Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah, now at least he has a house. when they split he has a place for the kids, after he gets full custody by simply putting her in front of a judge and letting her talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mystes posted:

If they thought they were subletting from OP they still thought she was their landlord so it makes no difference.

This is not how people usually think about flat-share situations. If you're all renting a place together but only the people who were there when the lease was originally signed are actually on the lease - that's a pretty normal situation and most people will think of themselves as equal co-tenants. (As long as nothing's actually going wrong to the point where who is or isn't on the lease actually becomes relevant).

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

mystes posted:

I feel like the most charitable reading is that he has totally given up on her but puts up with her because she's the mother of his children

Some people get into "project" relationships - the "all they need is a good partner and all their problems will be solved - I shall be that partner!" type of people. By the time they realize that doesn't work, there are kids involved and time sunk into the relationship, and it just keeps going on inertia.

It sounds like he's given up on her, but was still on for getting married. Hopefully he gets custody of the kids.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A vendor sprays George with a perfume sample at the mall and he gets perturbed but for the rest of the day women way out of his league are flirting with him left and right. He desperately tries to find the vendor again to find out what cologne it was. Even Elaine starts flirting with him before realizing what she's doing and gets angry and pushes him. She starts looking for the same perfume salesman to chase him out of town because George should never have that power.

Jerry's girlfriend is an environmental activist and makes Jerry promise to boycott a specific food company, but the company makes his favorite chocolate sandwich cookie, which he must continue to eat in secret and hide in Kramer's apartment.

Kramer is dealing with an ant problem that is being exacerbated by this and calls in Newman who got a minor in pest control to help him deal with the situation.

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

A vendor sprays George with a perfume sample at the mall and he gets perturbed but for the rest of the day women way out of his league are flirting with him left and right. He desperately tries to find the vendor again to find out what cologne it was. Even Elaine starts flirting with him before realizing what she's doing and gets angry and pushes him. She starts looking for the same perfume salesman to chase him out of town because George should never have that power.

Jerry's girlfriend is an environmental activist and makes Jerry promise to boycott a specific food company, but the company makes his favorite chocolate sandwich cookie, which he must continue to eat in secret and hide in Kramer's apartment.

Kramer is dealing with an ant problem that is being exacerbated by this and calls in Newman who got a minor in pest control to help him deal with the situation.
If you're going to accidentally post this in this thread I think you at least should have to write it like an r/relationships post

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What the gently caress how does this keep happening. I think the app is glitched.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wow imaginary Seinfeld is just as bad as real Seinfeld.

(The only good Seinfeld episode is the Leaning Susan.)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

the gf discovers jerry right as he's about to eat one, he panics and says he bought them to test to see what kind of chemical are really in there. the lab finds the pesticides and the cookie is pulled from the shelves. coincidentally one of the chemicals used in the cookie is also used in the perfume, so when george finally finds the vendor he doesn't have any left. Elaine finds the vendor attractive and asks him out but he's gay.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

mystes posted:

I don't understand how this is possible. How did they enter a lease without knowing who the landlord was? I guess they had no written lease agreement?

If they thought they were subletting from OP they still thought she was their landlord so it makes no difference.

Otherwise did she say she was collecting rent on behalf of the landlord or something? She still has to show them around when they were looking so I don't really understand how they could not at least see her as effectively the person on the lease they were subletting from

I think at least in Commonwealth countries it's quite common to use letting agents, especially if you're just a person renting out your own home and not a professional landlord with multiple properties. The tenant applies through the agency, pays rent to the agency etc. No idea if the agency has to disclose who the landlord is though.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Moon Slayer posted:

My Husband's (36M) Affair Daughter (5F) Was Dropped Off At Our House Two Weeks Ago and Its Causing Issues in Our Marriage. Is There Anyway to Salvage This?

Bolding mine.

That's an oddly strong reaction from the 10-year-old, considering that the father had already clearly explained the situation to her ...

1 week later:

absolutely not the way i expected this post to go and i love this woman.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA: broke sister won’t pay back rich brother

Yeah, just eat the loss, my dude. But also lol, his sister is bad with money

Eat the loss and issue a 1099-C so that the IRS can get it's fair share of the sister's income.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shanghaied posted:

I think at least in Commonwealth countries it's quite common to use letting agents, especially if you're just a person renting out your own home and not a professional landlord with multiple properties. The tenant applies through the agency, pays rent to the agency etc. No idea if the agency has to disclose who the landlord is though.
Googling it, it seems like the actual landlord is still your landlord legally and your lease agreement would be with them rather than the landlord, so I don't think there's any way to avoid disclosing this information even in commonwealth countries using letting agents.

In general, I think to avoid disclosing the identity of the landlord in the US you would have to have the property owned by an LLC that you create that acts as a landlord or something

That's why I think the only way to try to avoid this would be for OP to informally rent the room without a written lease agreement and collect the money in cash, but this would be suspicious enough that I don't see how they could not realize OP is their landlord

Also, at least in the US, there's no way that the landlord of an apartment is going to be renting individual rooms separately anyway.

Since realistically I don't see any way for them not to have known that they were paying OP, I guess the most reasonable interpretation is that they thought they were subletting from OP but considered themselves equal co-tenants like Jabor is saying in that situation, so they were still upset to find out that OP actually owned the apartment instead of them just subletting from her or something?

The fact that Jabor is saying this clearly indicates that a lot of people think that way, so I guess that explains how they could have known they were renting from her but still been mad to discover that she was the actual owner of the apartment.

mystes fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 2, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
AITA for refusing to let my estranged sister and her husband stay in mine and my husband's vacation home?

quote:

Before we got married my husband used to live in a nice little house that he kept and added my name to the deed and we use as a vacation home now. We only use it two or three times a year and so we do sometimes let friends or family stay there for a few days or a week if they want to get away. This has never been a problem for us. But now we were asked to let my estranged sister and her husband stay and I said no. My husband is in 100% agreement with me on that. My sister and her husband are at this present time homeless. They were renting for several years and in the same place a long time but got kicked out due to issues with their landlord and they're in desperate need of a place to stay until they can find a more permanent place.

BG; My sister and I were very close growing up. My best friend for my entire childhood was a guy. The guy who is now married to my sister for those who can probably guess. I always had a huge crush on him and honestly I was in love with him by the time we were 20. My sister also had a guy she liked but not super well. When I was 20 we were all at a party and the guy my sister liked flirted with me. My sister was pissed even though I didn't flirt back and told him I wasn't interested. She told me we don't do anything with guys the other liked. I agreed. I never would have done that to her anyway.

A year or two later my relationship with my best friend changed. He was flirting with me and I was flirting back. He was more physically affectionate and he started kissing me and it felt like we were slowly becoming more than best friends. Things were progressing like that and then suddenly I discover that him and my sister were a couple and had started sleeping together. He told me he wanted to keep his options open and my sister told me she really liked him and she wanted me to understand. I called her a hypocrite for doing that when she turned on me for the guy she had liked flirting with me after I turned him down and then promising and making me promise we'd never do this to each other. She told me it was different. I told her I would never trust her or look at her the same way again. They told me I didn't own him. I told him he was hosed up for leading me on when he wanted my sister. Our family took my side afterward, especially my other two siblings. I haven't seen or spoken to my sister or her husband since.

It's our parents who helped set up the request for a place to stay. And they were disappointed when I said no. My other sister and brother are firmly on my side and they were disgusted my sister and her husband would even dare ask me. My sister said at least I get to live out my dream because I'm married with kids and she can't have any. And the least I can do is put aside petty childhood drama to help them not be homeless. My sister and her husband called me a bitch for refusing and even my parents said I was going too far with the estrangement by refusing to help.
"kicked out due to issues with their landlord" - issues with the landlord, eh?

This is like an AITA bingo card:
- Sibling betrayal and estrangement over stolen boyfriend? Check.
- Other people volunteering OPs time/money/property (but not their own)? Check.
- A "temporary" housing arrangement that will almost certainly become permanent? Check.
- Bitterness over fertility issues? Check.

All it needs is someone's phone blowing up and for someone to be pregnant with twins.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

mystes posted:

Not involving her in the financial stuff is clearly justified but totally excluding her from the process of looking for a house and just suddenly saying "I bought a house" does not seem good
The ideal solution to this problem would be that you look for a house together, then when it comes time to start discussing finances and filling out paperwork, she completely vanishes from the conversations - not on the loan application, not listed as co-owner, no mention whatsoever that she exists.

But that would require her to be willing to accept that. Based on her complete financial illiteracy and comments, I don't really think she would. To me, it reads like if she knew the process was happening, she would have expected and demanded to be on the applications and documents for their "family investment" and to show that he cares more about love than the "mortgage lender's judgment" and etc.

mystes
May 31, 2006

MagusofStars posted:

The ideal solution to this problem would be that you look for a house together, then when it comes time to start discussing finances and filling out paperwork, she completely vanishes from the conversations - not on the loan application, not listed as co-owner, no mention whatsoever that she exists.

But that would require her to be willing to accept that. Based on her complete financial illiteracy and comments, I don't really think she would. To me, it reads like if she knew the process was happening, she would have expected and demanded to be on the applications and documents for their "family investment" and to show that he cares more about love than the "mortgage lender's judgment" and etc.
I guess the thing I don't understand is how they can even be in a relationship if he can't trust her to know that he's looking at houses and ask her to not sign anything. And it doesn't seem like keeping her in the dark helped prevent her from freaking out.

It also seems like he's basically treating her like a child. But unfortunately it seems like he's probably right to do that?

But I guess it makes more sense if he's already written off their relationship and is simply tolerating her existence for their children?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

I don't understand how this is possible. How did they enter a lease without knowing who the landlord was? I guess they had no written lease agreement?

Otherwise did she say she was collecting rent on behalf of the landlord or something? She still has to show them around when they were looking so I don't really understand how they could not at least see her as effectively the person on the lease they were subletting from

It does sound like OP was invoking a phantom landlord:

quote:

So a few times I have scheduled "checks" to get things rolling if they're being pushed aside and mentioned I might have to complain if things weren't tidied up properly.

I think it's way less dickish to ask people to treat your stuff nicely than it is to invent a fake authority figure that you're going to threaten to tattle to, so yeah, OP is definitely the rear end in a top hat.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

i confronted my boyfriend about his smelly rear end and now he won’t talk to me

quote:

my boyfriend 19M and i 21F have been together for almost 3 years and we are long distance. he’s staying at my house for 2 weeks and it’s his birthday today. his underwear smells like feces and it’s even making his trousers smell like feces. i could get past this for a while but today i woke up to his side of the bed smelling like poo poo because he slept in his underwear. i flat out asked him if he could wash his rear end cause i can’t bear the smell of it in my bed. i removed my sheets and had to clean the top of my mattress cause even that smelled. he’s also got all his dirty underwear in a pile in my room and it’s stinking up the whole place even though i’ve got my windows open. please help. he was really reluctant to even wash his rear end and he’s SO angry at me right now he’s legit physically pushing me away when i try to get close to him. i doubt i’ll be able to get him to wash his underwear or trousers. what the hell can i say or do to get him to stop being mad at me? and how can i gently nudge him to be more hygienic? he’s EXTREMELY stubborn and will likely refuse anything i say cause he’s too embarrassed now

tldr: boyfriend won’t talk to me on his birthday because i confronted him about all his clothing and my bed smelling like poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shitpilled smellmaxxing.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

mystes posted:

Not involving her in the financial stuff is clearly justified but totally excluding her from the process of looking for a house and just suddenly saying "I bought a house" does not seem good

DreamingofRoses posted:

bothers me for some reason. And buying a house without telling your long term partner earlier in the process (before closing) seems kind of shady too. They both need to get away from each other and this woman needs a financial literacy course and better therapy.

My read is that the OP insists on being the co-owner of any house they buy. Which is not unreasonable in itself. The problem is that they also need to get a loan to buy a house, and pretty much every single bank is gonna require every single co-owner of a property to co-sign the loan. Except no bank is ever going to want to touch the OP, and her financial situation just continues to worsen.

The BF realised that the OP is never gonna get her poo poo together enough to be allowed to co-sign a loan, and thus co-own a house, and the OP is never going to relent on being a co-owner, and saving enough to buy a house with cash will take decades. And he really wants to own a house in this lifetime. So for him the alternatives becomes a) never own a house, b) buy a house on his own. He chose b).

Does that make the BF an rear end in a top hat? Maybe, but the OP also has to realise that she very likely cannot co-own a house in her lifetime, which she does not. She's explaining the situation badly because she literally doesn't understand. She thinks it's all because the BF is embarrassed or ashamed of being associated with her, when in reality, it's about neither of them will ever get to own their own home, if she insists on being a co-owner.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Hot Stunt posted:

This is sad. Your birthday is the one day you should be free of criticism about your unwashed rear end that is so bad it leaves a poop comet tail wherever you go.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Hughlander posted:

Debated posting this here or in the Bad With Money thread...

AITA for giving my fiance my ring back because he closed on a house without telling me?

My ex-wife was like this, even with the love trumps finances and I hope your money keeps you company lines. If he's anything like I was I don't make six figs lol, he doesn't have a spine to tell his wife that he's not spending his money on frivolous purchases, or she starts fights when he doesn't spend his money the way she likes, so he just keeps his finances from his wife so he doesn't have to deal with that. But that really means you should separate instead of trying to stay together for the kids or avoid spousal support.

I'm glad I didn't get to the point where I'm house hunting without my spouse :cmon:

Moon Slayer posted:

My Husband's (36M) Affair Daughter (5F) Was Dropped Off At Our House Two Weeks Ago and Its Causing Issues in Our Marriage. Is There Anyway to Salvage This?

Jesus H Christ speaking of spineless men. Good on her for divorcing.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

I think it's good of OP to take in the kid but I would be slightly concerned that because of it OP's kids will end up resenting her

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hot Stunt posted:

If someone, particularly the person I'm sleeping with, tells me in all seriousness that hey, your rear end smells like poo poo and all the stuff your rear end touches smells like poo poo too, I would probably burn my own rear end in a top hat off and then become a hermit in a cave somewhere. Imagine doubling down and getting offended when your actual, real girlfriend thinks your rear end shouldn't smell like poo poo. Inconceivable. Unimaginable.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

mystes posted:

I think it's good of OP to take in the kid but I would be slightly concerned that because of it OP's kids will end up resenting her

i dont know, it sounds like the mother has a solid plan with therapy and is able to actually talk to her children, unlike their feckless dad.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

My Spirit Otter posted:

i dont know, it sounds like the mother has a solid plan with therapy and is able to actually talk to her children, unlike their feckless dad.

Luckily (?) their dad is an unlikeable gorm, giving them an outlet for their anger and frustration that's not the innocent kid thrust into this situation.

mystes
May 31, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Luckily (?) their dad is an unlikeable gorm, giving them an outlet for their anger and frustration that's not the innocent kid thrust into this situation.
Yeah this is probably true

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

yea I don't think this dude is gonna be buying them off with trips to disney world

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

i imagine the kids wont hate him, just think he's a sad sack loser.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hughlander posted:

Debated posting this here or in the Bad With Money thread...

AITA for giving my fiance my ring back because he closed on a house without telling me?

Comments make the post of course...

If we could figure out a way of turning entitlement into electricity we'd solve the worlds energy issues.
I like how she assumes that the bankrupt financial illiterate is going to get custody over the six-figure salary homeowner.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mystes posted:

Googling it, it seems like the actual landlord is still your landlord legally and your lease agreement would be with them rather than the landlord, so I don't think there's any way to avoid disclosing this information even in commonwealth countries using letting agents.

In general, I think to avoid disclosing the identity of the landlord in the US you would have to have the property owned by an LLC that you create that acts as a landlord or something

Same deal in the UK. It is a letting agent, they act on the landlord's behalf to manage the property. Unless you do the LLC thing the actual landlord's name and contact address would have to be on the lease.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DreamingofRoses posted:

This woman is so bad with money and he is 100% right to keep their finances separate but the line:

bothers me for some reason. And buying a house without telling your long term partner earlier in the process (before closing) seems kind of shady too. They both need to get away from each other and this woman needs a financial literacy course and better therapy.
Do you really need help putting the puzzle pieces together here? She's a tactical nuclear financial disaster and refuses to even discuss the issue without flying off the handle. Gee, I wonder why the engagement has dragged on for 4 years without a wedding.

I'm gonna be that guy again and point out that if the genders were switched, we'd be prescribing a winch and an acid vat instead of more better therapy and a financial literacy course. I hope it's an online course, because LOL at the thought of going to some seminar put on by my credit union and listening to her argue with the presenter.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

mystes posted:

If you're going to accidentally post this in this thread I think you at least should have to write it like an r/relationships post

AITA for not fully boycotting this company?

quote:

Okay, so my (36M) girlfriend (23F) is really environmentally conscious and normally I love that about her! She's so passionate about saving the planet and I really admire her dedication! And of course I listen to her and if she wants me to stop buying a certain brand, I usually go along with it to make her happy. She wants me to boycott this specific food company, because they're destroying the rain forest, gouging prices, really a bunch of bad stuff, I agree, but the problem is this: I absolutely love love LOVE their chocolate sandwich cookie. It's the best thing that I've ever eaten, no other cookie comes even close to it, and the thought of never eating one of those delicious chocolate sandwich cookies ever again just makes me want to cry. I got through the first two weeks by sneakily buying a couple packages right after she'd decided to boycott this company and pretend they'd already been bought. No sense wasting food, right? But my reserves have run dry and her boycott is still going strong. So I came up with an awesome plan: I'd just keep a secret cookie stash at my buddy's apartment, and whenever I'm craving a chocolate sandwich cookie, I'll just hop over and grab a bite! I know she'd get super mad if she found out, but AITA for doing this behind her back?

TIFU by letting my friend keep his secret cookie stash in my apartment

quote:

So my best friend's weird girlfriend decided he couldn't buy from Nestlé anymore bc they're destroying the rainforest or something. He loves one particular cookie from them, so he decided to buy an entire closet full of those cookies in secret and keep them at my apartment, and he's coming by almost every day to snack on some cookies. Problem is, rear end in a top hat keeps leaving crumbs all over my apartment and now I've got an ant infestation.

Is he cheating on me?

quote:

My (23F) boyfriend (36M) has been working late for the past weeks. I thought he was just putting in some overtime, but a couple days ago I was nearby and wanted to surprise him with an organic chocolate chip muffin, because I know he's been sad about no longer being able to buy his favorite chocolate sandwich cookies (long story short, we're boycotting Nestlé). But his colleagues told me he had already left! Then they went back to smelling each other's armpits, they're kind of weird like that. So I figured, maybe we'd just missed each other, and went home, but he got back an hour after I'd arrived and told me he'd been busy at work! What do I do? Should I confront him?

UPDATE: Is he cheating on me?

quote:

So you guys were pretty certain that he was cheating on me and I figured that had to be the case too, but I had to know for sure. So I'm not proud of it, but I followed him when he left work. I was really shocked when he went to his best male friend's apartment! It took me a while to build up the courage, but I went inside and...

Well, I found him sitting in the living room, surrounded by empty Nestlé chocolate sandwich cookies.

And ants.

Anyway, I broke up with him on the spot, but the next day he came by and was wearing this wonderful cologne, so we're getting married next week!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

one of the more annoying parts of my quick marriage in nyc was that I couldn't just go get the certificate and be done with it, you legally have to have a ceremony of some type where someone ordained to do so marries you & you sign the certificate in front of the world/god - basically, your witness

you literally can't just get the license at the courthouse and be done with it, they've made having the ceremony an inherent part of it legally 'counting' as a marriage, ugh.

That's good. Shouldn't be flippant about these things

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

feedmegin posted:

Same deal in the UK. It is a letting agent, they act on the landlord's behalf to manage the property. Unless you do the LLC thing the actual landlord's name and contact address would have to be on the lease.

I'd bet there's no lease, typically you'll just go online and say "hey I've got a spare room in a flatshare" and they'll be paying to OPs bank account assuming that OP is the main tenant and passing it straight on.

A lot of the time you wouldn't tell the landlord you're swapping who you're sharing with because that's an opportunity to pile on fees and inspections and other weird landlord bullshit. It wouldn't particularly surprise me to move into a place and never get a proper lease or communicate directly with the landlord.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

mystes posted:

That's why I think the only way to try to avoid this would be for OP to informally rent the room without a written lease agreement and collect the money in cash, but this would be suspicious enough that I don't see how they could not realize OP is their landlord

Back in the 90s when I was college-aged, this was a really common way to have roommates and no one would think much of it. One or two people would be on the actual lease, and everyone else would be just stay there and give there share of the rent to whoever was paying the landlord, and there wouldn't be any official lease or subletting document. I've seen it outside of college-age shenanigans too, where someone is renting a two (or more) bedroom apartment/house and wants a roommate. The actual landlord may or may not be OK with that, but often doesn't know, and doesn't have any reason to look into it if they're getting the rent every month and no complaints. It might technically be illegal depending on local laws, but so are things like two unmarried people of the opposite sex living together or 20-year-olds drinking, and no one batted an eye at those.

With the amount of credit checks and background checks that happen now, I'd imagine it's even more common for people to roommate off-the-books though I don't have any stats to back it up.

quote:

Also, at least in the US, there's no way that the landlord of an apartment is going to be renting individual rooms separately anyway.

I'm in the US, and I've seen apartments rented this way. The one particular one that comes to mind had 4 separate rooms (with individually locking doors) off of a common kitchen/dining/living room space. Each person had their own lease that gave them exclusive rights to their room and shared access to the common space. It's not all that common, but it's not such a rare arrangement that I think it would be hard to find.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I'm in the US, and I've seen apartments rented this way. The one particular one that comes to mind had 4 separate rooms (with individually locking doors) off of a common kitchen/dining/living room space. Each person had their own lease that gave them exclusive rights to their room and shared access to the common space. It's not all that common, but it's not such a rare arrangement that I think it would be hard to find.

I suspect this is probably getting more and more common as renting a 1br or even a studio becomes a less and less attainable goal for workers in HCOL cities.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
edit: sorry i got real mad about the cookie man

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 2, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Farg posted:

That's good. Shouldn't be flippant about these things

lol the entire process is flippant, it's not like they give you a primer of the responsibilities you're signing up for when you sign the license, this is the laziest poo poo. if they wanted people not to be flippant about marriage, then they should educate people on the legal aspects and let them do what they want with the knowledge, up to and including getting married the same day as their license. gently caress the govt finger-wagging if you've considered your own marriage enough and makin' you do a lil time out to have a think, that's not their place.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 2, 2024

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

Is he cheating on me?

Missing the math that shows they started dating when she was in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

Is he cheating on me?

lol

Ominous Jazz posted:

edit: sorry i got real mad about the cookie man
Oh come on what's the point of this thread if we aren't going to get into arguments about cookies?