Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ben told Blinken to go gently caress himself
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1785638176981143874?t=psIxcCoIK5BpNlFnB6FT3w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/CraigCaplan/status/1785637771844940163

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Maybe not all hope is lost in my hosed up country. Thanks to the university of Vienna and professors like Helmut Krieger. Sadly I missed the date, but I hope a transkript or video will be available later. Check out the applause for Francesca Albanese in the Instagram clip.

https://www.instagram.com/assom83/reel/C6Zgkl6CoKF/

The "Club of the Friends of Israel" and a right-wing tabloid threw a hissy fit. But Krieger dismissed their claims and pointed out the purely academic nature of the event. Smart.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

If the war is over hostages... why would a deal to return them not end the war? lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lol yeah its totally america thats powerless to stop israel america can do nothing against netanyahu aw shucks biden would love to stop the war but daddy netanyahu told him no :nallears:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Maybe selling them more bombs will convince them to stop the war. I am the geopolitics understander.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

exmarx posted:

extremely good interview with eylon levy's replacement

https://twitter.com/SMohyeddin/status/1784208344346919015

He is so astonishingly bad at this - completely unable to do anything but sit quietly while the questions are asked and then parrot back canned responses. No ability to dominate the interview or control the line of questioning.
I love to see it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

So much for their propaganda attempt to blame a lack of a deal on Hamas.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

exmarx posted:

"we've killed 13 thousand terrorists"

so they freely admit almost 2/3rds of the 34 thousand dead are civilian casualties

"Gold Standard"

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Found the article about the German school system, that I recently mentioned. It's from 2022, but worth a read.

https://www.972mag.com/germany-education-israel-narrative-palestinians/

quote:

“The word ‘Palestine’ was strictly forbidden in my classroom,” Daliah Vakili, a Palestinian German, recalled in an interview with +972 about her secondary education experience in the federal state of Lower Saxony. “Whenever I would mention that I was Palestinian, my teachers were outraged and said that I should refer to [Palestinians] as Jordanian,” she said. Vakili, now 35, was also reprimanded for wearing the black-and-white checkered keffiyeh, which one teacher referred to as a “terrorist scarf.”

quote:

Mariam, a 12th-grader in Saxony, told +972 that she was interrupted by a teacher when talking about her Palestinian background, and told that she was Israeli. “That was a really painful experience for me. My teacher implied my identity just didn’t exist,” she said.

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 13:38 on May 1, 2024

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

So much for their propaganda attempt to blame a lack of a deal on Hamas.

they're going to keep doing it anyway

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

lol yeah its totally america thats powerless to stop israel america can do nothing against netanyahu aw shucks biden would love to stop the war but daddy netanyahu told him no :nallears:

refusing to sell to sell arms to Israel would be authoritarian

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HallelujahLee posted:

they're going to keep doing it anyway

and it’s going to work

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Subjunctive posted:

and it’s going to work

Among the people who watch corporate media, perhaps. No one else will be fooled by this obvious, stupid propaganda.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Among the people who watch corporate media, perhaps. No one else will be fooled by this obvious, stupid propaganda.

that is basically everyone with power in the US, and most of the people without

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
turkey is joining south africas case against israel

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31585;&%231578;

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Al-Saqr posted:

turkey is joining south africas case against israel

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31585;&%231578;

oh cool, they are going to stop selling them energy, right?

right???

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Subjunctive posted:

that is basically everyone with power in the US, and most of the people without

Everyone with power for sure, but I'm not so sure about most of the people without. If that were the case, pro-Palestine protests would have vanished months ago. It's us versus the elites, and the elites are losing this battle quickly - that's why they're trying to put down the college protests so dramatically.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Everyone with power for sure, but I'm not so sure about most of the people without. If that were the case, pro-Palestine protests would have vanished months ago. It's us versus the elites, and the elites are losing this battle quickly - that's why they're trying to put down the college protests so dramatically.

They are losing it quickly relative to the speed of country wide change. Things are not going to get better for years. There will be years or decades of protests, arrests, etc. buckle up cause this won't just end overnight at some point.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If the war is over hostages... why would a deal to return them not end the war? lol

it's not over hostages. it's about vengeance

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Al-Saqr posted:

america cannot simply tell other countries what to do and remove their governments if they don't comply

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

It's a generational thing. The boomers are still broadly brainwashed by traditional media, but the younger you get the less anyone gives a poo poo about CNN. And the boomers may be gripping onto power with their lovely corpse hands but even they can't live forever

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hmm..

wait... oh wow -- Netanyahu is HAMAS??

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

and it’s going to work

maybe on the worst freaks and losers at top but they have lose the narrative with everyone else

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
from today's May Day rallies in the Philippines:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

"If you don't drop your demand to end the war we will continue the war".

This is how liberals negotiate.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Orange Devil posted:

"If you don't drop your demand to end the war we will continue the war".

This is how liberals negotiate.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HallelujahLee posted:

maybe on the worst freaks and losers at top but they have lose the narrative with everyone else

the worst freaks and losers includes everyone with a platform and all of their devotees, so you wont be hearing from normal people on this issue from anyone larger than a big account on twitter for years imo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

the worst freaks and losers includes everyone with a platform and all of their devotees, so you wont be hearing from normal people on this issue from anyone larger than a big account on twitter for years imo

Prob but at least the kids are alright

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Al! posted:

yeah thats the thing, we will win, but we are winning in like 2035 or 2045. Not any time soon.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Reading that 972 article and this definitely seems like it's not reminiscent of anything

quote:

The accusations were also ignited by an essay Glanz had written for his local teachers’ trade union (GEW) about his upbringing as a liberal Zionist and his shift to support BDS. The article, while undergoing editing, was leaked to Zionist groups who triggered an international storm against the publication. The GEW secretary received a flood of threats. Finally, the union bowed to the pressure and pulled Glanz’s article, destroying several hundred copies that were already in print before they reached anyone. The head of GEW, Marlis Tepe, wrote a letter of apology to the union.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Grem posted:

I hate this loving country

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Glanz

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

exmarx posted:

I love how he just says "civilian combatants" like that's a thing

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Grem posted:

I hate this loving country

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

I love how he just says "civilian combatants" like that's a thing

Well Israel has civilian solides, so of course the Palestinians are civilian combatants

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

KomradeX posted:

Well Israel has civilian solides, so of course the Palestinians are civilian combatants

IOF, police, and intelligence officers aside, I wonder how many of the Israeli 'civilians' killed on Oct 7 were armed militia?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yeah thats the thing, we will win, but we are winning in like 2035 or 2045. Not any time soon.

Our turn to slog through years of blood and lead.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/7gx7wv?update=2872227

quote:

Gaza filled with more debris and rubble than Ukraine: UN

The United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) says that the mammoth task of clearing Gaza’s debris is made all the more costly and dangerous by the sheer amount of asbestos and unexploded ordnance.

Nearly seven months into the war, UNMAS estimates the amount of debris in the Gaza Strip at 37 million tonnes in mid-April, or 300 kilogrammes per square metre.

“Gaza has more rubble than Ukraine, and to put that in perspective, the Ukrainian front line is 600 miles (nearly 1,000 kilometres) long, and Gaza is 25 miles (40 km) long,” said Mungo Birch, head of the UNMAS programme in the Palestinian territories.

But the volume of rubble is not the only problem, UNMAS said.

“This rubble is likely heavily contaminated with UXO (unexploded ordnance), but its clearance will be further complicated by other hazards in the rubble,” Birch told journalists in Geneva.

“There’s estimated to be over 800,000 tonnes of asbestos, for instance, alone in the Gaza rubble.” The cancer-causing mineral used in construction requires special precautions when handling.

It is generally estimated that 10 to 15 percent of the munitions fired do not explode on impact and therefore represent a lasting danger for civilian populations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Brown University managed to get their protestors to disband camp by promising a vote on divestment in October.

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1785640321638125664

Seems like a setup for a rug pull. Wait 5 months, vote no on divestment, maybe the protest wave is gone by then.