Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

insane clown pussy posted:

lol they got the death panels lady on cnn right now squawking about all the antisemitic violence on college campuses

Not the Death Panel podcast I hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

JainDoh posted:

cali and ny specifically using literally everyone in the state for each protest is going to really get weird when these pigs are exhausted from showing up at their 9th straight

e: https://x.com/medickimw/status/1785832102606393653
https://x.com/JonnyPeltz/status/1785866323517636663

bringing the LRAD out already?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

e: Oh for chrissakes, read Jacob Neusner, then get mad at me.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 05:28 on May 2, 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bruh

speng31b
May 8, 2010

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://x.com/thomasbirm/status/1785854306031133172

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
e: good call

\/\/\/yeah I dunno, I think it's partially to slime all current and future protesters against Israel by lumping them in with people calling Jews "Christ-killers" or whatever.\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 05:29 on May 2, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Why would they include that in a law? That's what I'm saying. It's one thing to say "Don't call Jewish people (old timey slur)", it's another to have that on the books.

Because, it's not up to the United States to rule on the actual thing associated with historical antisemitism, that's why the language is problematic.

I'm clearly, for the record, not saying "call Jewish people old timey slur", I'm saying, that is a weird thing to include in the bill.

e: and also, the people responding to this are guilty of Italian erasure.

https://x.com/_Sam_Hamilton/status/1782786430109880414

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 05:31 on May 2, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://x.com/zubkbr/status/1785875351987540064

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Also... I'm sorry, but "claims of Jews killing Jesus"? The US is legislating the Crucifixion now?

You're going to get nailed for this one. See you in three days.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

post COVID posted:

these kids fuckin rule

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Precambrian Video Games posted:

lol that got a sensible chuckle out of me

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Salvor_Hardin posted:

My (professor) wife was with the UMN encampment tonight and it looks like an agreement was reached with the administration.

The announcement is here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6cwrR1Mc6m/

1) University to issue apology for previous actions tomorrow
2) Disclose a full list of financial entanglements with Israel by May 7
3) Hold a vote on diventment by May 10th

Some other stuff too, I don't have any official documentation. This seems much more tangible and immediate than what the Brown encampment got. Also crucially, they aren't breaking the encampment until the university begins to deliver.

I don't have experience in these types of negotiations or a real perspective on what was sought and what was realistic but this seems pretty cool and I am really happy for those student (and supporting faculty of which there were many) who seem very stoked.

xpost from p/i tho many of you are prolly already following it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

World War Mammories posted:

sounds like heaven

it is very much not

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lmao took me a second

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

perfect

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
idiot student protestors dont realize that those bagels quickly become a projectile deadlier than any brick

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Everyone knows Italians killed Jesus

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Jesus Christ.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Eminent DNS posted:

Everyone knows Italians killed Jesus

he pizza pied for our sins

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://twitch.tv/cinemarxism
eyes on LA

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
lol the cinemarxism guy straight up yelling in the pigs faces goddamn

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

ucla going to pop off huh

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Noise Complaint posted:

lol the cinemarxism guy straight up yelling in the pigs faces goddamn

yeah he’s a dirty anarchist and he owns

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lmao

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Inri btich

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Forgive the mods, they know not what they do.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://x.com/jeremotographs/status/1785880742544994551

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
hate to rain on this parade, but I think something worth acknowledging here is the demographic we're discussing. i.e., a vast majority of the protestors are impressionable high school and college students, many of whom likely could not identify Palestine (or the Levant in general) on a map before October 7. Why are we already proclaiming these kids martyrs and revolutionaries even though 99% of them could not give the slightest poo poo about the conflict before it became glamorized in the cultural zeitgeist? More so, many of them are just Caucasian bourgeois silver spoon-wielding suburbanites, which just makes them disingenuous white saviors at best.

Look, I'm all for people trying to make the world a better place, but we've seen this movie before. Supporting Palestine has become trendy, and these "protestors" know that, just as boomers realized about Vietnam in the '60s, so instead of showering them with praise, give them the harsh truth: people are dying, and exploiting their suffering for applause is not admirable—it just makes you look like a loving tool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

shut the gently caress up

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

JainDoh posted:

shut the gently caress up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

theCalamity posted:

hate to rain on this parade, but I think something worth acknowledging here is the demographic we're discussing. i.e., a vast majority of the protestors are impressionable high school and college students, many of whom likely could not identify Palestine (or the Levant in general) on a map before October 7. Why are we already proclaiming these kids martyrs and revolutionaries even though 99% of them could not give the slightest poo poo about the conflict before it became glamorized in the cultural zeitgeist? More so, many of them are just Caucasian bourgeois silver spoon-wielding suburbanites, which just makes them disingenuous white saviors at best.

Look, I'm all for people trying to make the world a better place, but we've seen this movie before. Supporting Palestine has become trendy, and these "protestors" know that, just as boomers realized about Vietnam in the '60s, so instead of showering them with praise, give them the harsh truth: people are dying, and exploiting their suffering for applause is not admirable—it just makes you look like a loving tool.

you're right

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

theCalamity posted:

ehh, 2 or 3 out of 10. it tries too hard

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

i dont know how to put it with the irony poisoning poo poo, i totally get it but its just still not helpful

speng31b
May 8, 2010

drat...syqd into a probe...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

drat...syqd into a probe...

yeah rofl

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

protesting genocide should be trendy and the cool thing to do, imo