Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I have it on good authority it's 5 digits for a decent kid. That may be nothing to Elon but he's hardly average -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9puOuTaGPc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1785357913634042012?t=PlljGaPPAAu7bF4CcYOS3A&s=19

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

drat that's pretty cool

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Could it be? The Lion of Drupal??

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hes so god drat epic

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
i dont believe him

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Why did he need a router if he just exposed his lovely server directly to the Internet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's not a server it just reads directly from an internet port and then writes the first directions and maps and yellow pages and white pages information back to it using C and a little C++ ok?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

withak posted:

I still don’t “get” Animal Teams

can we please start banning the trolls?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So someone figured out why taking the Cybertruck through a car wash is a warranty void and it’s because Tesla knows the car is terribly made and it’s their attempt at shifting blame to the dumbasses that buy them :laffo: but the issue that causes it is basically a ticking time bomb for any moderate rain storm

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1785358335971344432

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

that’s right. musk founded the internet as well. good observation.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Internet (the everything) was made for X (the everything app)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elon Musk founded Something Awful Dot Com

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shyduck posted:

it was stolen by the Usurper, Lowtax

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shyduck posted:

actually he created freerepublic.com and he's still a mod there

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
low tax came in with funding and then sued SA to list him as a founder. he even took the first post away from Elon

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So someone figured out why taking the Cybertruck through a car wash is a warranty void and it’s because Tesla knows the car is terribly made and it’s their attempt at shifting blame to the dumbasses that buy them :laffo: but the issue that causes it is basically a ticking time bomb for any moderate rain storm

The water problems don't start and end with cybertruk, their whole line has issues with water getting into places it shouldn't. It's absolutely insane that water in a trunk/frunk is tolerated by their owners. loving Yugos did not have this problem.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

how does car wash mode prevent this

what happens if it rains and you forget to run out to your truck and put it in rain mode

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

more FUD from woke shorts. this crybekrt is full of water because it broke when driving offroad epically and the owner had it taken apart and left outside in the rain

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if you forget to put it on carwash mode that is on you. it’s like when you forget to put your antenna down before heading in and it gets bent. That is your fault.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

uh, actually it needs to be watertight in order to function as a boat. checkmate, libtards

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
people are mad a badass car collects water that you can later use for drinking, wiping your kids' faces, or refilling your toilet? typical

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

become a mosquito farmer with your cybertruck today

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sleeping on the floor of the posting factory

concerning

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sleeping on the floor is ftw and she should have done it more

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If you're awake at work, you haven't done enough k at work!*

*offer only applies to musk. Everyone else gets fired for being lazy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I sleep on the floor. Do you?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's his factory! he's supposed to sleep there!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Homer Simpson: I sleep in a chair at my workstation during my shift.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Hatebag posted:

uh, actually it needs to be watertight in order to function as a boat. checkmate, libtards

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
just spray it with flex seal

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

a boat with a hole in it can serve briefly as a boat

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rubellavator posted:

Excellent question and since we're not Musk (who designed and built the car) I have to guess, and my guess is that it shuts down certain circuits so that those circuits don't short out while they are literally being soaked in water. I don't know what else it could be. It's not a transformer, it can't seal itself up.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rubellavator posted:

what happens if it rains and you forget to run out to your truck and put it in rain mode

it doesn't, it just closes all the windows, locks the charge port and disables windshield wipers, sentry mode, and walk-away door locking

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
has anyone ever forgotten to put cybertruck in epic mode?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

and he hasn't been fired!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

thathonkey posted:

has anyone ever forgotten to put cybertruck in epic mode?

impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science