Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Butter Activities posted:

You state this with conviction, but ethnic cleansing/population transfer isn't an act that falls under the genocide convention.

lol remember when Russia evacuating children out of an active war zone was a super double mega genocide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
me holding up a lump of bog peat

mags
May 30, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

And yet my bag remains unfilled...?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Congrats lobster bitch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wishing selec luck in his diary shopping for the next 6 hours

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

congrats!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol remember when Russia evacuating children out of an active war zone was a super double mega genocide

Is this still illegal in the tankie ukraine thread

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speaking candidly i have been in an extremely dark place mentally this whole time so i am so, so relieved. what a feeling. wowie.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

You state this with conviction, but ethnic cleansing/population transfer isn't an act that falls under the genocide convention.

its amazing that someone can just have this opinion and not think of themselves as a vile cretin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

great feeling, what a relief. now the real Workday begins

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DaysBefore posted:

Is this still illegal in the tankie ukraine thread

lol the bbc ran a story about this when it first became a thing and they interviewed a child and they were like 'where did they take you!? Are you a prisoner being sent to siberia!?" and the child just said no they now live with their Ukrainian grandmother that lives in Moscow

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

boggers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lobster shirt posted:

gj guy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DaysBefore posted:

Congrats lobster bitch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A lot of d&d/gbs Ukraine posters keep saying poo poo like this.

Wonder why.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my start date is about a month out so now i am on hold to see if i can still claim unemployment during this period. there is a minimum number of job search activities i have to perform each week but it seems pointless to do this while i am just waiting for a background check to clear and stuff lol. guess we will see.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

bogratulations

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i cannot wait to fill everyones bag with money

mags
May 30, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

my start date is about a month out so now i am on hold to see if i can still claim unemployment during this period. there is a minimum number of job search activities i have to perform each week but it seems pointless to do this while i am just waiting for a background check to clear and stuff lol. guess we will see.

cant you just lie or do they track it

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

HOLY poo poo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

money in the bag (lobsters version)

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

GRATS

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

depending on your state you can log some real bullshit in there like working on your resume, learning a skill, etc. may as well pick up those stray hundos

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

i had to do this from a hospital bed for a month i just applied to 3 random positions and didnt bother following up

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mags posted:

me holding up a lump of bog peat

lobster shirt posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mags posted:

cant you just lie or do they track it

they dont actively track it but they do have the right to ask for it, and if you cant document it then you have to give the money back and potentially face prosecution. i have a very detailed spreadsheet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

Wow congrats

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DaysBefore posted:

Congrats lobster bitch

mags
May 30, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

they dont actively track it but they do have the right to ask for it, and if you cant document it then you have to give the money back and potentially face prosecution. i have a very detailed spreadsheet.

yeesh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Somebody has to fill tenderjerk's position. Why not libster

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
covid unemployment ruled because it was just clicking a button every 2 weeks to get money

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

refer me human being

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

money in the bag (lobsters version)

haha yeah! GET THAT MONEY!!!!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Hatebag posted:

bogratulations

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

covid unemployment ruled because it was just clicking a button every 2 weeks to get money

This is basically how Canadian unemployment works. Just some yes/no questions like 'were you willing to work in time period' and 'did you work in time period'. Lol at doing book reports on all my google job searches. Yes Mr. Bureaucrat, as you can see, on April 11th I typed 'jobs [my city]' at 1:42pm. Give me money now please'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

DaysBefore posted:

This is basically how Canadian unemployment works. Just some yes/no questions like 'were you willing to work in time period' and 'did you work in time period'. Lol at doing book reports on all my google job searches. Yes Mr. Bureaucrat, as you can see, on April 11th I typed 'jobs [my city]' at 1:42pm. Give me money now please'

this would be nice but here its designed to be intentionally cruel and awful