Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Splorange posted:

There's already a central defense concept, guess what it's called?

Defence 2030: A Plan for Central Defence And Control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1784828128881209597

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Splorange posted:

There's already a central defense concept, guess what it's called?

Generalplan Ost

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

No!

Its creator sadly died when writing it. It was used against the Germans.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
ah yes, Central Defence Plan Aaargh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

ah yes, Central Defence Plan Aaargh

We are going to centralize our defence

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cheers for the ballpark coordinates of your amassed forces on the ground, Ukraine will give you its response shortly...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://x.com/KyivIndependent/status/1784497899981639747

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Article summarizing recent developments on the battlefield and what to expect in 2024 and 2025

Abstract

quote:

Following the capture of Avdiivka, a new phase has unfolded in the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine. The Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) now find themselves defending under constant glide bomb airstrikes and grappling with shortages of both artillery ammunition and personnel. Despite Russian troops' recent territorial gains, the cost of these advances in equipment and manpower has left the Kremlin’s forces struggling to translate tactical victories into operational breakthroughs. Experts predict that the AFU will likely remain on the defensive for the majority of 2024, while Russia faces challenges in mustering the resources it would need for a decisive shift in its favor. In this context, both sides are expected to intensify strikes on crucial targets in each other's rear, aiming to destabilize their opponent's economic and political foundations.

Warning from Russian serviceman to others that consider earning money in Ukraine

quote:

A frank explanation by a Russian serviceman on whether it is worth going to Ukraine to earn money. I recommend watching it in full. He says that only fools would entertain such an idea, as any sense of patriotism fades rapidly once you realise that you want to live.

Finally, some among them are starting to grasp that the financial incentives, while significant by Russian measures, aren't worth risking a harrowing death from kamikaze drones or mortar attacks.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1784860717159477315

And finally, Kadyrov made his 16-year old son (the one that was filmed beating a prisoner) curator of "Russian Spetsnaz University"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Jesus Christ

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Lol, their own porcine little kyle rittenhouse. 4chan's /k/ board embodied.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

They were apparently two (ex) soldiers on rehab from injuries. Pretty young too. This one is a huge bummer.

I remember running into a "stop delivering weapons so we can have peace!!!" sort of demonstration here in Germany last year. Disgusting. Seemed to be from so called left wing parties too. The left really showed their whole rear end since the start of the invasion. (Right wing parties too of course but I wouldn't have expected more from them...)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Markovnikov posted:

Seemed to be from so called left wing parties too.

What about the literal Russians that didn't speak German who were acting as agitators?

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What about the literal Russians that didn't speak German who were acting as agitators?

I don't know what this post is trying to say, but Germany doesn't need many street level agent provocateurs hese days. There's enough home grown, grass fed whackos to go around.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Markovnikov posted:

They were apparently two (ex) soldiers on rehab from injuries. Pretty young too. This one is a huge bummer.

I remember running into a "stop delivering weapons so we can have peace!!!" sort of demonstration here in Germany last year. Disgusting. Seemed to be from so called left wing parties too. The left really showed their whole rear end since the start of the invasion. (Right wing parties too of course but I wouldn't have expected more from them...)

Germany doesn't have multiple left-wing parties of relevance. Die Linke has some absolute brainlets, but the Nazbols have split off and founded their own party spouting straight GOP propaganda. Trying to think of another left-wing party is genuinely difficult. Maybe you could count the MLPD, which is a joke.

If you call the Greens left-wing I'm gonna throw hands. (They wouldn't be caught dead at such a protest anyway)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1784918392249405774
Happy trails, vatniks

e: brand new cope dropped
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1784901119954633059

quote:

According to a Russian blogger in contact with military personnel, losses among Russian forces from different types of drones amount to half of all losses experienced on the front. Both FPV and drone bombers present significant challenges. However, countering these drones proves exceedingly difficult due to the rigid nature of the Russian production system.

On the contrary, Ukrainian production, distributed among numerous small-scale producers, including numerous volunteers, demonstrates effectiveness in the conditions of limited supplies from partner nations.

zone fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 29, 2024

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I'm glad Stoltenberg continued as NATO secretary instead of becoming the head of the Norwegian central bank

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/UkrReview/status/1784917263088234846
Oh, let me look for my small violin to show how much I care.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ukraine should also hit the Russian electricity grid. Because gently caress them double.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Burns posted:

Ukraine should also hit the Russian electricity grid. Because gently caress them double.

They've in the last few months started going after substations.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Burns posted:

They should hit the pump stations that keep water out of the St. Petersburg metro lines. See how the city likes gridlocks and traffic jams brought to you by your favorite tsar and his hobby of invading neighboring countries.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
they should bring that big loving bridge down on may 9th

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

They should upper decker all the toilets in Russia

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Cthulu Carl posted:

That wouldn't take long, to be fair.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

"The Kremlin reeks of poo poo more than usual today, strange."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Burns posted:

They need to crank up the deaths of Russians on the battlefield. Im not sure how to do that besides dropping bigger rear end bombs on them.

Larger and more enticing doorbell deployments would be a good start I imagine.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Well looks like the Russians have achieved a breakthrough at Ocheretyne. Congratulations to Mike Johnson for delivering to Putin.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/blyskavka_ua/status/1784965810760417758
Imagine our shock.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

zone posted:

They've in the last few months started going after substations.
Going specifically after railway feeder stations near Ukraine would make most sense. The diesel pinch caused by refinery attacks hasn’t directly affected Russian railway logistics, because the trains run on electric traction.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This is pure cope but is it not likely that on cracking the frontlines the Russians wildly overextended themselves, outrange their logistics and artillery blanket, and lose coherence without the now familiar structure of blocking units and infinite minefields? Exactly as they did two years ago?

Burns
May 10, 2008

It looks to me just by glancing on the DeepState map that the Russians are aiming for the highway about 10 km further north. That would sever logistics towards the frontline at Toretsk. I think they may be gping for an envrlopment of the entire eastern region instead of trying to take those defences head on. This could be disasterous for Ukraine.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Burns posted:

Well looks like the Russians have achieved a breakthrough at Ocheretyne. Congratulations to Mike Johnson for delivering to Putin.

gently caress the Russo-Publican Party!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i just dont how we can be in a war against russia for so long and republicans just don't care don't even try to pretend we can win our wars or act like we even want to

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Khanstant posted:

i just dont how we can be in a war against russia for so long and republicans just don't care don't even try to pretend we can win our wars or act like we even want to

Why would they want to hand Biden a foreign policy win in Ukraine? It's probably better for them if Ukraine loses so they can blame Biden.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:byetankie:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

Considering the number of outhouses, that's a lot of poo poo on a lot of roofs

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Mistle posted:

Considering the number of outhouses, that's a lot of poo poo on a lot of roofs

Someone poo poo on my roof

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

So many air defense losses. How long until Russia is simply out of s-300/s-400 systems? I know this is pure fantasy , but I really want it to come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Commodore_64 posted:

So many air defense losses. How long until Russia is simply out of s-300/s-400 systems? I know this is pure fantasy , but I really want it to come true.

You're going to wait for a long time. They had something around 3,000-3,500 launchers of varying types on paper before the war started.