Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

house of the dad posted:

I don't want to go full CA defender because they've done a lot of things that deserve criticism, but this is literally the same price as the previous pack. This just lets people buy individual lords, which is probably an option that should have always been available. It feels way less disingenuous than forcing people to buy a whole content pack when they only want 33% of what's in it.

You pay 78% of the total price if you buy 2 DLCs, instead of say, 66%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Okay, also i had to record this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4tehH7BMJU

Cav are SMASHING right now.

This is with a Banner of Swiftness which IS helping but even with a banner, pre 5.0 the unit would get bogged down nearly instantly and now.. it just mows them down.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gejnor posted:

Regional pricing has been very very weird this time around, in Europe and i presume US the total bundle is about 2-3 $€ less than SOC, but in South America the price is absurdly more expensive. Isn't Australia also usually a bit more expensive than EU/NA?

Not sure if its a mistake or just SEGA/CA being extra greedy.

Yes but they're priced relatively. This isn't a whoopsie. They didn't make a conversion error. Is it genuinely cheaper in the US? What's the US price for all 3 lords with no discount applied?

Gejnor posted:

This is with a Banner of Swiftness which IS helping but even with a banner, pre 5.0 the unit would get bogged down nearly instantly and now.. it just mows them down.

Oh that's awesome. Cav the way they are in 3k is great. Are they weaker in sustained melee to make up for that?

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 30, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

$8.99 each, bundle is $22.92

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yes but they're priced relatively. This isn't a whoopsie. They didn't make a conversion error. Is it genuinely cheaper in the US? What's the US price for all 3 lords with no discount applied?

Oh that's awesome. Cav the way they are in 3k is great. Are they weaker in sustained melee to make up for that?

Can't speak for the US, but heres the price in the EU:

and heres Fanatical's reduction:

Actually kind of not, but they are in Karl's Army which buffs them a lot.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Erm, sorry. Compared to price of the previous DLC. Just the price alone tells me nothing.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Erm, sorry. Compared to price of the previous DLC. Just the price alone tells me nothing.

Oh, uh sec..

So a smidge cheaper if you buy the bundle compared to last time.

I still haven't gotten Shadows of Cringe.. it is much better looking now but they barely did anything to the faction mechanics so i just don't care as much. I'll get it when its on a 50% off sale which will be.. like after next DLC drop or something.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

well I hit a bug with Elspeth that's kinda ruined my campaign for me. At a certain point I can't end my turn anymore. I've had that happen before and it's generally because an event isn't firing properly, and reloading your turn fixes it, but in this case it's related to the gunnery school. When I upgrade to tier 3 there's an event related to the amethyst workshop that doesn't spawn an event but makes me unable to end my turn. I reloaded and tried multiple times and every time I become unable to end my turn. My choice seems to be just not upgrading the workshop anymore, which is no fun. I want to play with the cool units.

Hey, was watching Janet On Occasion doing a Malakai stream and he had this same bug (I always thought it was my mods lol) and he claims if you reload your last end turn save and then spam your escape key as it comes around to your turn it can sometimes unfuck itself but he also said that this could take like 50 attempts, but he did manage it with his stream.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
So have they improved everybody's cavalry or only The Empire? Don't see anything sbout this in the latest patch notes. Only some improvements to chasing units. Would be a good thing, cavalry always felt very underwhelming in my experience.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rolled up Mannfred no problem in the Realm of Chaos as Elspeth. One of her signature level-up skills is reducing the enemy's healing cap, and while it's hard to measure the effect that has exactly, it's definitely pointed straight at Sylvania.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Q-sixtysix posted:

Turning off all my mods helped with the magic item thing, idk

Had the same issue, after going through Steam a bit it looks like the rotate characters mod is the culprit

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They $15 each or $38 for all three in Australia. I got all three because I was going to spend $30 anyway, but that's pretty pricey still. I remember when the lord packs with bunch of stuff were $15 and a whole new faction was $30 :corsair:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gejnor posted:

Oh, uh sec..

So a smidge cheaper if you buy the bundle compared to last time.

I still haven't gotten Shadows of Cringe.. it is much better looking now but they barely did anything to the faction mechanics so i just don't care as much. I'll get it when its on a 50% off sale which will be.. like after next DLC drop or something.

I'm not fully awake yet so I'm prepared to have made some kind of stupid mistake here but...

My math tells me that 85% of 24.99 euros is 21.2415 euros. Which is less than 22.92 euros.

It's not less expensive in Europe without a discount.

Or to do it another way 3*8.99=26.97 which is 1.98 more than 24.99. This DLC is objectively more expensive at every level than the previous DLC which fans blasted for being too expensive.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 30, 2024

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Here's a full comparison in USD:

So the bundle is slightly less expensive than SoC. But I don't think they ever promised that it wouldn't be? The new DLC approach was going to start after Thrones of Decay, because they were already too far into ToD to change course, but that's why they split it up as a stopgap, so that people wouldn't have to pay the full price if they didn't want all the lords.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
quote not edit

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twigand Berries posted:

Hey, was watching Janet On Occasion doing a Malakai stream and he had this same bug (I always thought it was my mods lol) and he claims if you reload your last end turn save and then spam your escape key as it comes around to your turn it can sometimes unfuck itself but he also said that this could take like 50 attempts, but he did manage it with his stream.

Interesting, I'll give that a shot if it happens again! I just ended up starting a new campaign.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, turns out Malakai gets Ulrika.

I don't know if she's been ported to all dwarfs or just him, but as if Malakai wasn't strong enough now he gets a full caster legendary hero as well.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
makes sense, malakai, ulrika, felix, and gotrek are all lore buddies from the same series

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

I'm not fully awake yet so I'm prepared to have made some kind of stupid mistake here but...

My math tells me that 85% of 24.99 euros is 21.2415 euros. Which is less than 22.92 euros.

It's not less expensive in Europe without a discount.

Or to do it another way 3*8.99=26.97 which is 1.98 more than 24.99. This DLC is objectively more expensive at every level than the previous DLC which fans blasted for being too expensive.

I mean the bundle is always discounted down to 22.92 from what ive understood so it is still cheaper.

Without a discount it'd be 27 euroes nearly but this discount is not, from what ive understood, time sensitive like the "pre-order" discounts used to be.

This discount always comes into effect if you buy all three lords from what i've understood, regardless of time elapsed between buying the 1st, 2nd and finally 3rd lord? If this is incorrect that would be a cause for irritation at the very least which i can understand but otherwise it just means the new price is effectively 22.92 euroes which is still lower than 24.99 euroes.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Maybe I'm over obsessing on the new grudge system but I'm in this sort of frustrated place where I'm doing well and the order tide is starting up and I absolutely hate it because the dawi will riot if they aren't kept just the right kind of unhappy.

Basically I think I need to either declare a bunch of wars early so bad guy settlements can get more grudges, and maybe even just take take a lovely province I don't want so somebody can take it back and get mad book entries in the process?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Caidin posted:

Maybe I'm over obsessing on the new grudge system but I'm in this sort of frustrated place where I'm doing well and the order tide is starting up and I absolutely hate it because the dawi will riot if they aren't kept just the right kind of unhappy.

Basically I think I need to either declare a bunch of wars early so bad guy settlements can get more grudges, and maybe even just take take a lovely province I don't want so somebody can take it back and get mad book entries in the process?

Yeah it's hard to max grudges.

I think you're not supposed to obsess over it. If things go against you, it let's you slingshot back. But if you're winning do you really need those insta units? Kind of need them for confederation though I guess...

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Caidin posted:

Nah, you're right, the grudge rework is fantastic, but needs one more balance and tweak pass. It is 100% directionally correct and just has some fuckedness around rates of gain, requirements, and where they are being generated from. They should let you diplo grudge settling since that is 100% canonical, but maybe have it cause some Grumbling debuff for control for a bit or w/e if you really wanna balance it out. "Look Franz, I know we're in a Military Alliance, by 476 years ago your people mined some surface ore from a mountain that belong to a hold. 1000 gold for those 37 grudges, please and thank you." poo poo man, make grudges trade as trade goods that actually deplete so you just get more gold off them from friendlies until they are gone. There, solved it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hewerpilled and grudgemaxxing

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gejnor posted:

I mean the bundle is always discounted down to 22.92 from what ive understood so it is still cheaper.

Without a discount it'd be 27 euroes nearly but this discount is not, from what ive understood, time sensitive like the "pre-order" discounts used to be.

This discount always comes into effect if you buy all three lords from what i've understood, regardless of time elapsed between buying the 1st, 2nd and finally 3rd lord? If this is incorrect that would be a cause for irritation at the very least which i can understand but otherwise it just means the new price is effectively 22.92 euroes which is still lower than 24.99 euroes.

Spend your money how you want and feel however you want about it but you don't need to twist yourself into a pretzel to convince yourself that a lovely company isn't loving with you, which CA absolutely is.

I'll probably even get the Elspeth one myself when it goes on sale. I was in the middle of a fun empire campaign which I'll probably have to scrap now :(

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
earned that title, i see

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I've bought most of this game's DLCs on Fanatical but this one says the keys won't activate in the US. What da hell

Gejnor posted:

That's pretty nuts. Maybe that video is an outlier but even Medi 2's broken-rear end cavalry isn't on this level.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

toasterwarrior posted:

earned that title, i see

If you mean mine, then thank you.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

still not as good as Troy chariots were at launch

https://v.redd.it/5mlc167ypmh51/DASH_720.mp4

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is there any difference between getting stats like a plain + as a skill versus getting stats through things like permanent passive abilities like Evasion? Do the passive abilities only show up in battle or something? Does that matter?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'm not sure if it's as bad in Australia, but NZ gets absolutely reamed when it comes to regional pricing. Like if I buy a legit steam key off a third party site but with European pricing, in some cases it's up to 60% cheaper than buying in NZ$ on steam. Dragon's dogma 2 is 140 god drat dollars. I pretty much never buy direct from steam unless it's a sub-$40 game.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is there any difference between getting stats like a plain + as a skill versus getting stats through things like permanent passive abilities like Evasion? Do the passive abilities only show up in battle or something? Does that matter?

Yeah they only show up on the battlefield. No it doesn't matter.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JBP posted:

They $15 each or $38 for all three in Australia. I got all three because I was going to spend $30 anyway, but that's pretty pricey still. I remember when the lord packs with bunch of stuff were $15 and a whole new faction was $30 :corsair:

It's $33 aud on Fanatical which is a good discount on the $45 aud full price.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Spend your money how you want and feel however you want about it but you don't need to twist yourself into a pretzel to convince yourself that a lovely company isn't loving with you, which CA absolutely is.

I'll probably even get the Elspeth one myself when it goes on sale. I was in the middle of a fun empire campaign which I'll probably have to scrap now :(

Dunno, it's cheaper than SoC for me and I don't have to buy all the lords I won't play if I don't want so. Seems good to me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tamurkhan is fun

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Can we get away from discussing the pricing because I feel like my brain is dribbling out my ears. Thanks.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

sounds like you're a nurgle now

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hot drat, these rot knights

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

You're an odd one. Oh well.

Vargs posted:

I've bought most of this game's DLCs on Fanatical but this one says the keys won't activate in the US. What da hell

That's pretty nuts. Maybe that video is an outlier but even Medi 2's broken-rear end cavalry isn't on this level.

Its the Banner of Swiftness, without it Reiksguard do about as well as before, though slightly better.

But Shock Cav seems to scale insanely well now if you can get your hands on some Acceleration and increased Speed.

As an example, Grail Knights in Lance formation do way better now than they did before, just don't use them with Grail Guardians on the charge as when i tested that they get in eachothers way and stop the Knights from plowing through things. Something to do with the Lances (Knights) vs Swords (Guardians) i figure. If you must use both, have the Guardians as your anvils rather than another cycle charge unit.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

If I buy one lord now and later decide to get the others, will I get the bundle discount then, or does it only apply if you buy all three up front?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sega 32X posted:

If I buy one lord now and later decide to get the others, will I get the bundle discount then, or does it only apply if you buy all three up front?

Supposedly yes.

quote:

Thrones of Decay will be available to buy as a complete bundle at a discounted rate of $22.92/£19.10/€22.92.
Each individual pack will be available to purchase for $8.99/£7.49/€8.99 per pack.
If you purchase the packs individually on Steam, you’ll receive a 15% discount on the remaining packs when you complete your collection.

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/blogs/8

If this turns out not to be the case then i will gladly agree CA is doing some loving with us.