Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cult of Pies posted:

Jim's still cookin'

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1786055166447300764

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

“You have not been very nice to me and I don’t appreciate it” would make a good thread title to add to the backlog.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I still don't understand Jim's weird rear end reasoning of "well you know, she wears pink and this other person wears pink so wwe stans are going to yell at her for wearing pink"

Like :dafuq:, I guess Miyu Yamashita shouldn't be called the pink striker because oh no, the wwe stans are trying to trademark pink or something poo poo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Miching Mallecho posted:

I still don't understand Jim's weird rear end reasoning of "well you know, she wears pink and this other person wears pink so wwe stans are going to yell at her for wearing pink"

Like :dafuq:, I guess Miyu Yamashita shouldn't be called the pink striker because oh no, the wwe stans are trying to trademark pink or something poo poo

He said a dumb thing and doesn’t want to accept the criticism so now he’s choosing this hill to die on. He probably knows he’s being a boob but can’t walk it back now because he’s been too loud about it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

He said a dumb thing and doesn’t want to accept the criticism so now he’s choosing this hill to die on. He probably knows he’s being a boob but can’t walk it back now because he’s been too loud about it.

the best time to stop acting like a boob is right away, the next best time is now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shelly Martínez doesn’t deserve this poo poo.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Oh Taz can trademark orange but a woman can't trademark pink? smh

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Miyu shouldn't wear pink because the champion of her promotion also wears pink and has a far too similar given name

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

He didn't even make his own point right, Mariah was wearing tennis style gear which was probably what made him think of the connection. But he went all in on pink for some reason.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Trying to explain to a wrestler that they can't wear black because another guy already claimed it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Trying to explain to a wrestler that they can't wear black because another guy already claimed it

guy who sees shibata come out in plain black trunks and doesnt know hes not stone cold steve austin.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I don't think Jim is necessarily wrong to say WWE fanboys will claim Mariah is a ripoff, but:

A) They're going to do that no matter what
B) Jim should then just say "these people are dumb" and not "Mariah should stop wearing pink!"

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Mariah May is a blatant Toni Storm ripoff and I can’t believe I’m the only one saying this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's just the perfect idiot Twitter post. The person making the post obviously has a coherent and well thought out argument that makes sense, don't do anything too similar to WWE because it will just look like you're copying them. But through the magic of Twitter and the English language we get that you can't wear pink because the other person wears pink.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shard posted:

I thought yall told me Jim was smart?

he's got the smarts of a crustacean. barnacle-brained jim

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm sorry Mariah there can only be one blonde in wrestling and it's gonna end up being Charlotte so everyone else either dye your hair or shave your heads, Jim Valley demands it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Like, I disagree in every way and the post is very stupid, but I can in some way see what he thinks is the logic behind what he is saying (Stratton's character is inexorably linked with the hyper girly pink everything).

On the other hand it's a stupid point and lmfao

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’s not like she came out and did a bunch of her catchphrases modified slightly for her own character, like when Juvi started calling himself The Juice and doing all of The Rock’s lines

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Remember that time when having similar aesthetics as a wrestler in another company stopped someone getting over?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It's like when after WCW folded, during the endless "why WCW died " programs they did, you had motherfuckers like Dok Hendrix going "I saw they had a bald guy in black trucks and oh my god, it's just Steve Austin"

It's kinda like that,except AEW hasn't folded, so it's even stupider now(especially with Twitter).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jim gonna lose it again

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1786113051000733830

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Better maki itoh than Grayson waller

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hell who doesnt and hasnt

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Maki is gonna make the Itoh 3:16 meme real
good for her

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/bustnmove/status/1785832773283946718?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

I like that there’s a ton of people calling him stupid in the comments and he still won’t back down.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Apparently that guy thinks Excalibur is racist too, somehow

I bet he watched an old Chikara show or something

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

It’s based off the old PWG clips from like 04’ when they were all being edgy 20 year olds. That circle of AEW haters love to bring those around when they got nothing else to talk about.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

If someone wanted to they could bring up Excalibur's old PWG commentary every couple of years and get another round of public apologies and unpaid vacations, depending on how much outrage they could generate.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/bustNmove/status/1785949337517797741

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

I hope Brian Last falls down a well

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

I hope Brian Last falls down a well

"Did this feel like a big deal or just another guy in a hoooooole

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SgtCarnage123/status/1786091806121185727?t=6CVEO5kBubxtgNK7TJpyyw&s=19

These gross weirdos just can't get enough cuck angles

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Again” wondering how the hell they got dragged into that sentence.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

keithy george posted:

He didn't even make his own point right, Mariah was wearing tennis style gear which was probably what made him think of the connection. But he went all in on pink for some reason.

I think it is 100% this and maybe another outfit that looked vaguely like what Stratton would wearing if you don't understand the difference between Stratton's gimmick and Mariah who dresses more like a Shein influencer.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

The_Rob posted:

https://x.com/bustnmove/status/1785832773283946718?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

I like that there’s a ton of people calling him stupid in the comments and he still won’t back down.

Taking everything the commentary team says literally sounds like a decent Twitter gimmick.

Taz says, and I quote, 'He took him to Yambag City'. I didn't see them leave the ring and I checked a atlas, there is no Yambag City. There's a Yamba in Ethiopia but it's a village at best. These people need to get their poo poo together.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Most Power Alex posted:

Taking everything the commentary team says literally sounds like a decent Twitter gimmick.

Taz says, and I quote, 'He took him to Yambag City'. I didn't see them leave the ring and I checked a atlas, there is no Yambag City. There's a Yamba in Ethiopia but it's a village at best. These people need to get their poo poo together.

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Most Power Alex posted:

lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

in the dynamite audience in winnipeg last night people were actually trying to start chants about this :/

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

rotinaj posted:

One major color is not going to become property of any one wrestler, especially not one who is still trying to get over, and thinking that is just silly

Isn't the one exception to this black-and-pink, from Bret Hart? Except even that stopped being a thing once the Acclaimed made it their colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Rob posted:

This guy rules

Already has failed at podcasting, trying to force a hashtag in loving 2024, and acting like he is a big shot with an enormous following hanging on his every word