Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Savant art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

which sonic vote biden

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

remember when joe biden threaten that jews aren't safe in america

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

Has anyone ever been at a large college protest before? Movements like this can never articulate their end goals and are NEVER happy. Biden shouldn't say one drat thing about them.

The fact that the left and this board are perpetuating the outage of the moment is embarrassing. The right is focusing on this on purpose. They want this kind of discussion. They have ZERO policy proposals and are resorting to dangling their keys in the next room to distract and peel apart the Democratic coalition. No one should be surprised that the media is playing along but this board and the youth vote should be smarter.

The Republicans have literally succeeded in framing the protests as against Biden and yet another culture war thing. Local overreaction by police should be a local outage, many people are allowing the right to make it an outage against Biden.

The SYQed poster used to post in the previous incarnation of the Ukraine/Russia thread here in cspam. Just FYI, if that's of any interest to any mods.:getin:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

joe biden say wah wah wah my son is dead 😢 and 😭😢 and 😭😢 and 😭😢 and 😭😢 and 😭 then say jews better go to israel because they ain't safe in country, america, which he president of

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'You don't even know what you want' has always been liberal projection hasn't it

I wouldn't say it's exclusively their domain.
"Young people are stupid and need to be treated like unruly toddlers and that is why we should never listen to them" is definitely a page from the right wing and the center playbooks.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

What in the gently caress is going on with this Sonic the Hedgehog media?!

knuckles politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBn0nS8s0A

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'You don't even know what you want' has always been liberal projection hasn't it

They only see vote and elections, so when you say "Do policy" they counter "But Republicans"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

He's right.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

12. Satisfied

Angelica: Chorus:
A toast to the groom (To the groom x3)
To the bride (To the Bride x3)
From your sister (Angelica x3)
Is always by your side (By your side x2)
To your union (To the union) (to the revolution)
And the hope that you provide (Provide, you provide)
May you always (Always)
Be satisfied (Rewind)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I just don't think there's enough Hamilton.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Nichael posted:

joe biden say wah wah wah my son is dead 😢 and 😭😢 and 😭😢 and 😭😢 and 😭😢 and 😭 then say jews better go to israel because they ain't safe in country, america, which he president of

yup

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

SgtMongoose posted:

Love how this moron purposely confuses the timeline of the Nazi's rise in the Reichstag to make it look like Hindenburg put up significant resistance before regrettably bowing to the inevitable. And the implied "we need to destroy democracy to save democracy" theme.
Using the threat of fascism to impose your own less democratic form of government, I bet he felt smart writing it. I am more surprised the more openly "DEMOCRACY WOULD BE SAFER WITH A KING" people haven't shown up yet but i guess in America they went straight to fascism.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael posted:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Knuckles is culturally black

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

12. Satisfied

May you always (Always)
Be satisfied (Rewind)

this song is good

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Satisfied is a banger sorry thread I know Hamilton is Succ incarnate but it has some good poo poo it in

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

What's incredible about 'Hamilton,' and the reason you can't get a ticket, is because everyone's responding to it. Everyone is seeing a bit of themselves in it.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Some Guy TT posted:

obama inadvertently destroying the rose garden because he valued its superficial image over reenforcing its foundations is a bit on the nose

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

watch the entire thing

Lol at "I just wanted an honest conversation" after claiming she felt threatened by people literally not doing anything to her or saying anything other than "no thanks"

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1784763443108618491

Nate Bronze posting this on the same day that CNN released a poll showing 80% of 18-34 year olds hate what Biden is doing to Palestine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lol at Nate Silver giving in to vibes-based forecasting after very publicly coming out against it

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

KomradeX posted:

I guess some people are starting to learn the faults pointed out in If We Burn

You can certainly see the students working very had to avoid the traps that doomed Occupy and BLM

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PoundSand posted:

Literally every major movement I've seen in my lifetime has everyone coalesce around the idea of "they have no core message" even though there's very obvious ones pull from it. Stuff like OWS and BLM had very clear core messages it shouldn't take a journalist to uncover, and yet these journalists couldn't identify simple stuff like "get money out of politics" or "stop giving police money to suppress people", I'm sure despite the world's simplest call to action "stop supporting genocide" they'll go back to the same well with "hmm we can't figure out what they want I guess they just want to look rebellious for social media".

They are paid very good money to be stupid and not see what's clearly in front of their faces. That's why they're well known names on major networks. But that said, these college students seem to have learned hard lessons from OWS and even BLM. It was very smart not to let idiot reporters go in there to mischaracterize their messaging.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

idiot reporters

that's too much praise for "empire propagandists"

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Nichael posted:

which sonic is the pervert

https://youtu.be/p3kzb96vjC0?si=ZtjOebpHNX0L6VYT

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nichael posted:

which sonic is the pervert

Sonichu?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Ytlaya posted:

its the greatest story ever told.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I thought knuckles was a villain, is that wrong? I can’t say I’ve engaged with any hedgehog media products beyond internet exposure so I could be wrong. Get serious villian vibes from the guy, tho

hes vegeta/vergil to sonics goku/dante.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

VoicesCanBe posted:

Nate Bronze posting this on the same day that CNN released a poll showing 80% of 18-34 year olds hate what Biden is doing to Palestine

To be fair a large portion of that "disapprove" cohort is "why hasn't Gaza been turned to glass by nuclear weapons yet?" voters

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

remember when joe biden threaten that jews aren't safe in america

Ytlaya posted:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

12. Satisfied

May you always (Always)
Be satisfied (Rewind)

The family continued to chant "Speech, speech, speech..." for no one in particular.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

VoicesCanBe posted:

Nate Silvers middle initial is R lol

Nate R Silver

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Malleum posted:

ТРЫМП! *click*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

the trump thread has like 3 actual russiagate believers amongst other insane poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/oLwQJ9X.mp4

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah I remember realizing something was up with the American media during OWS. When I, an idiot fresh out of college, could easily see what the protests were about, but the media were like "gee, what do they want, we just don't know, so we wandered around until we found someone dressed like a crazy person ranting about mind control rays, wow this guy is nuts, therefore the system is fine and anyone who protests is obviously insane."

And yeah yeah I know the Iraq War, but even that was less one-sided.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Won't someone please think of the moderates! :qqsay:

President Biden’s reelection campaign faces the difficult task of appealing to moderate Republicans who may feel like they don’t have a place to go this election with former President Trump on the ballot.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4624914-joe-biden-nikki-haley-moderates/

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Rainier Salad Czar said he was going to read Capital and make a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Malleum posted:

ТРЫМП! *click*

doidld tyatsmr