Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If you wanted to just buy two DLCs

You would pay 18 dollars of a max of 23

It is designed in such a way you get no benefits buying individual packs, no discount, no sale, until you buy all 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Third World Reagan posted:

It is designed in such a way you get no benefits buying individual packs, no discount, no sale, until you buy all 3

That seems fair.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Thunderbarge has a small, maybe bug

Any projectiles that hit the balloon do no damage. Only hits that hit the actual ship part.

Not too big of a problem, except it seems most range aim for the balloon.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Rookersh posted:

I don't see Toddy ( or Red Duke ) coming with a DLC. Both are already ingame, and CA has spoken in the past about how they view taking content that's already been released and reselling it as a red line they won't cross.

I'm also not sure what they'd do in a proverbial Middenheim DLC. The Ulric units that people on Reddit keep yelling about were ( mostly ) kitbashes, they are statistically the same as the Sigmarite units we already have. They just have different furs/weapons on their model. This would also run into serious issues with GW as these units would need to be usable by every current LL, so CA would have to figure out a way for Ulrician units to be fighting for Volkmar in the Southlands.

I think the more realistic approach will be Kurt Helborg LL, Ludwig Schwarzhelm LH, Toddy FLC with a focus on finishing off the various knightly orders/Imperial Foot. Add in a few Ulrician kitbash models of current units you can only use if you own Middenheim and Toddy starts there.

I meant as FLC, yeah. I very much doubt they'd make people pay for Toddy. And agreed on that last point; either Middenheim or Knightly Orders have to be the theme for the last DLC, there's no other thematic link between the Empire's missing units.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

So if you just buy two you're spending less money than if you buy the bundle, and less money than what previous two-faction DLC cost (even with their pre-order discounts), and you also get the 15% discount applied retroactively if you eventually buy all three packs. Why is that bad? People complained that DLC was too expensive and predatory and this addresses basically all of that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

So if you just buy two you're spending less money than if you buy the bundle, and less money than what previous two-faction DLC cost (even with their pre-order discounts), and you also get the 15% discount applied retroactively if you eventually buy all three packs. Why is that bad? People complained that DLC was too expensive and predatory and this addresses basically all of that.

Yes

buying 2 things is less than 3

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Yes

buying 2 things is less than 3

seems good if you only want 2 things instead of 3 then imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

A Renaissance Nerd posted:

Rot Knights might be one of my new favorite units, holy poo poo. Fast (for Nurgle), AP, anti-large, good base stats, good charge bonus, regeneration? Hell yes, praise the Plaguefather!

Yeah, Rot Knights are just absolutely bonkers. Wrestling down Dragon Ogres, Chaos Trolls and the like with ease in the early turns.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Nurgle badly needed a unit like rot knights, would of been nice if plague drones didn't have mass and animation issues so they were more useful because Nurgle badly needs plague drones to be a good unit in the roster.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Looks like the DLC lords can play Realm of Chaos, but I assume won't have the whole Ursun storyline.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Mr.48 posted:

The individual %15 discounts dont seem to be working. I already bought the Malakai DLC and Elspeth's DLC is still full priced. Also, I had a look on Fanatical and the Elspeth DLC is listed at $999 for some reason while the others have normal prices. This whole selling the DLC in bits thing is a great idea, but CA still has a lot of work ahead to actually make it function correctly...

It's not individual 15% discounts. It's that the bundle is 15% off and only includes the ones you don't already have.

If you buy one of the DLCs at full price, you can still buy the bundle and be charged only for the ones you don't have, with that 15% discount. Hence the "complete your collection".

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

god drat, tamurkhan with kazyk and rot knights is very satisfying. you can finally have a hammer for your otherwise entirely anvil army

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Has this gecko mod been mentioned itt? If not you guys should look at this mod :(

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3163958081

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Has this gecko mod been mentioned itt? If not you guys should look at this mod :(

im gonna cry for the rest of my life now thank you

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

grobbo posted:

I fundamentally don't understand how anyone just zooms in and patiently watches the animations play out on a specific character when instead you could be spending the entire battle obsessively panning back and forth checking in on my little guys, how are my little guys doing do they need any help, oh no my guys

Yeah I've always wished there would be an "instantly rewatch battle" at the victory/defeat screen. Don't really want to fiddle with saving and reopening the replay, I just want to watch it once and then move on with my campaign :effort:.

DaysBefore posted:

I use longer battle mods specifically so I can zoom in and watch the boys fight. Also because they're more fun and give you more time to plan and maneuver etc but it's almost entirely the first part

Any you would recommend?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah, Rot Knights are just absolutely bonkers. Wrestling down Dragon Ogres, Chaos Trolls and the like with ease in the early turns.

I uh, expected Kholek to be a lot more of an issue than he was. Rot knights do terrible, terrible things to large units.

Oh, and if you're doing a Tammy run, don't forget he is an ogre, so has wall breaker. Put your starting plague ogres with him and just shred through sieges.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Played Malakai a bit and he is great fun. The lead time on the thunderbarge army ability kind of encourages you to turtle a bit, which I suppose dwarfs don't need a lot of encouragement to do.

His recruitment on the Spirit of Grugni plus the adventure units feels kind of OP, but it's balanced a bit by the grudge rework, which really forces you to be aggressive. I smushed Clan Moulder right away and started smacking Norsca, but I'm thinking of taking the sea lane into Chaos Dwarf land to get at those sweet grudges and adventure quests.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

may the lizard ride eternal, scaly and sort of greenish.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Started an Elspeth Realms of Chaos campaign, she's got her own narrative objectives of some kind, it'll be neat to play a more focused campaign on just uniting the Empire.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Recruit Defeated Legendary Lords and Warband just got updated!

Just in time for another Empire campaign. :smugdog:

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 30, 2024

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

I purchased this and my game isn't recognizing it. Back to hating CA

e: validating my files fixed it

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 30, 2024

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Master Engineer gets a Steam Tank mount. :vince:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Q-sixtysix posted:

I purchased this and my game isn't recognizing it. Back to hating CA

e: validating my files fixed it

i noticed that for me the splash screen in the game didnt update but the lords were there when I checked. very weird.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
well I hit a bug with Elspeth that's kinda ruined my campaign for me. At a certain point I can't end my turn anymore. I've had that happen before and it's generally because an event isn't firing properly, and reloading your turn fixes it, but in this case it's related to the gunnery school. When I upgrade to tier 3 there's an event related to the amethyst workshop that doesn't spawn an event but makes me unable to end my turn. I reloaded and tried multiple times and every time I become unable to end my turn. My choice seems to be just not upgrading the workshop anymore, which is no fun. I want to play with the cool units.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

well I hit a bug with Elspeth that's kinda ruined my campaign for me. At a certain point I can't end my turn anymore. I've had that happen before and it's generally because an event isn't firing properly, and reloading your turn fixes it, but in this case it's related to the gunnery school. When I upgrade to tier 3 there's an event related to the amethyst workshop that doesn't spawn an event but makes me unable to end my turn. I reloaded and tried multiple times and every time I become unable to end my turn. My choice seems to be just not upgrading the workshop anymore, which is no fun. I want to play with the cool units.

That sucks. Have you tried waiting an extra turn or two before upgrading?

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i noticed that for me the splash screen in the game didnt update but the lords were there when I checked. very weird.

I can't seem to equip any ancillaries or magic items for any of my characters in my Malakai campaign?

e: I havent been able to post images since Richard left us. the internet has passed me by

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 30, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Kaal posted:

That sucks. Have you tried waiting an extra turn or two before upgrading?

I have, it doesn't matter when I try to upgrade. Whatever event is supposed to be popping up when you get the amethyst workshop just doesn't seem to be working properly. I'm playing without mods at the moment too since most of them need to be updated.

This is only turn 40ish though so I'll just try firing up a new campaign.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fanatical is selling the game discounted at a further 13% lower beyond what CA is selling their bundle for.. i missed this but here it is for others who may want it:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/total-war-warhammer-iii-thrones-of-decay

Also Cavalary are now lethal, my Reiksguard managed to pick up a Banner of Speed on turn 2, and on turn 3 i managed to get 400+ kills with them against the secessionist forces..

Its.. mind bogglingly strong.

The Reiksguard, once they charge, they CHARGE and punch through infantry like its wet loving paper.

This is insane! In a good way!

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Q-sixtysix posted:

I can't seem to equip any ancillaries or magic items for any of my characters in my Malakai campaign?

e: I havent been able to post images since Richard left us. the internet has passed me by

Turning off all my mods helped with the magic item thing, idk

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Gejnor posted:

Also Cavalary are now lethal, my Reiksguard managed to pick up a Banner of Speed on turn 2, and on turn 3 i managed to get 400+ kills with them against the secessionist forces..

Its.. mind bogglingly strong.

The Reiksguard, once they charge, they CHARGE and punch through infantry like its wet loving paper.

This is insane! In a good way!

Yeah imperial cavalry is insane, maybe others too, but I've only tried Elspeth so far. I had a battle against multiple Von Carstein stacks and my two units of Knights of the Black Rose racked up over 1,200 kills. Each.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ah marketing. Promise your next DLC won't be so expensive then sell it at $10 more but break the product up into three parts. The customers won't suspect a thing. Looks like it worked too.

Shadows of Change = $35.95AUD Thrones of Decay = $44.85AUD

$38.13AUD as a bundle with a 15% discount.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 30, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Ah marketing. Promise your next DLC won't be so expensive then sell it at $10 more but break the product up into three parts. The customers won't suspect a thing. Looks like it worked too.

Agreed, and Im glad I bought it for myself friends. By the sound of it, the DLC is a hit!

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

... It's the same price (if not slightly lower?) if you buy it all as a bundle.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

It's $38.13 AUD for the pack together with the -15% discount but yeah that's just way too steep for me. Shadows of Change had pretty rough edges and was a regretful purchase for me.
This one does look pretty cool but I'll hold off. Separating it into three packs after the last debacle feels a bit disingenuous though I do understand some players might appreciate it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lugubrious! posted:

It is exactly the same price if you buy the bundle as if you bought each of the 3 DLCs one at a time

You just are not paying 33% of the price if you buy 1/3rd of the DLC or 66% of the price if you are buying 2/3rds of the DLC

But they are comparing shadows of change vs thrones of decay with funny money so who knows

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

ErKeL posted:

It's $38.13 AUD for the pack together with the -15% discount but yeah that's just way too steep for me. Shadows of Change had pretty rough edges and was a regretful purchase for me.
This one does look pretty cool but I'll hold off. Separating it into three packs after the last debacle feels a bit disingenuous though I do understand some players might appreciate it.

I don't want to go full CA defender because they've done a lot of things that deserve criticism, but this is literally the same price as the previous pack. This just lets people buy individual lords, which is probably an option that should have always been available. It feels way less disingenuous than forcing people to buy a whole content pack when they only want 33% of what's in it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

house of the dad posted:

I don't want to go full CA defender because they've done a lot of things that deserve criticism, but this is literally the same price as the previous pack. This just lets people buy individual lords, which is probably an option that should have always been available. It feels way less disingenuous than forcing people to buy a whole content pack when they only want 33% of what's in it.

It's $10 more. I have the steam page open and I'm looking at the prices right now.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009

Lugubrious! posted:

They've upped pretty much all the regional currency prices, this is an effective 5 bucks increase when you account for the fact that TOD is cheaper in USD compared to SOC. Apparently it's even worse in other places. According to one of the CMs on reddit, they're "investigating", although that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but maybe hold off for now if you're outside the USA?

E: also worth noting that there's no significant currency value difference between SOC and TOD launches, so the price change is not because of that.

Rixaxun fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 30, 2024

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

house of the dad posted:

With the discount it's a still a couple dollars more than last time, but I can expect that could be a regional pricing discrepancy.
It's only a minor price boost but after last time it's really hard to justify. Especially when I haven't paid for a full price game as expensive as this DLC recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

It's $10 more. I have the steam page open and I'm looking at the prices right now.

Regional pricing has been very very weird this time around, in Europe and i presume US the total bundle is about 2-3 $€ less than SOC, but in South America the price is absurdly more expensive. Isn't Australia also usually a bit more expensive than EU/NA?

Not sure if its a mistake or just SEGA/CA being extra greedy.