Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KristiNoem/status/1786018855476777270

At this point it would be better for her to pretend that she made up the whole thing to look tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Puppy Killer Kristi Noem may have finally realized that killing puppies is not good for a political career but she can't undig the hole she dug herself when she admitted to killing a puppy so I guess now she, Kristi Noem the puppy killer, is trying to spin it as "ARE CHILDREN".

https://x.com/KristiNoem/status/1786018855476777270

Kristi Noem, Puppy Killer

E: oops beaten

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Saga of Goatmurdered

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Interestingly, a plurality supports the students' core demand.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I mean she's 100% full of poo poo but there's still about a million ways she could have handled it better if she was genuinely concerned for the safety of her children (she wasn't). People are so god damned stupid about dogs. If you want them to behave, you need to train them. Some dogs will be more chill than others but they still don't know what to do if you don't tell them in a way they understand.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Divestment? It has the softest support of any of the polled questions, except for "condemn Israel".

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Actually mostly shocked that less than 50% of people are buying into the stupid "But do you condemn Hamas too!" rhetoric.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

^Edit: I think people are putting too much stock in the classified documents case. If it mattered and wasn't bogged down, they'd just constantly blast Biden's garage docs and it'd wash away as a both sides thing for the overwhelming majority of people.

There are some of the most beautiful pictures of reams and boxes of classified documents strewn around Mar a Lago, including stacked in the bathroom, and Trump was actually indicted for it. There's nothing remotely comparable to that with Biden and the beautiful pictures can do all the talking.

Also I'm old enough to remember when people at large (not necessarily here to be fair) assured me that being a twice-impeached president would be disastrous and inescapable for Trump.

I think that being twice-impeached and quadruple indicted is probably disastrous and inescapable for Trump.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

punishedkissinger posted:

Personally I think that recreating the '68 convention is not a winning path for the Dems but sure

I agree with you and that is going to require Joe Biden to sit down with Palestinian and other Muslim leaders and take a real action at some point.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

And a plurality supports banning pro-Israeli protests and a plurality supports banning pro-Palestinian protests. What's it mean? Not sure besides maybe a generally feeling of "Stop making me think about things." Generally feels depressing.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

PharmerBoy posted:

And a plurality supports banning pro-Israeli protests and a plurality supports banning pro-Palestinian protests. What's it mean? Not sure besides maybe a generally feeling of "Stop making me think about things." Generally feels depressing.
Don't most also agree with the support for Israel?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PharmerBoy posted:

I think this is probably a very good read on the American voter:

These student protests have a hard deadline, so they're going to get their wish in a couple of weeks.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008
You're correct, I messed up the chart colors into Democratic/Independent/Republican and got all screwed up from there.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

zoux posted:

These student protests have a hard deadline, so they're going to get their wish in a couple of weeks.

Is the end of the semester really the end of the protests? Seems like they would have more free time if anything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

small butter posted:

There are some of the most beautiful pictures of reams and boxes of classified documents strewn around Mar a Lago, including stacked in the bathroom, and Trump was actually indicted for it. There's nothing remotely comparable to that with Biden and the beautiful pictures can do all the talking.

I think that being twice-impeached and quadruple indicted is probably disastrous and inescapable for Trump.

Why do you think that? Why do you think a picture of banker boxes is going to move anyone’s heart?

Hillary’s emails had the power it did because it was vaguely connected to Benghazi and the idea that Clinton didn’t care about The Troops being killed by scary foreigners. There is no similar connection for Trump’s boxes. There’s no emotional charge, it’s just mishandling of documents. It is extremely funny, but that’s it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is the end of the semester really the end of the protests? Seems like they would have more free time if anything.

I guess that depends on if their parents want to subsidize a summer of camping out on a lawn. 80 percent of the columbia student body is out of state.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

zoux posted:

I guess that depends on if their parents want to subsidize a summer of camping out on a lawn. 80 percent of the columbia student body is out of state.

Camping out on a lawn usually isn’t very expensive.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Regardless of feasibility, camping out on a college campus during the summer when classes aren't being held and no one has to be there isn't going to accomplish the goals of a protest

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Columbia has already asked the NYPD to remain on campus until 2 days after graduation, so protesting after the end of classes isn’t really an option

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

haveblue posted:

Regardless of feasibility, camping out on a college campus during the summer when classes aren't being held and no one has to be there isn't going to accomplish the goals of a protest

It would be a terrible starting place but they're already front page news so that doesn't really matter much

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

zoux posted:

yeah just like in '68, after school let out all those students just went home and gave up on protesting

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

^Edit: I think people are putting too much stock in the classified documents case. If it mattered and wasn't bogged down, they'd just constantly blast Biden's garage docs and it'd wash away as a both sides thing for the overwhelming majority of people.

To be clear, I expect absolutely no real consequences from any of these cases. I just would rather people get repeatedly reminded of the classified documents thing instead of the Stormy thing because it's more obviously damning. It's less "this guy sure is sleazy and corrupt" and more "this guy is gonna get people killed". Not that I expect any hardcore Trumpers to flip, how could they at this point.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 2, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

yeah just like in '68, after school let out all those students just went home and gave up on protesting

I mean, yeah. Also those protests involved armed clashes between police and protestors, and tear gas.

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 2, 2024

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

zoux posted:

I mean, yeah.

You should look at the the list of parties involved in this incident, anything familiar there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Democratic_National_Convention_protests

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Students might still be down to protest, it's just probably not going to be on campus.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

zoux posted:

Absolutely vile comment

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jaxyon posted:

Students might still be down to protest, it's just probably not going to be on campus.

They're definitely still going to be down. The government kicking the poo poo out of them, banning tiktok and trying to criminalize their speech is the exact sort of thing that radicalizes young people even harder.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You should look at the the list of parties involved in this incident, anything familiar there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Democratic_National_Convention_protests

I'm not saying students won't be part of the already planned and publicized protests of the DNC in August, I'm saying the campus protests end. You said they would continue.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

zoux posted:

I'm not saying students won't be part of the already planned and publicized protests of the DNC in August, I'm saying the campus protests end. You said they would continue.

Student protests will continue, they just won't necessarily be on campus. Tiananmen Square was a student lead protest for example. there is no deadline or hard cutoff where you can expect to see students and young people giving up on this issue.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

zoux posted:

At this point it would be better for her to pretend that she made up the whole thing to look tough.

Well well well if it isn't the consequences of my actions

I don't think this would hurt her with the base though, Trump is already the only president who hates dogs, even though the base probably almost universally loves dogs. There's just no getting through to those people

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

Well well well if it isn't the consequences of my actions

I don't think this would hurt her with the base though, Trump is already the only president who hates dogs, even though the base probably almost universally loves dogs. There's just no getting through to those people

Trump (well, the people who allegedly speak for him) already condemned her conduct. So look forward to Trump saying that it was good she killed that dog sometime soon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hate that there's a nonzero chance that "should dogs be shot" will become a partisan issue and trigger a wave of dog shootings to own the libs

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

haveblue posted:

I hate that there's a nonzero chance that "should dogs be shot" will become a partisan issue and trigger a wave of dog shootings to own the libs

Cops already seem to think it's their right, so probably already is one really.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1784007783693557947

No, I think she's hosed.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Y'all even freep is like 2:1 against her on the dog murder thing. It's wildly unpopular and the Republicans aren't going to start murdering dogs to trigger the libs.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
At some point she's going to pivot her defense to Hilary Clinton did worse things, probably.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

At some point she's going to pivot her defense to Hilary Clinton did worse things, probably.

Within a month there will be Political Cartoons trying to convince us her or Michelle Obama was the one who shot the dog.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fool of sound posted:

Y'all even freep is like 2:1 against her on the dog murder thing. It's wildly unpopular and the Republicans aren't going to start murdering dogs to trigger the libs.

There was a brief moment where maga heads were pointing loaded guns at their own balls and at least one guy blew them off on video to trigger the libs. Just saying

I agree it's definitely not going to happen with how the story is evolving now, but that wasn't quite clear at the beginning

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm glad that Americans of all walks of life can come together to condemn puppy murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

zoux posted:

Frankly I couldn’t care less about a dog but the biggest thing is she thought this was a good story to put in her book.