Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Maybe they should hire Michael Phelps to give some swim lessons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

they'll probably still do some mid-season mini event like the yuletide festival and the super shrines.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

What's funny to me is that the Loot Reborn announcement reads almost exactly the same as I remember the Loot 2.0 announcement 10 years ago. Like, most of the changes are the exact same changes they made to fix D3's terrible loot system.

scared of this since diablo 3's loot was pure AIDS

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

queeb posted:

Yeah like we're gonna be paying vanilla d4, shits gonna get boring after a week. This is diablo 4 were talking about here,. New loot ain't gonna provide endless entertainment when you're back to the nmd or duriel grind again

thats not true tho. They added rifts ("the pit")

pretend that's your seasonal content

well the 'vanilla d4' part isn't true anyway, whether or not it lasts more than a week is yet to be shown

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It is pretty funny they already gave up on seasons.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Diablo 4 has two teams working on seasonal content along with the two expacs being developed simultaneously since before release.

Unless suddenly they don't, small indie company.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Yo if there’s no seasonal content could we just get vampires again? I missed that the first time around.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
let me be a vampire like the class they added to diablo immortal

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dark metamorphosis!!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kaysette posted:

let me be a vampire like the class they added to diablo immortal

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Finally some good mtx

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Honestly, the biggest problem is that for every season so far, the battle pass has not felt worth it. For a game that is designed Destiny style around expansion > seasons > another expansion, they really need to make the battlepass quality better.

Destiny offers unique transmog for each class and having generic looking armor for the Diablo classes is a letdown considering how stuffed full the shop is of unique class-favored armor.

That being said, I don’t care about not having a seasonal gimmick as long as the rest of the stuff is good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m still surprised they don’t have daily quests for the Battle Pass.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

expiring passes are complete dogshit, full stop

thankfully (?) Diablos are really boring

if they fix that, see point 1

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Every piece of "premium" armor you get from the pass have been overdesigned junk. Maybe sometimes one piece looks okay but the majority of it has been garbage. Same goes for the weapons. They saved the good stuff for the premium store and I knew they would the moment they announced the game would have one.

victrix posted:

expiring passes are complete dogshit, full stop

Also this.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've said it before, but the fact they don't sell skill mtx for their anemic rear end skills is mind boggling to me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
For better or for worse, MTX just doesn't seem a very high priority

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I’m quite a casual player and only periodically check in on this thread - usually when it turns out there’s been 346 posts since I last opened the thread.

It’s quite heartwarming that every time I pop my head in there’s still a load of loving moaning ❤️

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

Dark metamorphosis!!

External Organs posted:

Finally some good mtx

Cosmetic boots that make you one pixel taller

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mr Scumbag posted:

It would be a bad idea, since the seasonal gimmick would interfere with any data and feedback they're gathering with regard to the new balance and changes.

They'll still likely gently caress it up this way, but adding a seasonal gimmick into the mix would probably be a disaster for several seasons.

Lol

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

For better or for worse, MTX just doesn't seem a very high priority
True. I still have my Battle Pass from the release version that I haven't redeemed.

I am not averse to paying for cosmetics. I get a supporter pack almost every PoE league, and use basically every type of MTX they sell, even stuff that makes it harder to see what it going on.

The D4 MTX is just lacks that "I have to have that" quality. Sure the fidelity of the armor sets is great, but from a design standpoint everything is so bland - it looks like PoE stuff from 7-8 years ago.

The entire reason we even have this mmo-lite open world was to showcase and sell MTX. Making shiny things that people want to pay money for should be the easiest thing in the world, and Blizzard has an industry leading art department - how you can sell portal MTX that is just a recolored basic portal?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Campfire in 30 mins, right?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

True. I still have my Battle Pass from the release version that I haven't redeemed.

I am not averse to paying for cosmetics. I get a supporter pack almost every PoE league, and use basically every type of MTX they sell, even stuff that makes it harder to see what it going on.

The D4 MTX is just lacks that "I have to have that" quality. Sure the fidelity of the armor sets is great, but from a design standpoint everything is so bland - it looks like PoE stuff from 7-8 years ago.

The entire reason we even have this mmo-lite open world was to showcase and sell MTX. Making shiny things that people want to pay money for should be the easiest thing in the world, and Blizzard has an industry leading art department - how you can sell portal MTX that is just a recolored basic portal?

It's like no one realizes how insane the poe mtx has been for the past 3-4 years*. It's crazy!

*Except the loving goblin mariachi band

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Paying2Lurk posted:

Campfire in 30 mins, right?

Yep. Well 17 now but you know what I mean

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Dev stream live now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVtGdXs7s0

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
oh no, joe is present

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

harrygomm posted:

oh no, joe is present

is he the terrified baby?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

harrygomm posted:

oh no, joe is present

Game director who has big " Laughing at my jokes is mandatory" energy

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Talking about making items easier to compare, I wonder if they have a way to compare an item that has been masterworked to a fresh drop. Like in D3 you could hold ctrl (I think) while comparing an item to what you had equipped and it would remove any enhancements like gems from the comparison

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

here's the standalone trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqrF2DWRwtU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Guys I'm pretty excited for this season.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Make the base game good don't worry about seasonal gimmicks. D2 model for life

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Glad to hear that it's intended design that you quickly get to a point where you don't need to pick up rares any more

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Idk, selling "simpler items" as a good thing instead of complicated items but more fun is just weird to me

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If they're not going to give us a loot filter then making items drop in a simple form is preferable. The weird stuff is in tempering manuals

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tarnop posted:

If they're not going to give us a loot filter then making items drop in a simple form is preferable. The weird stuff is in tempering manuals

Thats a good point.

However I ask myself how excited I'm gonna be about finding loot after sifting through countless bags of 2 affix rares

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

George H.W. oval office posted:

is he the terrified baby?

that's adam jackson. joe is the malignant tunnel joke guy

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Armour cap is now 9230 which is the amount needed for 85% vs a lvl 100 monster, and it seemed like they were saying that will give you 85% against everything above 100 as well

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

harrygomm posted:

that's adam jackson. joe is the malignant tunnel joke guy

wasnt that rod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Mikojan posted:

Thats a good point.

However I ask myself how excited I'm gonna be about finding loot after sifting through countless bags of 2 affix rares

the ostensible point is that you shouldn't pick up rares except as vendor fodder. as the drops you look for are the ones that roll bonus stats by default and have the new better icon or whatever

idk seems more similar to D2 model which sounds good to me