Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
musk is the ultimate 'i'll make the wiki' guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Just certain ones that relate to Tesla. It's part of a settlement with the SEC over the tweet in which he said he had "funding secured" to take Tesls private when he didn't. Basically just means Tesla has to approve that kind of tweet to ensure it's accurate. Or at least that's my understanding.

What about him saying 100% to various people he follows or yup. Is that why he does it? Are they really just alts?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
do car wraps have adhesive ? would be some nice low grade lols if the glue also corroded the fallout ready steel plates, or the wraps introduced new stress vectors

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

R.L. Stine posted:

musk is the ultimate 'i'll make the wiki' guy

You have to let him because he’s partially funding the project, only to find he wrote himself into the wiki as the founder. In a legally binding way.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

What about him saying 100% to various people he follows or yup. Is that why he does it? Are they really just alts?

The secret trick that the SEC hates.

If the alt says it, then it's not illegal. Also cops have to tell you they're cops when you ask.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Krispy Wafer posted:

If the alt says it, then it's not illegal. Also cops have to tell you they're cops when you ask.

Sounds like the exact logic Elon would use to convince himself he knows more than his lawyer.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

lol like Trump quoting Jesse Waters in order to avoid the gag ruling

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Krispy Wafer posted:

The secret is telling them you’re going to get around to it, then just not. Eventually he might pay a fine.

quote:

On February 10th, a federal judge ordered Musk to cooperate in the SEC’s investigation, asserting that if a date and location for the interview couldn’t be agreed upon between the parties within a week then the decision would be made for them. That testimony has yet to take place, with the SEC now accusing Musk of using “gamesmanship” to hinder its investigation.

The Commission claims that following its attempt in April 2023 to schedule Musk’s final session of testimony, he “has done everything he can to delay the completion of this matter. Musk now complains that this investigation has been pending for too long, but it was Musk’s delay tactics that have turned one year into almost two.”

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Don't mess with...?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I don't know which is dumber, investors thinking FSD is going to be the thing that puts Tesla a generation ahead of its competitors, or investors getting giddy about being allowed into the Chinese market where American companies inevitably have to bail after the Chinese government massively favors local competitors.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Don't mess with...?

Texla

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

stole it after only 2 minutes :lol:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

OneEightHundred posted:

I don't know which is dumber, investors thinking FSD is going to be the thing that puts Tesla a generation ahead of its competitors, or investors getting giddy about being allowed into the Chinese market where American companies inevitably have to bail after the Chinese government massively favors local competitors.

I’d take it 4 years ago, but in 2024 when all major car manufacturers and even freakin Apple gave up on FSD? It’s crypto levels of delusion here, love it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its a good thing DogCoin doesnt even water mark it so musk doesnt have to ask Enrique to download and wash all the ID stuff.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

how can i become a meme contractor

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Doge designer really believes being ripped off by Musk is some kind of honor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

shyduck posted:

how can i become a meme contractor

I need you in my office at 8AM sharp, bring hard copies of your top ten teabagging dog meme commits

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Why doesnt Elon just hire doge brownnoser to be his official meme lord for the low price of free.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Doge designer really believes being ripped off by Musk is some kind of honor

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/cb_doge/status/1784942737940480081

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

If you've ever driven in China you'd know that hitting people is kinda the baseline so FSD will fit in fine.

When I lived there I described myself as lucky because I was only hit by one car going the wrong way in the bike lane.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah tentative regulatory approval in China of a scam product seems worth a few hundred million

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I need you in my office at 8AM sharp, bring hard copies of your top ten teabagging dog meme commits

8AM? Are you seriuous???

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

poisonpill posted:

Yeah tentative regulatory approval in China of a scam product seems worth a few hundred million

China is a scam nation, so it fits

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I’d take it 4 years ago, but in 2024 when all major car manufacturers and even freakin Apple gave up on FSD? It’s crypto levels of delusion here, love it
I wouldn't have taken it even then. It's going to face heavy regulatory hurdles until it is substantially safer than human drivers, which probably isn't doable without major changes to infrastructure, and especially when Tesla refuses to put better sensors on their vehicles.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Willatron posted:

If they put a bunch of autonomous taxis on the road with nothing more than a remote camera to supervise them they're going to get vandalized and ripped off like crazy.

They'll have to teach the taxis to not drive onto car carrying semis and such. I hope someone does a stupid car heist tv show where they get eight or ten taxis to drive onto a car carrier, or straight into a chop shop. Just jacking one for the wheels would be funny enough. Heck, grab like two of the batteries; because they are so heavy, but now you have some sweet lithiums to use/sell.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

china no longer has the excess population to support a broader fsd rollout

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1784774992267448706

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Lol they had that stupid belt buckle on the display Optimus at my local dealership

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Words of a man who has never once participated in enjoyable intimacy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Does anyone ever call him out on decimating Twitter's parental leave allowance when he goes on about his breeding fetish? (I know, it wouldn't matter if they did because it's just the top ten bluecheck replies on every post now. But I can dream)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol Elon jumping on the "Casual Sex is wrong and bad" train

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I just can't believe 18-20 year olds aren't making babies in 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Does anyone ever call him out on decimating Twitter's parental leave allowance when he goes on about his breeding fetish? (I know, it wouldn't matter if they did because it's just the top ten bluecheck replies on every post now. But I can dream)

Can't call him out if every reply to him is a blue checkie with a one emoji post or a crypto scam

as in it will not actually load in more replies than there are blue check replies

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
elon musk can look at a pussy if he wanted to but he chooses to look at the future of humanity and buisness

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

kazil posted:

Can't call him out if every reply to him is a blue checkie with a one emoji post or a crypto scam

💯

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

R.L. Stine posted:

elon musk can look at a real human pussy if he wanted to but he chooses to look at ai generated pussy

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

ah yes humans, historically haters of casual sex

just hated it all through history, but chaining now. very alarming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I hope China handles him the way they handle other billionaires and irresponsible engineers.
and women want orgasms now!