Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

just remembered somebody called this forum orcspam and started laughing

they were right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

i like when non cspam people report posts from this forum complaining about people here being obsessed with other forums/threads. like brother you are hate reading a thread to find bad posts to report, where do you have any room to complain abotu this

re: Sending people back to be unwilling conscripts

I don't look down on those who fled. It's human. But I also don't think it's enough to say they shouldn't be sent back if it would even the odds even a little bit.

Am I being a hypocrite for saying this? I don't know what I would do in their place. I admit that. But I can't argue that I should be allowed to run if the situation came to that, even if I'd find myself trying anything in my power to avoid the front lines.

The Soviet Union isn't the only example of using conscripts. Some of the countries that today have the highest standard of living and best human rights records (at least in modern times) do it. Others make it very clear that you will be forced to fight if there is ever an invasion.

There are so many facets to this but in general I think it's more of an issue of practicality than ethical dilemmas.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I'm sure that in case that Russians were coming to our borders, these shitheads who now scream about "cowards" and "traitors" would be the first to run away. Just like back in 1939.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Reading comprehension is not your strength, so let me help you.

CSPAM mods can do whatever they feel is necessary. They gave him a week. I approved the probation.

Mod action is not a SAD thread. A SAD thread is a lame callout. It has little to do with policy and in this case was an attempt to put a random poster on trial for killing a pigeon and feeling bad about it. That is dumb, and not the purpose of this subforum.

I hope this helps you understand the words I typed a little better.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

CSPAM mods can do whatever they feel is necessary.

you heard him droogs. next time pecksniff posts in the palestine thread submit the permaban

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this is from yesterday but lol at this unbroken string of d&d reports

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i hope at least one of them begins with "and another thing,"

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

looks like its time to take out teh trash

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

Hell yeah

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Debate and Drowscussion

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

tenderjerk posted:

i feel unsafe and threatened anytime you post how you will cut mine or someones head off or w/e like 5 times a day because you are an autist creep with a 8yo's interests, no obvious external offline contacts, and a head full of rage, so i hope you are next

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

So long and thanks for all the unhinged PMs and abusive reports lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh wow the orcspam post is actually really psycho. should have been a perma imo but the guy never rereged so i guess its fine

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

orcspam needs to be shutdown and its posters need to have their hollowdomes filled with good strong azov lead

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmao sick

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gonna report every post in D&D to demand that they change to Debate World: Powered By The Apocalypse instead

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh wait that rock puncher doing a bit lmao. this fuckin website.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

oh wow the orcspam post is actually really psycho. should have been a perma imo but the guy never rereged so i guess its fine

Ohhhh those edited posts right above the orcspam murder post are, I'm like 95% certain, where the idea for the Fascists of Something Awful twitter account came from

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

i like when non cspam people report posts from this forum complaining about people here being obsessed with other forums/threads. like brother you are hate reading a thread to find bad posts to report, where do you have any room to complain abotu this

they should just debate us like the danish guys who will casually bring up how the bolsheviks are just like the nazis until you point out one of those sides did the holocaust

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

everyone was waiting for tj to have one final epic meltdown but his secret was that he was always melting down....simply never stopped

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he did rereg, that ban was from 2022. he got banned again for evading probes as Rockpuncher lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

oh wait that rock puncher doing a bit lmao. this fuckin website.

yeah that was a misdirect which made it even more epic

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vox Nihili posted:

post em

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
:bustem:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont think tenderjerk ever pmed me. probably for the best.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Kit, this is not forums drama, this is a matter of life and death for people who are actually posting in this thread.

The spread of pro-russian propaganda and fascist views is literally a front in the war that Ukraine is currently fighting, and the refusal of this forum's administration to do literally anything about it except probate/ban the people calling it out is telling.

Agitators from other forums are posting freely in this thread, and people who have reported and complained about it here have been probated. By you.

Some of y'all may have seen a particular, rather tone-deaf posting attributed to Ukraine regarding the cultural/ethnic identity of the Ukrainian and Russian people, and I tracked down some context for it a bit ago which I'm going to share here:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1503439838548271104.html

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A front in the war.....

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Al! posted:

forums waaaaaagh

lol The Something Awful forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [WAAAAGH] Teef in da bag, boys!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Kit, this is not forums drama, this is a matter of life and death for people who are actually posting in this thread.

The spread of pro-russian propaganda and fascist views is literally a front in the war that Ukraine is currently fighting, and the refusal of this forum's administration to do literally anything about it except probate/ban the people calling it out is telling.

Agitators from other forums are posting freely in this thread, and people who have reported and complained about it here have been probated. By you.

Some of y'all may have seen a particular, rather tone-deaf posting attributed to Ukraine regarding the cultural/ethnic identity of the Ukrainian and Russian people, and I tracked down some context for it a bit ago which I'm going to share here:

Lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

copy
Jul 26, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

A front in the war.....

the literal posting is praxis guys that spawned out of gbs were so epic lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I am agitating for pro-Russian and fascist viewpoints and you bitchass mods can't do anything about it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

RELEASE THE TAPES

copy
Jul 26, 2007

agitators lmfao its so good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

lobster shirt posted:

Ready, master (I'm not ready!)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lmao these people really really did convince themselves they were helping fight the war by posting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

lmfao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
watching Hypernormalization and walking away thinking "wow, so it was Putin's fault all along. crazy!" because of the last 15 minutes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

kontraktniki-spam

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

lobster shirt posted:

Admin edit: tired of your abusive posting so we are skipping the next 2 meltdown mays. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

lol