Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
People should try to understand that when they sold it for a lower amount earlier, it was before they knew they wanted more money now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I said come in! posted:

I started playing Harold Halibut and this game is really cool.

Yea i really like it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Finished Botany Manor today. Really enjoyed it. Its puzzles were the right amount of engaging for me, not mindless like Resident Evil, but also nothing I couldn't figure out on my own without getting frustrated.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i got back into watching game center CX and it makes me outrageously jealous to see arino visiting all these adorable little candy shops with dilapidated arcade games outside. i'd kill to live near even a single place with that much charm

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
xenoblade x has no volume sliders :[

some of the repeating music is slowly getting a little old

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

UH UH UH YEAH UH YEAH UH UH UH

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol guess what was playing exactly as i read that?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

FF4: Made my way to Mt. Hobs where Sir War Crimes forced Rydia to relive her extensive recent trauma. While there we met a half-naked man who... come on, I'm not gonna shittalk Yang. It's Yang. I just want him to hold me in his big beefy arms.

Although I was amused by Cecil so openly telling a random stranger about his complicity in genocide.

I am really enjoying your brutal takedown of FF4 :xd:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

I am really enjoying your brutal takedown of FF4 :xd:

Yeah imagine being a fan of this game ;)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rinkles posted:

It grows on you, like some sort of horrible parasite. At first it's annoying, then it gets worse, and then by the end of the game you're mentally singing along every ONE TWO THREE FOUR.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

That is some immediate refund poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Which Xenoblade is the one where Lars Ulrich guests on drums.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Which switch game should I get next?

SaGa: Emerald Beyond

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1785248094449512775?t=HXab-10QBxeFLz4k4KXI4A&s=19

This is kinda fair because one of their issues last year was they had overspent on a bunch of games that kinda didn't do great with the thought that "Final Fantasy will save us" and they did too many loser projects for Final Fantasy to save them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder what Square had in development that has now been cut. I'm fine with them just focusing primarily on Final Fantasy, and some of their other actually popular AAA games. When they try to branch out from that we get stuff like Valkyrie Elysium, and Babylon's Fall.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Square is fascinating. I met someone within the past month that didn't know World Ends With You ever got a sequel and truthfully I don't blame them for not knowing.

Last time they trimmed fat it was a bunch of loser properties like *checks notes* Tomb Raider and Hitman and Deus Ex?

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Einhander remaster just around the corner, I can feel it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I hope that trimming just hits the bad AAA trend chasing slop and not the midbudget non FF RPGs they've been releasing that have been really good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah we wouldn't want anything to happen to loving Various Daylife

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Feldegast clearly said “that have been really good”.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got Various Daylife for less than free. It was bundled with, I think Octopath 2 in a way that made it cheaper than just buying Octopath 2.

I still paid too much for Various Daylife.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope DQ3HD survives

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'd assume it would. DQ games sell well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

I hope DQ3HD survives

Yeah that was my first thought was that this was probably canceled because of how long its been in development with no new updates on what is going on.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should be able to cover all those costs with the countless billions their NFTs undoubtedly generated.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If they've cancelled anything to do with FF9, FFT or a new Octopath I'll... Well I'll do nothing and we have no way of knowing but I hope not.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

frytechnician posted:

Einhander remaster just around the corner, I can feel it

This would rule and I wish it would happen

I revisited it on an emulator not long ago and it genuinely holds up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A lot of it was probably projects that hadn't been announced yet and/or were early enough to minimize loss

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if that FF Tactics remake is real, and if so still alive. it was in that credible Nvidia leak from years ago so chances are it was real at some point. I think Triangle Strat did alright but no idea how well Tactics Ogre did. If it bombed it could influence FFT remake I would think

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Dreams of The Quiet Man 2 scuppered.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FFT has such girthy nostalgia cred that it would make money.

Unless they spend Ubisoft Singapore cash on it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hasn't that game been remade and rereleased a thousand times already? Where is the Brave Fencer Musashi remake the true gamers crave.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

Hasn't that game been remade and rereleased a thousand times already? Where is the Brave Fencer Musashi remake the true gamers crave.

It was remade for PSP nearly 20 years ago and was then ported to phones. The game isn't playable on any modern system and sorely needs a shitload of QOL updates at the very least.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh no not foamstars 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah I don't think anything remotely Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest is gonna be cut

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Square could just probably keep re-releasing and remastering their back catalogue year after year and people would still pay up. It's only when they actually bother to make a game that they take a loss.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My people (gamers) yearn for hitman 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Helldivers 2 is better than DRG.