Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That sounds awesome! Wish my job was even slightly as cool.

Thank you, I needed that after I gave a tour to highschool seniors last Friday and they were all bored except for three who kept slapping each other in the balls

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I dunno, fossils seem a lot easier to keep track of and more clean and well behaved.

Correct but for the cases that were stored in the old building next to the coal furnace, I'm not complaining though cuz I get to touch them all!

Also I technically organized the cigarette butt I found in a case drawer from a former employee, absolutely labeled it, bagged it and put it back where I found it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hughlander posted:

AITA for letting my husband’s family name die out by insisting our daughter takes mine?

But won’t you think of the long and proud history of the Cocksucka name?

The name is "a very common word for a woman’s breasts that starts with a T."

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Not from Reddit, but got this from a Facebook group:

quote:

So my husband planned a weekend trip for the 2 of us. Everything was perfect up until right before we left. He said he had to talk to me. Yall this man cheated and got another women pregnant. He told me by playing the song: confessions-by usher. He said he thought it would soften the blow by playing the song and taking me on a trip.

I hope he sang along with the song.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mx. posted:

So I guess it's Titz or something? I think in that case it's definitely a good idea to use OP's last name because... yeah I can see that resulting in a lot of harassment over her daughter's life

It might actually be worse than something close to the c word just because I suspect more men will feel okay making jokes about it unfortunately

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 29, 2024

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Mulva

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kimbo305 posted:

I'm curious if countries with healthcare still have ambulance costs passed onto the patient? It's unfortunate the OP didn't feel comfortable calling for the ambulance at the first severe sign. And it could be a shithole country like the US, I suppose.

In Australia you can become what is known as an "Ambulance Subscriber" where you pay $50 a year to the Ambulance service, and after that all Ambulance trips are free. If you are not a subscriber, then an Ambulance can be stupidly expensive. Think $1,000 for a 45 minute trip to the hospital. It gets more expensive in rural areas with less Ambulances, and longer drive times.

My other experience with international Ambulances are: In Japan, I showed my National Health Care Card, and an hour ride down to Tomakomai ended up costing me less than the taxi back home from the hospital.
Also in Korea, I had to take the Ambulance, but this was a very short trip, and again, it was covered by my Health Care Card.
Both were for issues with my knee, where I couldn't even walk across the apartment to the toilet to take a piss without excruciating pain. In both incidents, the Ambos were very accommodating with my poor Japanese/Korean language skills.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
In Canada, I had someone take the ambulance last week.

It's all covered, of course. You don't even get asked for your health card. The hospital has everything on file anyway.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mx. posted:

I can't believe she's disrespecting the storied clan of the Tigolbitties

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

deoju posted:

could've stopped reading there. The husband is an rear end in a top hat. "I like to pull pranks" and "what, you can't take a joke?" are the lies dickheads tell themselves to justify their lovely behavior.

Yup definitely the rear end in a top hat.It's not a prank if both parties aren't laughing at the end, it's just being cruel. And he did it repeatedly for years. He's a piece of poo poo he enjoys tormenting others.

The fact that she doesn't specify what kind of accident he lied about makes me think she is minimizing the it and he said he was killed or hospitalized. gently caress him. And gently caress the OP for enabling him. The sister should do more than uninvite them to the wedding and cut them out of her life completely.

The sister should have sent an extra invitation envelope to her brother with an index card saying only "gently caress you." No glitter. Glitter would require an effort.

Dear Abby: I let boyfriend’s side piece move into my apartment. Shockingly, this backfired

quote:

DEAR ABBY: My boyfriend is 18 years younger than I am. Our relationship hasn’t been perfect, but I love him to death. Unfortunately, I’m going through menopause and have all the side effects. Long story short, he found another girl. It was just supposed to be for sex, and he told me he wouldn’t get into another relationship or marry anyone but me. Well, he fell for her, which I warned him he was going to do.

They are both at my apartment. I’m trying to make him happy by allowing this, but he can be so mean to me, and he’s so nice to her. He tells me how nice she is, etc. I told him it’s because he hasn’t hurt her yet. He won’t have sex with me now. He claims he isn’t favoring her, but he is.

I love him so much, and don’t want to lose him. I’m in so much pain because I can’t please him in every way. I don’t know what to do. Should I allow this and try to make it work, or should I give up since it seems like he has given up on me? -- CAN’T STOP CRYING

quote:

DEAR CAN’T STOP: Let me get this straight. Your much-younger boyfriend and his new girlfriend live in your apartment (rent-free), and he no longer makes love with you. What are you getting out of this charade besides pain?

If I thought it would help, I’d advise you to stick it out and hope his romance will blow over. But I can’t -- because whatever respect and gratitude he felt for you is gone. The pain you are experiencing will end only when you find your self-respect and usher the two lovebirds out the door. For your own sake, please do it soon.

How was this not supposed to backfire!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

trickybiscuits posted:

Dear Abby: I let boyfriend’s side piece move into my apartment. Shockingly, this backfired

How was this not supposed to backfire!

Tuesday so soon??

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I know some some Teetses

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mx. posted:

Tuesday so soon??

does anyone actually think the Tuesday schtick is funny or is it just a ritualistic flagellation

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

yes

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

does anyone actually think the Tuesday schtick is funny or is it just a ritualistic flagellation

Before they started handing out 6ers for reposts the previous threads would have a repost on nearly every other page. The Tuesday joke is loving stupid but the current system encourages people to actually read the thread.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Ritualistic flagellation IS funny and I'm tired of pretending it's not

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

8one6 posted:

Before they started handing out 6ers for reposts the previous threads would have a repost on nearly every other page. The Tuesday joke is loving stupid but the current system encourages people to actually read the thread.

This, I don't mind the joke, but even if I did it'd be a million times better than when reposts were rampant.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

My [30M] wife [29F] lied about struggling for money just to surprise me with something I don't want. How do I move forward with this?

quote:

I married my wife 5 years ago after dating for 4 years. Our relationship started off fantastic although after we married, we argued a bit more. Still doing well overall so I attributed this to being out of honeymoon range.

3 months ago, she told me that her job is temporarily cutting her pay for cost saving measures. I took her words at face value and decided to take on extra shifts to make rent and groceries. However, when I kept asking her when they will restore her full pay, she kept saying she didn't know.

Finally, a couple of days ago, she said she had a surprise and presented me with 2 front row taylor seift tickets in London. I know I'm going to sound selfish but I told her many times that I don't care for taylor swift. What pissed me off is that I had to take extra shifts for nothing even though her pay situation never changed. That was money that could have been towards rent or something we both enjoyed. It would be one thing if she saved money on her own to buy the tickets but me having to do this extra work just for her to get tickets to an artist I don't like pissed me off

She got angry at me and told me that I was being selfish and that she would take her friend if I don't go. As of this moments, she currently is not speaking to me unless I apologized for me being angry.

What do i do to get her to understand why I was mad and how can we move forward?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

hosed up if true

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Mx. posted:

Tuesday so soon??

How the hell did I miss it the first time around? Maybe this will atone for my sin. Long but worth it.

My husband’s ex gf is dying. Her last wish is to be with my husband.

quote:

First of all, I apologize if this is badly written. English is not my first language, so please be kind.

As the title goes, my[30F] husband’s ex girlfriend[33F] was recently diagnosed with late stage breast cancer and her last wish is to be with my husband[35M].

My husband, let’s call him Seb, and his ex Tanya became bestfriends after their break up a couple of years ago due to her infidelity. They were together for 5 years. Needless to say, they remain in contact even before he met me. I would be lying if I say it never made me feel uncomfortable even once. It did and it still does because Tanya is still in love with my husband. She never denied it and in fact would even call or message me when she can’t get ahold of Seb. Aside from cancer, she also has some mental health issues, thus my husband would always tell me to be kind and patient. Seb is no longer in love with her of course. She cheated and Seb swore that he will never get back to her and that he only see her as family.

Two weeks ago, my husband received a call from Tanya to tell him about the sad news. My husband cried with her and told her everything is going to be okay. They were on the phone the whole day. (I’m sorry, I forgot to mention that Seb and I moved to Australia a few months ago because of my job and Tanya is in Canada). They mostly talk via long distance call or whats app. They’ve been in contact almost everyday since we left. Which always bothers me but what can I do?

After that call, my husband told me everything. To be honest, I felt bad for her and I genuinely feel sad. I ask him what’s going to happen now. Seb told me he’s going back to Canada. Which is a shock. He then told me that her last wish is to be with him. I didn’t say anything except “what about me?”. He said if I can’t leave my job, then he’s going to “visit” me whenever he gets the chance. I walked out without saying anything.

I’ve been avoiding my husband since the phone call and have been ignoring him whenever he tries to bring up the conversation. Yesterday, I found out he already bought a ticket and is flying back home in January.

I feel like he’s abandoning me but at the same time I feel that I’m selfish for hating both of them. I’m honestly thinking of getting a divorce because obviously he’s choosing her over me but at the same time, I thought of why my husband is so attached to her. Seb considered Tanya and her family like his own as he doesn’t have one. She’s probably like a sister to him now. But Tanya doesn’t fell the same. She’s madly in love my husband and him granting her wish will surely make her think they still have a chance.

My entire life I’ve been putting others first… I’ve been very patient and understanding about their weird relationship. I feel sick, confuse. I want to call her, yell at her for ruining my marriage, for trying to steal my husband from me. For using her sickness to get what she wants. For being a b. I’m so mad at both of them. What did I do to deserve this?

quote:

Thank you all for your comments and messages. I didn’t expect my post to get this much attention. All I wanted is to get this off my chest so I can focus on work and other things. I’ve been a mess and being in another country with no one, only my husband, is making my situation worse.

While some people think that Tanya might be lying about her condition, unfortunately, she’s not. She was originally diagnosed a couple of years ago and has been on a treatment for it. Only recently she found out it progress and is now refusing further treatment. Sorry I wasn’t too clear about this.. My husband said, she’s giving up. In fact, she wanted to give up a long time ago but her family, including my husband, wanted her to fight. He’s going back to Canada to be her support as per her request.

Seb did suggest that I go back home with him. But my job here in Australia is a dream come true for me and I can’t just abandon it, especially not for her.

I know that divorce is the wise decision here. My husband obviously can’t let go of her and we can’t build a life together if he has a baggage. I love my husband so much to the point that I endure all of these through the years. Thinking of divorce makes me feel like I’m dying and I don’t know if I will ever be ready of letting him go..

I haven’t talk to my husband yet but I think he already knows what’s going to happen. I apologize for everyone who’s asking for an update. As many have guessed, I am not a good communicator which is why the situation got this bad. I am partially to blame for letting this happen to me, to us.

I already contact a lawyer to know the next step. Again, thank you everyone for you comments and messages. It made me feel better. I feel horrible for wanting to stop a dying person’s wish and for being mad with someone who’s helpless but you all are right. I should also think of myself.

[Update] My husband’s ex is dying. Her last wish is to be with my husband.

quote:

First of all, I apologize for those people who’s been messaging me in the past year asking for an update. I was a mess after what happened and couldn’t talk about it even to my family.

I was reminded of this post because someone messaged me on this reddit account today. It’s been over a year and a lot has happened, I think I’m now ready to talk.

Seb did end up flying back to Canada January last year. Before he flew, we talked about the situation and I told him I’ve been in contact with a divorce lawyer. He was surprised. He said he didn’t expect me to leave him just because he needs to be with his ‘family’. I remember at the time all I felt was anger. I was so mad that he’s making it sound like I’m the bad person. Nevertheless, the conversation didn’t end well. He left without any closure but he said he will be back in March.

I was left alone. January to March last year was the darkest days of my life. I knew I did nothing wrong but i ended up blaming myself for everything. I hate to admit but I cancelled the meeting with my lawyer as I started to doubt if I really want to leave him or not. I love him so much to the point that I’m willing to accept him again when he’s back.

During the entire time he was gone, he rarely called to check on me. I had to call him most of the time (I know, I’m dumb). I feel so alone and sad. I begged for his attention, to give me some of his time, to be with me again. All those time he kept telling me that Tanya needs him more.

March I was expecting him to come back so we can talk. But he didn’t come back. He said he needs to stay more and promised me he will be back in May. I don’t know what happened to me when I got that call from him early March to tell me he won’t be flying back to Australia. At the time, I felt like there’s a switch that suddenly turned off because somehow, I stopped caring. When he told me he won’t be back until May, I knew I have to move forward without him.

Fast forward to May, he was back. That day, we sat down to talk. He broke down and said “I can’t lose you too”. When he said that, I thought Tanya was gone. But no, she’s not and as far as I know, she’s still alive to this day. I asked what happened and he told me that Tanya asked him to go back and be with me. He said that Tanya is sorry for everything. Seb didn’t want to leave her especially when he saw how bad she was doing. They had a fight and according to him, Tanya wants him out of her life.

If I was the same dumb person, I would totally accept him back but at that time, all I can think was “he’s only back because Tanya doesn’t want him anymore”. I let him cry. I comforted him and let him stay in my apartment. A week after, I told him I’m divorcing him. At first he refused to leave. It was a long and painful process but on my birthday in July, he finally realized that he couldn’t manipulate me anymore. By August, he was back in Canada.

Divorce is not finalized yet but we have been separated since he left. He tried to contact me several times last year. Tanya also tried to contact me. Everyone including my family tried to convince me to give him second chance. But that day in March when I finally came back to my senses, I knew nothing can make me change my mind.

As of now, I’m doing fine alone by myself. I got promoted last year and moved to a bigger apartment near the beach. I found new friends and recently getting into Pilates. I’ve travelled Australia and New Zealand and met some amazing people. I feel like a completely different person. Last year was the major turning point of my life. Seb still bothers me from time to time but he knows I couldn’t care less anymore. Sometimes I talk to him. I still care but not as much. I’ve been told by our common friends that he’s not doing well. He became alcoholic and couldn’t get a good job because of it. He’s mostly couchsurfing because Tanya doesn’t want him to live with her. Lol. That bitch.

Thank you so much Reddit for taking the time reading this and my post last year. Your advices means a lot to me.

For those people who are in the same situation as me, please know that everything is going to be better. I thought I can’t get through this. There are times I thought of taking my own life. It was hard. But I promise you, it will be better. You’d be surprise how strong you are and how amazing life can be.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mx. posted:

My [30M] wife [29F] lied about struggling for money just to surprise me with something I don't want. How do I move forward with this?

i would be so loving mad if i had to do a bunch of extra work because of a lie like that

first question out of me would be "okay so are you willing to pick up a bunch of extra work for something i'm interested in??"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

I'm curious if countries with healthcare still have ambulance costs passed onto the patient? It's unfortunate the OP didn't feel comfortable calling for the ambulance at the first severe sign. And it could be a shithole country like the US, I suppose.

Kinda. If you call them for a non emergency, they'll bill you, and if the patient refuses to get driven. So pranks and non compliance. It's like 600€ here.

Usually if you get a drive they might send you a "Hey, we exist and helped, mind donating?" Letter

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

trickybiscuits posted:

My husband’s ex gf is dying. Her last wish is to be with my husband.
I didn't even finish reading the title and I said to myself "she isn't even actually sick, is she?".

Nailed it.

e: LOL, a commenter dropped this

quote:

Omg. This is the perfect example of “If you love someone let them go. If they come back, then no one else wanted them either.”

FMguru fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 29, 2024

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

I (24M) am pretty sure my girlfriend (20F) Found out i cheated. How should i approach this?

quote:

I know i was wrong but shes even worse because who tf ghosts someone like this?

:lol:

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

I confronted the person who interpreted us while we were cutting birthday cake at the park.

quote:

I am an adult in my 40s. I don’t get out much because I am a full time caregiver for a relative. Today my husband and I managed a few hours out of the house to celebrate our daughter’s birthday along with a couple of her friends at the local park.

At 1:50 pm found a picnic table under a pavilion that had a sign indicating it was reserved from 3-9pm. We figured we had an hour but knew we didn’t need that long. We would just finish up the Happy Meals they had already started on in the car, cut the cake, eat a quick slice and then head over to splash pad.

At 2:05 we had just sang Happy Birthday and were cutting cake for the 5 of us when a lady walked up and said “excuse me we have this reserved for 3pm and we’ll be decorating at 2:30”. I was a little shocked and in the time it took me to process she walked away. My husband and I exchanged that look that keeps us both out of jail and enjoyed the rest of the cake….with this lady looking on from the sidewalk, sitting on her ice chest.

The kids were done with cake and ready to play by 2:15. I reluctantly grabbed our things while my husband said goodbye to the kids and got ready to leave to care for our relative.

I couldn’t shake it though, so I approached the woman calmly and sweetly and said “ Hi I appreciate you letting me know about your reservation however I did not appreciate the way you approached us while we were in the middle of cutting my daughter’s cake”. I don’t know what I was trying to accomplish with that statement and it didn’t go over well with her. She stated yelling over me about how much she paid for the rental and it didn’t matter that we were cutting the cake. I let her talk and didn’t escalate the conversation because I felt ridiculous arguing with some lady a the park. AITAH? What should I have done?

ETA- the reservation starts at exactly 3. There is no 30 minute window before or after. There are two time slots available for rent each day. If the time slots aren’t taken it is open the public. They are located at a city park.

I was overly nice when I addressed her but my goal was to change her behavior which is ridiculous to expect a stranger to accept graciously. I know I wouldn’t.

I waited till the kids were out of earshot to have the conversation.

I have landed on ESH. She could have been more polite. I should have let it go. It bothered me more than it should have. I am glad it was a small part of our day and everyone seemed to have a great day other than 90 second conversation.

I appreciate all of the input.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Mx. posted:

Not someone who usually bothers calling out fakes but;

quote:

Y'all, this post is fake. It's the domestic and sexual violence troll only about Taylor Swift, probably because they think expanding to a new topic will prevent detection. Again.

OP is a serial fake poster who has been making up fake posts about domestic and sexual violence, child abuse, grooming, and relationships between teenagers and adults for years. Dozens upon dozens of posts. They confessed a few years ago and said they needed mental health help then just continued what they were doing. Do not trust this poster.

They have caused extensive harm to abuse survivors in this sub, whom they have actively exploited. Countless survivors have shared very personal, painful private experiences with them in an effort to help someone who continually makes up events and relationships that never happened.

Not even a funny faker.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Kinda. If you call them for a non emergency, they'll bill you, and if the patient refuses to get driven. So pranks and non compliance. It's like 600€ here.

Usually if you get a drive they might send you a "Hey, we exist and helped, mind donating?" Letter
I love the animation in your av. What's it from?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I love the animation in your av. What's it from?

Hornet from Hollow Knight. She'll get her own game in Silksong any day now lol :shepface:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

FMguru posted:

Mama's boy receives a rude awakening

My pregnant wife is mad and won’t speak to me.

Don't you understand? My mom wants to use your family's cabin this weekend! We can do whatever silly, stupid wife things you want to do some other time.
The "I asked her for the keys so my family can at least go into the cabin" is pretty choice. Next level dense.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

trickybiscuits posted:

The sister should have sent an extra invitation envelope to her brother with an index card saying only "gently caress you." No glitter. Glitter would require an effort.

I would suggest that this was a perfect opportunity to deploy a glitter bomb. Some effort on OP's part, never-ending tears on her brother's part.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

Did he play both Parts 1 and 2 back to back? Or just skip straight to Part 2?

I assume he didn’t also play the Weird Al joke version Part 3, but at that point, I’d almost respect the commitment to the bit.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Fatty posted:

Not someone who usually bothers calling out fakes but;

Not even a funny faker.

Ugh, loving redditors

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

wilderthanmild posted:

Maybe the next song in the playlist was Yeah! to get the mood back on the rails for the trip.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

kakotheres posted:

Also I technically organized the cigarette butt I found in a case drawer from a former employee, absolutely labeled it, bagged it and put it back where I found it
I love cataloging weird things. A while back I worked at a historic site with multiple buildings, and one January when a building was damaged it revealed a shoe from the time it was built (leaving a shoe in a new building for luck was common). The site catalogued the shoe with the catalog number 2006.01.01- the first item catalogued in the year. I don't think it was a joke. It was just funny.

(Technically, it should have been [year the building was donated to the site].[number of items associated with the building].01.)

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

Hughlander posted:

AITA for letting my husband’s family name die out by insisting our daughter takes mine?

But won’t you think of the long and proud history of the Cocksucka name?

my friend's maiden name was Pusey, I wonder if it's that [e: the thread had more posts and I didn't realise...]

Computer Jones fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 29, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cythereal posted:

A friend (24M) of mine (23M) apparently lied and told someone we slept together. Now everyone is congratulating me for coming out of the closet, and they think I am just lying because I am ashamed when I tell them I am not gay. The guy who lied refuses to tell the truth.

Going theory is that the guy lied about them having sex to cover for the doing cocaine thing.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Mx. posted:

E. Buzz Millerishly: Titian

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shes so focused on the "Tit" part of his family name Titanophallus thats shes missing the forest for the trees really

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Hughlander posted:

It's gotta be Fuchs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I'm betting on Micucci