Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is there a term for a megalomaniac so repulsive that nobody follows him?

Entergager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

TURN OFF UR MONITOR! :roflolmao:

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

I’ve been thinking some the past few days, and I’m a glass half full kinda guy. At least he’s not obsessed with Flintstone vitamins or some poo poo, otherwise we’d mever hear about him because he would starve under a bridge. That has zero comedic value to me, a not crazy person.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sophisticationist

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's a good thing Nathen is a narcissist, that way at least one person cares about him

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is bait, isn't it?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The Egeez reply made me check if he's done anything on LinkedIn since he last popped up there and he has not, but I scrolled too fast and ended up in his experience section. I never noticed the description of what Entergage Capital does.

TRY-UPS, NOT START-UPS.

The thing I still dont get, he almost never mentions the GarfieldEATS Dubai, even when listing his work experience and merits etc. Makes me think that the Dubai restaurant was entirely by someone else

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The Alchemist posted:

The thing I still dont get, he almost never mentions the GarfieldEATS Dubai, even when listing his work experience and merits etc. Makes me think that the Dubai restaurant was entirely by someone else

Nah it was definitely him, you can go back through the Garfield Eats Instagram and see him there at the launch event, and go back through his personal one to see him hyping it up. Those weird rear end "comics" featuring him were made to hype up the Dubai launch as well.

I think he doesn't bring it up because the physical location makes for a better story. He "bootstrapped" his way into his own physical restaurant, but then the landmonsters and covid caused it to go under (definitely not bad food and poor business decisions)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Dubai location came up a lot when he was hyping the recipes but it doesn't fit his victim complex like the Toronto location, its closure and the loss of the license does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSinc/status/1786294529487712687

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

preach it brother

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i keep saying this. once a week, generally.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
2:00 PM: #entergage and elevate your #brand with licensed personal #emogeez!! the youth of #today will thank you for the empowered cross-media experience of #tomorrow

2:00 AM: i have seen the face of #god and was told to #eliminate the great satan's grip from every demonically possessed 2nd grader in this material plane

9:00 AM: even garfield isn't immune to getting a little #horny from time to time

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I was thinking of this wonderful Nathen-ism today before I saw this. It's actually a good saying, though not in the way he thinks it is.

Obviously Nathen, thinks of himself as young and part of a new generation, and the old generation is AFRAID of change and a new way of doing things. And that's why he gets put down and stopped. Not because he's a terrible manager who couldnt run a delivery service in a pandemic, but because people FEAR his YOUTH ASSET.

BUT- if youth is an asset, then an asset can be LOST. MIsspent. Wasted.

Yes, youth is an asset. One that Nathen has run thin on.

---
If some 20 something could get the rights to Garfield Vapes or CBD oil, it would destroy Nathen's entire identity.

I don't think paws inc does tobacco and there might be laws against such a thing

Busters fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 4, 2024

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BORN TO ENTERGAGE WORLD IS CORRUPT 鬼猫 License Em All 1978 I am a Garf man 410,757,864,530 DEAD IPs

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 4, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
YOUTH IS AN ASSET will be the last thing he says on his deathbed

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Escape From Noise posted:

BORN TO ENTERGAGE WORLD IS CORRUPT 鬼猫 License Em All 1978 I am a Garf man 410,757,864,530 DEAD IPs

Lmao

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSinc/status/1786784905084490151?t=zoXiNorEIJXprNQNCHzxmw&s=19

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Slimey cumhead?

I'm surprised he didn't hashtag that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

It's a mystery why nobody will work with him anymore.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Escape From Noise posted:

Slimey cumhead?

I'm surprised he didn't hashtag that.

Sounds like something you'd read in a teenager's slashfic.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

i thought he acquired the garfield license as a business asset/jumping off point to talk about licensing with licensees

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

i thought he acquired the garfield license as a business asset/jumping off point to talk about licensing with licensees

McDonald's with cleaner food!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
he acquired the garfield license as a jumping off point to protect us from the cumheads

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i read that tweet and unconsciously launched Photoshop while starting a google image search for The Coneheads movie poster; then my brain took my actions and their repercussions to their logical conclusion and i made the decision to close Photoshop

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

It's kind of hard to tell if he's obsessed with graf because he genuinely loves Garfield, or because of the licensing stuff.

Because clearly, he has really nasty capitalism brain. He's obsessed with brands, licensing, selling useless crap and "entrepreneurship". So obviously he's going to talk big about whatever he thinks he can sell.

On the other hand, he's also really bitter about how Garf was "taken" from him. Not that he ran a perfectly viable business into the ground, or taking responsibility for having a terrible menu. Garfield represents a great injustice to him. And this is compounded by the fact that Paws Inc slings it's license around willie nillie. Every time he sees a Garfield on a food product it's salt in his wound.

Most importantly: Garfield was his "first". He got a ton of daddy money and press to succeed. It had meme momentum. It was his only brush with real, orgasmic success, and nothing he's ever done has come close to that. He's still chasing that high.

Basically, Nathen lost his virginity to Garfield, and a lot of what he does is equivalent to drunk texting your ex constantly.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

quote:

Garfield was acquired created primarily as a business asset for licensing, not for artistic purposes.

Fixed that for you, Nathen

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Busters posted:

It's kind of hard to tell if he's obsessed with graf because he genuinely loves Garfield, or because of the licensing stuff.

He’s obsessed with garfield because of mental health issues hth

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If not for the word Satanic he might have written a single fairly compelling sentence, wow!

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Good: acquiring licensing for business

Evil: licensing for artistic purposes

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I like how studiously he ignored that Garfield was basically Jim Davis trying to create the most marketable cash-grab comic strip property possible. It was never about artistic merit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Licensing... bad???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MassRafTer posted:

Licensing... bad???

All non-Egeez-approved licensing is evil

Egeez is the world's first trusted and safe home for licensees to be founded by a licensed sophisticationist.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 5, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m going to throw a shoe at Nathen.

*This is an actionable threat of violence/shoe throwing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Good: acquiring licensing for business

Evil: licensing for artistic purposes

Beyond Good and Evil: licensing Garfield for ritual purposes to embody the incarnate concept of supernatural greed and hunger.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blue Moonlight posted:

I like how studiously he ignored that Garfield was basically Jim Davis trying to create the most marketable cash-grab comic strip property possible. It was never about artistic merit.
That was the same thought I had. I can't believe someone would do something with Garfield for solely marketing purposes.

Anyway,

GarfieldEATS: Sick Nick slimy cumheads

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I feel it’s not a great look that mister Eggies, protector of the sacred licenses and savior of licensees, is attacking a license holder publicly. Seems like bad marketing to me, but I’m not a license master like Nathen so maybe I’m just not seeing the 4d chess moves he’s making here

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I hear there is a tick box at the bottom of the form you fill out to hire the services of nates IP thing, that says "I have a relationship with my licensed IP(/'s) that others have called disturbing and unhealthy" and if you don't tick it, it won't let you submit the form.

Nate really wants to weed out any losers that are just in the IP game for the money.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
His new obsession with Nickelodeon is really loving annoying. I know he was yelling about the parent company before but continuing to exploit abused kids’ trauma so that he can whine about his long lost Garfield license is extremely gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Still waiting for Nathfeld to cleanse this bitch of an earth