Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Sindai posted:

PSN account linking is going to stop being optional soon:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529806518741

oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

this should be entertaining

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

does anyone else hear a roar when they shut off the termicide?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Astrochicken posted:

Yeah lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

thatbastardken posted:

oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Why's it a big deal to link your account?

Astrochicken posted:

Look up.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Infinitum posted:

i don't have one and i don't want one.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Pubbies ignoring Stalker Nests is my biggest pet peeve. Especially if it is the (new?) 4 stalker nest which is a run ender if not dealt with.

I exclusively play with randoms so it is hit or miss if people are doing things, but 99% of the time it has been a good experience.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Sokani posted:

Pubbies ignoring Stalker Nests is my biggest pet peeve. Especially if it is the (new?) 4 stalker nest which is a run ender if not dealt with.

I exclusively play with randoms so it is hit or miss if people are doing things, but 99% of the time it has been a good experience.

Yep, demoing a spotted Stalkers nest is an instant drop everything and kill it yesterday priority.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
As soon as you see a stalker it should be the immediate priority to find and destroy the nest above anything else. A lot harder to do now that they just *appear* and ragdoll you to death with tendril whips, before you could see the silhouette clearly in the distance and trace them back easy enough.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

Well, I already have one... Why did I still wearily sigh? I can just relog into the PSN network website right now so easy- *connection to the server has timed out error* Oh right, multi layer accounts are often cursed.

EDIT: Firefox keeps bringing me back every time I leave it "It would be funny if it worked in another browser-loving really?"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 3, 2024

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I haven't personally found Stalkers much harder than they were per se, at least compared to whenever I got blindsided by a pack even before they got proper optical camo, but yeah they're way harder to keep track of now even if you know where they are. Had to clear out a double nest on my own on diff 8 (I alerted my team but they were pinned on an objective in the northwest while I was in the northeast), managed to bomb several holes while torching them with my Flamethrower but ran out of stims and had to run back to finish the job - thankfully one of the others had died and dropped a Blitzer for me to snag (I'm still only in the default warbond - I have accumulated nearly enough SC from playing for two Premium warbond unlocks but I haven't decided to commit yet), which was pretty handy for juggling the Stalkers still around the nest.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
The team I had tonight simply unloaded strategems and guns in the general direction of the stalkers, which either killed or uncloaked them. Then we killed them and their nest. Bc of the flamethrower challenge we had 2 flamethrower guys and still somehow we had trouble with chargers.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

The 20 hunters makes charger wrangling more complicated with the flamethrower. Bile Titans being unfuckwithable while carrying the flamethrower also throws some more bs into the mix.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

thatbastardken posted:

yeah

everything requiring an account is loving annoying and having something pointlessly foisted on me that I don't want bothers me far far more than whatever the actual experience of making/using another online account

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

aaaggghhh when are they gonna let us customize our armor color

my helmet's white doesn't exactly match my cape's off-white and it's driving me insane

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
The worst thing about stalkers now is you can't ping around and find their nest on the map.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Infinitum posted:

my account?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My stalker detector is when someone gets gibbed and screams STALKERS!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Bottom Liner posted:

500kg is awesome because you get 2 charges and you can use it on a big variety of targets. Does the orbital cooldown average out to be as useful?

The 500 is generally more useful but the orbital is just so much more satisfying to 1-shot with imo. It probably matters above 7 but I'm allergic to real difficulty in co-op games.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Precision strike is fairly close to an orbital version of the 500kg. Smaller radius but similar damage and utility. Will kill research bases, detector towers, and other hard targets. Easy to hit stunnable small things or slow big things with it.

If you're taking a crowd-control support weapon and have confidence in your titan wrangling movement it's not unreasonable to take both.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It's hard on some maps, but a lot of times if you see a decent size black dot/smudge on your minimap that doesn't have a red nest shading on it, it's likely a stalker nest, although sometimes they are close enough to a regular nest/bug stuff that the black merges.

Also they always come from the direction of their nest so after you deal with them run in that direction.

The double stalker nest was always there, it's just not present every time since there are a few variations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Popping a Charger's skull with an EAT at the last second so its corpse slumps at your feet is peak gaming :hellyeah:

I also like deliberately diving off the raised platform in the bug eradication mission onto the Pelipad during extract, eating poo poo, and crawling into the shuttle :byodood:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Apple Craft posted:

This really shouldn't be a big deal, but I loving hate it anyway.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I have given up on my ideas about the world and I would wear the mark of the beast to play the video game.

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

mercenarynuker posted:

So I have a UI question. At one point when I toggled my map, I could see the samples count (X/Y Commons, A/B Rares, etc). I rejiggered some settings at one point I think and now I can't anymore. I have had the Settings option "Sample Visibility" set to both Visible and Dynamic since then, but it still doesn't show the Samples count. Is that little counter tied to something else? I know it still exists, because my buddy has it on his, but we're stumped on what setting I need to enable/disable

I had the same issue. You need to change Mission Info Visibility away from Visible. I switched it back to Dynamic and sample counts started showing up again.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Astrochicken posted:

Thats the roar of democracy, brother.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Astrochicken posted:

I’ve heard the sound of a huge electronic device, followed ominous rumblings like I just triggered an earthquake

However I tend to be listening to music, gunfire and reinforcement requests so I probably missed it

Looking forward to the 200 helldiver raid against the Dead Space Planets!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

aaaggghhh when are they gonna let us customize our armor color

my helmet's white doesn't exactly match my cape's off-white and it's driving me insane

This is one of my few complaints about the game. It wasn't an issue in the first one since all the armor and capes had the same black/yellow color schemes (with few exceptions).

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I dunno if anyone noticed but at some point they added a "Hide UI" keybind that is unbound by default. I bound it but it didn't work. After this recent patch it now works for me.

Enjoy this hot evac. UI free.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Had a level 17 pubbie in a diff8 bug mission last night, which should have been my cue to drop from the group.

He was terrible, we barely made it to evac. Before leaving, I called him back in. He slammed down on me, killing me and making me drop the 35 samples I had on me. I was on mic quickly saying to pick up the samples, I had basically all of them!

He didn't pick them up, and walked into the pelican. Mission over! First time I actually just quit to desktop before any final mission stats rolled through.

I've been playing 8's, since 7's are the lowest needed to get supers, I figured 8's would have the people that are a little more confident in the game. Maybe I should just do 9's now.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Sindai posted:

PSN account linking is going to stop being optional soon:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529806518741

Well, I'm glad I had that friend create an account for me to get around the impossible captcha but this is loving ludicrous. I have a feeling sony is also the one leaning on them to prioritize this fairly absurd warbond schedule as their main dev priority, too.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

They claimed that the warbond schedule isn't done by Sony. I think it was their ceo that mentioned it.

E: still unhappy about the account linking. As a pc player I don't see any value in it for me so its probably only useful for them. They mention security but how can they not ban/protect with what they have now?

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 3, 2024

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

the mandatory psn linking is not ideal but eh, it was in the requirements on the steam page. they should have just made it mandatory from the start i guess. just give sony your data i mean they made the ps5 they're obviously smart and know what they're doing

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

If you think about it, they're absolutely right about their new content schedule. I'm someone who drops games after playing for a few days usually, and I often barely log in to the one MMO I actually pay for. I play Helldivers several times a week and I haven't gotten tired of it. They keep my attention very successfully.
And when you consider this games whole shtick, it kinda relies on keeping a large amount of their playerbase on that active schedule. Advancing a plot through interactive global events doesn't work if everyone pisses off until new content drops months later like we do in every other game.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
People keep saying "the warning is on the Steam page" but I can't find no sign of it, and couldn't when I bought the game as well.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

GlyphGryph posted:

People keep saying "the warning is on the Steam page" but I can't find no sign of it, and couldn't when I bought the game as well.

Its definitely there, next to the GameGuard and EULA warnings, and has been since pre-order was available basically.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

what is really bad is how people in certain regions (russia, philipines) could buy the game but now suddenly just can't play it because psn isn't available there

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

When I started the game for the first time it warned me a psn account was required. It didn't enforce it, but it did warn me.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I didn't realise it was never mandatory, I made one when I got the game and haven't thought about it since. Just one more of the million accounts you have to make for stuff, and I don't really see how Sony is any worse than the thousand other corporations that already have all of my data.

They definitely shouldn't require it in unavailable regions though, that would be genuinely lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s dumb but it is a Sony game so whatever. There’s always a price for freedom