Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

This post rules lmao

some of these you simply have to bookmark for later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

the_steve posted:

Lol, did Willa seriously catch a probe for putting a word in italics?
And they say they don't have any sort of grudge against CSPAM posters.

After a certain number of probes for going back and posting in the same thread, I'm starting to believe Willa likes it.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

That lock has been around for 20 years or more, used to be called The New York Lock and as a bike messenger we’d wear them around our waist because it was punk rock and intimidating (they also make a mini u lock perfect for knocking mirrors off) and one time someone lost their key and had it around their waist for like a week which actually was a plot line in a Broad City episode before they had Hillary Clinton on the show which would be the last time I saw an episode of that show let me tell you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

This post rules lmao

He's right.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

did you not hear the importance of "calm" in "calm hitler"

calm Hitlers

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Excelzior posted:

calm Hitlers

whoa simmer down

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
is "poo poo" auto-filtered in probe notes or was that self-censorship

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i would pick people i know irl just to gently caress with them

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Thoguh posted:

Biden got so mad about what's happening on college campuses this week that he did a special address to give the brutalizing cops a pep talk.

Biden loves cops so this isn't anything new

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I too would love to see Ben Shapiro as the Republican nominee. "Legalize marijuana? But what if...what if radical fundamentalist Islam were in that joint? Then you'd have to send every pot smoker to Guantanamo. Or you're a terrorist, you love terrorists!"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

lol the post was nearly a week old at the time of the probe too

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

kazmeyer posted:

In my state Spectrum's handing out a year of unlimited mobile service to make up for it.

Yeah same here, the thing i found is you have to call to cancel and just be ready to do it for real then 99% of the time the retention department will cut a deal

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/jonathanchait/status/1785643620415963290
https://x.com/jonathanchait/status/1786012802433397036

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
unlimited lol never means that with mobile companies

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Unlimited*

* you get 200 gigs of fast data transfer and then we shove all your traffic to the back of the queue

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

ben shapiro and mr feeny

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

PostNouveau posted:

LAPD would run over a student who stood in front of their MRAPs

cops drive into protesters all the time

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Even if you grant the premise, the logical conclusion should be to go give those centrist voters a reason to vote for him, not to go lose the votes of college kids by beating and jailing them.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

part of the political calculus are the two parties fighting for the mandate of aipac

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Jump cut to six months from now: :qq: How could they do this to us and not vote for Biden? :qq:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trump would encourage cops to beat up students even more so you gotta vote joe

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

for some reason the amalgamated ideologies of the “center” and the ideologies of wealthy media flacks always seem to be in perfect agreement

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

saw the tweet text and went "oh let me guess" then saw the article title and was like "of course"

oddly enough THIS election requires the Dems to tack hard to the right to capture moderate republicans too!!!! what are the odds?????

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

trump would encourage cops to beat up students even more so you gotta vote joe

this is also how they'll give themselves permission to cheer on cops beating up teenagers under Trump: "that's what they get for not voting Blue No Matter Who"

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Excelzior posted:

calm Hitlers

can't call'em hitlers more than I already am

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

the_steve posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

eyyy, i'm quotin' here

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

loquacius posted:

Can someone tell me what the problem is with labgrown meat exactly

like, is it just that it's taking food directly from the mouths of farmers' starving children, or do culture-war guys think it's all just bugs and George Soros wants them to eat bugs, or is it actually poo poo about souls and playing God or something

The rightwing pushback is treating it as another means to control people with suspicious clandestine laboratory work. "The Farmers" is often used as justification. The poor mom and pop ranchers. They are 5th generation! Meaning their ancestors probably murdered a bunch of people and staked out enough land 200 years ago that they created a 5+ generation dynasty of millionaires who can cry about progress.

There is also this uniquely 1950s American ideal of men smoking cigarettes with a big beef steak. I think that is still playing a part because that was standard practice only 1-2 generations ago. So attempts to change or criticize the meat industry are criticisms of Red Blooded America.

Same reason they hate EVs. There are 100,000,000+ people that think its their god given right to roll coal for a 200 mile commite every day if they want to and any attempts to change this are nefarious personal attacks. EV and renewables are direct assaults to these people.

See Also: Incandescent Lightbulb phase out, Gas Stove bans.

It will only be solved by these ignorant shitheads dying in enough numbers the younger replacements that have no weird ignorant bias for red meat shift the conversation to some more modern gripes people born after 2000 will care about.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Biden and Obama were in office immediately after the 2008 crash and their policy was to, basically, reinflate the housing market. Democrats like Biden are never, ever, going to be anything to me except the people who made housing extremely pricey and me extremely poor.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dissent is essential to democracy. But

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisByBike/status/1785684393304170889

from the replies:

really cool how insane your country is

65 year old man who lives in palo alto and only bikes for recreation around the peninsula on the weekends: well, I'VE never needed anything like that!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

had the dems not stolen the election from Trump back in 2020 they would be counting down the days to his last day in office instead of staring down electoral defeat and 4 more years of trump content

back in 2020/2021 I was had a suspicion that 2020 electoral victory would be a poisoned chalice and drat if the dems are not doing everything they can to chug from that cup

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i would pick people i know irl just to gently caress with them

ive written in the same friend for every local judicial election for over 10 years now.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
wow the party that responded to blm by jumping in front of every camera they could to yell blue lives matter is being unspeakably vile about protests

who could have possibly seen this coming

at least every dem politician goes straight to hell when they die

just like nft guys do but a layer deeper

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

post hole digger posted:

ive written in the same friend for every local judicial election for over 10 years now.

i usually vote for my dad

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

bedpan posted:

had the dems not stolen the election from Trump back in 2020 they would be counting down the days to his last day in office instead of staring down electoral defeat and 4 more years of trump content

back in 2020/2021 I was had a suspicion that 2020 electoral victory would be a poisoned chalice and drat if the dems are not doing everything they can to chug from that cup

I knew the instant biden became the nominee that he would suck so bad trump would return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hahaha