Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Snoopy ex-MIL pays the price for snooping.

Let me give you the tl;dr from the bottom of the post:

quote:

He is upset that his parents know he is a power bottom

AITAH for leaving photographic evidence of my husband cheating somewhere his parents should not have looked?

quote:

I (F30) kicked my husband (28) out of my house. It was my house prior to us getting married and it remains my house now.

I knew when I married him that he was bisexual. I was okay with it as long as he understood that we were monogamous. I said that I would never agree to an open relationship and if that was what he wanted he needed to be with someone else.

He agreed and said that I was the person he wanted to be with and that I was more than enough to satisfy him.

He lied. I found out he was having an affair with a man. I went through his iPad and took all the pictures for myself. Graphic. In a Mapplethorpe kind of way. When I confronted him he became physically aggressive. I was scared. He calmed down when I got Siri to call 911. He left.

Anyway I did not want him in my house again ever. When he wanted his things I asked him to make a list and send it to me.

I found every single thing on the list. I asked him where to send the box. He said he would pick it up. I told him that I would not let him set foot in my house and that I would call the cops if he tried.

He said he would send friends to get his stuff. I said I would leave his box o' crap with the front desk at my work. He didn't want to make them drive into the city.

We compromised and I agreed to give his parents a temporary code for my house. They are lovely people and I trusted them. I could see everything on my security system and I would know if he tried getting into my house.

The deal was that they would use the code, get the box from the front entrance then close and lock the door. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Instead it went difficult difficult lemon hosed.

I guess he didn't have everything on his list. He asked them to get something from my bedroom. Not the deal at all.

I had my pictures of his infidelity in my room in my chest of drawers. In an envelope. So to reiterate to find these pictures his mom had to go past our agreed limit into my house. She then had to enter my bedroom, open my chest of drawers, open an envelope, and look at what was inside.

I felt violated watching the video. Then I giggled like a little kid. It was hilarious. I see them come into the house. They use the code and open the door. His dad comes in and grabs the box. He goes back to their vehicle with the box. His mom hesitates before walking into my house and going to my room. She goes to my chest and opens the top drawer where we kept a box full of jewelry. She sees an envelope with his name on it. She looks around, I'm not sure why. Then she looks at the contents. She screams, I assume since I have my feed on video only, then she stuffs the pictures back in closes the drawer and goes running for the truck. My father in law comes to the door, locks it and leaves.

I guess he never told his parents about his proclivities. To say that this has created a problem for him is to take it lightly.

I get a call from him. He says I left the pictures out for his parents to find. I did not. I should have scattered them on top of the box his parents picked up but that felt cruel and unnecessary. Like I said I have always found them to be lovely people.

I told him where the pictures were. He said that he forgot bout a ring he left off the list and he told his mom where it should be. I said I would have tossed it in the box if he told me. He said he forgot until they were on their way.

He is upset that his parents know he is a power bottom. He is not happy at their house now and he is going to find somewhere else to stay. He said I'm an rear end in a top hat for causing this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FMguru posted:

AITAH for leaving photographic evidence of my husband cheating somewhere his parents should not have looked?

owned dipshits. that dude had it coming big time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Are there also Space, Time, Mind, Soul, and Reality Bottoms?

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
more like there's power tops, power bottoms, power ups, power downs, power stranges, and power charms.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

FMguru posted:

r/relationships: Graphic. In a Mapplethorpe kind of way.

There's so many good quotes in that post but this one made me laugh for some reason

edit: that one works too

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
We are all reality bottoms.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is speed a factor?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

Look I'm sure that's just a weird coincidence, there's no way he conveniently decided to just not pay a big batch of student loans.

And one of the complaints from his mom is that the 15-year-old is not biologically his, so the 15-year-old was either adopted or his current wife had the kid years before meeting him.
He talks about his wife working to provide for her kid as a single mother when they met, and it sounds like her drive and sense of responsibility attracted him to her years later, so yeah, she was a single mom.

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

lol

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
sharklike as hell

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i never hung out with masc gays much, was “power bottom” a term anyone actually used before that Always Sunny episode?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It came out of the gay leather subculture of the fifties.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
its like when you have a rumble pack installed

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Rockman Reserve posted:

i never hung out with masc gays much, was “power bottom” a term anyone actually used before that Always Sunny episode?

it is actually a term IRL before the episode, which is part of why it was funny to hear them trying to be so clinical about it

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

Do you really need help putting the puzzle pieces together here? She's a tactical nuclear financial disaster and refuses to even discuss the issue without flying off the handle. Gee, I wonder why the engagement has dragged on for 4 years without a wedding.

I'm gonna be that guy again and point out that if the genders were switched, we'd be prescribing a winch and an acid vat instead of more better therapy and a financial literacy course. I hope it's an online course, because LOL at the thought of going to some seminar put on by my credit union and listening to her argue with the presenter.

Then he should have ended it before he started looking at houses. Or at least made it clear it was a condition of the relationship with him then you needlessly aggressive rear end in a top hat.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Date got angry that he arrived 7 hours before and I wasn't there. Maybe I was in the wrong not to rush to him? I am F 40 and he is M 52

quote:

I have been chatting to a man online that lives in a different state to me for the last 4 months. We have been talking every day online and on the phone for hours at a time and we decided to meet today.

He drove 8 hours to see me and we arranged we would meet at a coffee shop at 2pm.

He calls me and tells me he drove all night to see me and he arrived at 7am. I had things on in the morning and wasn't able to leave to see him straight away, I did cancel some appointments and was in a hurry to try to see him earlier. I get an angry call from him at 11:45am asking how much longer I'll be and where I am, I said I am leaving in 30 to 45 mins and I will see him soon.

15 mins later he calls again and starts shouting at me saying I am playing games with him and he is sick of waiting for me and I am playing games with him and he is driving home and forget the coffee date. I managed to calm him down and left what I was doing (was getting my hair done) and yes I left the salon with it half done and went to him immediately.

When I got there he was cold and angry and he said 'you're not what i want, i don't want a woman that takes forever to come to me'

I tried to explain to him we arranged to meet at 2pm and just because he decided to drive all night to see me and arrive early, that was great but I couldn't drop everything to see him. He was so angry that he was rude to staff as well and he was complaining that the coffee wasn't good and it was cold etc.

Everything was bothering him and in the end he just left me there and said he is leaving he is going home.

My heart is broken as I spent 4 months getting to know this man, so many hours online and on the phone and this is how it ended.

He said he felt that if i was serious about him I would've arrived within 2 hours of him arriving instead of coming at the time we had both arranged.

Am I in the wrong and I messed all this up? Should I have done something different and the outcome would be different?

TLDR - Date arrived in town at 7am for a 2pm date and got angry with me as I didn't come to see him within 2 hours of him arriving. Could I have changed the outcome had I arrived when we he wanted me to rather than when we agreed?

:psyboom:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bullet dodged

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Troublemaker posted:

Date got angry that he arrived 7 hours before and I wasn't there. Maybe I was in the wrong not to rush to him? I am F 40 and he is M 52

Really should've told him to go home the moment he said he was there that early, that's scary.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
Seven hours early???? For a coffee date? What the hell, dude. That had to be some kind of power play on his part.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Troublemaker posted:

How reddit do these two have to be that their best chance of a relationship is to find people 8 hour car rides away from where they live?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Not just seven hours early, but an eight hour drive??? Absolutely not

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rockman Reserve posted:

Yes.

Contrary to my username I am not LGBTQ+, but if I remember right it basically means you strongly prefer playing catcher and not pitcher.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

I. M. Gei posted:

Yes.

Contrary to my username I am not LGBTQ+, but if I remember right it basically means you strongly prefer playing catcher and not pitcher.

Bossy catcher.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I. M. Gei posted:

Yes.

That's just top/bottom/vers

Power is about being dominant (vs submissive)

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Aita for not telling my girlfriend about my savings?

quote:

I 20M have been working since I was 14. I grew up very poor and watched my dad work two jobs to make ends meet. My first job was at Publix working 15-20 maybe 25 hours a week but my dad made sure I saved all my money unless I wanted a new video game or a pair of shoes but he still wouldn’t let me splurge like I wanted. He paid for all my food and phone bill until he passed away when I was 16. I started working at a restaurant and the manager gave me a lot of hours. I’d clock in at 9 am as a prep cook and then clock in at 4 pm as a busser. I wouldn’t clock out until like 11-12 pm. I was making at least 800 a week during the summer as a 16 year old. It was great. I saved up about 3,000 dollars that whole summer. Then when I’d leave school I’d clock in from 4 pm to 10 pm and work the rest of my shift under the table. I saved up at least 5,000 dollars through the whole school year. I was always very frugal with my money and never cared for the nicer clothes. I still dress nice but no desire to wear designer clothes. Well now that I work full time for the past 2-3 years I have roughly $30,000 more or less.

I started dating my girlfriend two years ago and I always say I’m broke when I have less than $500 in my checking account. I’m not necessarily saving up for anything because I live with my sister and she doesn’t make me pay any bills except for the light bill/my phone plan and the stuff that I want. My girlfriend doesn’t have as good as money management as I do. Whenever she gets sad she likes to “retail therapy.” I’ve never understood why but her parents spoiled her growing up so I figure that plays a part but oh well everyone has their own ways of dealing with sadness and that’s hers.

Well she was asking if I could send her like $200-300 bucks for something (won’t disclose what) and I told her to send it to her through my bank. I didn’t think she’d go through my whole bank app and click on my savings but she saw I had $2,500 in my checking and went to my savings. She came to me and showed me my phone and was like “We’re rich!! You must’ve been selling drugs or something haha.” I did find it funny but I tried to tell her easy that we’re not spending that. And she then thought about it and looked the transactions over the years and added it all up and was like you never mentioned anything about this account. I said “because that money isn’t wealth. It’s a savings in case anything bad happens.”

Now I will say I’m not stingy with my money, I just don’t spend money on things I don’t need. I still take my girlfriend out to eat every week and buy her flowers. I make sure she feels her worth which is more than that money I have saved. We just look at money differently. If anything were to ever happen to her I’d obviously care for her and take money out of the account for her. But she started talking about she doesn’t need to work if I have that type of money. I explained that money isn’t wealth once again and $30,000 can be gone in the blink of an eye. She wasn’t having it. I told her we can start a savings account together that’ll strictly be for trips, activities, etc. she said I already have the money for that. I responded this is why I didn’t mention the money to you because you’d want to spend it all in a matter of a month. She broke down crying saying I didn’t trust her and I don’t love her.

I plan on marrying this woman and love her to death but I don’t want to jeopardize something I worked years on to save and be comfortable financially. I don’t use credit cards or anything yet and I am in no debt. I do see where she’s coming from and I could see where I’m in the wrong by not disclosing this with her but I knew I’d have start from ground zero again.

Run dude. Also don’t give other people access to your banking app wtf.

mystes
May 31, 2006

DreamingofRoses posted:

quote:

But she started talking about she doesn’t need to work if I have that type of money.
lol she has no actual concept of money if she thinks him having $30k in savings is enough for her to quit her job

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

That kind of savings is what most financial 'experts' say is the bare minimum you need to have on hand for a home owning family. Like yeah great job at 20 but that money can go in an instant as soon as you have real expenses like marriage, home, and kids.

It sounds like what you get with 2 20 year olds who don't really understand how to manage their finances but from the complete opposite end of the spectrum. 30k in a checking account is wasted potential, and you really want that building up interest in a Roth IRA or something similar.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 3, 2024

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

pentyne posted:

That kind of savings is what most financial 'experts' say is the bare minimum you need to have on hand for a home owning family. Like yeah great job at 20 but that money can go in an instant as soon as you have real expenses like marriage, home, and kids.

It sounds like what you get with 2 20 year olds who don't really understand how to manage their finances but from the complete opposite end of the spectrum. 30k in a checking account is wasted potential, and you really want that building up interest in a Roth IRA or something similar.

I mean he only has 2.5k in his checking, the rest is at least in a savings account.

the real hilarious Bad with Money poo poo is in the dude's comments where he's talking about investing that into breeding 'fluffy french bulldogs' because 'there's a lot of money in them' or possibly 'getting a horse breeding bloodline I can pass down to my kids'.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 3, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Not a Pete story, but OP shows similar steely resolve.

AITA for putting a lien on my brother's house and refusing to remove it until he pays me.

quote:

I do house renovations as a business. Even when I do work for family and friends at a discount I have a contract.

My nephews are getting bigger and they want seperate rooms. My brother asked me to help him finish his basement, make a couple of rooms down there, add a washroom, add a kitchenette, and wire up a family room.

I priced it out and said I would charge him $32,000 including materials. This was a sizeable discount. The bathroom alone I would charge anyone else 15,000. His wasn't even roughed in.

He never paid me. He always had excuses. I paid for the material and I paid my guys for the work. We did it when I had downtime so I didn't lose out on other money but it still sucked to get shafted.

So I put a construction lien on the house. He didn't care and I wasn't going to make him homeless.

That was two years ago. Now he got a new job and has to move. And to get a new house he has to sell his current house. Which he can't do because their is a lien against the property.

He called me to get me to remove it. He promised he would pay me as soon as it sold. I told him "gently caress you pay me".

My parents called me to tell me that they would pay what he owes. I said I would agree so long as he paid them back and if he didn't then any money he didn't pay back had to come out of any inheritance we were getting, god forbid. And that interest started accruing from the day of the "loan". They agreed that that was fair.

My brother called me to scream at me for involving my parents and out inheritance. I reminded him that he involved them not me.

He finally took money out from a line of credit and paid me. With interest. I'm a reasonable man.

The house sold over asking and the finished basement suite made a huge difference on what he got.

He is still pissed at me for doing it but I did everything legal and by the books.
Bro was absolutely never going to pay that bill, good on OP for tightening the screws and refusing to back down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3bhh8fqYs

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

lol she has no actual concept of money if she thinks him having $30k in savings is enough for her to quit her job

I can only assume she's extrapolating based on her own spending habits. I'm lucky if I have $300 in my savings account at any given time, therefore if he has $30000 he must be making 100x as much money as I do!

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

Well now that I work full time for the past 2-3 years I have roughly $30,000 more or less. (...) But she started talking about she doesn’t need to work if I have that type of money.
This feels like the origin story of the woman from a couple pages ago with zero financial literacy who talked about how her fiancee "cares more about the mortgage lender's opinion than love".

FMguru posted:

AITA for putting a lien on my brother's house and refusing to remove it until he pays me.
Bro was absolutely never going to pay that bill, good on OP for tightening the screws and refusing to back down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3bhh8fqYs
Smart contractor. "gently caress you pay me" is the freelancer/small business owner's mantra; you either learn that real drat quick or you go out of business real drat quick.

There's a great business explainer video on YouTube from about a decade ago which uses this mantra as a foundation for a talk on the importance of contracts. About 25 minutes long, but it's legit one of the best (and reasonably entertaining) explanations of how to handle contracts and contract disputes that I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVkLVRt6c1U

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

DreamingofRoses posted:

I feel bad with how much this kid worked and was probably taken advantage of by his employers. I also feel there are some labor laws his employer's broke when he was working 14-15 hour days during the summer. I'm sure they'll say "It was 2 different jobs!" but come on.

Edit: Misread some figures.

mystes
May 31, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

I feel bad with how much this kid worked and was probably taken advantage of by his employers. I also feel there are some labor laws his employer's broke when he was working 14-15 hour days during the summer. I'm sure they'll say "It was 2 different jobs!" but come on.

Edit: Misread some figures.
I'm sure they were very worried about labor laws when he was doing the extra hours under the table

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

IMO he should get into breeding show rabbits

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

mystes posted:

I'm sure they were very worried about labor laws when he was doing the extra hours under the table

Of course they didn't care and were probably ecstatic they had someone who would work long hours for cheap. I just hope that OP realizes how much they took advantage of him but I'm assuming he doesn't.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

quote:

I grew up in poverty and watched my grandmother work herself into an early grave trying to raise the grandchildren her children produced and then dumped on her doorstep. I slept on the floor most nights because my cousins and half-siblings took up the bed while my grandmother slept on the sofa. There was never enough of anything—clothes, food,time, or attention. I made sure when I had my own children that they knew they had to be sexually responsible because I wasn’t going to be there to fix their mistakes. I raised my children and wasn’t going to be spending my golden years raising theirs.

My daughter, “Dylan,” chose to ignore me. She also immediately got married after college and began having babies. I begged her to at least get a part-time job to build up a work history and have her own income. She didn’t. Her husband cheated on her after the birth of her first and second baby. I told her that she should think about divorce or at least about getting herself to a place where she had her own assets. Dylan accused me of trying to sabotage her marriage and we didn’t speak for a while. She and her family moved out of our state.

Last year, my partner and I decided to downsize and sell our houses to buy one in a 55-plus community. We sold his and bought a smaller home in the community but had a harder time with mine. Then my daughter dropped a bombshell on me. She is pregnant again and her husband is leaving her and their kids for another woman. He has already drained their bank accounts and left her with nothing. I wired her enough money to keep the bill collectors away and get a lawyer. I advised her to look for a job, any job to get some money coming in, and to think long and hard about whether she wanted to continue this pregnancy in this situation. Her other two children are in school and infant care would be too expensive in her area. After the sale of my house, I would be able to help her out some but she was looking at a very difficult road ahead. Dylan told me that she couldn’t believe I would still be going through the sale while she and her kids were in such “danger.” That I was the worst mother in the world and a horrible human being.

I told her that I loved her and her kids. That I would help whenever it was possible but she has never heeded one of my warnings and can’t hold me accountable for her choices. She needed to step up for her children and consider how she was going to deal with the divorce. She can’t leave the state with the kids and alimony is going to be limited. Dylan cursed me out and now will not take my calls. My other children are equally frustrated with Dylan and my partner tells me not to blame myself. I love my daughter and her children but Dylan is nearly 30, she is beyond the age where I can magically fix things for her. I don’t know what to do next. My house has received several offers. What should I do?

—I Can’t Be Her Fallback

quote:

Dear Fallback,

This is a painful letter to read. You should certainly not blame yourself for selling the house. You’ve made these plans and worked for them; you should be able to follow through on your move.

Is there any way, logistically speaking, to bend a small amount on the question of Dylan’s kids? They don’t deserve to live through this situation without any extended-family support at all, and they didn’t make any of their mother’s choices for her. I suspect this situation is making you feel like you’re a few wrong moves from being “just like” your own grandmother, immiserating yourself because of your children’s bad choices. But I think the way your life has unfolded so far has proven that you aren’t your grandma. It sounds like your other children are independent; you own a home and are partnered with someone who owns theirs. You’re about to move somewhere nice for your golden years—and to be clear, you should feel emboldened to make the sale. I don’t think you risk losing all of that momentum if you help them a little. The geography’s a little unclear to me, but maybe one of your other children, their aunt or uncle, could house them for a bit, and you could contribute money for their food and clothes? Give your daughter some time to cool off, and come back to her with a concrete suggestion like this showing how you can help. I just don’t believe the kids deserve to be punished for their mom’s ill-advised choices, no matter how much deja vu you’re feeling.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

big black turnout posted:

That's just top/bottom/vers

Power is about being dominant (vs submissive)

No don’t tell him!! Straights trying to guess queer terminology from assumptions and half-understood media references is my favorite

I. M. Gei, please tell us what you imagine a ‘circuit gay’ is or does, also ‘gold star lesbian’ :allears:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

FMguru posted:

Mouthy MIL boldly walks into a trap, is shocked-pikachu when DIL doesn't bail her out

AITA for dropping my daughter of at my MIL's house and not picking her up when requested?

Less than 24 hours to go from "I'll show my stupid useless DIL how to properly raise a kid" to "help help please pick up your awful kid she is driving me insane", impressive. Good on the husband for backing his wife against his mother.

Things like this keep me humble so I don't become one of those childless people who know how to raise everybody else's children. A friend of mine has a child with some issues and what she's said to me about it sounds 1. like things that could be handled with a reasonable level of discipline that the friend is unwilling to carry out and 2. like me at that age. I need to remember that I'm probably not getting the whole story. Also there's a pretty good chance I was a messed-up little kid.

eta a while back but

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA: broke sister won’t pay back rich brother

quote:

Do you sit in [location] and think hmmmm

Let me ask my sister for 3k
But SHE asked HIM for 3k

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

HookedOnChthonics posted:

No don’t tell him!! Straights trying to guess queer terminology from assumptions and half-understood media references is my favorite

I. M. Gei, please tell us what you imagine a ‘circuit gay’ is or does, also ‘gold star lesbian’ :allears:

The second one is easy, that's a lesbian who has lost a family member in military combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

HookedOnChthonics posted:

a gold star lesbian is a lesbian whos completed all four years of their apprenticeship and have passed their journeyperson's test