Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

chaibat posted:

A few years ago, I had brain surgery to remove a tumor. About 3 months later, the neurosurgeon “fully cleared” me to resume “all activities” with “no restrictions”. I made sure to clarify because I wanted to resume playing ice hockey and snowboarding. He said I’d be fine.

On the first run of the day, I fly swattered myself almost exactly like that straight onto my head. No helmet though. I was mostly OK, just a bloody nose and terrible headaches for like 6 months afterwards.

I told the doctor about it and he basically shrugged like you’ll be fine.

You are fully cleared to smash your head on things with no helmet, brain surgery goon. The consequences are your own!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

did you lift too much to fast. just do it with like 90lbs on the bar, doesn't have to be alot

I think so. Kinda scared me a bit. Now I bench and lift weights and do various exercises that seem a little more my speed. I'm trying to concentrate on consistency in working out multiple times a week atm

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Rexxed posted:

You are fully cleared to smash your head on things with no helmet, brain surgery goon. The consequences are your own!

Wait, that doesn’t sound good, are you sure?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Video explains the definition of "lackadaisical"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Robobot posted:

Zarathos sighs and begins cursing themselves for bonding with a Minnesotan.
I'm cursing myself for getting this reference

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It belongs to their SO, and they never really liked the drat thing anyway.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
An increasingly rare treat.
https://youtu.be/EAtvF7SYgw4

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

like a glove

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

AlmightyBob posted:

like a deglove

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

holy poo poo everyone should wear a helmet when snowboarding. how did you think that was a good idea?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Snow is soft. Skull issue.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Ice is famously soft and will helpfully cradle you if you fall down

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chaibat posted:

terrible headaches for like 6 months

lmao at the "just walk it off" neurosurgeon

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I am so sorry that you apparently got the Neuro who graduated last in the class :stonk:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I am so sorry that you apparently got the Neuro who graduated last in the class :stonk:

you know what they say

D's get degrees

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Runa posted:

lmao at the "just walk it off" neurosurgeon

Theres not much you do for a severe concussion except stop headbutting the ground

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

An effort was made

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Theres not much you do for a severe concussion except stop headbutting the ground

Oh definitely, but it's just so funny.

Just, being a neurosurgeon and reacting like, I reckon that was a good enough object lesson. If he figures it out it's fine, if he doesn't, well. Either he's a return customer or no longer my problem.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Unperson_47 posted:

Skull issue.

lol

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Tiggum posted:

People are all like "once you turn 30, your body is a broken husk and life is pain" but actually I don't think you can blame age for that. Try improving your health and fitness maybe? I dunno. All I can tell you is that I'm 39 next month and I don't injure myself doing everyday activities. I can also stay up past midnight and drink a bottle of wine and still feel fine the next day.

I'm in my 40ties and never had much problems. Until a few years I tried picking up skateboarding. After a couple of falls (you WILL fall with a skateboard) my body made it very clear I can't do that anymore.
Bruises take forever to heal. I can still go on 15k trail runs or whatever. But anything involving falling/need for swift reaction speed, that's over.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

How is he SO BAD at that

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Tiggum posted:

People are all like "once you turn 30, your body is a broken husk and life is pain" but actually I don't think you can blame age for that. Try improving your health and fitness maybe? I dunno. All I can tell you is that I'm 39 next month and I don't injure myself doing everyday activities. I can also stay up past midnight and drink a bottle of wine and still feel fine the next day.

My body built my spine wrong, as a joke, so nerves get pinched much more easily. I have enjoyed a lifetime of throwing my back out in such extreme ways as:

• pointing
  • looking to one side too quickly
  • coughing
  • stepping sideways
  • gesturing to a friend across the street

Funnily enough those all happened in my early twenties, because once we figured out what was wrong regular exercise and stretching has worked wonders.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

mrfart posted:

I'm in my 40ties

Four titties?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

mrpwase posted:

Four titties?

forty ties.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mrpwase posted:

Four titties?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

mrpwase posted:

Four titties?

Five vagànias. Maybe more.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

mrfart posted:

I'm in my 40ties and never had much problems. Until a few years I tried picking up skateboarding. After a couple of falls (you WILL fall with a skateboard) my body made it very clear I can't do that anymore.
Bruises take forever to heal. I can still go on 15k trail runs or whatever. But anything involving falling/need for swift reaction speed, that's over.

For me, the turning point was a pick up game of basketball.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SpacePig posted:

An increasingly rare treat.
https://youtu.be/EAtvF7SYgw4

Wow, the camera quality is way better than I remember it being. Feels like I’m right there snickering as they approach the bridge at speed.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Once I caught on fire and exploded from making GBS threads too hard.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

:golfclap:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ScreenDoorThrillr posted:

How is he SO BAD at that
He seems very uninterested, I think it might be a kid and shoveling snow onto the burning snowmobile is just one of his weekly chores.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Some dumbass drove a 1-of-1-of-500 super car like a Ford Mustang driver leaving Cars and Coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvI8h9e6Yw

https://www.thedrive.com/news/watch-a-youtuber-crash-a-priceless-mclaren-senna-in-the-lamest-possible-way

quote:

Your standard Senna, if there is such a thing, is said to have cost around $1.3 million new. But with all the bespoke treatment on this particular example, guessing at an appraisal is a little more challenging. According to commenters on Reddit, this specific car was originally called "Kilo Senna" and was commissioned by a VIP client of the brand. It is the only Senna with that particular sage exterior and saddle interior. It's reportedly the first Senna to arrive in the U.S., as well as the only factory MSO Senna with the $150,000 carbon wheels, 24k gold exhaust shield, and OG Kiwi McLaren logo.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Take his license and punch him square in the dick.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

C.M. Kruger posted:

Some dumbass drove a 1-of-1-of-500 super car like a Ford Mustang driver leaving Cars and Coffee.

Assuming the reason he wants them to take the story down is that he is trying to commit insurance fraud.

Lol

Lmao

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Take his license and punch him square in the dick.

That’s actually a proscribed penalty for a driving infraction here in Canada.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Bondematt posted:

Assuming the reason he wants them to take the story down is that he is trying to commit insurance fraud.

Lol

Lmao

It sure is a good thing he didn't do this were there were several cameras filming him.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

madmatt112 posted:

That’s actually a proscribed penalty for a driving infraction here in Canada.

What are you talking about? We barely punish dangerous drivers for poo poo.

Seeing supercars get wrecked is one of my favourite little joys in life.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mister Speaker posted:

What are you talking about? We barely punish dangerous drivers for poo poo.

Seeing supercars get wrecked is one of my favourite little joys in life.

"proscribed", my friend

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Nuts, I forgot one snow thing:

https://i.imgur.com/8JR8FHU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

It's the prescribed action for our cops. Closest to judge dredd they legally ever get