Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

John Jacob Jingeleheimer-Schmidt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

priznat posted:

I don’t know who that is

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

priznat posted:

Why do all those child stars have 3 names?!?

Could be a hollywood guild thing, they don't allow repeat names. That's how you get Michael J. Fox and David X. Cohen.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

TIP posted:

ok if it's not noteworthy find one other movie that starts with a full 2 minutes of production logos

to do this i would have to find the experience noteworthy, which i explicitly do not

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Durf posted:

Yeah and Jackman goes to insane lengths to beat an obvious and simple trick, only to recreate the disappearing bird act seen at the very beginning of the film (ie the illusion of magic via a pile of dead bodies).

The sci-fi aspect may be impossible but it riffs off the imagined possibilities of invention at a time when science was changing the world. And, y'know, Bowie as Tesla. C'mon.

Stylistically and thematically I think it's one of Nolan's stronger films, along with Memento and Inception.

The whole thing really is an exploration of how suspension of disbelief works in storytelling. The dissonance we feel at that reveal is arguably the whole point.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

the cerveza cristal poo poo was funny and i wasnt tired of it and everyone who complained hates fun
all I said was "think I'm done with cervesa cristal tbh" I didn't know it was going to be le fin absolue du cristalposting

if I knew that was the golden bullet for annihilating something from this thread I would have used it on star wars or falsely claiming that Meet the Applegates is not a real movie

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
or like tried to use reverse overly-literal genie logic and forced you guys to post about pluto and lovely horror movies with me

"think I'm done with not posting about astro boy and children of the corn 2 tbh"

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

TIP posted:

you've probably seen him in multiple movies but the only memorable thing about him is that he's married to a nearly 60 year old woman

that's refreshing tbh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hope it's more faithful to the novel, and they do the end where the hero heroically does 9/11

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

Gripweed posted:

I hope it's more faithful to the novel, and they do the end where the hero heroically does 9/11

Pay It Forward: A little kid gets stabbed and then heroically does 9/11

Lost In Translation: Bill Murray whispers something to the woman he loves and then heroically does 9/11

Forrest Gump: Forrest buries Jenny next to his momma and then heroically does 9/11

SeenYourPoopypants fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 29, 2024

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Forrest Gump not being taught how to land the plane would be very in character.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

TIP posted:

you've probably seen him in multiple movies but the only memorable thing about him is that he's married to a nearly 60 year old woman

*married the director of a movie he starred-in after they met on set and started dating when he was 18

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Look I know we all had that sex dream about the mummy, but most of us know enough to not actually pursue such a forbidden taboo!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I’ve never heard that term before either, are they when both parents hyphenate the name for the kids? Often the child actors just have their middle name in there instead, dunno if that is different.

Child actors and assassins.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Child actors and assassins.

: the john hinkley jr story

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yesterday I watched a movie that I'm pretty sure is from an alternate reality.

Light of Day.

1987. Michael J Fox, Joan Jett, Micheal McKean, and a small part by Michael Rooker.

Written AND Directed by Paul Schrader and featuring a corny rear end song written by Bruce Springsteen.

It's such a weird movie for him to make, like it was totally outside of what he normally does. Michael J Fox (still on Family Ties and fresh out of BTTF) was trying to show his serious side, so he smokes, drinks, curses, and sports an amazing hairdo. I love Joan Jett but she is not a great actress and really whiffs on the dramatic moments in the film. All of the songs in the movie are kinda bad, which sucks when the movie is about musicians.

It does get a couple of stars for some scenes shot in real honest to god smoke filled dirty video arcades.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQG-a7d41Q

Time for Mufasa: The Lion King: A Star Wars Story.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQG-a7d41Q

Time for Mufasa: The Lion King: A Star Wars Story.

Oh boy a Lion King prequel with songs by Lin-manuel Miranda. Will the animals emote with their faces this time around?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like poofasa

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

At least there’s no way it’ll be as bad as the 2019 lion king. At least a mufasa prequel isn’t a shot for shot remake of a classic by someone who didn’t understand the original

Edit: gently caress there’s a fight scene with tomone and pumba, I’m done. I can’t even muster the strength to clown on it.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 29, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
your hakuna fist is no match for my mattata style

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I don't understand who actually likes these movies and goes to them. They're flat and boring. They suck without even needing to compare them to the original animated versions.

I'm not fan of stuff like what Illumination does, but I get it. It's cartoony, funny stuff can happen, and at least those movies have some sort of unique visual style. I can see why kids like them and they make money.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Nobody actually likes the remakes, but they do well based on the title they’re borrowing from an old movie people actually liked and from insecure people who feel like they can’t admit they like a CARTOON

It’s why Disney was so insistent that the fully computer animated lion king should be referred to as “live action”

Edit: lol Snow White. Delayed due to assuming everyone would be offended by dwarves and then when everyone was more offended by lack of dwarves took an extra year to cgi in scary monster dwarves. Snow White I’m looking the most forward to in a train wreck sense

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 29, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

ok if they manage to execute on this, i'm on board

oh it says 'cats'. drat.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's pretty wild there was a time when Michael J Fox was a blockbuster superstar.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Is Glen Powell AI generated? He never looks like a real person to me.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is Robin Hood going to be a live action (or "live action" meaning a more photorealistic cgi version but still with all the characters being animals) remake of the cartoon one?

mystes fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 29, 2024

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

mystes posted:

Is Robin Hood going to be a live action (or "live action" meaning a more photorealistic cgi version but still with all the characters being animals) remake of the cartoon one?

they just round up a bunch of people from a furry convention

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i like to think some disney exec was just haphazardly buying up 3d animation studios one day and accidentally acquired one that specializes in photo-realism and the lion king just happened to be at the top of a list somewhere.

mystes
May 31, 2006

It would be really funny if they did robin hood with extremely realistic non-anthropomorphic animals with no facial expressions

It would also be pretty funny if they did it as a real live action movie (if you're going to make a live action robin hood movie why would you make it by adapting the cartoon version where all the characters are animals?)

I guess they could remake it with an animation style similar to Zootopia which would be pointless but at least theoretically work, but I don't think that that's the sort of thing Disney is interested in doing

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

mystes posted:

It would be really funny if they did robin hood with extremely realistic non-anthropomorphic animals with no facial expressions

I want to see a studio spend 900 million dollars to recreate some $300 budget 1930s western made by dressing dogs up in costumes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i dunno sounds like that would be pretty ruff

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

bitterandtwisted posted:

they just round up a bunch of people from a furry convention

Unironically would be better than whatever they’re likely cooking up (making GBS threads out)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

If Disney wants the bigbux go the 2019 Cats route. Fursuits where 90% of characters are nude. James Corden as Nude Friar Tuck. Judi Dench as that chicken lady. Also nude.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

they should remake they old video of a chimpanzee washing a cat

edit: show me this in 8k imax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkviIYKjPyw

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

they should remake they old video of a chimpanzee loving a frog

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't understand who actually likes these movies and goes to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYG3unYlI9w

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

What the hell, Questlove is scheduled to direct the Aristocats remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

mystes posted:

I guess they could remake it with an animation style similar to Zootopia which would be pointless but at least theoretically work, but I don't think that that's the sort of thing Disney is interested in doing

What they should actually do, in keeping with the original, is re-use the same models from Zootopia for all the characters but slap different textures on them.