Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Google Butt posted:

drat that's crazy ur telling me the pro israel side threw bombs into the pro Palestine encampment while the ones with the ability to stop it look on and shrug? where have I seen this before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

now check 2020, the election that mattered for today

okay

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1255991900307361799
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1299380449991680000
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1306343409624514560
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1311095095215689728

????

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Google Butt posted:

drat that's crazy ur telling me the pro israel side threw bombs into the pro Palestine encampment while the ones with the ability to stop it look on and shrug? where have I seen this before

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

it's been awhile since ive visited obama's poo poo and

lol, lmao

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
The local reporting on the UCLA encampment is insane. Their capacity to claim one thing using videos that show nothing of the sort is actually astounding; the demonstrators are "blocking" Jewish students as a combative Zionist screams that he be allowed into the camp instead of simply walking around it because he wants to use that entrance (because it's the only one that would take him directly through their camp), Zionist fascist squads beating demonstrators and throwing powerful fireworks into crowds being implied to be simple "brawling" or having the perpetrators go unmentioned, and so on. It couldn't be more obvious from the video they're showing what is happening: fascist thugs are attacking demonstrators, have already caused serious injuries, are openly carrying clubs and baseball bats, and doing everything in their power to provoke fights, and this is accompanied by commentary suggesting that, at its "fairest", the situation has become mutual fighting, or that the demonstrators are driving the breakdown of order. I'm used to hearing lies, but to see them transposed over video evidence disproving them still manages to drive me insane.

Heading down to UCLA to show my support tomorrow, and I'm hoping there'll be an outpouring of support for May Day.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Tzen posted:

it's been awhile since ive visited obama's poo poo and

lol, lmao

i saw this scene in one of the Palestinian music videos

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

both siding the assault at UCLA is the kind of chickenshit I’d expect from cable news

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

https://twitter.com/rnaudbertrand/status/1785513515064938925?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

:sbahj:

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

In NYC tonight and that was the craziest poo poo I’ve ever seen. Massive show of force from the cops, tightly coordinated.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

studio mujahideen posted:

why would that make it more okay than just changing his mind for the better. why do you need to be apologized to lol

My whole point is that it isn't clear that he's actually changed his mind. Unfortunately, it is entirely possible for people to simultaneously believe "Biden is a bad person who supports genocide" and "but it is vitally important that we support him in the election to defeat Trump."

(And maybe he has said something like this! All I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to assume that his condemnations of Biden alone correspond to a lack of support for him, since "condemning Democrats while also insisting people support them as Lesser Evil" is an extremely common pattern and one it probably makes sense to expect from Eli until he actually directly says otherwise)

And despite all of those cartoons, he told people they needed to vote for Biden, and even believed it important to vote for him in New York.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 09:59 on May 1, 2024

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
new york, 2024

israel, 202X

rko
Jul 12, 2017
e: missed earlier post on this, tho I’ll keep the link to the daily bruin’s thread

https://x.com/dailybruin/status/1785597003122065861

rko has issued a correction as of 10:56 on May 1, 2024

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
pigs dispersing the encampment at UCLA

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCabassa_/status/1785606963478536621

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCabassa_/status/1785609025021001816

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

rko posted:

meanwhile, UCLA seemingly let zionists go wild tonight; the police only just arrived after hours of this, and it seems like they haven’t even really stopped the counterprotestors from attacking the encampment.

https://x.com/mel_buer/status/1785550864809337280

https://x.com/dailybruin/status/1785597003122065861

It became so egregious that KTLA, which has been firmly in the Zionist propaganda camp since things kicked off, had a reporter reacting with shock and horror to the proceedings. Police pulled back to allow the fascist thugs to attack demonstrators, over a dozen high-power fireworks, the variety used for actual commercial displays, were fired into the camp or thrown as grenades to explode on the ground, and anyone trying to interfere with these attacks were hit with bear spray. One demonstrator was thrown to the ground and viciously kicked for trying to disarm them. This is a scene straight from the Weimar Republic; fascist gangs acting with impunity with naked police complicity.

Of course, I expect that this blatant assault on the demonstration will be made into a justification for a second assault by police come morning.

Edit: I posted too soon. As noted above, they didn't even wait until then. God drat the LAPD, the Zionists, and their collaborators.

The Easy Rider has issued a correction as of 11:06 on May 1, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

exmarx posted:

israel, 202X

Also 2024, allah willing

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

The Easy Rider posted:

It became so egregious that KTLA, which has been firmly in the Zionist propaganda camp since things kicked off, had a reporter reacting with shock and horror to the proceedings. Police pulled back to allow the fascist thugs to attack demonstrators, over a dozen high-power fireworks, the variety used for actual commercial displays, were fired into the camp or thrown as grenades to explode on the ground, and anyone trying to interfere with these attacks were hit with bear spray. One demonstrator was thrown to the ground and viciously kicked for trying to disarm them. This is a scene straight from the Weimar Republic; fascist gangs acting with impunity with naked police complicity.

Of course, I expect that this blatant assault on the demonstration will be made into a justification for a second assault by police come morning.

Edit: I posted too soon. As noted above, they didn't even wait until then. God drat the LAPD, the Zionists, and their collaborators.

They are sowing the wind, they will reap the whirlwind.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, the way they are going about things really doesn't communicate strength. What started as a couple kids on campus spiraled wildly out of control within the span of little more than a week at this point. Usually you don't have such a coordinated response to protests unless you were worried.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TeresaWatanabe/status/1785580909795942766?t=HaY6M-vSxEfm8fPEeibhHA&s=19

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

the only thing goons love throwing out more than the bathwater is the crotchspawn

First of all, "crotchspawn?" Really?

Second, this exact conflict between confrontation and compromise is likely the most significant within the broader left as it exists (in the US).

There were a lot of people on the left who were swindled by the devil's bargain with Biden in 2020.

It's important before we move forward together for those people to express contrition and disavow those tactics. Anyone in the movement needs to explicitly own the idea that such methods are a dead end - literally.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1785516507000140002?t=z4G5ruzwfyGUI7uYMvr6vQ&s=19

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

First of all, "crotchspawn?" Really?

:tviv:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

so its ok for zionist students to violently assault human students but not the other way around huh?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Al-Saqr posted:

so its ok for zionist students to violently assault human students but not the other way around huh?

by American law enforcement convention, yes, exactly so

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Al-Saqr posted:

This is the same playbook the great satan has used for other protests as well...

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

americans love fascism but i don't think that will be enough to save biden's reelection

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is because the US took off the "glove/mask etc etc" and is becoming the openly fascist state it has always really been. It is that the protests very clearly found a pressure point and you are getting a very clear response.

But as most fascist regimes, it doesn't really rest on the donors/politicians/cops/talking heads, but middle class people at home who are chill with all of this.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
imagine if people had protested like this over rampant inflation

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: Eric Adams is on CBS right now saying the protests were fronts for multiple terrorist organizations and that because they occupied a building this was different than when he protested South African apartheid because they never did anything like that!

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 12:43 on May 1, 2024

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If deputized thugs use violence against a peaceful protest then it’s not “peaceful” anymore and the cops will shut it down 👍

The complete pantsing of all international law and the “rules based order” the US has been engaging in has come home. Making a mockery of decades of posturing about freedom and democracy all to protect a sickening genocide. Really what can you even say

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Ardennes posted:

It is because the US took off the "glove/mask etc etc" and is becoming the openly fascist state it has always really been. It is that the protests very clearly found a pressure point and you are getting a very clear response.

But as most fascist regimes, it doesn't really rest on the donors/politicians/cops/talking heads, but middle class people at home who are chill with all of this.

I’ll put some blame on the talking heads for propagandizing the middle class. both the right wing nutjobs and the publications that Both Sides with them.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Indeed. Two weeks of campus occupation has accomplished more than months of street marches.

Now it's time to decide how hard to press on that vulnerability and what to do in response to the inevitable lockdown.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I wonder if we will see January 6th style charges against people.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Joseph Robinette Biden is a genocidal fascist

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al-Saqr posted:

Yes. This is standard operating procedure in American history. Police directly working with far-right militant groups to crack down on the left.

And of course there is major overlap between the two

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I wonder if we will see January 6th style charges against people.

Almost certainly

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

That was the most hosed up thing I’ve seen in ages, Columbia was one thing and I was prepared for that level of response but to have the cops just mosey on down to the campus knowing that was happening is just scary at its core. That situation could have escalated *far* beyond what it did and I’m just thankful that it didn’t.

What the hell is going on anymore

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
gently caress the pigs
gently caress the united states
gently caress israel

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pink Mist posted:

I’ll put some blame on the talking heads for propagandizing the middle class. both the right wing nutjobs and the publications that Both Sides with them.

The system is designed to work a certain way, but it wouldn't exist as it is unless there were people who deep down will put up with anything as long as they enjoy their style of comfort. It is clear the American middle class is rapidly shrinking and I think it is actually slowly turning opinion, but it isn't enough at this point.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

This looks like that raid on the Branch Davidians compound.

Not even the NYPD are as incompetent as the people who attempted to raid them before the FBI; the ATF are their own special kind of incompetent

When they first tried to raid the compound, they brought news crews along with them and got lost on the way. The person they asked for directions was a mailman who through some insane coincidence happened to be Koresh's brother. When the ATF got their for their surprise raid they realized everyone there knew they were coming, had barricaded and armed themselves, and decided to attack anyway. Four ATF officers were killed in the attack, and they eventually had to retreat.

They originally claimed that the four officers were all shot and killed by snipers. This is from memory, but independent researchers decided that based on the ammo, that wasn't possible. One of the guys was shot by another ATF agent, one accidentally shot himself, and another didn't have gunshot wounds and appears to have just fallen off the roof.

And that's on the first day. There were 51 more days, and the whole time the FBI was terrified white nationalist groups were going to descend north and pin them against them compound. All on live television.

Waco was absolute loving insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

VoicesCanBe posted:

Joseph Robinette Biden is a genocidal fascist

he also loves rape and raping