Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

The total debt of students is the highest it’s ever been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

given the LAPDs track record concerning fireworks, them not doing anything was probably the best outcome

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ha ha little "the lapd literally does car bombings either out of total incompetence or stone cold malice depending on who you ask" humor for ya there on a Wednesday morning

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

well written analysis

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

given the LAPDs track record concerning fireworks, them not doing anything was probably the best outcome

they did do something, they waited until the Zionists started getting bored of assaulting protesters and took over for them

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

maybe this has been asked —— has obama tried calling any of the protestors and ask them to stop?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

Like I just want to make sure I've got this straight. That's the current liberal response to "voting for Biden got us the exact thing Trump would do," right? I feel like that can't be right because I don't understand how a human brain can contain those thoughts at the same time

the american brain is exceptional

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wait didnt trump say just yesterday that the protests should be shut down

are we really at the point where liberals are pretending that trump is taking popular positions just so they can discredit them

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It’s completely unsustainable though, so that’s why it doesn’t work on me.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

are we really at the point where liberals are pretending that trump is taking popular positions just so they can discredit them

always was

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

racist ?????

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

they know hes a loser and a hack but theres alot of blue maga freaks in there as well lol

outside of glumwheels now there arent

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

What if, and hear me out on this one: politicians voted FOR what their constituents are demanding and want with 80%+ margins making them want to vote for them instead of screaming and shaming us to vote for them???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnHicRgcL4

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ex post facho posted:

outside of glumwheels now there arent

that freaks the worst one imo

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I keep seeing stories about the melee at UCLA last night and they seem to go way out of their way to bury that it looks like the pro genocide counter protesters were the aggressors

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

chait is the human dancing R

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I keep seeing stories about the melee at UCLA last night and they seem to go way out of their way to bury that it looks like the pro genocide counter protesters were the aggressors

LA Times calls it what it was
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-30/ucla-moves-to-shut-down-pro-palestinian-encampment-as-unlawful

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

this is all deranged... trump cares about winning and caring is bad???

Caring is bad is like the only lesson Xers ever had and imparted it on a ton of millennials

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nonsense posted:

lol the DNC is going to be a poo poo show

they have a built-in excuse to make it virtual-only a few weeks earlier, in order to make biden eligible for the OH ballot & save sherrod brown's rear end.

but that'd leave all their corporate sponsors & the city of chicago left holding the bag, which would be considerable.

besides, the convention is an opportunity to show their law-n-order bona fides by cracking heads.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

SgtMongoose posted:

Imagine a liberal government being unable to effectively govern due to an abject refusal to address material conditions. When a dissatisfied electorate punish them for this refusal/incompetence, and the liberals are forced to either ally with the fascists or the communists to govern, imagine which they choose. Crazy scenario, I know.

But seriously, the SDP kept trying to ram through austerity in 1930/31 which is what kept getting blocked in the Reichstag and forced through by executive action (because everyone who wasn't the SDP hated it). As for Hindenburg's thoughts on Hitler, he wasn't offended by Hitler's antisemitism or hate mongering. He despised Hitler for being a lowly corporal in the army vs Hindenburg's generalship and for not respecting Hindenburg's leadership of the German right/nationalists.

Read this paragraph from Hindenburg's wiki page for a distillation:

This was a month before the Nazi's won their 37% of the Reichstag.
I've seen a remarkable number of randos on Twitter trying to restart the argument about how the KPD are to blame for the Nazis because they wouldn't side with the SPD. Centrist liberalism is contingent on being completely loving ignorant of anything that hasn't been on MSNBC in the past 2 weeks; who's doing this?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

they have a built-in excuse to make it virtual-only a few weeks earlier, in order to make biden eligible for the OH ballot & save sherrod brown's rear end.

but that'd leave all their corporate sponsors & the city of chicago left holding the bag, which would be considerable.

besides, the convention is an opportunity to show their law-n-order bona fides by cracking heads.

I can't wait for them to cart Biden out so he can drop one of those "This is not who we are. No. Now is a time for unity" speeches while students across the country are getting their brains scrambled for the crime of not toeing the party line

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

the bad thread is doing “how do we know they weren’t students?” right now

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

StealthArcher posted:

https://twitter.com/tonygoldmark/status/1785553344041558236?t=-69OmYBmKDC1H4w9BymC_w&s=19

please please please just ignore the genocide and deepthroat the bloodied boot it's so good please bro just one more succ you'll like it please bro just shut up and succ bro please

did u know that joe biden is a selfish rear end in a top hat who doesnt care about anyone except himself this is why its very important that you vote for him in november

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the bad thread is doing “how do we know they weren’t students?” right now

It’s their occupied territory! They’re supposed to attack the existing population!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

the article addresses this point:

quote:

In a recent social-media post, Trump demanded, “STOP THE PROTESTS NOW!!!” If they are still going on during a prospective second Trump term, he will probably stop them with maximal violence. In the meantime, he fervently wishes them to continue through November.

the main argument being made is that protesting biden's gaza policy is hurting biden and helping trump electorally, which is true

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

caring about winning is bad actually and only despots and fascists care so biden being completely uninfluenced by the people he's courting is actually how democracy works

Amazing.

Democracy is when the people have no say in any government decisions whatsoever, but you get to check a box every four years but only the box they tell you .

Elections on Fahrenheit 451 were more genuine, you still had no say, but from what I remember at least no one bothered you about it if you didn't vote for President Noble

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Our social imagination for what dystopia could be like was insufficient to the task

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1785689383875580239

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

ma'am that's.... not what mutual aid means

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DRAW A CLOCK BITCH :dementia:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

but teeth & eye health isnt which is why you healthcare does not cover them

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

*finally reading another book*

You have to vote for President Coin or President Snow will win.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Introducing my administration's major initiative to offer up to $500 in tax credits spent towards telehealth psychiatry appointments

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

camoseven posted:

ma'am that's.... not what mutual aid means

I lol'd there too

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

KomradeX posted:

Caring is bad is like the only lesson Xers ever had and imparted it on a ton of millennials

yeah getting that crammed into your head from all sources of media was awesome

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/JarJarFan69/status/1785694047509602503

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

every cop shop has a mutual aid agreement with every adjacent cop shop to make sure any local protest can be stomped on with the absolute maximum force of all cops within a one hundred mile radius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

They're even legally called "mutual aid agreements" here check it out https://www.caloes.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/Law-Enforcement/Documents/Blue-Book_Law-Enforcement-Mutual-Aid-Plan.pdf