Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Herb jones is the best player on the pels. They need to build around him and Murphy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Herb is on a criminally cheap deal there is no way they move him unless a superstar is heading their way

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Where was all this trade-for-Trae energy during BYOGM is what I wanna know :mad:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Pacers are garbage, and Haliburton getting any all nba nods will be a sham, he's been worse longer than good this season

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm assuming the league and Morey specifically are ready to pounce on NO the second they get wind that BI is available?

Ingram was available at this year’s draft and throughout the season.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mean Baby posted:

Yeah Ingram makes sense for Philly. It would need to be a 3-way because NOP is going to want players back. Wonder if ATL anf NOP would do Trae for Ingram?

Supposedly, the FO really dislike Trae so that is less likely to happen. I think ATL wants more than Ingram in return, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mean Baby posted:

Honestly, just run Zion at Center and get another 3 and D wing with Jones and Murphy and they might be cooking.

I’d rather Zion play on the wing and get a versatile big, tbh.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Pels:
Clint Capela
Trae Young

Hawks:
Brandon Ingram
Herb Jones

Pels get a second center and a true partner in the offense with Trae. They get to move on from BI's contract. They clear up space for Jordan Hawkins to move up.

Hawks get defense upgrade, and they get to roll the dice on if BI can improve.

Pels will not include Herb in a trade for anything less than a top 20 player.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rivetz posted:

Where was all this trade-for-Trae energy during BYOGM is what I wanna know :mad:

I’m still mad I didn’t win BYOGM 6

1. Jamal Murray
2. Jaylen Brown
3. OG Anunoby
4. Mitchell Robinson
5. Ivica Zubac

With my rookie selection: Anthony Edwards

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
No spacing with Robinson and Zubac.

e: also lol

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1785484209345155338

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

4 and 5 refers to what picks I used for them; they were intended to get 24mpg each, not share the court. OG would play the 4

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

I’m still mad I didn’t win BYOGM 6

1. Jamal Murray
2. Jaylen Brown
3. OG Anunoby
4. Mitchell Robinson
5. Ivica Zubac

With my rookie selection: Anthony Edwards

i signed ant in RickLeague as a rookie too and then he waited till he drafted wemby to make it easier to use keepers on rookies. im not saying its fixed but follow the money

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Kibner posted:

Pels will not include Herb in a trade for anything less than a top 20 player.

Yall can keep Herb and we can keep Trae and we can both be disappointed again next year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

herb fits way easier on a championship roster than trae does so i think weirdly that he is a more valuable player. hes so cool dude get herbpilled if you can

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Anyone have a win probability graph for the New York Philly game? The sequence of 4 point play into missing a free throw into not fouling into bombing a three was absurd.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ghost Dog posted:

herb fits way easier on a championship roster than trae does so i think weirdly that he is a more valuable player. hes so cool dude get herbpilled if you can

i dont think this is a weird take. it’s kinda obvious

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/brettsiegelnba/status/1785407135574118671

It's happening

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lebron Curry and Durant in Golden State is negative vibes territory

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Harlock posted:

Yes but LeBron on the Warriors would break monkeu's brain, so it'd be worth it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Harlock posted:

i bet that team would make the play in for sure

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Tae posted:

The Pacers are garbage, and Haliburton getting any all nba nods will be a sham, he's been worse longer than good this season

Yeah that really sucked rear end. Embarrassing playing, embarrassing coaching, just embarrassing all around. It’s not getting any easier for you, idiots!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Traxis posted:

Yes but LeBron on the Warriors would break monkeu's brain, so it'd be worth it

If a Lebron Warriors gets swept out of the first round, will monkeu still call him LeSwept? A zen koan for our modern age

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cavs

are good, but probably need to fire JB after the season

and not sign Lebron and draft Bronny

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can’t wait for LeBron to hand pick his own super team again and still lose every year

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It would be really cool and funny if Steph, LeBron, and KD tried to make a superteam that still lost in the first round

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Zach Lowe had this bit about the upcoming Maxey contract negotiations with the 76ers, and it was basically Rich Paul telling Morey to shut up and hand over all of the money plus a player option in the last year. Yeah, that’s what needs to happen. You don’t gently caress around here. Maxey is amazing.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hooray go Cavs you didn't suck today

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So is this a contract rejig, player option thing or is that’s that? I can’t remember if he has already cashed in his player option or not.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
If LeBron wants to come play for the Warriors, I am generous enough to forgive him all of his past transgressions

I’m not sure that team would be any good though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a steph/kd/lebron warriors team woulda been really good in 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

toggle posted:

So is this a contract rejig, player option thing or is that’s that? I can’t remember if he has already cashed in his player option or not.

That particular tweet is a guy probably making poo poo up.

But LeBron could opt out and get a no trade clause and try to time his deal to the next TV contract, or of course go somewhere else. That's why most people think that will happen. He can technically get more right now with an extension of his current deal but he would not be able to add the NTC and potentially miss out on a giant deal down the road.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

rjmccall posted:

If LeBron wants to come play for the Warriors, I am generous enough to forgive him all of his past transgressions

I’m not sure that team would be any good though
The Warriors aren't gonna be any good for a while so why not have some fun on the way out.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Bring back Poole too. Double down on the comedy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Lebron truly wants to surpass MJ he’ll go to the Wizards and guide them to a championship

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
Lebron should retire. There is no shame in the way the Lakers season ended and he has achieved everything anyone could have ever asked of him in his career. He could even probably go GM for Charlotte and draft his own Kwame Brown type guy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

A Perfect Twist posted:

Lebron should retire. There is no shame in the way the Lakers season ended and he has achieved everything anyone could have ever asked of him in his career. He could even probably go GM for Charlotte and draft his own Kwame Brown type guy.

If he still likes playing basketball he should keep doing it because he's still doing it at a very high level.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

lebron isn't gonna retire until a team he didn't play for retires his number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Rick posted:

But LeBron could opt out and get a no trade clause and try to time his deal to the next TV contract, or of course go somewhere else. That's why most people think that will happen. He can technically get more right now with an extension of his current deal but he would not be able to add the NTC and potentially miss out on a giant deal down the road.

This is the most logical outcome. Lebron sees that massive TV deal coming up and wants in, and another 1+1 gets him there.