Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A Perfect Twist posted:

Lebron should retire. There is no shame in the way the Lakers season ended and he has achieved everything anyone could have ever asked of him in his career.

Guy never even won a dunk contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I thought this was a pretty interesting question.

I don't think Houston would be good enough with LeBron, but there other teams would probably be top 3 teams.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tae posted:

The Pacers are garbage, and Haliburton getting any all nba nods will be a sham, he's been worse longer than good this season

A modern day Brandon Jennings. He will only be remembered by his first 25 games.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

Zach Lowe had this bit about the upcoming Maxey contract negotiations with the 76ers, and it was basically Rich Paul telling Morey to shut up and hand over all of the money plus a player option in the last year. Yeah, that’s what needs to happen. You don’t gently caress around here. Maxey is amazing.

Seems obvious now that Maxey is who you build around, given he's 6 years younger than Embiid. I don't feel like "pretend the boat I'm on isn't sinking" is a winning negotiation strategy. Embiid is 30 and not going to get more durable as time goes on.

Is Morey a good executive? Seems like the moves he is known for are 1) trading for James Harden, and 2) waiting for other executives/owners to get impatient.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Major Operation posted:

Seems obvious now that Maxey is who you build around, given he's 6 years younger than Embiid. I don't feel like "pretend the boat I'm on isn't sinking" is a winning negotiation strategy. Embiid is 30 and not going to get more durable as time goes on.

Is Morey a good executive? Seems like the moves he is known for are 1) trading for James Harden, and 2) waiting for other executives/owners to get impatient.
Building around Maxey would make a better team. Would they be more successful? Maybe not. But it wouldn't be such a up and down experience.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Major Operation posted:

Is Morey a good executive? Seems like the moves he is known for are 1) trading for James Harden

For peanuts, twice.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
1. Lebron is still a top....15? 20? guy. Lakers had a disappointing year but Lebron still absolutely did his job and all signs point to him being able to do that next year.

2. Maxey deserves the max but we know what a 76ers team built around Maxey looks like and it's not very good. I don't think they should blow things up. Embiid + Maxey and then see what they can put together.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lockback posted:

2. Maxey deserves the max but we know what a 76ers team built around Maxey looks like and it's not very good. I don't think they should blow things up. Embiid + Maxey and then see what they can put together.

I don't think we know how a team built around Maxey looks. The current team is built around Embiid (well actually i don't think the 23-24 team is built around anyone Morey kept most of his powder dry for this offseason)

I also don't think it has to be a "build around Maxey" or "build around Embiid" choice. The pieces you're going to want for both of them are very similar, and the #2 option for either of those teams should be the other person on those teams (embiid is a good #2 in a build around maxey situation, and vice versa).

I don't think Daryl has to do much differently from a roster construction standpoint. Get a legitimately good wing player, and some role players with bounce that can cut and/or hit open looks on drive and kicks, and some defensive hustle pests.

It's Nurse that has to change. The offense needs to stop going to slow Joel post ups so much. The team looked best when it was playing almost like how Spo plays through Bam (quick entries to the nail/FT area and Embiid makes quick decisions to get it back out or to a cutter) in addition to the Maxey/Embiid DHO game. Less pick and rolls to get embiid going, more sets where Maxey is the primary option.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/malika_andrews/status/1785521253937459289?s=46

Pacers…

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

aBagorn posted:

It's Nurse that has to change. The offense needs to stop going to slow Joel post ups so much. The team looked best when it was playing almost like how Spo plays through Bam (quick entries to the nail/FT area and Embiid makes quick decisions to get it back out or to a cutter) in addition to the Maxey/Embiid DHO game. Less pick and rolls to get embiid going, more sets where Maxey is the primary option.

Is Embiid capable of making those quick decisions, though? Some guys just aren't.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

aBagorn posted:

I don't think we know how a team built around Maxey looks. The current team is built around Embiid (well actually i don't think the 23-24 team is built around anyone Morey kept most of his powder dry for this offseason)

I also don't think it has to be a "build around Maxey" or "build around Embiid" choice. The pieces you're going to want for both of them are very similar, and the #2 option for either of those teams should be the other person on those teams (embiid is a good #2 in a build around maxey situation, and vice versa).

I don't think Daryl has to do much differently from a roster construction standpoint. Get a legitimately good wing player, and some role players with bounce that can cut and/or hit open looks on drive and kicks, and some defensive hustle pests.

Yeah I agree with this. Featuring Maxey more is fine, but I think if you jettison Embiid you're going to be in the cellar for the foreseeable future. I think the 76ers have a bunch of paths forward but I think they all should be with Maxey + Embiid.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's crazy how much better the bucks defense is when they don't even have to think about hiding dame

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/JWeinbachNBA/status/1785519784693551545

pacers really botched their shot smh

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Kibner posted:

Is Embiid capable of making those quick decisions, though? Some guys just aren't.

He's not Jokic. He's not Sabonis or Sengun. He's not going to be the best playmaker/facilitator on the floor (or if he is i question that lineup)

But yes, he can. It shouldn't be the overwhelming majority of sets but hes been making a lot of good reads (especially after coming back from injury) this season and I think for him the quicker he makes the decision the better. Most of his turnovers early last game were simply because his passing touch was either too hard or too soft, not because he wasn't seeing the floor.

Late game he was pressing too hard and not making the quick decisions and allowing the knicks to read him and he also tried to force going to the rim too much (when maxey was cooking and they were getting a TON of good looks in the third quarter by having him do the quick pass out of the double).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Says there dame might come back to give the pacers the win though?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

I keep coming back to this and laughing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

4 and 5 refers to what picks I used for them; they were intended to get 24mpg each, not share the court. OG would play the 4

Oh well that was counterintuitive but makes sense. Solid team then.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

it bugs me when people say someone shot from 'the logo' when the logo takes up like a third of the court. if youre closer to the three point line than the center it shouldnt count

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

JackBandit posted:

Anyone have a win probability graph for the New York Philly game? The sequence of 4 point play into missing a free throw into not fouling into bombing a three was absurd.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

dokmo posted:

I thought this was a pretty interesting question.

I don't think Houston would be good enough with LeBron, but there other teams would probably be top 3 teams.

Sacramento is such an easy choice here. It’s the only one where he wouldn’t have to take on the lead scoring or ball handling role to actually improve the team. His current game would fit perfectly and he wouldn’t displace anyone that affects how the team currently functions.

Miami would probably be good too as long as everyone stayed healthy.

Houston and Orlando would still need some young guys to make the leap to be legit contenders.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Blind Pineapple posted:

Sacramento is such an easy choice here. It’s the only one where he wouldn’t have to take on the lead scoring or ball handling role to actually improve the team. His current game would fit perfectly and he wouldn’t displace anyone that affects how the team currently functions.

That was my thought as soon as the talk about him leaving the Lakers started. If he wants to go out with the potential of one more big story (helping to bring a championship to a team that never has), he would fit very well with the Kings. Of course the Kings can't afford to pay him and he has no attachment to Sacramento, so that's not happening.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

mistermojo posted:

it bugs me when people say someone shot from 'the logo' when the logo takes up like a third of the court. if youre closer to the three point line than the center it shouldnt count

There has definitely been logo inflation and the league needs to step in and set a standardized size.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

They definitely blew a golden opportunity but I think they can still take game 6. They had plenty of regular season success against the Bucks with Giannis+Dame playing (though Giannis individually destroyed them) and there's probably a rust factor there. But yeah I think if Milwaukee takes game 6 it's over for the Pacers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Light the Lebeam

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm probably all alone in this but I would have major misgivings about LeBron as he crosses 40. I was going to mount an argument about him hitting some kind of injury risk threshold and how this is uncharted territory for anyone that age steamrolling to the rim on a regular basis but I don't have the balls to die on that hill. He's loving LeBron and I do not dare

RandomHodge posted:

I think if Milwaukee takes game 6 it's over for the Pacers.
This hill on the other hand,

rivetz fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 1, 2024

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LeBrons first nba game was in Sacramento it should be where is last is as well

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/1784635435353788659

Can't wait to see the one for tonight

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe read that tweet twice

temple
Jul 29, 2006

morestuff posted:

Maybe read that tweet twice
It's edited

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

This was me after every weekend

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1785706537304076694

this is an award? grats mike

e: these were the nominees

Harrison Barnes, Sacramento Kings
Mikal Bridges, Brooklyn Nets
Jalen Brunson, New York Knicks
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Denver Nuggets
Mike Conley, Minnesota Timberwolves
Markelle Fultz, Orlando Magic
Al Horford, Boston Celtics
T. J. McConnell, Indiana Pacers
Larry Nance Jr., New Orleans Pelicans
Georges Niang, Cleveland Cavaliers
Dwight Powell, Dallas Mavericks
Jalen Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Knew he was a shoe-in after he took out his own coach.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Teammate of the year?? He sent his coach to the hospital just last game!

I too think it would be neat for Lebron to go to the Magic but I thought the whole thing was "surround Lebron with shooting" and I have some news about the Orlando Magic

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PowerMizzoucom/status/1785695707145412924

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

We need to ban all Porters until we figure out what is going on. Ban Bobby Portis also just to be safe.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Once upon a time, they were nobody's love
Now they have 'em all on the run
The Wolves have pulled it off,
A Total Eclipse of the Suns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Today is the day the Wolves Ownership goes to mediation too.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Is MPJ the black sheep for not doing anything like this

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Today is the day the Wolves Ownership goes to mediation too.

Taylor is going to stonewall and the mediation will fail. He wants to stall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Is MPJ the black sheep for not doing anything like this

Or he can just afford better fixers