Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

That is certainly a lot of links, including a few good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

my bony fealty posted:

David Grusch: "I hosed an alien"

Garrus, Tali, Liara, or Wrex?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

who's ready for 90 minutes of grandstanding and 3-4 prosaic explanations
https://x.com/AskaPol_UAPs/status/1786131613421548021

I assume this is more bullshit. This topic feels a bit dormant, and I suspect it will be for a little while to come.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

give me a print out of Grusch smiling

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Nichael posted:

Garrus, Tali, Liara, or Wrex?

A krogan, in front of congress: "I'd have described it as 'workmanlike,' yeah. Real disappointed, to be honest."

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Xenos Induced Dementia (XID)

Help I've xidded my pants

Carp
May 29, 2002

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Sleekly posted:

this is surely just poor observation on our part, or less charitably basic human bias.
animal kingdom is way older than us, they didnt get there via "no first aid"

to take an everyday example, birds. lots of them have one foot. sometimes two little stumps only. or half a wing. at some point the birds remove the troubled limb. a self or community administered amputation.
the big wild cats are another with constant wounds and issues but they look after themselves too

I mean sure but an animal that eats a medicinal plant because it has pain relieving properties is one thing, but specifically picking a plant not normally eaten and chewing it up to make a paste then applying to a wound is on a whole other level even for an animal as intelligent as an orangutan.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

give it a bong and observe, that will provide sufficient proof.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

D-Pad posted:

I mean sure but an animal that eats a medicinal plant because it has pain relieving properties is one thing, but specifically picking a plant not normally eaten and chewing it up to make a paste then applying to a wound is on a whole other level even for an animal as intelligent as an orangutan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJsn1QivbKM

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

animals invented the mortar and pestle and i still suck at using mine

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

still suits for recapturing alien spunk

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Riot Bimbo posted:

still suits for recapturing alien spunk

With a Semen suit in good working order, you won’t lose more than a thimbleful of cum a day.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1786160339442098463

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

three alien fuckers

they all hosed aliens

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

my bony fealty posted:

three alien fuckers

they all hosed aliens

whomst amongst ustst

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The aitees just didn't know what all their options were when they hosed these guys. We've all been there. That's another reason disclosure is happening though- they collectively realized "we can do better."

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Grusch is basically peddling the modern day El Dorado, and Capital can't help itself

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

dr mark t esper, popularized by his previous role as "mad scientist from a final fantasy game"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

grusch shouldve kept the beard

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
SALT is an interesting place to show up, it goes back to Grusch originally saying he wanted to be some sort of media personality in this new UFO topic... I bothered to look up the agenda:

Evaluating Threats to America, Foreign and Domestic: A Conversation with Secretary Mark Esper
SPEAKERS:
Dr. Mark T. Esper|27th United States Secretary of Defense
MODERATOR:
Jake Sherman|Founder,Punchbowl News

New World Disorder: A Conversation with General Mark Milley
SPEAKERS:
General Mark Milley|20th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
MODERATOR:
Anthony Scaramucci|Chairman,SALT

Non-Human Intelligence and Earth
SPEAKERS:
Dave Grusch|Former U.S. Intelligence Officer
MODERATOR:
Alex Klokus|Managing Partner,SALT Fund

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

It's not that surprising. Government admits UFOs are a real thing and that crowd sees it as something they will somehow be able to make money on and they want to know more.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

aliens recoil in fear from salt, like fairies, solid pick for a speaking engagement from Big G

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah I think getting the investor class horny for the info is a very effective bit of leverage against the MIC wanting to keep it buttoned up

We just have to hope the nature of the technology is universal or it just goes from the MIC owning the world to the investors

But alas

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Been away for a while, but my wife and I just saw the John Oliver segment and it was quite good! Anyway, wanted to pop in and say hi, bird friends.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah I think getting the investor class horny for the info is a very effective bit of leverage against the MIC wanting to keep it buttoned up

We just have to hope the nature of the technology is universal or it just goes from the MIC owning the world to the investors

But alas

We all know exactly what would happen

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pie in the Sky posted:

Been away for a while, but my wife and I just saw the John Oliver segment and it was quite good! Anyway, wanted to pop in and say hi, bird friends.

honestly he's very irresponsible with his pets 1.5/10

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/RogerStankovic/status/1786370092986667352

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol that’s gonna be someone’s art project

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

alien orb

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Boeing now just dropping random poo poo for kicks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought it was an art to at first but then realized it’s in Australia

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Ok so this is a fun one.

This guy on tiktok owns an investment property house 5 hours from where he lives. He gets a notification from a camera and it shows a guy walking into his backyard and then entering the shed. The shed has no other exits and the guy never comes out so he calls the police and they show up and look and nobody is in the shed. Then the next day he gets another notification and a much older guy walks out of his shed but he looks like the same guy just much older. So he is claiming the guy must have been a time traveler.

Now I occasionally see stuff like this on TikTok and it's just somebody making up and filming something that seems like a mystery but is staged. I still believe that's probably what's going but this does have some more interesting points that make it a fun what if. For one whenever I see something like this if you go back in the posters video history it's very obvious based on what they post that they are a conspiracy nut that makes poo poo up but this guy just posts nothing but real estate videos and has never posted anything close to this. Second he fasts forward through all the footage and it never shows anybody exiting the shed and in another video he posts a picture of the inside of the shed and there is indeed no other exit. Third the cops actually showed up guns drawn so that's a risky thing to do for your hoax.

All of that can be explained, but what i saw today that made this into a fun what if for me was another tiktoker I follow who is an incredulous conspiracy nut posted about it and did a reverse image search on the older man and found a quora profile whose picture looks exactly like the older man who walked out of the shed and whose account has posted questions about time travel. And the posts are years old so it's either a huge coincidence or this guy planned this hoax and set up a fake quora profile before tiktok was even a thing. Also the guy in the profile they found supposedly died a few years ago.

So yeah, I'm not saying this is real but it is a fun one. Here is the time travel video:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLQhLPwt/

And here is the quota doppelganger:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLQkAQx1/

The original tiktoker is going to take a trip to his property in the next few days and post an update so I'll post an update.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this is what yall get for considering the dot - it has been hade manifest all glory to Dot

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
It would be pretty funny if the skies are getting crowded enough that failed probes start exceeding the local authorities ability to retrieve/cover-up

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1786419153139646971?t=DWbuOrIZoK98qRhpFHvoqw&s=19

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
That silver ball becomes bluer and bluer the further we get from disclosure.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

witness is too spooked

you fuckin yellow belly go touch it

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
would lift up my shift and rub my belly on that orb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius