Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

from the stream, "...are THEY (the cops) saying 'don't get kettled'?" looks like everyones trying to maneuver

e: cops went back inside lfg. nothing yet but its 10:30 there and sounds like theyre saying 12-1am for the sweep

JainDoh has issued a correction as of 06:31 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Gabagool posted:

protesting genocide should be trendy and the cool thing to do, imo

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

theCalamity posted:

hate to rain on this parade, but I think something worth acknowledging here is the demographic we're discussing. i.e., a vast majority of the protestors are impressionable high school and college students, many of whom likely could not identify Palestine (or the Levant in general) on a map before October 7. Why are we already proclaiming these kids martyrs and revolutionaries even though 99% of them could not give the slightest poo poo about the conflict before it became glamorized in the cultural zeitgeist? More so, many of them are just Caucasian bourgeois silver spoon-wielding suburbanites, which just makes them disingenuous white saviors at best.

Look, I'm all for people trying to make the world a better place, but we've seen this movie before. Supporting Palestine has become trendy, and these "protestors" know that, just as boomers realized about Vietnam in the '60s, so instead of showering them with praise, give them the harsh truth: people are dying, and exploiting their suffering for applause is not admirable—it just makes you look like a loving tool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

suck my dick you retarded gently caress

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The authoritarian Biden regime's crackdown on peaceful student protests demonstrates the need for regime change in the oppressed western nation. The party needs to step down and allow democracy to flourish in the occident

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

JainDoh posted:

shut the gently caress up

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

suck my dick you retarded gently caress

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

george floyd speedrun

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

syq posting is loving annoying imo

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

cant help but feel that the authorities for sure want it to spill out into an uprising so they can flex on what they can do to dissidents before the election

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

as someone unfamiliar with the particulars of burgerland academia, what does it mean in practice when a university pledges to “hold a vote” on divestment from israel? who will be voting? students, faculty staff, donors?

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Comrade Koba posted:

as someone unfamiliar with the particulars of burgerland academia, what does it mean in practice when a university pledges to “hold a vote” on divestment from israel? who will be voting? students, faculty staff, donors?

Administrators or a panel of big donors, depending on the context.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

JainDoh posted:

cant help but feel that the authorities for sure want it to spill out into an uprising so they can flex on what they can do to dissidents before the election

I didn't think anyone making any concrete decisions about responses to the protests is operating as part of some broader conscious, intentional strategic plan

They're all little petty tyrants, like Abbott and Adams

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Majorian posted:

lmao took me a second

same

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

hes prevented from being right by a geas

yep. guy will just drop dead if he ever says something right and became insanely powerful from having to communicate exclusively in wrong statements

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mandel Brotset posted:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
also it's from a day one register with the most obvious bait av you could muster up

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

You're going to get nailed for this one. See you in three days.

lol

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Eminent DNS posted:

I didn't think anyone making any concrete decisions about responses to the protests is operating as part of some broader conscious, intentional strategic plan

They're all little petty tyrants, like Abbott and Adams

now im imagining adams' private group chat of godawful people talking about how important it is to curb the anarchism

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

jesus doing the stations of the cross thing but the crucifix is a really long post and the crown of thorns is a crown of maple leaves

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

offline what happened

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mandel Brotset posted:

syqs live or die on whether anyone bites

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

offline what happened

the police started to surround the protesters, the protesters maneuvered, the cops went back inside but the supposed timeline is iirc 12-1am for the sweep

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

syqs live or die on whether anyone bites

This one was, if anything, too successful.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

offline what happened

i think the cell towers are overloaded a bunch of streams are in and out

this guy is also there, hes a Palestinian-American dude that seems pretty chill, but hes not in the thick of it right now

https://twitch.tv/caprisunnpapi

edit: seems like he might be leaving

Noise Complaint has issued a correction as of 07:20 on May 2, 2024

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

This person is streaming with a pretty decent connection

https://twitch.tv/MissAnitaBump

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://x.com/hannahcrileyy/status/1785775418747896143
missed this earlier

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
there is no plan and there are no goals, just the purest of reactionary thought.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://x.com/_ClaraHarter/status/1785825902691270686

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

goddamn how is there even more of this poo poo i missed from earlier

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

JainDoh posted:

shut the gently caress up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

https://fxtwitter.com/ajplus/status/1785912103859257561?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Honky Mao posted:

The authoritarian Biden regime's crackdown on peaceful student protests demonstrates the need for regime change in the oppressed western nation. The party needs to step down and allow democracy to flourish in the occident

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1785670635663839710

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I met up with the protestors in Shibuya earlier. They weren’t on the loud speaker like last time on Twitter, just holding up flags and signs and taking donations. I felt good about giving some money to help out. :unsmith:

(Oh also yes, I asked for permission before taking pictures.)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:dadjoke:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Sprinterfactory/status/1785935041232560373

Baghdad University held a rally at which Iraqi students condemned the repression of American university students.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

theCalamity posted:

hate to rain on this parade, but I think something worth acknowledging here is the demographic we're discussing. i.e., a vast majority of the protestors are impressionable high school and college students, many of whom likely could not identify Palestine (or the Levant in general) on a map before October 7. Why are we already proclaiming these kids martyrs and revolutionaries even though 99% of them could not give the slightest poo poo about the conflict before it became glamorized in the cultural zeitgeist? More so, many of them are just Caucasian bourgeois silver spoon-wielding suburbanites, which just makes them disingenuous white saviors at best.

Look, I'm all for people trying to make the world a better place, but we've seen this movie before. Supporting Palestine has become trendy, and these "protestors" know that, just as boomers realized about Vietnam in the '60s, so instead of showering them with praise, give them the harsh truth: people are dying, and exploiting their suffering for applause is not admirable—it just makes you look like a loving tool.

Don't sign your posts

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1785919076843266098?t=0yXFF4eaTwYAx4RYxd0JUQ&s=19

On the ground in UCLA now
https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/status/1785973957600194739?t=lLc4-53R4ErrONV8-mHXsA&s=19

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

theCalamity posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol you stupid gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Looks like the cops have started to breach the UCLA encampment.