Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the reason israel wants to invade rafah is to kill more palestinians!!! thats it!!! thats the whole objective!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Al! posted:

do.....do people think hamas is cornered in rafah???? they have tunnels!!!! thats their whole thing!!!!!

hamas has literally not stopped rocketing israel from northern gaza until today, they have not stopped any sort of military operation and action all over gaza and have also started returning to action in Beit Hanoun the most northern town in gaza.

hamas is not cornered at all and even if the israelis commit the giant genocide in rafah they will still have won nothing.

they are way past any point in which israel can get a victory out if this, they are loving done, sadly america can let them die right now so theyre shambling and flailing their way to their own defeat the hard way.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Hillary's plan to defeat ISIS version 2

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Any government for Gaza set up in collaboration with Israel and/or the US will correctly be viewed as traitors to the Palestinians and immediately be rejected.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

:blessed:

Tuek
May 8, 2007

HazCat posted:

Is the phrasing "death to Israel" really what we're saying now?

You must be new here, DTI DTA

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

do.....do people think hamas is cornered in rafah???? they have tunnels!!!! thats their whole thing!!!!!

this was a Day One objection to Israel’s whole game plan. they loved hawking those control maps like they mattered.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
yeah but they were going to dump A/B foam into all the tunnels

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this was a Day One objection to Israel’s whole game plan. they loved hawking those control maps like they mattered.
if shooter games have taught us correctly then Israel puts their flags up in strategic places so the Hamas spawn points go away and since Israel will hold a plurality of the capture points the Hamas respawn tickets will start dropping which means the game will soon be theirs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Al! posted:

the reason israel wants to invade rafah is to kill more palestinians!!! thats it!!! thats the whole objective!!!!!!

reading accounts from Palestinians talking about rafah being a city of children :smith:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://x.com/AudreyTruschke/status/1786190481610711307

The protest organizers emphasize that they will reconvene the encampments if the university pulls the rug from underneath them. But since the Spring semester is essentially over, I'm not sure if they'll have the ability to do so.

On the surface it seems like this is a better agreement than Brown. But it seems like demands 3-10 aren't as important, and might give cover to the university if they try to walk back on the first two. Demand #9 seems like the powers that be might sneak in a few color revolution flags, but many of the protesters probably wouldn't mind that anyway.

Obviously, I'm very skeptical. Holloway has shown himself to be quite duplicitous when he wants to be, judging by how inadequately the faculty strike was resolved a while back.

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 02:00 on May 3, 2024

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat, we shouldn't have israelmaxxed so hard.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

If I made this my twitter header pic, would I get a job in the US State Dept?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Ripps humongous line of Coke

quote:

The Israeli war effort is in real trouble. But it isn't lost yet. Here is how Israel could still win the war.

1) Break off negotiations with Hamas.
2) Start negotiations with the US, Egypt, UAE, Jordan, and the PA on a new and reformed government in Gaza.
3) Start to set up that government.
4) Bring the IDF back into Khan Younis, Gaza City, and elsewhere.
5) Conduct a pinpoint operation to take over the Philadelphi route (the border with Egypt) and start to dismantle the tunnels, while leaving most of Rafah alone.
6) Surround Rafah completely. Place the best IDF commando units (Sayeret Matkal, Shayetet 13) on the periphery of the city. Have drones circle the city all day. Send them in to assassinate Hamas leaders one by one.
7) Tell the people of Rafah to evacuate and take care of the refugees with help from the international community.
8) THEN negotiate with Hamas while creating an alternative. At that point, they will be willing to leave Gaza.
9) Normalize with Saudi Arabia and cement a broad anti-Iranian coalition.

I am fairly certain that the plan would win the war and end Israeli isolation in the world. Will Netanyahu do any of that?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1786139190381474151?t=PgzudPT1_ISYqEazeLQMcw&s=19
https://twitter.com/mychaelschnell/status/1786155281862349040?t=kwyN0p61nMMVNY4jgPdhJg&s=19

Bibi stays the most beloved and protected man among the U.S. political establishment

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Release the arrest warrants despite American elites' "warnings" and arrest the bastard the moment he first sets foot on American soil.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm glad this guy has figured out how to defeat an urban enemy using solely air power

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Release the arrest warrants despite American elites' "warnings" and arrest the bastard the moment he first sets foot on American soil.

The US isn't party to the ICC

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I do think it's interesting just how many American and Israeli mouthpieces are openly piping up with Polite Concerns about the warrants. Gives me a little hope that the backchannel "negotiations" aren't going as smoothly as they hoped

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

The US isn't party to the ICC

Oh I know. I just think it'd be badass for the ICC to thumb its nose at Genocide Joe and the American establishment and arrest the gently caress anyway.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Genocide Joe, the numbers dont lie and they spell disaster for you at the hague

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
The US aren't signatories to the Rome Statute and will not arrest people or extradite them for the ICC, and passed a law that says they'll invade the Hague if they try to do a trial for Americans lol

Which kinda makes it silly that the ICC would listen to a bipartisan group of senators or whatever

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Paramemetic posted:

passed a law that says they'll invade the Hague if they try to do a trial for Americans lol

Really gives away what a sham it all is.

Though it is pretty hilarious to imagine a military that couldn't even "defend prosperity" in the Red Sea blundering into a half rear end invasion of the Hague with a doddering genocidal fool as Commander in Chief.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Just saw some video of the IDF telling some palestinian guy to go up the street and touch certain doors in an apartment complex. It was a part of an al Jazeera news piece. I'm not sure what was going on, but it looked like some operation pheonix stuff.

Anyone heard about the IDF doing anything like that?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Saraya Al-Ashtar posted:

The Islamic Resistance in Bahrain – Saraya Al-Ashtar – announces the targeting of the headquarters of the company responsible for ground transportation in the Zionist entity (Trucknet) in the city of Umm al-Rashrash in occupied Palestine (Eilat), on Tuesday, April 27, 2024, using drones, in support of the Palestinian cause and in solidarity with our resisting people in Gaza.

The Islamic Resistance in Bahrain affirms that it will continue its movements and support on all fronts for our patient people in resisting Gaza, and that it will not cease its operations until the zionist aggression on Gaza stops

Paramemetic posted:

The US aren't signatories to the Rome Statute and will not arrest people or extradite them for the ICC, and passed a law that says they'll invade the Hague if they try to do a trial for Americans lol

Which kinda makes it silly that the ICC would listen to a bipartisan group of senators or whatever

Not just Americans, a bunch of allied nations like Israel too.

Weka
May 5, 2019

HazCat posted:

Is the phrasing "death to Israel" really what we're saying now?

Like I oppose what Israel is doing in Gaza, and the formation of Israel in 1948 and displacement of Palestinians was a crime against humanity. I'm far from a supporter of Israel, but man that phrasing still sounds kind of genocidal in a way I'm pretty uncomfortable with.

I dunno. I know it's not the topic of the thread, so to bring it back I can't imagine matching with someone who said that phrasing. Is this just pearl clutching on my part?

Destroying a state is not destroying its citizens. 'Death to Germany' in 1940 was not a call for the genocide of the German people. Again, a state is not it's citizens, it's an extremely liberal idea to prioritize the rights of states over the rights of people.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Literal slavery. From a poster last year:

The last one actually made me drop my jaw lol

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

E: this was an extremely burger post for this thread

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 04:04 on May 3, 2024

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

israel has always depended as an underclass of near-slaves. even before they declared independence they were bringing in arab jews for their labor:

just quoting from wikipedia on yeminite jews:

quote:

The purpose of this immigration was considered by the Zionist Office as allowing the importation of cheap labour. This wave of Yemenite Jewry underwent extreme suffering, physically and mentally, and those who arrived between 1912 and 1918 had a very high incidence of premature mortality, ranging from between 30% and 40% generally and, in some townships, reaching as high as 50%

Claims were made that, between 1949 and 1951, up to 1,033 children of Yemenite immigrant families may have disappeared from the immigrant camps. It was said that the parents were told that their children were ill and required hospitalization. Upon later visiting the hospital, it is claimed that the parents were told that their children had died though no bodies were presented and graves which have later proven to be empty in many cases were shown to the parents.

and in 1933, the haavara agreement with nazi germany allowed the nazis to get around the anti-nazi boycott in 1933 while supplying the colony with desperate (and broke, all their assets being given to the nazis) fresh bodies for labor.

I'm sure there's more examples if I went digging but I'm not FF. Like all colonies it relied on a supply of labor that could be treated as expendable. Who they considered expendable has changed over the years but whoever it was was always treated like poo poo.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
e: there's a new page, this was redundant.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

solidarity on literally every continent. you love to see it

https://twitter.com/saaaauuull/status/1785168699046944816

e: meant to put this in the protest thread but it should still warm some cockles here.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

While Israel is to blame for his death in captivity, I don't see how "tortured" is documented here?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

The Sean posted:

While Israel is to blame for his death in captivity, I don't see how "tortured" is documented here?

Death in captivity. How is this torture. --a lib mind

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Meta AI, welcome to the resistance.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Hubbert posted:

Meta AI, welcome to the resistance.

Oops! I can't generate that image. Can I help you imagine something else?

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Torpor posted:

Just saw some video of the IDF telling some palestinian guy to go up the street and touch certain doors in an apartment complex. It was a part of an al Jazeera news piece. I'm not sure what was going on, but it looked like some operation pheonix stuff.

Anyone heard about the IDF doing anything like that?

It's a war crime where you grab a local civilian(or pow) and use him to find traps, usually by threatening to kill him unless he goes in front of you. It's considered a form of press-ganging and is a war crime.

Barrel Cactaur has issued a correction as of 05:14 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Barrel Cactaur posted:

It's a war crime where you grab a local civilian(or pow) and use him to find traps, usually by threatening to kill him unless he goes in front of you. It's considered a form of press-ganging and is a war crime.

Commonly referred to as human shielding. Palestinians are familiar with it because the IDF is constantly doing it to them.