Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jokes on Vince, seeing him like that just makes me laugh at him. Plenty of old folks have to walk around like that because they wore themselves down working for decades. Vince did poop stuff and steroids. Way to go, stupid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Johnny Ace is flip flopping:

https://x.com/brandonthurston/status/1786113852788154487?s=46

““John Laurinaitis has filed a Motion today fully joining in and adopting Vince McMahon’s motion to compel arbitration.  Mr. Laurinaitis corroborates Mr. McMahon in publicly declaring that Ms. Grant’s allegations of sexual abuse and coercion in her Complaint are completely unfounded.  My client will fight these false allegations together with Mr. McMahon in the proper forum, arbitration.”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if just one more unprotected chair shot from the rock would finally make his brain give up the ghost and deflate into a puddle of salty jell-o

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vince sells his shares. John flip-flops. Hmm...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm looking forward to the day that Ann Callis cross examines John Laurainitis.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Once a stooge, always a stooge

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All this stuff I admitted happened a couple of months ago never actually happened

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Laurinaitis feared having what Vince knows about him made public more than he feared what this one victim knows made public, is what such an obvious switch (from him and his lawyer both thinking he'd be seen as another of Vince's victims) tells me

If he ever comes clean, it's not going to be while Vince is alive, which means it'll be too late

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

and now from vince's camp

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1786117852224713133

quote:

New statement from Vince McMahon's attorney, Jessica T. Rosenberg to Wrestlenomics, following the news that John Laurinaitis is endorsing McMahon's Motion to Compel Arbitration:

“In January 2024, Ms. Grant, a 43-year-old with a law degree, who was in love with Mr. McMahon and devastated by their break-up, filed an outrageous and false lawsuit to ruin Mr. McMahon’s career and reputation. Now, her false allegations are slowly unraveling. Today, Mr. Laurinaitis’ attorney confirmed his client will corroborate Mr. McMahon’s account and expose the lies within the Complaint. Despite their intense efforts, Ms. Grant’s attorneys won’t be able to suppress the truth from coming out.”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmGhethEoQ

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

and now from vince's camp

loving gross

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

John's flip flopped so much his testimony is pretty much worthless at this point

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's an interesting play to have the guy who basically admitted it was all true in a public forum say "Actually none of it happened and I'm on the side of the guy I said did it". I'm not a lawyer but I'll be interested to see how they square that circle.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
https://x.com/jimvalley/status/1786149551453413630

Some extremely tacky phrasing by Jim here

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Unpleasant, but purposeful.

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1786167538625470776

I agree with him.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Jim is very intelligent and grounded, and the core ideas of that thread are absolutely correct, yes. His phasing there left something to be desired.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I think the point he was trying to make is totally valid, but to me that's unfortunate phrasing too, not that I'm going to go on twitter to yell at him or anything. There has to be a more sensitive way to get across the idea that they're trying to re-victimize her. There's probably a time and a place for more emotive language too, but I'd leave it to her and her advocates to decide how to use it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Don't you get it? yeah pretty easily brother you werent subtle.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

He should've just used the phrasing in the second tweet instead of the first. Not the place for a turn of phrase or trying to be funny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think he's trying to be funny.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Something I thought I was wrong about was the guy in the PRIME bottle at Mania getting banned from Twitch for threatening people with sexual assault, because it seemed like an insane choice for the "one bad apple and he's gone" Mania weekend strategy.

I'd totally forgotten about it because I never saw it get questioned from any outlet and assumed I was misremembering, but nope:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IShowSpeed

"In December 2021, Watkins took part in a Twitch "e-dating" livestream show hosted by Adin Ross. The exchange between Watkins and another participant, Ash Kash, escalated to what was widely interpreted as a rape threat. Watkins was the first contestant to be eliminated, and shortly after the game had ended, he quickly rejoined the Discord call and started sexually harassing Kash, slurring her repeatedly. Watkins was then kicked out of the call, with Ross apologizing to Kash for his behavior. Watkins was later banned from Twitch. According to a Twitter post by him, Watkins was banned for "sexual coercion or intimidation." "

But he got the big funny table spot so probably not worth thinking about.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raeg posted:

Something I thought I was wrong about was the guy in the PRIME bottle at Mania getting banned from Twitch for threatening people with sexual assault, because it seemed like an insane choice for the "one bad apple and he's gone" Mania weekend strategy.

I'd totally forgotten about it because I never saw it get questioned from any outlet and assumed I was misremembering, but nope:

"In December 2021, Watkins took part in a Twitch "e-dating" livestream show hosted by Adin Ross. The exchange between Watkins and another participant, Ash Kash, escalated to what was widely interpreted as a rape threat. Watkins was the first contestant to be eliminated, and shortly after the game had ended, he quickly rejoined the Discord call and started sexually harassing Kash, slurring her repeatedly. Watkins was then kicked out of the call, with Ross apologizing to Kash for his behavior. Watkins was later banned from Twitch. According to a Twitter post by him, Watkins was banned for "sexual coercion or intimidation." "

Oh, the guy who hosted the stream was the guy responsible for Andrew Tate getting arrested by the Romanians a couple month back when he mentioned he'd spoken to Tate & quoted him saying he was going to leave Romania & never return. Because explaining your mate's plan to escape house arrest seems like a very sensible thing to do on a public stream.

The streaming community seems loving horrific?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Raeg posted:

I just looked into it, looks like his ban was lifted at the end of last year
https://www.tubefilter.com/2023/10/11/twitch-unban-i-show-speed-streamer-darren-watkins/

And according to him he's had a lot of time for growth since then, “I am 17 now, I was 16 when that happened and made a huge mistake.”

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Does Johnny Ace joining Vince to compel arbitration even mean anything beyond “making Janel Grant’s life miserable?” My feeble understanding is arbitration can’t happen anyway because the NDA isn’t even enforceable.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1786381753961046169?t=f8YxG-hWh3oLMwqXQ6Zz9w&s=19

I believe he was also named in the lawsuit.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not a lawyer but someone flip flopping so hard when being named generally is never a good look so I doubt this changes the legal nature of the case. This is fully meant to harass Janel and get her to agree to arbitration to make it go away and so Vince can rebuild his name

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 3, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Are Johnny's lawyer's previous statements admissible in court?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Are Johnny's lawyer's previous statements admissible in court?

I asked someone I know and they said no because they were statements made by his lawyer, not by Johnny himself.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Oh, the guy who hosted the stream was the guy responsible for Andrew Tate getting arrested by the Romanians a couple month back when he mentioned he'd spoken to Tate & quoted him saying he was going to leave Romania & never return. Because explaining your mate's plan to escape house arrest seems like a very sensible thing to do on a public stream.

lol

He sniffed the chair that Andrew Tate was sitting on after Tate walked away

https://youtu.be/b6PKW2wOZtw

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

forkboy84 posted:

They are very, very stupid and have no media training, much less the good sense to know when to keep your trap shut. A lot of them seem to be fash or fash-adjacent as well.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

CombineThresher posted:

They are very, very stupid and have no media training, much less the good sense to know when to keep your trap shut. A lot of them seem to be fash or fash-adjacent as well.

So makes sense he worked with WWE

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yo, you know who sucks?

Kathy Laurinaitis. By this timeline, Johnny ace was super duper cheating on her to be a gross part of assaulting Janel, the dude admitted all kinds of poo poo before this recent about-face, and she is just quietly on his side, posting pictures of him and the fam on insta.

Just stickin’ by her absolute trash fire of a man.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

Yo, you know who sucks?

Kathy Laurinaitis. By this timeline, Johnny ace was super duper cheating on her to be a gross part of assaulting Janel, the dude admitted all kinds of poo poo before this recent about-face, and she is just quietly on his side, posting pictures of him and the fam on insta.

i don’t think she has posted anything since the lawsuit came out and also wasn’t she battling brain cancer for a while?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

Yo, you know who sucks?

While I do not doubt she might be a fame/money chasing sociopath, I am very very uncomfortable with binding a woman to the crimes of a guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

While I do not doubt she might be a fame/money chasing sociopath, I am very very uncomfortable with binding a woman to the crimes of a guy.

She's doing it herself though.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Yo, you know who sucks?

Can we not

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm less inclined to get angry at someone who didn't do any raping or covering up of rape and assault

That's just me though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotinaj posted:

Yo, you know who sucks?

:chloe:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

I'm less inclined to get angry at someone who didn't do any raping or covering up of rape and assault

That's just me though

That would be why I said she sucks, not that she is culpable

Were it me, it would be divorcing time for ol’ Johnny ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This isn't a good road to go down. There's a lot that's extremely weird, from the tone that seems to indicate you're looking for specific people to get mad at that aren't the people actually implicated to "stickin' by her man". Please keep your ire directed at the people actually named in this case.