's weird

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mukulu posted:

From GBS

lol don't link the source for syq posts

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

The thought of Trump shoveling hundreds of burgers into his mouth as the basketball champions look on hungrily is pretty funny though.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Hillel was one of only two northwestern u student groups to vote against the NU people's resolution on behalf of palestine. Can you guess the second group?

quote:

Northwestern College Democrats in a statement Saturday afternoon explained its vote in the Associated Student Government Senate on the Northwestern People’s Resolution and gave thoughts on the ongoing encampment on Deering Meadow.

In the 20-2 vote Wednesday on the People’s Resolution, which calls for the University to protect the civil liberties of pro-Palestinian community members and divest from Israeli institutions, NU College Democrats cast one of two votes against signing the resolution.

The statement says the organization believed the language of the resolution “does not achieve its own goals of creating a ‘safe environment for intellectual and political expression.’”

It also explained that — while the organization opposes some actions of the Israeli government’s response to the Oct. 7 attacks, particularly those that have led to civilian suffering and loss of life — it also worries the resolution doesn’t “distinguish between all of Israel and the country’s current leadership.” The organization was also frustrated that the vote was not postponed until after Passover, according to the statement.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/04/27/campus/nu-college-democrats-releases-statement-on-peoples-resolution-encampment/

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Come, sing me a song Stephen Miller.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Willa Rogers posted:

Hillel was one of only two northwestern u student groups to vote against the NU people's resolution on behalf of palestine. Can you guess the second group?

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/04/27/campus/nu-college-democrats-releases-statement-on-peoples-resolution-encampment/

if i'm reading the story correctly, the College Republicans abstained lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Joementum posted:

lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

lmao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Remember how mad they got about Melania's redesign the Rose Garden.

Some froofy formal garden to impress European diplomats that your average lib never cared about in their entire lives and they acted like planting different flowers is an insult to America like she took a dump on the flag.

Even though they'd never be able to tell which was the bad Trumpy Rose Garden if you asked them to pick it out of a lineup of photos of different years.

It was the same with her Christmas display which was an entirely fine Christmas display you’d see in any number of places but for some reason it was the worst Christmas display ever

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

As antisemitism flourishes online, and religion is weaponized and politicized, it’s a “Sonic the Hedgehog” show (?!?!) that lights the prayer candle we need.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/knuckles-is-the-show-jews-need-right-nowseriously

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1784561838048579806

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

19% of 18-34yos actually prefer a bizarre and confused foreign policy that does nothing to stop the carnage while sloppily trying to both uncritically support Israel while also offering cynical lukewarm criticism of Israel that nobody believes a word of

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I guess Biden will have to readjust his stance on Israel to win now.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It was the same with her Christmas display which was an entirely fine Christmas display you’d see in any number of places but for some reason it was the worst Christmas display ever

You're talking about the woman that the libs despised for 1. Being an "illegal immigrant" and 2. Being a "disgraceful whore". Libs believe in nothing but their own material gain and sense of self righteousness, and any cause they "champion" is just PR to be abandoned at the first inconvenience without shame or self reflection.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Out of curiosity I looked up the Rose Garden to see if Biden undid her changes and turns out 1) No, and 2) she repaired years of neglect.

Also the pictures of "omg all the flowers are gone" were disingenuous, there are more roses than before, the pictures were of immature plants right after the renovation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/14/politics/melania-trump-rose-garden/index.html

quote:

However, the necessity of the overhaul was agreed upon by multiple parties, chiefly the White House groundskeepers and then-White House chief usher Timothy Harleth, as well as Trump. Decades of wear and tear and constant replacement of trees, bushes and plantings to maintain a bountiful exterior had done irreversible damage, according to a 200-plus page report commissioned by the Committee for the Preservation of the White House.

Two of the people involved in the redesign said when the Rose Garden renovation began, there were just 11 actual rose bushes -- now there are more than 200.

"There was so much blight and disease and turnover of plantings that what Beschloss and everyone else thinks was the original garden that was 'destroyed' by Melania [Trump], hadn't been the original garden in literally decades," said this person, who worked closely with the National Park Service on the Rose Garden project.

Essentially, as irrigation issues, shade and root growth tangled and killed many of the plants, the National Park Service -- whose workers tend the White House grounds -- would simply dig up the dead stuff and in its place plant vibrant, colorful, often seasonal flowers and bushes and, occasionally, trees. "It was a constant bait and switch," said the source.

The 10 Bunny Mellon-era crabapple trees -- that Beschloss and others have angrily decried were removed in the 2020 renovation -- had actually been replaced multiple times since 1962 -- there was nothing original about them.

"By the early 2000s, they were just huge. Too big for the space," said a White House senior staffer who is familiar with the removal of the trees. They were replaced with smaller ones, at least twice before last year.

In 2019, for the Australia State Dinner that was held outside in the Rose Garden, new crabapple trees were brought in, says this person, adding, "No one was the wiser."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HallelujahLee posted:

bugs i hate bugs

im from buenos aires, and i say kill em all

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

As antisemitism flourishes online, and religion is weaponized and politicized, it’s a “Sonic the Hedgehog” show (?!?!) that lights the prayer candle we need.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/knuckles-is-the-show-jews-need-right-nowseriously

The only minority groups media wants to talk about are white presenting ones.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up the Rose Garden to see if Biden undid her changes and turns out 1) No, and 2) she repaired years of neglect.

Also the pictures of "omg all the flowers are gone" were disingenuous, there are more roses than before, the pictures were of immature plants right after the renovation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/14/politics/melania-trump-rose-garden/index.html

yeah, I'd heard that melania's garden was way more eco-friendly than its predecessors.

lol at noted historian michael bechloss losing his poo poo over this.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://twitter.com/Goodtweet_man/status/1653962298363445250

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

That uniquely Jewish experience of a day of rest

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SgtMongoose posted:

You're talking about the woman that the libs despised for 1. Being an "illegal immigrant" and 2. Being a "disgraceful whore". Libs believe in nothing but their own material gain and sense of self righteousness, and any cause they "champion" is just PR to be abandoned at the first inconvenience without shame or self reflection.

IIRC the biggest flaw of Melania was that the first woman she'd hired to manage her first lady responsibilities was openly embezzling both the trump campaign and the white house budget and Melania doesn't appear to have been able to get her cut of the loot.