Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the first time in my life that national democrats have had a spine and it's for this. jesus christ. i hope they lose so bad the party dissolves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

they should do their own jan 6 if they lose the election

god this would kick so much rear end

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

they would all be gunned down within 10 minutes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

SixteenShells posted:

the first time in my life that national democrats have had a spine and it's for this. jesus christ. i hope they lose so bad the party dissolves

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they also had a spine when it came to rigging the primary against bernie

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

the denial is only going to make the crash funnier

They're just replaying 2016 on ng+

DoubleDonut posted:

if trump actually did End Democracy Forever they'll strap on maga hats and get jobs at the department for truth management the same day

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

you have said the actual truth

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Yeah on Super Tuesday they all became savvy dealmakers all of a sudden

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
More importantly, when the chips are down they have no problem at all completely defecating all over the concept of decorum and fair play and the will / wisdom of the people.

Then the next day they'll pretend nothing happened and those sacred cows must be protected even if that means overt fascists get what they want all the time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A nonzero number of people died pushing Biden over the edge in what was from a certain point of view the most important primary election of their lives.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1239200647616004096

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 22:58 on May 1, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
A friend on hard times just received notice of debt forgiveness!

It was just Biden stamping his name on top of the previous programs that discharge debt owed on 'junk diplomas' and after 2 decades of repayment. This was even a person who had GI Bill benefits and still had massive debt for a program they had to drop out of due to cost.

I hate this country so much

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

They would get machine-gunned by capitol police before they got within 100ft of the walls

E: goddamnit

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

I hate this country so much

welcome, friend

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Somebody make that meme with the Grim Reaper trying to snag people in that machine for kids to win stuffed animals, but instead of Henry Kissinger, he's mad that it isn't Joe Biden

maybe use OJ?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

post hole digger posted:

they would all be gunned down within 10 minutes.

and?

I’m particularly enjoying how everyday there is a new video in my YouTube feed about something all caps destroying trump’s…. something or other. like who even believes that poo poo

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/MavenNavarro1/status/1785785576571994299

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

hes right, its actually going to be much worse

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
sometimes I really have trouble reconciling this thread with the trump lol thread where he is constantly losing court decisions, out of money, and campaigning for crowds of under 300 people. maybe they’ll both lose.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

an awful gbs thread full of insane blue maga freaks yeah that sounds about right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its been 8 years of breathless media reports about how trump is surely done this time, at what point do you just hop off? for me it was roughly 2018

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

sometimes I really have trouble reconciling this thread with the trump lol thread where he is constantly losing court decisions, out of money, and campaigning for crowds of under 300 people. maybe they’ll both lose.

It's not hard to reconcile it. Trump isn't so much a political savant as it is the Democrats are incompetent garbage, who either cannot win or do not want to win. Anyone worth a drat could defeat Trump. Biden only did it in 2020 because Trump completely flamed out and told his supporters to drink bleach.

Telling your voters to drink bleach is kind of a low bar to set!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Platystemon posted:

“Yeah, I’ll name him. Name him ‘Xi’s Nuts’.”

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Shear Modulus posted:

that's the most serious and severe ive ever seen the national dems and im pushing 40

the kids are alright

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Joe Biden promised to be a uniting figure.

𝒫𝓇ℴ𝓂𝒾𝓈ℯ 𝓀ℯ𝓅𝓉.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nichael posted:

It's not hard to reconcile it. Trump isn't so much a political savant as it is the Democrats are incompetent garbage, who either cannot win or do not want to win. Anyone worth a drat could defeat Trump. Biden only did it in 2020 because Trump completely flamed out and told his supporters to drink bleach.

Telling your voters to drink bleach is kind of a low bar to set!

It’s an exaggeration to say that both parties chose literally the only guy who could lose to the other guy, but it’s not that far off the mark.

They’re both horrible, widely‐hated men who could be trounced by a hell of a lot of normal people, but the parties don’t let normal people near the levers of power.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Democrats convinced themselves that people actually loved Obama's milquetoast nothing administration and forgot he only one with charisma, lies and pretending to care about real material problems. (and that Dems ate poo poo in the midterms because they bought into right wing framing of what he DID do, lol)

During 2020 you could see them actively destroying all their own standards as the party told them to, and I think it really did leave them with absolutely no ability to understand that other people can even have standards. They broke themselves for Biden, and they can't live with themselves if anyone else isn't willing to.

Meanwhile Trump knows that he's not going to run out of money, and I'm pretty sure correctly identified that the campaign apparatus consists almost entirely of and is for graft. The Dems crowing about how Trump and the RNC are broke is probably just galvanising right wingers into donating more.

Ghost Leviathan has issued a correction as of 05:14 on May 2, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

trump campaigning for crowds of under 300 people is part of why hillary lost. also the bail thing is funny because its morons doing the “trump isnt rich” thing because he doesnt have half a billion liquid cash, rich people dont leave cash lying around lol.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Platystemon posted:

It’s an exaggeration to say that both parties chose literally the only guy who could lose to the other guy, but it’s not that far off the mark.

They’re both horrible, widely‐hated men who could be trounced by a hell of a lot of normal people, but the parties don’t let normal people near the levers of power.

I'd say that it demonstrates that the Presidency is irrelevant and that it doesn't really matter who holds it.

Except that the President of the United States genuinely has a lot of powers to do poo poo, when they actually decide to wield those powers.

So I guess it really demonstrates the terminal decline of the current political system? I mean, if there's 2 main rival parties in this system and they've both somehow contrived to put a senile old ghoul forward as candidate and there genuinely doesn't seem to be anyone more competent waiting in the wings who could be an alternative, what else can you conclude?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Yeah the Dem argument is that the magic wand exists but using it makes you a fascist. You see, they're doing us all a favor by not using it to do things that are overwhelmingly popular.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans knowing the presidency is powerful and wields power effectively does not make the system broken. Joe Biden is intentionally doing nothing.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1785999390647181772

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1785833037118283852

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

trump campaigning for crowds of under 300 people is part of why hillary lost. also the bail thing is funny because its morons doing the “trump isnt rich” thing because he doesnt have half a billion liquid cash, rich people dont leave cash lying around lol.

Also Trump never risks his own money. If he loses he will not pay and let the bond company get hosed. Art of the deal baby!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmfao at this dumbass old bitch

https://twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1786051496213143918

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1786052078219165984

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 16:24 on May 2, 2024

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
His face is just permanently in "I'm 5 minutes away from dying" mode now huh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

iirc back in 2020 Biden was the only dem candidate in the primaries who never acknowledged that police brutality is bad, and instead only ever promised to prosecute BLM protesters who were "violent"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

His face is just permanently in "I'm 5 minutes away from dying" mode now huh

That bastard is edging me so hard.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the fun thing about Biden is that he's so old he almost could have been one of the white moderates mentioned in the Birmingham letters

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Seeing Biden on camera makes me feel powerful. It's like he's staring into the sun

Akalies
May 31, 2000

U-DO Burger posted:

iirc back in 2020 Biden was the only dem candidate in the primaries who never acknowledged that police brutality is bad...

Not true! Our progressive beacon of a president encouraged police to shoot people in the legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/AssalRad/status/1786057096515228135