Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

and really who is expecting a dude who has played 50 minutes to hit a crazy 3 from the logo

I mean it happens, it's not even that rare I would say, but what are the odds?

although the odds go way up when it's a playoff series on the line I suppose, that's the basketball gods' way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
f5ing more than I do during Free Agency today for Dame and Giannis news

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1786134895191838777

fit like that... dame's playing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

because he's in pajamas and he knows the bucks are going to sleep

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Telling everyone he's injured by wearing scrubs to the game

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
2 torn Achilles for the bucks or one?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The razr still exists? i am so out of touch

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

kri kri posted:

The razr still exists? i am so out of touch

they're re-using the name for those flippable touchscreen smart phones.

I think the original razr's had a brief resurgence a few years ago with the youth of today? one of those "looking back at the previous generation" kind of things, like how you see skater kids these days wearing stuff out of skateboarding magazines from the 2000s.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

nice pajamas bro

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

piratepilates posted:

they're re-using the name for those flippable touchscreen smart phones.

I think the original razr's had a brief resurgence a few years ago with the youth of today? one of those "looking back at the previous generation" kind of things, like how you see skater kids these days wearing stuff out of skateboarding magazines from the 2000s.

I appreciate the update

anywhoo, quite worried about the wolves but ehh maybe thats just the default MN sports experience

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I just bought a Razr it owns.

Any news on Giannis?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mean Baby posted:

I just bought a Razr it owns.

Any news on Giannis?

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1786147411024318825

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Mean Baby posted:

Any news on Giannis?

Giannis is out, Lillard in, per Woj

e:fb

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

Yeah the foul on before 3 thing in the NBA really is only something you do with under 5 seconds. And even then if the opposing player knows about it you had better hope you got a strict continuation ref calling the game that night. Or doesn’t call the foul on the inbounds.

It’s the right play but people act like it’s idiocy to not do it when there is enough risk and things that have actually gone wrong that it’s understandable people don’t, at least in the NBA.

And the basketball gods frown on blasphemers who commit this heretical act.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

kri kri posted:

I appreciate the update

anywhoo, quite worried about the wolves but ehh maybe thats just the default MN sports experience

Yeah, it’s that.

I went back and read draft reactions from 2020, both here and elsewhere, and man people were just kind of down on Edwards. Obviously hindsight is, well, 20/20, but I think it really goes to show how much he’s developed, it definitely wasn’t seen as a surefire thing at the time, and he was mostly thought of as Wiggins 2.0. People mostly favored LaMelo Ball (Which, fair) or Okongwu (less so) for the Wolves.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

RandomHodge posted:

Giannis is out, Lillard in, per Woj

e:fb

Oh bother.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/joeylinn_/status/1786149110640435675?t=VyKvRw4HNDCZTMDs9XMdDg

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

shocking

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1786039920273797238

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, it’s that.

I went back and read draft reactions from 2020, both here and elsewhere, and man people were just kind of down on Edwards. Obviously hindsight is, well, 20/20, but I think it really goes to show how much he’s developed, it definitely wasn’t seen as a surefire thing at the time, and he was mostly thought of as Wiggins 2.0. People mostly favored LaMelo Ball (Which, fair) or Okongwu (less so) for the Wolves.

Edwards seemed kind of lazy/coasting on athleticism in college and didn’t even seem to like basketball that much so the red flags seemed kind of understandable

Yes this level of prospect evaluation sucks but we have an excuse being amateur watchers

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 3, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

And the basketball gods frown on blasphemers who commit this heretical act.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Oh bother.
Seems like a best case scenario for the Pacers tbh

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1786075529881244159

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

The more he screams it the less I think he believes it.

Who the hell wants Bradley Beal anyway? What the hell were they thinking.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Trying to guess the three teams he thinks wouldn't lmao
Denver, San Antonio, and Boston??? So he thinks the Thunder would make that trade?!?! Lmao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hmm I can think of a team that just beat your rear end that would never entertain this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You could have absolutely convinced the Lakers to do it like two years ago as long as they kept LeBron.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Are there three teams that would make that trade? That have so little faith in even the potential of their current lineup that they’d trade it away for an aging team that might be able to put together a run to get back into the second round?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Trying to guess the three teams he thinks wouldn't lmao
Denver, San Antonio, and Boston??? So he thinks the Thunder would make that trade?!?! Lmao

I think it's easier to think of the teams that would swap all players and picks with the Suns.

Chicago
Atlanta
Detroit
Wizards?
Charlotte?
Brooklyn probably
Clippers maybe?
Warriors would say no cause of Steph

So that's like 7 teams at most I think.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh yeah I just mean the three teams in whatever fantasy world he's living in

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Locked into 4 more years of Booker, Beal, and Grayson Allen? Where do I sign

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

That's All-Star Coach Doc Rivers to you

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Monte has a lot of flaws, but he'd have a heart attack at the thought of paying Beal 50 mil a year

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

big boi posted:

That's All-Star Coach Doc Rivers to you

Proven championship winning coach.

Granted that championship was before almost all of the current players in the league were even playing, but still.

edit: Anthony Edwards wasn't even born yet the last time Glenn won coach of the year

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

gently caress off Glenn

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Beal seems to be more of an availability issue then anything else. If he could reliably play 65+ games a year there's a lot of teams that could benefit from him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
what a dick

https://x.com/EthicalHoopz/status/1786201766712766486

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't feel bad for any indianian

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
When it mattered most dame was there for indy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

pentyne posted:

Beal seems to be more of an availability issue then anything else. If he could reliably play 65+ games a year there's a lot of teams that could benefit from him.

Yeah the Suns could have really used him in game 4, for instance