Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

The Alchemist posted:

Nobody is making you eat the poo poo lady, you are doing it yourself

edit: I have no idea who she is, but Im 100% sure shes one of those alt right gloat goats that use bully techniques to get forced sound bites out of leftists like asking total nonsequetor questions and then edit the person answering look like a dummy. And now they didnt get that chance so their brain goes to toddler mode and just tear apart

https://twitter.com/montanatucker

You can look at her pinned tweet and solve the mystery near instantly, it's amazing.

Edit: Any tweet except for the one where she complained about getting frozen out by the protestors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

The Alchemist posted:

Nobody is making you eat the poo poo lady, you are doing it yourself

edit: I have no idea who she is, but Im 100% sure shes one of those alt right gloat goats that use bully techniques to get forced sound bites out of leftists like asking total nonsequetor questions and then edit the person answering look like a dummy. And now they didnt get that chance so their brain goes to toddler mode and just tear apart

Per the comments on the thread she’s appeared on Fox News and spoken at events with that Shai David guy, you (and everyone at the protest) called it perfectly.

Two ppl arrested at the Pittsburgh protest last night, putting out feelers to see what happened/what we can do atm

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
to the surprise of no one the president of columbia wont comply with students demands

===

‎Columbia University President: We will not withdraw Israeli investments‎
‎A letter sent by the President of Columbia University to the protesting students stated:‎

‎"We urge the protesters to disperse their sit-in, and we are looking for quick solutions to the crisis," she said.‎

‎Protests can continue by submitting a request with two days' notice at approved locations.‎
‎The past seven months have shown divisions at our university over the war in Gaza.‎
‎We have no intention of suppressing expression or the right to peaceful protest.‎
‎The camp created an unwelcoming environment for many of our Jewish students and faculty.‎
‎We have to take into account the rights of all members of our society.‎
‎We provided a space to protest peacefully and without disrupting academic life.‎
‎We sought to facilitate the participation of our students and faculty in constructive dialogue.‎
‎Negotiations with student protesters to end their sit-in on campus fail.‎
‎We urge the protesters to disperse their sit-in and look for quick solutions to the crisis.‎

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hmmm I wonder why this egyptian college president hates palestine so much

Wikipedia posted:

Her father was a scientist and wealthy landowner.[8][9] As a child, she went to Schutz American School. When she was four, the Egyptian government nationalized (brought into public ownership) her father's property[10] and the family moved to Savannah, Georgia in the mid-1960s, then to Miami and Raleigh, North Carolina.[11]

Oooooooohhh she's a gusaaannoooo

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Chucat posted:

https://twitter.com/montanatucker

You can look at her pinned tweet and solve the mystery near instantly, it's amazing.

Edit: Any tweet except for the one where she complained about getting frozen out by the protestors

https://twitter.com/montanatucker/status/1780014795695251781

this one is the funniest

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Mao seems more relevant every single day these days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

shes also IMF freak, a true believer in empire and someone who will gladly use state violence for whatever their desired outcome. Piecd of poo poo through and through

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

how do you somehow make yourself a million times uglier after putting on fifty layers of makeup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

lmao Nasser ftw

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

One of that losers few W’s.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel supporter at northwestern is calling the cops claiming that protestors have trapped her despite her being completely free with nothing happening and one around her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uw3LgLIXJ4

these hostage situations are getting out of control

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

brobat posted:

https://twitter.com/montanatucker/status/1784605592977633582
good tactics, do not let poo poo disturbers in. also haha

lmao she started crying lol

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

spacemang_spliff posted:

the root of “pathetic” is pathos

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

spacemang_spliff posted:

Learning about the weaponization of "white women's tears" (as a white womanish person) was so eye-opening and changed a lot about how I view myself and the system... and now every time it happens I bust out laughing. Thanks, anti colonialism.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Strep Vote posted:

(as a white womanish person)

Oh?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Al-Saqr posted:

She's also an IMF stooge.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

bring them HOME

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel supporter at northwestern is calling the cops claiming that protestors have trapped her despite her being completely free with nothing happening and one around her.

Imagine doing something like this and thinking you are the good guys.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

bring them HOME

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I dont recall the left ever going to a rightwing or pro-israel protest or w/e, then just hang around untouched and calling the cops trying to play the victim. Why? Maybe because its a dumbass tactic, and because the left is actually the oppressed part of the population, they couldnt weaponize the police like that

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Al-Saqr posted:

lmao

zionists lie

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

she thinks a blonde girl crying is enough to be taken seriously

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/jbenmenachem/status/1784949311823852031

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

hadji murad posted:

she thinks a blonde girl crying is enough to be taken seriously

Probably has gotten she all the way to where she is now* so why wouldnt she think that.

*these people tend to get paid surprising amounts of money for just mudding the waters on certain issues. The right keeps talking about Soros funding protesters etc. because thats exactly what is happening in the other side

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

drat wow american democracy and freedom of speech on campus is so wonderful!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

there is literally nothing that american universities can provide that is substantially different than any other university around the world anymore, the only thing that was romanticized about american universities (the freedom of thought) is dead and buried.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

Learning about the weaponization of "white women's tears" (as a white womanish person) was so eye-opening and changed a lot about how I view myself and the system... and now every time it happens I bust out laughing. Thanks, anti colonialism.

the american people. are tired. of women.

*massive cheers erupts from crowd*

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
its amazing how fear of the big donors is so strong that at every turn these idiots make the worst possible decision just to ensure the donors know of their priorities.

Emory's day one protest had like 50 people from the videos, and then the university president can't help but be absolute psychos and suddenly they have 1000 people on campus and professors being arrested.

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019
you’re gonna deprive your fellow classmates of the opportunity to wear a flat hat? all over a little mass slaughter of innocents??

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Graduation ceremonies are dumb and lol that anyone considers them important.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
This is the third hit if you search 'columbia university' on youtube right now. Prepare to cringe hard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfccVBo9tE

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Pink Mist posted:

Graduation ceremonies are dumb and lol that anyone considers them important.

my graduation ceremony was p important

i beat wario ware on my gba

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The Alchemist posted:

Mao seems more relevant every single day these days

Allowing the compradors to leave with their stuff they stole has always been a mistake

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Fuckt Tupp posted:

my graduation ceremony was p important

i beat wario ware on my gba

I didn't attend. I went home after exams, relaxed with my family, and got the diploma in the mail a week later, which seems like a better experience than waiting 4 hours for everyone else's name to be called. Seriously do not understand what ~tradition~ needs to be protected.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Isentropy posted:

Allowing the compradors to leave with their stuff they stole has always been a mistake

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

lol @ goons being too anxious and isolated to go to their own graduation

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
U PUNK KIDS DONT UNDERSTAND THAT LIVING IN THE MODERN WORLD REQUIRES SACRIFICE!

"ok, we sacrifice our graduation and possibly our freedom to stop genocide"

NO NOT LIKE THAT!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

joepinetree posted:

its amazing how fear of the big donors is so strong that at every turn these idiots make the worst possible decision just to ensure the donors know of their priorities.

Emory's day one protest had like 50 people from the videos, and then the university president can't help but be absolute psychos and suddenly they have 1000 people on campus and professors being arrested.

those donors are the actual reason for most of these big universities. teaching undergrads is the least of their concerns and is something theyd rather be rid of anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

joepinetree posted:

yeah, a friend of mine is faculty there and was just going about his day normally. then they send in cops to beat the poo poo out of students, arrest the chair of the philosophy department for just standing there, and then the president puts out a letter saying everybody involved was an outside agitator. now there's basically a full-scale faculty walkout today.