Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

haveblue posted:

There's probably an NPC you have to talk to for clearance, is anyone on the map flashing? Any destinations with the Into the Light tag on their icon?

Shaxx, Hall of Champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

As an addendum, Fighting Lion is, in fact, very cool and fun. Just in case there was any confusion.

Also real talk my pet peeve is when someone asks why I'm running a legendary primary not an exotic, because the answer is *always* "because I'm running an exotic special or heavy". It isn't their fault tho, I wish I was running an exotic primary too, but you can't run double exotics, and you can't run double special as effectively now so not much choice.

So instead I'm almost always running a Hand Cannon, or something that I can play a half dozen buffs into to make it relevant. Because buffing primaries in general is apparently blasphemy.

I run a lot of Exotic specials and for most seasons theyve been great. It makes the ammo, ammo amount, and ammo pickup mods suddenly extremely high value.

This is the season of the Sunshot though, no doubt about it

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Orv posted:

Shaxx, Hall of Champions

That was it, thank you. Hopefully I can find 5 other people to play Pantheon because it looks pretty fun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pantheon encounter changes (that people have noticed so far, anyways)

Golgoroth:
Most notably you need to rotate all 6 players through the gaze, otherwise it fails to capture.
A few new enemies also spawn: Ogres during add clear, Disciple Knight before DPS, and a few Taken enemies spawn up top to chase the people with the gaze.

Caretaker:
A few more enemies again, but the biggest thing is the Caretaker bees also spawn in the rooms with the symbols and chase you there.

Explicator:
Incendiors now spawn at the top areas.
Colossus enemies spawn with shields. A Tormentor spawns in the middle after swapping all of the planets. The fire tornadoes can now hit you during the add clear section, and during DPS he spawns them on all 3 plates each damage plate.

Atraks-1:
Tormentors now spawn before DPS (both bottom and top).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you can't wait for the all-black shader ADA has Refurbished Black Armoury which is mostly black with a weird shimmer.

(And another :3: archie quest)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I have the all black shader. I'll never use it because Kairos Bronze and Breezy Clear exist

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Golgoroth:
Most notably you need to rotate all 6 players through the gaze, otherwise it fails to capture.
A few new enemies also spawn: Ogres during add clear, Disciple Knight before DPS, and a few Taken enemies spawn up top to chase the people with the gaze.

Caretaker:
A few more enemies again, but the biggest thing is the Caretaker bees also spawn in the rooms with the symbols and chase you there.

Explicator:
Colossus enemies spawn with shields. A Tormentor spawns in the middle after swapping all of the planets. The fire tornadoes can now hit you during the add clear section, and during DPS he spawns them on all 3 plates each damage plate.

Atraks-1:

Bungie read the past couple of pages and said "No, more Tormentors!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SgtSteel91 posted:

Bungie read the past couple of pages and said "No, more Tormentors!"

Gonna be fun to see how they add tomentors to Oryx, Rhulk, Riven, and Nez.

I feel Nezarec is going to be the fight they change the most because it's by far the easiest of the 8.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you cheese Riven, every enemy in the next encounter is a tormentor

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
If they increase Riven's health by 50% the cheese won't work and people will have to engage with the game which is Cool and Good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They should be cute and have Riven surrender immediately, considering this season

Then it's a boss gauntlet of Tormentors anyway

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

They should be cute and have Riven surrender immediately, considering this season

Then it's a boss gauntlet of Tormentors anyway

Queenswalk: Oops, All Tormenters!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Horsebanger posted:

If they increase Riven's health by 50% the cheese won't work and people will have to engage with the game which is Cool and Good.

Hell, if they increase it by 10% the cheese won’t work

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A 10% increase can be managed if you're dedicated enough.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The 25% surge will help a lot, but they could also just remove that Joining Allies spot if they really wanna be done with the cheese

Although I still maintain that it is lore-accurate to say pish-posh to ahamkara ciphers and simply shoot them until they are dead

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The 25% surge will help a lot, but they could also just remove that Joining Allies spot if they really wanna be done with the cheese

Although I still maintain that it is lore-accurate to say pish-posh to ahamkara ciphers and simply shoot them until they are dead

nah, removing the joining allies spot doesn't fix the cheese, it just makes it take more tries to get her in the right spot.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

After clearing it once legit you should just walk into the room and have loot deposited into your inventory, cue return to orbit timer. You’ve shifted the difference between desire and reality so far by doing it legit that you broke it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Super black obtained. :smug:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Currently you can solo riven a couple different ways, I think they'll need to do more then change the health if they want to prevent cheese but also make it attainable for normal groups.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Golgoroth:

Caretaker:

Explicator:

Atraks-1:

Idk if you have to rotate gaze on golgo, we got through with just normal swapping back and forth

also the bottom tormentor comes up through the left airlock e: for aatraks

also the gamers be gaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FleIf4YSKPM

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 1, 2024

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hackan Slash posted:

Currently you can solo riven a couple different ways, I think they'll need to do more then change the health if they want to prevent cheese but also make it attainable for normal groups.

The fight is the same but you still have to queenswalk but now it’s all tormentors

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lightfall is one of the free PS+ titles for May, so if you for some reason play the game and read this thread but don't have Lightfall yet you can play it next week

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Have you guys noticed that a lot of blueberries in Onslaught are using two primary weapons? Not in like a way to cover the champion weaknesses, but like double AR etc. It seems to explain how much of a crapshoot it is to actually do a 50 sometimes. But I wonder if it's a returning player thing where they just don't know it's a bad idea

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The thing I noticed the most was how many people just leave after a few rounds. I duo'd it to level 50 with my brother and we had 4 randoms enter and leave at various points.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mesadoram posted:

The thing I noticed the most was how many people just leave after a few rounds. I duo'd it to level 50 with my brother and we had 4 randoms enter and leave at various points.

My ideas for this happening in order from least to most probable:

Connection issues or crashing
They have to pee
A full 50 takes about an hour and they can't commit to playing for that long
They only want to do 20 for the bounty and then dip

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They probably just wanted to get their two weekly Weapon Quests done, and then skedaddled.

I appreciate that they made the quests so fast to complete within Onslaught, but it certainly results in a lot of early quitters!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

My ideas for this happening in order from least to most probable:

Connection issues or crashing
They have to pee
A full 50 takes about an hour and they can't commit to playing for that long
They only want to do 20 for the bounty and then dip

not a lot of reason to queue for the full 50 version if time limited when the 10 round version is there and arguably easier/quicker.

But yeah, odds are they might just going for the 20 round quest.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Have you guys noticed that a lot of blueberries in Onslaught are using two primary weapons? Not in like a way to cover the champion weaknesses, but like double AR etc. It seems to explain how much of a crapshoot it is to actually do a 50 sometimes. But I wonder if it's a returning player thing where they just don't know it's a bad idea

I'm usually too busy blasting to notice what others are shooting at all, unless there are big flashy effects involved like scorch or volatility. But, I blame the artifact mod for yet-again not providing special-ammo weapon type options for champion control, which funnels the un-Aiated massed into the options provided.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yesterday I queued up for a 50 but really just wanted to do a 20, but I was trying out a threadling warlock build and had a shitload of fun with it. But the two dudes with me were from the same clan and bounced after 20. I'm standing there like a jackass looking at the Luna's Howl roll to wonder if discord+harmony could be a funny pvp roll then noticed they left once the round started. So I bounced too. Weird coincidence.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i have gone through 31 mountain tops and still no alh/recombination :stare:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Spanish Manlove posted:

My friend does this all the time and I have to always be checking his loadout and make him equip a special weapon. He doesn't even pick "good" primary weapons half the time, I have no idea what goes into his thinking on weapon choice. Sometimes I think he's incapable of interpreting how well his guns are at killing stuff.

Even when I have him equip a special weapon, like a wave frame grenade launcher, he'll rarely use it and just plink away at giant groups of enemies with his Old Sterling auto rifle or something. In Onslaught one blast from a wave frame would have wiped out half the group.

We did another 50 rounds of normal Onslaught last night. I had like 900 kills and 450 orbs, our pubbie had 700 kills and 160 orbs, and my friend had 350 kills and like 20 orbs.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Buce posted:

Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Graviton Lance is absolutely a beast again. Mr. Bungo, help! The guns are too good!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Buce posted:

This is just how math works!

There are seven perks in each column. For one specific combo you'd expect the average time to receive it would be 49 drops. Unfortunately the probabilities are independent.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
MFs will say 'bait & switch is too much work' and then use an ALH - Recomb special

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just for clarification, are the people in various places who say that dungeon exotics are farmable when they’re the current rotation spotlight correct?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Orv posted:

Just for clarification, are the people in various places who say that dungeon exotics are farmable when they’re the current rotation spotlight correct?

Yes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
IIRC the 'most recently released' dungeon is also farmable for legendary drops, but not farmable for exotic

Orv
May 4, 2011
Makes sense, thanks you two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I want a Luna’s with heal clip+incandescent so bad

50+ rolls and nothing (I have some good pvp rolls including shinies)

also this marcato-45 machine gun is pure fun