Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

I knew the instant biden became the nominee that he would suck so bad trump would return

and even at at just 6 months from the election, I still think Joe Biden could put together a victory if he made the even modest efforts but he doesn't seem willing or able to do that anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
yeah you can't be Biden AND have this controversy AND have this little time before the election. A more popular candidate could weather the controversy. Biden could probably limp over if the genocide ended immediately and he had a clean 6-8 months of news. And obviously not supporting a genocide would help. He's faced with a "pick 2 and you win" scenario and he's just hosed.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The interpreter in the thumbnail doing ASL for "look at this fuckin guy"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

yeah you can't be Biden AND have this controversy AND have this little time before the election. A more popular candidate could weather the controversy. Biden could probably limp over if the genocide ended immediately and he had a clean 6-8 months of news. And obviously not supporting a genocide would help. He's faced with a "pick 2 and you win" scenario and he's just hosed.

hey that's not fair, top minds at the DNC are trying to figure out how to make him younger through science or magic

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

LuxuryLarva posted:

Biden and Obama were in office immediately after the 2008 crash and their policy was to, basically, reinflate the housing market. Democrats like Biden are never, ever, going to be anything to me except the people who made housing extremely pricey and me extremely poor.

please do not shame the democrats' housing price inflation kink

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I watch the full thing every time

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's a big scam to make ya'll eat pig ham

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I can already hear all the Pragmatic Adults In The Room rushing to Twitter to say, "See? Biden isn't swayed by the anti-Israel protests. That means they haven't worked, and these college kids have some growing up to do".

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

If my polls were cratering with young people on a single issue and I were a politician I feel like I would at least try to pay some lip service to the idea.

"Have the protests changed your policy on Israel?"

"The voices of these students have been heard loud and clear. As always in all my discussions with leaders in Israel I will be committed to protecting innocent lives."

vs.

"No. lmao. gently caress em."

Just political suicide. Just pretend to listen for gently caress's sake. Hold a meeting and nod your head and say a bunch of bullshit, people love that stuff. But no not in this case.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hey that's not fair, top minds at the DNC are trying to figure out how to make him younger through science or magic

DNC currently working on trying to make the Neuralizer from Men in Black real

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tom Tucker posted:

If my polls were cratering with young people on a single issue and I were a politician I feel like I would at least try to pay some lip service to the idea.

"Have the protests changed your policy on Israel?"

"The voices of these students have been heard loud and clear. As always in all my discussions with leaders in Israel I will be committed to protecting innocent lives."

vs.

"No. lmao. gently caress em."

Just political suicide. Just pretend to listen for gently caress's sake. Hold a meeting and nod your head and say a bunch of bullshit, people love that stuff. But no not in this case.

this is the same man who said he had "no empathy" for the young people of today, he's been an rear end in a top hat forever and it's insane that a huge chunk of the country thinks he's their nice/cool grandpa instead of seeing him as the rear end in a top hat he is

team sports mentality is a hell of a drug

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

is pepsi ok posted:

Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.

You KNOW dissent is essential to democracy.

BUT!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

WampaLord posted:

this is the same man who said he had "no empathy" for the young people of today, he's been an rear end in a top hat forever and it's insane that a huge chunk of the country thinks he's their nice/cool grandpa instead of seeing him as the rear end in a top hat he is

quote:

said he had "no empathy" for the young people of today

he's a bad politician lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ask the police to help protect campuses from violence lmfao

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Even when Biden was the young senator his love was old people and their old ways.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

God Hole posted:

unless you are Goku, a bike lock like that isn't for lugging around, it's for keeping at home or at work or something if you have no choice but to leave it locked up outside for long periods of time. like if you were a college student living in a tiny dorm perhaps

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

WampaLord posted:

quote:

Joe Biden first ran for U.S. Senate in 1972 as the Vietnam War was entering its waning years. He was not a tenacious anti-war voice, nor did he embrace the anti-war movement, saying he was “not big on flak jackets and tie-dye shirts.” Biden described himself at the time as being married, in law school, and wearing sports coats. He professed a “lack of moral outrage” at the war. He described walking through campus with law school friends one day and seeing other students occupying office buildings in protest. “They were taking over the building,” Biden said. “And we looked up and said, ‘Look at these assholes.’ That’s how far apart from the anti-war movement I was.”

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjA5A86V6SY

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I think that being twice-impeached and quadruple indicted is probably disastrous and inescapable for Trump.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

They stole the election from gore, these loving idiots are too stupid to know when they were robbed

Gore was different, back then SNL was willing to mock his blandness.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

bedpan posted:

and even at at just 6 months from the election, I still think Joe Biden could put together a victory if he made the even modest efforts but he doesn't seem willing or able to do that anymore

Dems didn't even need to pretend to be functional for a 2024 win, they just needed a coherent candidate.

Obama was terrible but he was a charismatic liar. When people were upset he could give speeches to calm some people down or make them feel seen. When the entire media joined together to lie about all the lovely poo poo he did he was present and visible.

Biden is incapable of that and most people can subconciously recognize that we essentially don't have a president when he appears barely at all and he can't deliver basic sentences much less elaborate lies. The media is trying to overcompensate but people can just feel the difference even if Obama was just as bad. One gets an unearned lifelong reputation of being amazing and the other just frustrates everyone.

Literally any human capable of speaking would make this a competitive race but they demanded to go with the late stage dementia patient backed by extreme propaganda.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

strange mix there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

As expected

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
The number of dems who want to eliminate Pro-Palestine and Pro-Israel protests, and the number of dems who want statements condemining Palestine or Israel, are almost the same.

also lol at a 50% support for divestment among dem voters when anti-BDS laws have historically had near-unanimous support in Congress. Their party wants that option to be illegal!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

also lol at a 50% support for divestment among dem voters when anti-BDS laws have historically had near-unanimous support in Congress. Their party wants that option to be illegal!

that was the one that raised the biggest eyebrows for me too

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

If you were going to pick an opponent for your favorite candidate why wouldn't you just choose the village idiot, or a garden slug, or an inanimate object? This isn't a football game, you don't want to see a "good game" you want your candidate to win without question.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

There's a post on occupy democrats about how textbooks don't talk about stealing Indian land. Someone brought up the current protests and that sent them almost into a rage. How can they so effortlessly go from "ohhh look at the horrible thing that happened in the past, how could people be so cruel?" to frothing "ARRRRG KILL THE PROTESTORS AND PALESTINIANS NO MERCY NO SURVIVORS BIDEN FOREVER!"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd pick Jill Stein as the Dem nominee just to watch the mental gymnastics of goldfish-brains declaring they always supported her.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Uncle Wemus posted:

There's a post on occupy democrats about how textbooks don't talk about stealing Indian land. Someone brought up the current protests and that sent them almost into a rage. How can they so effortlessly go from "ohhh look at the horrible thing that happened in the past, how could people be so cruel?" to frothing "ARRRRG KILL THE PROTESTORS AND PALESTINIANS NO MERCY NO SURVIVORS BIDEN FOREVER!"

All past protestors were good, virtuous people. All current protestors are stupid, unwashed masses.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this is the result of them weeding out any one normal from these things, right? like there's basically 0 chance you're getting through whatever screening they have with any good opinions

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Harris/Romney has some incredible comedy potential for sure

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Because like the Biden Accomplishments Guy they are a PR account for the Democrats. Their job is to support him no matter what.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Harris/Romney has some incredible comedy potential for sure

The novelty of pitting the two blandest people in the world against each other would wear off after one second.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1785776493840544147

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://x.com/angry_staffer/status/1786090793754583519?s=46

terminal lib brain

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the president of CAP publicly disagreeing with biden, interesting tea leaves

https://x.com/patrickgaspard/status/1786081524049142118

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the_steve posted:

Lol, did Willa seriously catch a probe for putting a word in italics?
And they say they don't have any sort of grudge against CSPAM posters.

I made that post a week ago.