Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rockman Reserve posted:

yeah seriously wtf is that poo poo

e: the way she apparently talks about it is like pre-emotive “the only moral abortion is my abortion” poo poo, she needs to get her loving head on right
huh? Are you talking about the girlfriend's position or the prenup from the mother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jai Guru Dave posted:

[url=][/url]: by default bf
The

If you say so.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Jai Guru Dave posted:

The

YTA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Jai Guru Dave posted:

The

:hmmyes:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

as long as the proper capitalization rule doesnt come back

e: gently caress

My husband (38 M) returned from a trip with a hickey, need advice.

im loving sorry lady

" He has a habit of deleting texts from everyone he talks to. "

yeah as one does

Does anyone have a legitimate reason to do this other than working in national security or regularly attending protests?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

mystes posted:

huh? Are you talking about the girlfriend's position or the prenup from the mother?

the girlfriend’s position, clearly, I literally even quoted the post jfc

Jai Guru Dave posted:

The

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah gonna be honest I also got grumpy seeing "personally pro life but not pro-suffering" and the following comments about how this is just her opinion for her own pregnancy because that means she's pro-choice. saying you'd keep a viable pregnancy, but you don't care what other choose/others should have access (which is how I interpret her being against the abortion bans), is the platonic ideal of being pro-choice. you are pro pregnant people having choice. being pro-choice is not pro-abortion and has nothing to do with what choice you would personally end up making if you got pregnant; it is wanting to have a choice should you get pregnant.

being pro-life is very specifically about not just how you would feel about your own pregnancy/abortion, but about how everyone should be forced to keep every pregnancy. that's what it means, it's not just about your own choice not to abort but also extends into how others should not be allowed to abort, and it's very open as a movement about how its purpose is controlling the bodies of everyone.

sorry it's a pet peeve :psyduck:

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 2, 2024

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for "flirting" with my friends?

How has it been literal pages without anyone commenting “That sure beats Super Mario Bros.!”?

Cookie chat is making us all a bunch of slackers.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rockman Reserve posted:

the girlfriend’s position, clearly, I literally even quoted the post jfc
I didn't really think it was clear how that related to what you quoted, but I don't see how it's saying "the only moral abortion is my abortion" because there's no indication that she's describing anything other than her feelings about being disinclined to get an abortion herself, since the relevance to the post seems to be that OP's mother is specifically worried that she wouldn't personally get an abortion in a situation where OP's mother thinks she should

So if she's saying that it only applies to her and not to other people, it's more like "the only immoral abortion is my abortion"

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Blue Moonlight posted:

How has it been literal pages without anyone commenting “That sure beats Super Mario Bros.!”?

Cookie chat is making us all a bunch of slackers.

I did read it and think "Fellas, is it gay to explore your homosexual fantasies with your bros?"

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is that so, SomethingAwful Forums user Most Power Alex?

Yes, it's my responsibility to call out lesser Alex's on their BS.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

nonathlon posted:

I did read it and think "Fellas, is it gay to explore your homosexual fantasies with your bros?"

Sounds like somebody forgot to get his crystal charged

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

mystes posted:

I didn't really think it was clear how that related to what you quoted, but I don't see how it's saying "the only moral abortion is my abortion" because there's no indication that she's describing anything other than her feelings about being disinclined to get an abortion herself, since the relevance to the post seems to be that OP's mother is specifically worried that she wouldn't personally get an abortion in a situation where OP's mother thinks she should

So if she's saying that it only applies to her and not to other people, it's more like "the only immoral abortion is my abortion"

lmao tell me you haven’t hung around pro-lifers

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rockman Reserve posted:

lmao tell me you haven’t hung around pro-lifers
"Personally pro life" may be an incoherent position and she may very well be lying about her beliefs, but again, based on what is actually being described, the issue here is literally that OP's mother is worried that OP's fiance will refuse to abort her own child if it has a developmental disability

If you want to just ignore what the actual post said and assume that OP's fiance is going to do the opposite of what she said because she describes herself as pro life, fine, but I don't think there's that much point to discussing the post in that case.

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 2, 2024

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Jai Guru Dave posted:

The

ban this sick filth

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

ban this sick filth

For what would be the best thread title we've ever had?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my MIL why I have vaseline next to my bed?

quote:

Hello, sorry for the new account, I don't want this associate with my other account.

Okay, so, my MIL! Or actually I will start with my wife "Tara". Tara is lovely and wonderful. Tara also escaped from her little midwestern hometown and ran to the coast the absolute moment that she could, and I am pretty sure her mom took that personally. (her mom was born and raised in and around that small town)

So my MIL. She is emotionally immature. Tara read that one book about immature adult parents and she finally understood her family dynamic in a way she never did before. MIL is not a bad or evil person, she usually means very well, but she's kind of, I don't know how to put it, self-centered? Like her first thought process is always "how do I feel about this new information".

Tara and I bought a little starter home last year (gently caress interest rates but we're hoping they come down and we can refinance, the place was too good to pass up) and her MIL invited herself over last week. This is something that is extremely on brand for her, and we like to pick our battles in this family, so we just let her.

Her mom (who again is not terrible, just has bad emotional regulation and boundaries) shows up and drops her stuff in the spare room and just immediately starts giving herself the tour. Again, whatever, we actually hired a cleaner before she arrived so we wouldn't worry, annoying but that's life.

So she's wandering around and comes to our bedroom. I have a jumbo sized tub of generic vaseline next to my bed because I use a nose CPAP and my lips get chapped so she picks it up and makes this really weird face and says, almost direct quote, "well I know what THIS is for!" And I respond, "oh that's for chapped lips, I don't jerk off with vaseline."

Apparently my timing was good because my wife laughed but my MIL did not laugh at all. Then for the next three days she kept asking me ARE YOU GONNA BE GROSS AGAIN when I tried to make normal conversation. I said over and over that she was the one who made the joke and her response was always "yeah but that was a JOKE!" like what I said was totally serious? And I guess it was, I mean, I was telling the truth, but I was only bantering because she started it. I didn't even invite her into our bedroom.

Anyways she brought it up over text to Tara and there is subtle pressure from her to just apologize, but I don't think I did anything wrong. AITA?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, but I've never seen a sink without an overflow. Is he blocking it somehow? Is he running the water so fast the overflow can't keep up? How's he doing it?

kitchen sinks don't have overflows but they're usually double sinks with the divider lower than the countertop and if you plug both sides you're loving doing it wrong

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my MIL why I have vaseline next to my bed?

She's obviously just mad because OP's comment effectively called her out for how weird/creepy her comment was and made her feel bad about it, but I'm not sure there was really any way for OP to respond that wouldn't have done that.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

mystes posted:

She's obviously just mad because OP's comment effectively called her out for how weird/creepy her comment was and made her feel bad about it, but I'm not sure there was really any way for OP to respond that wouldn't have done that.

"Actually, it's because your daughter REALLY likes to take it in the rear end."

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Troublemaker posted:

"Actually, it's because your daughter REALLY likes to take it in the rear end."

honestly where i thought it was going when i read the title

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Saint Freak posted:

Anyways, here's some pictures of mine from my own wedding. (Married on Halloween, people didn't randomly just make spiders or whatever). Yes one person brought a bowl of fortune cookies which is the best kind of technicality.

You got clothespins you lucky bastards.

I miss Pittsburgh, this post made me very homesick for a place I haven’t lived in for over 20 years.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for thinking each of my kids getting their own room is more important than my new husband having 3 to himself?

quote:

My new husband and I agreed before we scheduled our wedding that, even though space would be tight, we would lIve in his house. We have a master bedroom & a second bedroom upstairs, a main floor office/bedroom, and a finished basement with a legal bedroom, a second good- size room, and a storage room. Each floor has a full bathroom. We have 3 children who live with us, 17, 14 & 12. They are all mine, his are all out of the house. We decided to give the basement bedroom to the 17, upstairs second bedroom to the 14, and the office to the 12. That would leave the second room and storage room in the basement for my husband's exclusive use for his activities- magic & writing. WE ALL 5 AGREED TO THIS.

We married in December and moved in towards the end of March. He was nowhere near ready (chronically late), but I had a tenant moving into my home and we had to leave it. Now we've been here a month (with a box or two & a suitcase each, most the rest is in a storage unit or was sold/donated/tossed) and my husband just decided he writes best in the office, so the 12 & 14 year- olds will have to share a room. I think he's being selfish, he could easily write in his magic room, which he has to himself. As a compromise, my 12 said he could have his office and give the her the storage room instead (I'm sure I could fix it up nice for her!). He says no, he needs all 3 rooms to be able to write and do magic. He & I have dated/been married for almost 6 years now and he's maybe used each room 5 times. He's disabled but wants to try to make some money on the side as a magician (he's great & he was an outstanding magician in his youth, so this may be possible). I just don't think he requires 3 tooms of the house to do this, that 2 should be sufficient. The only other 2 rooms in the house are the kitchen (my husband also cooks and has every gadget and ingredient, so there isn't always a place to sit in there...) and the living/dining room (one room). My husband spends most of his time watching tv or researching magic tricks in the living/dining, so the kids can't really hang out in there, either. So the only place they have where they can choose what they do or have alone time is their room. I am paying half the mortgage, all the food, and for everything the kids or I need. He pays the other half the mortgage, gas/electric, and for everything he needs. If he has a show (he did one last fall) we ALL help (making things, set up, tear down) and I invest $4 figures in it. So we feel like we're being supportive. I think each kid should get their own room, AS WAS AGREED to before we got married. And my husband should make it work with 2 rooms instead of 3. AITA?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Abracadabra another room for yourself, rear end in a top hat

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA for thinking each of my kids getting their own room is more important than my new husband having 3 to himself?

Not a great magician if he doesn't have his own tower.

I mean at least have a secret room in your mansion.

Total charlatan.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Troublemaker posted:

WIBTA if I named my baby the name I want to despite everyone hating it?

I actually love this name. It was on my short list of baby names, but was too rhymey with my last name.

UPDATE: WIBTA if I named my baby the name I want to despite everyone hating it?

quote:

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support did not expect my other post to get so much traction but its welcomed still!!

Now to the update i left out some key details in my last post including that my fiancé and I are currently living with my parents to benefit both of us because of rent prices near us and taxes my parents wanted us to stay with them and contribute so that both parties can live more comfortably

Currently i pay for 90% of the groceries and also pay for things here and there that they need aswell as a small portion of rent and gas if they need it. I also contribute to the household and make dinner every night and clean some of the time currently my fiancé has actually picked up the slack and does most chores in the house that pertains to us and even go behind them most times and clean up their messes as well.

So unfortunately the name came up again today and i had to break the news that i would be naming my son Silas i got enough of a backbone to do so and just nicely told my mother that while I like the other names I loved Silas and that i will be going with that name.

I thought it would be easier to tell them now than instead of telling them while they are at the hospital because they would probably get themselves thrown out or would take it even worst than if i were to tell them now than keep it from them.

And well it did not go well to say the least she said it was a stupid name and ugly and that she would not be calling him that and will call him by his middle name instead i told her if she wanted she could call him Si and she said she would flat out not call him that, I should know that when my whole family hates the name i should know better and thats its horrible and would be causing problems. I told her im not going to argue with her and if we were to bring this up again i would just leave and go to my own space. She told me i better leave right now because she was so angry.

Now an hour later i got a phone call from my father at work asking me why im picking at my mother even though i wasn't.

I told him the same thing i told my mother and what he said genuinely shocked me and made me concerned for our current situation.

He told me the name was stupid and if im willing to start this fire than i should be ready for the consequences of my actions, that the name i chose was a SLAVE name aswell as saying hes done his research on the name.

He even went as far as saying this was a choice influenced by my fiance threatening to kick him out and saying "he will end up homeless over this" so now unfortunately we are looking for rentals near us as this is honestly ridiculous and getting out of control.

Any advice is very much welcomed as we are wondering if this is even fixable and for the people that live in Canada any advice on rentals is very much appreciated aswell.

huh

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

What the

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Canada?

Yeah you're hosed.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

When I was a young Danger Mouse fan I thought Greenback's name was spelled Cylus. I'd never heard of the name before, but a friend of mine named his son that and as far as I know it's fine.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Honestly I can't decide if dad is a crazy racist or is Black and doesn't want any old time names in the family from the times of slavery.

Either way what the entire gently caress.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Yeah, when i hear the name "silas" I think of my brothers mate from primary school. Or that it sounds dickensian, and olde worlde posh.

Other than that,its a perfectly normal, innofensive name.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The only thing the thread can find that's even remotely related is this dude which is still like, an insane reach?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
'Silas' makes me think of cowboys, or classy criminals; not sure where the father's getting that connotation from. If they were descended from enslaved Africans, mmmaybe it was the name of one of their ancestors or one of their ancestors' slavers (I can certainly see a slaver with that name)- but even so, who else outside the family would make that connection?

EDIT: One commenter in the Reddit thread (don't worry, I'm just reading, not touching the poop) mentioned that the parents might be mixing the name up with Cyrus, which is apparently rising in popularity among black communities in America; I'm Malaysian, so I can't be sure.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 2, 2024

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

wheatpuppy posted:

Honestly the pre-nup guy should go ahead and accept that document because I am pretty sure the abortion bit is right there in the dictionary under "unenforceable contract" so it's not like it'll make any difference in the long run.

And the 80/20 split of all assets, not just premarital assets, also sounds super dubious. A prenup is generally concerned with the spouses' assets acquired prior to marriage. No lawyer would draft a prenup like that

Plus I'm pretty sure you don't automatically take on your spouse's student loan debt, not unless you actively co-sign it.

It's fake ragebait.

Edit: Also OP says they're both in tech but also they're in Florida. Does Florida even have a non-negligible tech sector?

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 2, 2024

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Does anyone have a legitimate reason to do this other than working in national security or regularly attending protests?

I remember having to delete texts from my old turn-of-the-millennium dumb phone because the phone can only store so many (I wanna say mine was 300 max?). And I'm only slightly older than the husband. So I guess if you somehow kept that old habit, maybe :shrug:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I associate Silas with a verse from Gimme That Old-Time Religion.

It was good for Paul and Silas (x3)
And it's good enough for me

We used to sing it in the car on long trips, along with A Long Way to Tipperary and other random songs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for picking up the tab after taking my housemate out to cheer her up

quote:

I'm not sure if the title will be confusing.

I (32M) have a housemate, let's call her Julie (19F), and a girlfriend of 2 years, Anna (28F).

I own this house. Julie is a friend of the family who goes to university, which is walking distance from my house. If she stayed at home with her parents, it would be an hour commute each way. Our agreement is that Julie doesn't pay rent, but she keeps the house clean. She's a friend of the family, and I've known her since she was 10.

To have some pocket money, she's looking for a job that can be combined with her studies.

Last Friday, I came home and could tell that Julie was down. After asking her a couple of times what was going on, she explained that she was rejected from a job she really wanted, especially after they had her come back multiple times for interviews.

Julie was feeling down because she felt like a burden to me. She was broke and just felt useless.

So, I decided to take her out to cheer her up. I told her to get ready, we were going out to eat. She protested because she was broke, and I told her not to worry, it was my treat.

We went to a popular cafe with a live band. We talked, ate (great burgers!), and it ended up cheering her up.

Anna was visiting her sisters for the weekend. When the sisters get together, they have low contact with the rest of the world.

Sunday afternoon, she was back and came over while Julie was studying. We told each other about our weekends, and I told her about taking Julie out. Everything was okay until I mentioned that the bill wasn't as high as I expected.

That's when Anna asked me if I paid the whole bill, which I confirmed. This upset her. She said that if I paid the bill, that meant it was a date. She took offense to me taking Julie out on a date. She left angry accusing me of cheating or trying to cheat. She has ghosted me since.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. So, everything would have been okay if we split the bill, but because I paid, like I said I would since I invited her to cheer her up, it's now considered a date and that implies I'm cheating or trying to cheat?

Is this a modern dating rule I'm not aware of?

quote:

Edit: (4 hours later)

I got a call from Anna's very drunk sister, who called me to ask Anna how the plan is going.

Anna wants to move in, but first Julie has to move out. Which is not true, the house is big enough for Anna to move in and Julie to stay.

So the plan was to accuse me of wanting to cheat and to safe the relationship I would kick Julie out.

For now Anna doesn't know I know. and Anna's sister doesn't know she told me everything. I doubt she will even remember having that conversation.

I will pretend I don't know about the plan and see what her next move is.

A few things are for sure. Julie is not getting kicked out. She will move out when she is ready, even if that means stay a whole after finishing uni.
And as long as Anna is playing this game, there is no chance she's moving in.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Shanghaied posted:

And the 80/20 split of all assets, not just premarital assets, also sounds super dubious. A prenup is generally concerned with the spouses' assets acquired prior to marriage. No lawyer would draft a prenup like that

Plus I'm pretty sure you don't automatically take on your spouse's student loan debt, not unless you actively co-sign it.

It's fake ragebait.

Edit: Also OP says they're both in tech but also they're in Florida. Does Florida even have a non-negligible tech sector?

Florida + tech = crypto

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

My Husband's (36M) Affair Daughter (5F) Was Dropped Off At Our House Two Weeks Ago and Its Causing Issues in Our Marriage. Is There Anyway to Salvage This?

quote:

My (34F) life is falling apart and it's all thanks to my husband. We had a perfect life, both of us worked in the jobs we loved, we have a beautiful daughter (10F) and a healthy son (5M). When I was pregnant with our son we both almost died due to complications. So before the birth and even afterwards I didn't want to have sex, why would I? I almost died and my body was in pain for months afterwards even with strong medication. I thought my husband understood because he never pushed me for sex or even asked. I thought it was because he understood my pain, but apparently he was just getting it from somewhere else.

A few months ago we were visited by Child Protective Services, I was terrified at first frantically thinking of what we did wrong with our children to cause a visit. But no, as it turns out some woman I've never met before died in a car accident leaving behind a daughter, and my husband's name was on the girl's birth certificate and he was named in the woman's will as the father. I thought it was a mistake at first, until my husband told me the truth. As it turns out while I was suffering my pregnancy and the after effects of almost dying, my husband would go to a woman he knew at work and get it off with her. He said this as if he did me a favor.

Well as the CPS worker explained to us, my husband is her closest living relative that can care for her. The woman's family apparently wanted nothing to do with the poor little girl. When she asked us if we wanted to take her in I said yes. Yes I know this might be the true cause of all my issues, but my husband pawned that poor girl off to live with her single mother for five years, he doesn't get to pawn her away when she needs help. She's his responsibility, and now is ours.

I told him I'll help take care of the necessary visits for wellness checks and help with whatever CPS wants us to do. All he had to do was explain everything to our children. The fact I'm saying this tells you what he did. Yes, nothing. We had to clean out a room and buy new furniture and even looked for some toys, our children go to a private school so I picked up some more work hours in order to be able to afford her tuition, I was the one who had to tell our extended families the big change because he didn't want to do so. I did almost all the heavy lifting.

So color me shocked when his daughter finally joins our family two weeks ago and the first words out of our children's mouths was "who's that?" Yes, I was the one who had to tell our children's school, extended families, family doctors, and my workplace about my husband's affair and subsequent addition to our family. But he couldn't tell our children being he was "too ashamed" to face them.

So guess who was the one who had to explain that they have a sister now as I'm trying to settle the poor girl into her new home and room? And shocker, our children didn't take the news well as it was happening right in front of them. My daughter was screaming while crying causing my son and the little girl to cry. A situation that could have been avoided if my husband just did the one thing I asked of him and explained everything to them much sooner.

It's been two weeks of her living with us and the situation hasn't improved. My husband has not picked up the slack that comes with having a new addition to the family so we're struggling right now to make ends meet, I feel embarrassed bringing all three children around for appointments and groceries because the little girl is very much obviously not mine and I can tell people are judging our family, my daughter is much moodier and less happy and refuses to even acknowledge our newest addition to the family, our son doesn't really understand what is going on and it's causing even him to lash out. And I don't even know how to help the poor little girl because I know that if I feel like my life is falling apart, she must feel even worst.

I suggested family therapy, therapy for our children, even just marriage therapy so we can hopefully move past this and work together as a unit for all the children. He's refused everything, saying that he knows he'll be lectured by everyone when all he was doing was trying to help me. I just don't know how to fix this, please help me. I don't want to divorce him because I just know that will make it worst for the kids, but that's the only option my family is telling me. Meanwhile his family is begging me to make this work and to just... look past it.

Thank you, I hear you all loud and clear. Will be looking into therapy for me and the children and hopefully a good divorce lawyer. But first I need to get some answers because some of you are raising some good points.

Bolding mine.

That's an oddly strong reaction from the 10-year-old, considering that the father had already clearly explained the situation to her ...

1 week later:

quote:

I'm sorry, you all were right. It was a lie. When all of you were pointing out how the kids responses to youngest arriving didn't make sense, it made me realize how correct that is. They came home to a room all made up and I made passing comments to them asking about how excited they were for youngest's arrival. They should have known about her.

At this point I decided to just ask my eldest daughter directly because she was still so upset about it and I think subconsciously knew I wasn't going to get the truth from husband. So I went to her room while she was lying in bed and I asked her. I told her that I asked her father to explain to the two of them what was going to happen, they saw her new room, I talked about her to them so I don't understand my eldest's reaction.

So yes, it turns out husband didn't tell them and then me the truth. A surprise to no one I am figuring out. The story he told the kids was that youngest was a daughter of one of OUR friends, and we felt so bad we had to take her in. Nothing about her being their half-sister or him having a daughter with another woman. Well when she came home that day and the kids asked who she was - the pictures we were able to share of youngest she had braids in and wore much different clothing then when she arrived - it was my response to them that ruined his little lie. "This is (youngest's name), your half-sister, remember?" Our son was too young to really get what it meant, but our daughter did. That's why she freaked out that day, not because of the new addition to the family but because what the new addition meant.

I apologized for causing her to freak out that day, for not sitting both her and her brother down for a real discussion over how they feel and to make sure their father did what he was supposed to do, and apologized for only talking to her now after she had a much deserved reaction to it all. My daughter accepted the apology, and I asked her if that was why she was distant from the youngest. She told me that's part of it, and because word got out at her school about what the newest addition to our family going to the school meant so now she's getting teased and picked on for having a father who cheated. It broke my heart realizing just how badly I messed up.

By continuing to beg the spineless man they called a father to help them and then allowing myself to get shut down, I was essentially allowing all the kids' needs to be ignored. I told daughter I'll sign her and her brother and sister up for therapy. Of course the pathetic man tried to plead with me not to when I mentioned signing the kids up, but I told him to give it up already. All three children's lives have changed, and it will help them adjust with a professional to speak to. He's been grumbling and whining about it, but I don't care anymore.

And this might cause many to be upset with me, but I'm in the process with husband to have him transfer custody of youngest to me. I've grown to care for her, and as some comments in my last post have pointed out once I do divorce him and leave with our kids I don't doubt he'll treat her awfully or neglect her. He's been right on board and it took some convincing but his parents finally agreed to be witnesses. I got all the paperwork set up and scheduled an appointment with an attorney to help with anything else. Once that happens I'll try to get everything I need in order to have a smoother divorce and then subsequent move to be closer to my family.

Thank you to everyone for giving me a good slap in the face and help me realize that the children and I deserve better and I was being so gullible into thinking a man who cheats on his dying pregnant wife is deserving of any respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

Anna wants to move in, but first Julie has to move out. Which is not true, the house is big enough for Anna to move in and Julie to stay.

So the plan was to accuse me of wanting to cheat and to safe the relationship I would kick Julie out.

:eyepop: