Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
All three idols unplayed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
This has to be a record for most idols unplayed

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Diabetic posted:

This has to be a record for most idols unplayed

Nah

Season 39 had five of them found and unplayed, Kaoh Rong had four unplayed, there's others

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They showed me by successfully pulling over Liz. like i said though that's a baller move by Liz considering how strongly she feels about Q.

And pretty funny that Tiffany fell for a Q smoke screen the very episode after Hunter did.

My feeling before this ep was that Tiff was at high risk but if she went after that everyone would turn against Maria. Whether that happens depends on whether Maria can hold onto Q though I think. Honestly Charlie winning that immunity is what got Tiff out but it also raises Charlie's profile.

But can they get Venus, Liz, Kenzie, and Ben against Maria (and Charlie and Q)?

dweepus
Nov 25, 2021
I know it's easy to play armchair Survivor from the comfort of my home, but how did none of them see the potential for getting two birds stoned at once here? Tell everyone to vote Q, but "let it slip" that the vote could be for Tiff, Tiff gets scared and plays her idol but Q goes home anyway. Seems like that play was handed to them on a silver platter what with Tiff talking before about how she wants to play her idol at a hint of trouble. But no takers?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

dweepus posted:

I know it's easy to play armchair Survivor from the comfort of my home, but how did none of them see the potential for getting two birds stoned at once here? Tell everyone to vote Q, but "let it slip" that the vote could be for Tiff, Tiff gets scared and plays her idol but Q goes home anyway. Seems like that play was handed to them on a silver platter what with Tiff talking before about how she wants to play her idol at a hint of trouble. But no takers?
I think the trick here is, not only do a few want Tiff out anyway (maria and Charlie) but also if she knows votes are coming for her, is she still happy to go along voting Q? Or if she knows half the tribe is swinging against her do they send some votes at one of the others?

Fast Luck posted:

But can they get Venus, Liz, Kenzie, and Ben against Maria (and Charlie and Q)?
Maybe that group finally kills Q and then Maria after? also an option.

or replace Ben in that group with Q instead, since they only need one of the two. not sure which is a better chance, probably Ben though, but I just don't know if he has that gear in him. But voting out Tiff here says maybe he does.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

dweepus posted:

But then if it's just slightly too obvious, maybe it convinces Tiff that's what they're doing and she holds it for another vote. Maybe she wins the next immunity after almost winning this one, too.

I do think this move causes a lot of visibility problems for Maria, but I was thinking that before they showed us all that in the preview.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hate to say it but Tiff got way too comfortable.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have suffered an aneuryism over the awful idol play this season

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

idol greed is real, and it's spectacular

Pretty sure this is Maria's game to win now with Charlie and Venus in the final 3.

-I don't see the other players letting Ben get far enough, and we've barely heard from him since the merge.
-Q's obviously still hyper-visible but game is dead at FTC; he's probably just being set up for the Survivor Villain's Downfall(tm) in the next 1-2 episodes.
-Liz had a little offhand comment about needing someone else to make fire and was shown struggling with the flint during the Applebee's soliloquy. The editors also love Mandatory Firemaking foreshadowing (Carson and his glasses)
-Kenzie got left out of this vote on top of getting rid of her closest ally for minimal gain; I think she got pretty firmly outplayed by Maria here.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Weird chaos avatar Q survives another vote lmao

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I think it's very likely this puts a spotlight on Charlie and Maria so unless they find the idol and win the immunity, I think one of them is gone. Getting left out of this vote weirdly puts Kenzie in a good middle spot since there are so many goats.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

dweepus posted:

Liz looks legitimately crushed.

The whole time I was hoping anyone but Q would win, because any other person would have picked her. There's something to be said for not going on a show if you can't eat most of the food, but America loves that "you can do anything you put your mind to!" attitude, and we constantly see people on this show and TAR who can't do basic skills you kinda need for them. We're also really far into the season for there to be no rice, and no one seems to be fishing either; she'd be eating on any other season (I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the seasons like most of you so I'm making an educated assumption here). From our perspective her reaction was over the top, but when you haven't eaten in a while, you have a big emotional connection to the food because of your child that you haven't seen in weeks, and you're in this place where there really isn't that much going on so you obsess more over stuff like that... imo it's understandable.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I'm not sure why Liz was cast on the show given that she can't eat. Jeff saying after her meltdown that you don't have to apologise for having feelings was a pretty good laugh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hindsight is 20/20, thursday morning quarter back, etc, but i think if tiffany was that gung-ho about holding her idol ANOTHER vote, and she felt reassured that it was going to be a unanimous Q vote, she should have used her Shot In The Dark this vote if only to gauge her tribemates reactions to see if she SHOULD idol or not. best case scenario, she hits Safe and didn't waste an Idol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Q rules.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I have no sympathy for Liz, and I think Ben can gently caress right off. Oh, she's got a good story, that's great, she doesn't deserve to go on a reward because of that.

If Q does make it to Final, I think he's not just an instant third. And I hope he's got his speech rehearsed if anybody calls him out for taking Liz about how none of the other three offered to give up their spot for her.

And lets be honest; if Q had taken Liz, we'd see her cackling in a confessional about what an idiot he is for feeding her and she's still going to vote him out ASAP.

All I know is, they have to gun for Maria, ASAP.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Q, zero chance of winning the game

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Q/Liz thing was very funny, but I think Q not taking her was probably bad- not for any moral reasons, Liz isn't OWED anything in that kind of sense, but I think Q has burned any chance of getting a jury vote from her whatsoever.

I mean yeah, Q probably wasn't getting her vote if he gets to the end anyways and I think its pretty drat unlikely he wins this game at this point, but it seems like bad gameplay to burn even an extremely rickety bridge this hard and this publicly. Again not to say I don't think Liz isn't being entitled, but to some extent on Survivor I think you need to play to other people's egos.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Applebees really got their money's worth from this episode, holy poo poo.

Q acknowledging that she hasn't eaten in almost 3 weeks then immediately going "but I'm going to take Kenzie" was ice cold.

Tiff non-play wasn't as bad as Hunter but was pretty close.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Tiff: having this idol that everybody knows about is bad; I have to play it

Also Tiff: doesn't play the idol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SteveVizsla posted:

The whole time I was hoping anyone but Q would win, because any other person would have picked her. There's something to be said for not going on a show if you can't eat most of the food, but America loves that "you can do anything you put your mind to!" attitude, and we constantly see people on this show and TAR who can't do basic skills you kinda need for them. We're also really far into the season for there to be no rice, and no one seems to be fishing either; she'd be eating on any other season (I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the seasons like most of you so I'm making an educated assumption here). From our perspective her reaction was over the top, but when you haven't eaten in a while, you have a big emotional connection to the food because of your child that you haven't seen in weeks, and you're in this place where there really isn't that much going on so you obsess more over stuff like that... imo it's understandable.
I understand she's literally starving due to her tribe failing the rice negotiation for the first time ever so I thought her reaction was fine except she couldn't help but veer into "Q ruined my game" territory for a lot of it :lol: Like what the hell is that, Q got up and acted the fool during the Tevin vote but that didn't stop it from happening! She still got it done! Why is she holding onto that so much.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Since Liz got her single portion of rice, I hope she takes that jar with her to every single tribal council so that if her tribe votes her out, none of them get her rice.

I'm still not really rooting for anyone this season. It seems that Maria, Charlie, and Kenzie are getting winners edits at this point, although I think Kenzie's momentum stalled this week after being left out of the Tiff vote.

I don't think Q or Liz have a shot at getting a single vote if they make it to the finals. Q has shown himself to be an unrepentant rear end in a top hat throughout the game, all the way back to calling Bhanu his Phillip Shepard. And this week with comparing people he betrays to employees that he's fired in the past. The man is cold. Liz, I think had any of the 3 people selected for the Applebees reward liked Liz even a little bit, they probably would have swapped places with her. She's also consistently been left out of the blindsides until this week.

Ben has pretty much been a non-entity in this game. I can see Venus getting a vote or two from bitter jury members who commend her for making it to the final, despite playing from the bottom since episode one. But at this point it's probably Maria or Charlie's to win.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah what is up with Ben lol. Outside of the occasional Van Halen reference, he really seems like he hasn't done much.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AMikeBloomType/status/1786042217661903037?t=RKGKLQ78H1MQgQEiE1buYg&s=19

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

drat he's cold.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

So loving cool

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Watching ep now and give me a loving break Liz. At the point of tears because he "thunder was stolen" by Q's dumbass freakout. She's acting like if he didn't do that everyone would be carrying her around and cheering the dragonslayer for her incredible moves, just bow down, tell her she is the greatest and that she needs no help from anyone.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

She’s the only one who is actually starving from not eating in the new era dawg, she’s not thinking clearly

How is she supposed to react

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lol is he making them go against their will? Are they being kidnapped?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol Ben is randomly playing a venue like a block from my house next week so I guess I will go to that!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fast Luck posted:

Lol is he making them go against their will? Are they being kidnapped?

The classic Kidnapplebees maneuver

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You think you can get out of going to Applebees? BIG MISTAKE.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Q is just the best my god

https://twitter.com/QMB_4/status/1786019216073576871

Popero fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 2, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you want to control your fate, ask to be voted off 3 times and denied. Then the controlling can begin.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Q is 'entertaining' in a trainwreck way but I know too many hyperanal controlling people like him in real life to actually enjoy him as a character.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://twitter.com/BKdegreaser69/status/1785841644492689845

https://twitter.com/QMB_4/status/1786019216073576871

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, all those comments itt speculating that his tantrum at tribal was about staying in control were on the money to the letter. I am impressed, a little sad, and mostly just awed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat I got busy at work so I missed the applebees meltdown and also tribal. lol at this tie Oh my site is still an episode behind and I forgot I saw this one already oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Raxivace posted:

You think you can get out of going to Applebees? BIG MISTAKE.

Lmao