Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

northwestern is doing something similar, and the ADL (and other orgs) are demanding the president resign

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1785743937879355741

It's not too milquetoast. It also commits them to hiring 2 Palestinian faculty and "providing full cost of attendance for five Palestinian undergraduates..."

That's not nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

northwestern is doing something similar, and the ADL (and other orgs) are demanding the president resign

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1785743937879355741

this is all they ever had to do lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do it mother fuckers, DO IT!

The Palestinians will fast track unification through chinese diplomacy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

its so awesome how the satanic nazi west are trying to paint Hamas as the difficult party when their single demand is the most reasonable and simple thing to understand, just end the war.

but in any case, Hamas has the upper hand, america is getting desperate, and the western/israeli position is crumbling. they must not agree to anything less than the end of the war. full stop.

====

White House: Efforts must focus on persuading Hamas to accept deal proposal

The White House stated in a statement:

Hamas must not stand in the way a ceasefire agreement.

Current efforts should be to persuade Hamas to accept the hostage deal proposal, Plinken explained to the partners.

We are reviewing the Refugee Program to help relatives of Palestinian Americans who would like to come to the United States.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31581;&%231602;

taking in refugees from the genocide you're currently committing is some real hot dog suit guy stuff

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Hatebag posted:

taking in refugees from the genocide you're currently committing is some real hot dog suit guy stuff

Just another fresh source of slaves for the corporate masters

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

yeah it's straight up participating in ethnic cleansing by saying "you can ~voluntarily relocate~ here away from where our bombs are falling and be a diaspora we exploit."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jen heir rick posted:

It's not too milquetoast. It also commits them to hiring 2 Palestinian faculty and "providing full cost of attendance for five Palestinian undergraduates..."

That's not nothing.

its pretty close to nothing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i think they were prob being sarcastic

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If the war is over hostages... why would a deal to return them not end the war? lol

Benjamin knows if the war ends he is personally cooked. Just no way for him to stay in power without the war.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's what we call statistically indistinguishable from zero in the numbers fuckstein business

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Owlbear Camus posted:

yeah it's straight up participating in ethnic cleansing by saying "you can ~voluntarily relocate~ here away from where our bombs are falling and be a diaspora we exploit."

not to mention they always bomb the places that they tell people to go to not get bombed

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Al! posted:

not to mention they always bomb the places that they tell people to go to not get bombed

I would like to think we wouldn't per the idf bomb Dearborn but I can't say to a certainly its impossible

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

starting to get worried about all those cops that trained though israeli programs.

quote:

Demented West LA Zionist hooligans blast sounds of babies in distress to torment anti-genocide protesters at UCLA

They did this for four nights straight ahead of their violent assault while the national media, US political class and local police stood and watched - or cheered

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1785769776591040787

it's the same tactics and sadism, time and time again.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

double nine posted:

starting to get worried about all those cops that trained though israeli programs.

starting to get excited for the al aqsa flood with american characteristics

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mandel Brotset posted:

starting to get excited for the al aqsa flood with american characteristics

god willing

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

double nine posted:

god willing

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/Noshu4me/status/1783543657989087600
(sound on)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
[P/I] It looks like I was able to find the original audio to the wate

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
hey has anyone managed to find the original audio to the water jug video

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Brown University managed to get their protestors to disband camp by promising a vote on divestment in October.

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1785640321638125664

Seems like a setup for a rug pull. Wait 5 months, vote no on divestment, maybe the protest wave is gone by then.

jesus christ lmao, did they not have anyone with experience in this stuff? I guess I can understand the students not knowing any better, but like Brown is an ivy league school, these kids made a huge mistake.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Didn't Colombia and Israel have really questionable and bad ties with one another? Like they worked together to do some really heinous poo poo.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Didn't Colombia and Israel have really questionable and bad ties with one another? Like they worked together to do some really heinous poo poo.

nope Colombia was probably one of Israels closest allies before Petro came in

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I said come in! posted:

in the past, yeah. chavez called them "the israel of latin america". things have really changed

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i literally pray for the safety of gustavo petro sometimes

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

HallelujahLee posted:

nope Colombia was probably one of Israels closest allies before Petro came in

That's what they meant by "questionable and bad" ties, I would imagine. Israel was involved in training death squads throughout Latin America as part of the US-led international effort against the left.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

That's what they meant by "questionable and bad" ties, I would imagine. Israel was involved in training death squads throughout Latin America as part of the US-led international effort against the left.

fair enough i probably mis-read it

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

evilmiera posted:

Benjamin knows if the war ends he is personally cooked. Just no way for him to stay in power without the war.

Even beyond that, Israel's belief is that its security is based on the impression of invulnerability. Hamas shattered that on October 7th, and to Israel any end to the war which has Hamas still around as a functioning entity is a loss because October 7th could happen again

Israel could end the violent resistance to its apartheid occupation by just ending the apartheid occupation, but with the whole west supporting their project that isn't going to happen

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Colombian mercenaries have been present in Yemen so even though that's more of a US/Saudi thing, yes

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
what country has the most badass mercenaries

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

evilmiera posted:

Yeah it's important to remember the Israeli head of state has massive personal incentives to continue/expand the war indefinitely regardless of the battlefield reality. Not a great spot for any state to be in!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

that's it, that is what I was thinking of. I know we have discussed this before in this thread but I was forgetting details.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

what country has the most badass mercenaries

is there such a thing? none of them are like in movies, or Metal Gear Solid.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

its pretty close to nothing

Yeah, I guess I agree with the original point that they could've ended this with milquetoast lib rear end agreements. But it's intolerable and must be met with violence for some reason.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

double nine posted:

loving sickos

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

30.5 Days posted:

hey has anyone managed to find the original audio to the water jug video

(sound on)

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
dttze

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Columbia connection is one of those things that makes me think maybe Israel is integral to US empire and can't be cut loose.

My baseline feeling is, "it's just Israel, who cares? Cut them loose, let the kids criticize Israel, whatever." But, if in the course of criticizing things Israel has done you end up, even accidentally, bringing up their training increasingly militarized US police departments, well suddenly the kids are criticizing bedrock US domestic policies. Similarly, "Israel trained death squads in Latin America" is a criticism that immediately becomes "the US organized a network of death squads in Latin America." Those are a lot closer to home, the US system as a whole can't be separated from Israel's actions in that case.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The Columbia connection is one of those things that makes me think maybe Israel is integral to US empire and can't be cut loose.

My baseline feeling is, "it's just Israel, who cares? Cut them loose, let the kids criticize Israel, whatever." But, if in the course of criticizing things Israel has done you end up, even accidentally, bringing up their training increasingly militarized US police departments, well suddenly the kids are criticizing bedrock US domestic policies. Similarly, "Israel trained death squads in Latin America" is a criticism that immediately becomes "the US organized a network of death squads in Latin America." Those are a lot closer to home, the US system as a whole can't be separated from Israel's actions in that case.

♫ the core is a single nondecomposable system ♫

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It’s my gut feeling that nobody is running the ship at this point. No one person knows exactly why we must remain beholden to this weird parasitic twin across the globe, and honestly they don’t need a reason. Biden is a perfect example of this mindset

Bouillon Rube has issued a correction as of 00:28 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zodium posted:

♫ the core is a single nondecomposable system ♫

yep despite the physical distance from the mainland israel is as much a part of the imperial core as hawaii. more so, even