Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that guy has natural built in clown make up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
President Kamala when Biden dies a week before the election is movie material

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
OH gently caress, this protest isn't lawful??????? I'm sorry, I'll go home right now and repent for my sins.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Maximo Roboto posted:

feels like the coconut tree meme and clips like this are to meme Kamala into an adorkably halfway acceptable alternative who is too bumbling to be evil. and you know what, they are pretty funny regardless

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1785074492315693266

wtf?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Maximo Roboto posted:

feels like the coconut tree meme and clips like this are to meme Kamala into an adorkably halfway acceptable alternative who is too bumbling to be evil. and you know what, they are pretty funny regardless

Reducing a powerful* woman to her traditional gender roles, but wokely

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vote for democrats to save democracy!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1785033124923019451#m

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Excelzior posted:

"biden jug" reminded me of something else

very very disrespectful

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

aaaaah!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Maximo Roboto posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

also thats the hw bush strategy lol

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

boooooo. she sucks

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

post hole digger posted:

also thats the hw bush strategy lol

What were the HW moments. When he threw up on the Japanese prime minister? That was after he became actual president

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Surprisingly, more dissent is coming from within/adjacent to the White House:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/29/lawyers-israel-arm-sales-biden-00154958

quote:

“The law is clear and aligned with the majority of Americans who believe the U.S. should cease arms shipments to Israel until it stops its military operation in Gaza,” the letter states, citing polling showing most Biden supporters want an arms embargo imposed.

The letter additionally calls for the Justice Department to investigate whether any U.S. citizens serving in the Israeli military may have committed war crimes that could be prosecuted under U.S. law.
“This is a moment where the U.S. government is violating its own laws and policy,” said a Department of Justice staffer who signed the letter and was granted anonymity to speak candidly to not risk their job. “The administration may be seeing silence or only a handful of resignations, but they are really not aware of the magnitude of discontent and dissent among the rank and file.”

I'm not sure it will matter, but I thought it was an interesting development.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The real genocide was the respect we lost along the way

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

She's practicing warming up the paddles

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i wonder if a loser hack like rupar gets paid for his garbage

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm only 20 seconds in but :wtc: does she mean about immunity being on the ballot?

I'm guessing she meant to say democracy is on the ballot but lol.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

kamala, kamala, america's momala,
I'm waiting, I'm waiting for obama

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

idk if this is a specific reference to something but I'd go with Obamala

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Reminded of that time Katy Turs mom told Ben Shapiro he'd leave a debate in an ambulance

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

College kids are protesting a conflict on the other side of the world, while their freedoms and future is being ripped away from them right in front of their eyes. It's like a car crash in slow motion. I'm on the other side of the pond, and it feels like I'm shouting into an abyss to get people to realise what's happening.

If the US loses it's democracy, I'm not only scared for you all, but the rest of us in western democracies.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Trabisnikof posted:

College kids are protesting a conflict on the other side of the world, while their freedoms and future is being ripped away from them right in front of their eyes. It's like a car crash in slow motion. I'm on the other side of the pond, and it feels like I'm shouting into an abyss to get people to realise what's happening.

If the US loses it's democracy, I'm not only scared for you all, but the rest of us in western democracies.
democraceh...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Trabisnikof posted:

Kamailure EmbHarrisment

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zerg Mans posted:

Reminded of that time Katy Turs mom told Ben Shapiro he'd leave a debate in an ambulance

no

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It. Doesn’t. Matter. Nothing matters if this election doesn’t go right. Nothing matters if this Supreme Court continues to run America into the ground. These kids protesting the wrong thing are so blind. You were literally spoon fed this poo poo to distract you and keep you from protesting American issues. This is the most pathetic and stupidest generation of all time. Worse than boomers. At least boomers know they’re loving us and just don’t care. Gen Z and all the college kids etc protesting the thousand year old war over seas like it’s a new thing while their country falls apart in front of them and they may not even vote to save it because of global politics is easily, the most short sighted and idiotic thing I’ve ever seen.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

It. Doesn’t. Matter. Nothing matters if this election doesn’t go right. Nothing matters if this Supreme Court continues to run America into the ground. These kids protesting the wrong thing are so blind. You were literally spoon fed this poo poo to distract you and keep you from protesting American issues. This is the most pathetic and stupidest generation of all time. Worse than boomers. At least boomers know they’re loving us and just don’t care. Gen Z and all the college kids etc protesting the thousand year old war over seas like it’s a new thing while their country falls apart in front of them and they may not even vote to save it because of global politics is easily, the most short sighted and idiotic thing I’ve ever seen.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

They're not asking to divest from other financial sources of conflict and suffering, like Qatar or the UAE. There are other huge humanitarian crises that are happening that are being propped up by regimes entangled in oil and global capitalism.

The college kids are living in the early stages of facism, not full-on actual facism, or they wouldn't even be able to protest or post about it on social media. They'd be carted off to re-education camps or executed, like in Iran or China.

They have a chance to stop it, but they're distracted by this. I know most have their hearts in the right place, but they are not paying attention to their own future and the future of their own country.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Maximo Roboto posted:

I doubt there's some deep guerrilla psyop to ironically prop up Kamala, but it really is funny that the more awkward situations she gets into, the more sympathetic responses she elicits. totally different from Dark Brandon type ironic memeing

I think it's organic. She is funny (unintentionally) and Veep is still in the pop culture. Would she be a good President? No. But we're beyond that now anyway as funny is all that matters.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Libs think protests happen just because people like protesting vibes.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Surprisingly, more dissent is coming from within/adjacent to the White House:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/29/lawyers-israel-arm-sales-biden-00154958

I'm not sure it will matter, but I thought it was an interesting development.

why is america such a bitchmade country that we got people serving in a vassal state's military?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Shageletic posted:

Nypost is funny because it divides everyone on earth into two groups, angels and thugs

tupac is both and he watches out for me

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Trabisnikof posted:

They're not asking to divest from other financial sources of conflict and suffering, like Qatar or the UAE. There are other huge humanitarian crises that are happening that are being propped up by regimes entangled in oil and global capitalism.

The college kids are living in the early stages of facism, not full-on actual facism, or they wouldn't even be able to protest or post about it on social media. They'd be carted off to re-education camps or executed, like in Iran or China.

They have a chance to stop it, but they're distracted by this. I know most have their hearts in the right place, but they are not paying attention to their own future and the future of their own country.

i must vote biden so i maintain the right to be jailed for protesting genoxide

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

idk if this is a specific reference to something but I'd go with Obamnala

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Good - I hope they destroy :amerikkka: . :blessed:

Horseshoe theory has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Apr 30, 2024

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KentPoliceTWell/status/1784886469133217813?t=xNwLtGAJz63Hr9RODGYueA&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

5 foot 5 (165 cm) 👑

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/quick-takes/2024/04/29/house-reps-want-antisemitism-monitors-college-campuses

I'm sure this won't ever be used/abused.

quote:

The bill would “empower” the Education Department, at its discretion, to send “third-party antisemitism monitors” to college campuses, with costs paid by the institutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

She's practicing warming up the paddles
lol