Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first time this happens I imagine is pretty funny to witness, but after that I can see this getting old quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

idk about "drenched". There were just little blood droplets all over, like their entire character model had mild acne

I really liked how God of War actually made it canon that Kratos has the power to magic all the blood off him whenever he wants

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jack, do you know what day it is tomorrow?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Dragon Age Origins was butt ugly even when it first came out. Poor Loghain's face looked like a melted candle.
They had one body model for human/elf women so they're all stacked, even the near death senior citizen healer.

Also really didn't care for the enemy designs. The dragons looked really unimpressive for a game called Dragon Age.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The best part of Dragon Age Origins was that everyone had huge rear end hands

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dun3ye7EC6Q

They're adding sex to Jackbox

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

You just needed the right crowd before

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been playing Pentiment and it is actually beautiful and caused me to start listening to a medieval history podcast. :hai:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Been playing Pentiment and it is actually beautiful and caused me to start listening to a medieval history podcast. :hai:

You ever find out who the Druckers were?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

The best art is the art which inspires!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Balatro inspired me to read the balatro thread

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Waffleman_ posted:

Jack, do you know what day it is tomorrow?

April 30th -- is there something special about it?

Actually, I just tried looking what is upcoming and I noticed that there's a FRONT MISSION 2 Remake: wonder if that's gonna be good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's been out for a while on Switch, the localization was really bad, but they said they would be working on it, so maybe the PC port will have those updates.

Otherwise, the ports themselves are a bit barebones but the games are fine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Balatro inspired me to read the balatro thread

I like it less the more I play the higher stakes but maybe I just need to get good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FutureCop posted:

April 30th -- is there something special about it?

Actually, I just tried looking what is upcoming and I noticed that there's a FRONT MISSION 2 Remake: wonder if that's gonna be good.

the switch version is absolute garbage. I just remember the front mission 1 remake, I played through the whole thing, but it felt like complete rear end to play, it was so unbalanced.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I like it less the more I play the higher stakes but maybe I just need to get good
even by roguelike standards its insanely rng dependent. some seeds are just hosed and you might as well give up if you dont get a build together early on gold stake rather than peter out on the 5th ante

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the green-blue stake zone is a comfy place to play though imo

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Shard posted:

it's hard for me to go back to a lot of games in the 7th generation because a ton of them feel very brown to me. New Vegas, Dragon Age Origin, all those war games, Resident Evil 5, Spec Ops the Line. I found a ton of those games at the time very good or interesting but now going back is hard for me because they are so drat ugly.

yeah i do not miss the grey-brown desaturated shooter with bloom era.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I do

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Killzone Mercenary was fun

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Blurbstv/status/1784756008499200335?t=0u2TGh6R6Z5JhUp-ra9hgg&s=19

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

You ever find out who the Druckers were?

Oh man. How did you know about that?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF4: Made my way to Mt. Hobs where Sir War Crimes forced Rydia to relive her extensive recent trauma. While there we met a half-naked man who... come on, I'm not gonna shittalk Yang. It's Yang. I just want him to hold me in his big beefy arms.

Although I was amused by Cecil so openly telling a random stranger about his complicity in genocide.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

VideoGames posted:

The clip got posted in the PS5 thread lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that cat's lickin' 'is area again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Lol I just saw this :cripes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stexils posted:

yeah i do not miss the grey-brown desaturated shooter with bloom era.

I'm enjoying my time with one but I would not want to live in brown town for a whole generation again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the raid shadow legends bit made me cackle

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

lol and people say Skyrim is a bad game

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm enjoying my time with one but I would not want to live in brown town for a whole generation again.

Was watching a stream of GTA4 recently, and lol that game might as well be in black and white.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started playing Harold Halibut and this game is really cool.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I started playing Harold Halibut and this game is really cool.

afishionado

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which switch game should I get next?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

Especially before the current beta, I found the higher stakes to be a real slog as the combination of faster ante scaling, increased costs, and reduced hands/discards made everything outside of high card/pair builds a losing proposition.

The rebalanced stakes in the beta are a lot more fun (IMO) since more builds are viable, and it rewards flexibility more than fishing for specific OP builds.

That being said the game is still very RNG, and your Wheels will never succeed while at the same time you always pull the one boss that fucks over your strategy.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jay Rust posted:

Have you heard of this little indie title called Tears of the Kingdom

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Corn Overlord

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So apparently when people have been requesting their receipts for the $140 Get All The DLC Edition of Tarkov, the developers have removed any mention of Getting All The DLC, so that's kinda literal fraud at this point lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Unicorn Overlord if you haven't played it yet

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

So apparently when people have been requesting their receipts for the $140 Get All The DLC Edition of Tarkov, the developers have removed any mention of Getting All The DLC, so that's kinda literal fraud at this point lmao

it's been extremely funny watching them try to litigate the definition of DLC to very specifically exclude the thing they're now requiring you to pay $250 for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Gray Zone Warfare capitalising on this, and releasing early access in 4 hours :laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DyVR3bPG8

I think it's def leaning towards the basic side atm, but they're absolutely going to eat up some of the player base. Particularly for how insanely pretty Unreal Engine 5 is making the whole thing look.