Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Just pretend that I'm nodding knowingly at all the posts that replied to my question about edits. I figured I was missing at least a few edits here and there basically because I'm coming from an era where the edit-to-comic ratio was like 3:1, if not higher.

In all my years following the old comic strip megathreads, I made a grand total of two edits (both 11 years ago, originals 1 and 2 for the curious), so it's not like I was going to bring editing back entirely by myself if the trend had completely died, hence my question.

Doomykins posted:

My crop was bigger than I remember but I only strike when I get a lightning bolt of inspiration, apparently.

This are all awesome. :haw:

edit: not my proudest snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 06, 1963)

Another fief is gonna be laid waste just because of this greedy rear end in a top hat

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
you should look up if you can get Cajeta anywhere in your neck of the woods, its good as hell

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My skills in Photoshop GIMP are pretty much limited to dialogue changes. I think this is the only edit I've done lately, from these two originals:

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (January 29, 1977)

+

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

=

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I wish they had shown us the pictures he used.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Wow! What a ride that strip was!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

:lol: You can hear the doc's face fall in the strip when she asks to go with him.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hmm Japanese medical data from 1930s china, well I’m sure this is all above the board :stonk:

"Our best data for this potentially life-threatening women's health condition is from an iffy source from 60 years ago" really, really tracks.

RE Communion: I grew up in an evangelical church that did grape juice with communion. One Sunday our youth group visited a different church that did wine. I felt so very very holy as I politely turned down the communion wine I was offered by those EPISCOPALIAN DRUNKS

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Powered Descent posted:

My skills in Photoshop GIMP are pretty much limited to dialogue changes.

I mean, same. :shrug: Edits don't have to be complex, intricate masterpieces to be welcome, at least not for me. I can only speak for myself, as someone whose most recent comic strip megathread posts before today were in the Happy After Death 2013 thread.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I wish they had shown us the pictures he used.

I bet he had a full head of hair in at least one of them. :v:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

drat, I love how the Morgans have money to just visit places like Lilac and Pastel Lime Green.

no part of this makes me think the rabbits aren't going to either kill Francis or steal his genes for weapon purposes.

sure.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

I have a distinct memory of hearing my alarm, getting up, going through my entire morning routine, realizing it was actually not the time followed by actually waking up to my actual alarm and just muttering god drat it for the next 20 minutes. betrayed by my own dreams

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

YeahTubaMike posted:

So, am I extremely unobservant, or do people just not do edits anymore? I'm willing to accept that I might just be really late to this news, since it's been kind of a while since I followed a comic strip megathread.

Well, this is depressing. :smith:

I'll do 'em every now and then. I can't be arsed to go back and link all the ones I've done so far for this thread because I'm phone posting, but this one is my favorite of the ones I've done this thread.

I nuked my imgur account a while back so any i did in previous threads are probably gone now.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I think Tildy and Andrzej overestimated his popularity.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

So, am I extremely unobservant, or do people just not do edits anymore? I'm willing to accept that I might just be really late to this news, since it's been kind of a while since I followed a comic strip megathread.

I've done a couple for the heck of it

Original

Kennel posted:

Surgeon's Tales

Edit

Original

Edit

Angry_Ed posted:

The War Games match from Fall Brawl 1995 seems different from what I remember...

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I like to switch the captions on Daddy Daze and Take it From the Tinkersons, see if anyone notices.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ba ba ba?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

This is the most irritating thing possible to read every day?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

LvK posted:

I like to switch the captions on Daddy Daze and Take it From the Tinkersons, see if anyone notices.

That "lemon bar graph" Daddy Daze script actually made sense on Tinkersons. I suspect there are a fair number of DD scripts that would be more coherent on any strip where a parent is talking to a non-infant child, tbf.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Are we still reposting our edits?

E: I apparently had a fourth but Imgur ate it and I have no memory whatsoever of what it was.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 2, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

robot roll call posted:

This is the most irritating thing possible to read every day?

Ba!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/9/52

Archie 4/17-19/50

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 8/1-3/77

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Are we still reposting our edits?

My own lovely contributions

Just the eyelid, the original looked like a lazy eye and I helped it along

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I'm a provider of raw material (some days more than others), but I've been known to dabble.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Julet Esqu posted:

"Our best data for this potentially life-threatening women's health condition is from an iffy source from 60 years ago" really, really tracks.

Japan invaded China in the late 1930s, and a biological warfare detachment in Manchuria experimented freely on Chinese and Korean prisoners. Research coming out of China in the 30s about just letting ectopic pregnancies resolve themselves may well have been a product of that research (horrifyingly, to this day, that's where our best data on hypothermia came from).

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I hope Sarah gets to make another batch of brownies

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Safety Dance posted:

Japan invaded China in the late 1930s, and a biological warfare detachment in Manchuria experimented freely on Chinese and Korean prisoners. Research coming out of China in the 30s about just letting ectopic pregnancies resolve themselves may well have been a product of that research (horrifyingly, to this day, that's where our best data on hypothermia came from).

Yeah, we swept up all of the documents from Unit 731.

50% mortality odds don't sound great.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

rannum posted:

I have a distinct memory of hearing my alarm, getting up, going through my entire morning routine, realizing it was actually not the time followed by actually waking up to my actual alarm and just muttering god drat it for the next 20 minutes. betrayed by my own dreams

Edit: I got a few fairly recent edits:

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 2, 2024

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

...Alright then.

Big Nate

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

EasyEW posted:

Our Boarding House (July 16-18, 1925)

Could someone please Red'n'Rover what "the horse laugh from Ben-Hur" is?

Obviously it can't be a scene from the Heston film.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

It could be a play on "hoarse laugh". A Ben-Hur silent film came out in 1925 starring Ramon Novarro .

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum's Mad Dog Morgan edits were pretty fun

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

:actually:

The data center did not cause the wildfire. It was caused by a security helicopter bumping into a power converter while it was chasing a couple of trespassers off of private property. But, you know, po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Not like this is for a journalistic publication or anything.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Julet Esqu posted:

Heavily agreed, those were more entertaining than the actual Morgan strips.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 30, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

readingatwork posted:

...Alright then.
please consider my previous statement about Tauhid nailing it with this one fully retracted

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 30, 2002)

Fuckin' lol

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

davidspackage posted:

I love doing and reading edits, but I fear the thread moves so fast now, they tend to get buried. I know plenty of times I'll think of an edit I could do in the morning or afternoon, at work, but by the time I get home I'm like "ehh, the thread's moved on."
:justpost:

Poil posted:

I also love making edits and reading what other people come up with. But I've made some terrible ones that fell quite flat on their face in an embarrassing way (I genuinely cannot tell how one will go until it's too late).
:justpost:

Julet Esqu posted:

They're all available at https://mdmorgan.blogspot.com and I'll get around to making some more eventually. A bunch of my other edits are at https://www.instagram.com/blindcomics and https://www.facebook.com/ComicsForTheBlind. I intend to put all the old ones on there but have never got around to it, so it's not a complete archive at this stage.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
This is the only other post I have in this thread, I'm terrible at posting.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 13, 1963)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/1/04

Brenda Starr 2/16-18/53

Smokey Stover 4/9/61

Everyday Movies 6/29/37

"I just feel he's going to be the nicest husband I ever had."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/16-18/43

Closer Than We Think! 4/9/61

"Also, tomatoes are going to be the size of medicine balls for some reason."

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

:actually:

The data center did not cause the wildfire. It was caused by a security helicopter bumping into a power converter while it was chasing a couple of trespassers off of private property. But, you know, po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Not like this is for a journalistic publication or anything.

I said it before, but that fire 100% killed off the other horses. And that's not even getting into how all that smoke must add to the damage on the ozone layer. For someone who claims to be an outdoors-y environmentalist, nuMark is terrible at it.

Come to think of it, has nuMark ever actually sat down and typed an article? Because AFAIK, he keeps getting sent to these techbro events, stirring up poo poo and causing massive property damage, and going back home to gloat about how he solved everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, the lesson I've learned from Invisible Scarlet is to never buy "artisanal" coffee. Supermarket it is from now on!